Michael's On East Reviews

35 Reviews for Michael's On East

• Haley

Haley Randazzo · Married on 03/23/2019

Great experience!!

Phil was so great to work with, he was funny and accommodating and most importantly- the food was out of this world.

My guest stills can’t stop talking about the file. And their Mushroom Wellington was so good I got it as my meal and I’m not even a vegetarian. Would definitely recommend this team to anyone!

Sent on 04/01/2019

Michael's On East's reply:

Thank you Haley!
    It was such a pleasure working with you and your family!! The wedding was absolutely beautiful! We wish you and Robert all the happiness in the world!

Melissa Pike · Married on 10/28/2018

Delicious Food

Michael's on East catered and provided our table/chairs/linen etc. rentals for our wedding. From the beginning, Phil & his assistant Lya were very responsive and easy to work with. We had some special requests for alcohol for our bar, and when we went for our first drinks we realized these requests were missing. Within 30 minutes, Michael's had what we needed brought in. The food was amazing, and not just by wedding food standards. We had so many compliments. Servers and bartenders were friendly and helpful. We are very happy with Michael's!

Sent on 11/19/2018

Caroline · Married on 05/19/2018

Best caterer ever! We had them cater a welcome reception for 80 and wedding reception for 100 and everything was absolutely perfect and delicious. Staff was warm, kind, and so so helpful at both events. We got so many compliments from guests regarding the food. Bar service was excellent too! They made our wedding night perfect!

Sent on 06/04/2018

Sara · Married on 10/08/2017

I cannot say enough good things about the stellar service we received from Phil and his staff at Michael's on East. It may be unnerving to have an exclusive caterer at the venue one chooses, but MOE delivers! It is clear that they wish to provide their clients with the best experience possible; they are not resting on their laurels simply because they have an exclusive catering contract.

During the planning stages, Phil, Ngoc, and Lya were always readily available by email and phone. They accommodated my schedule with last minute meetings and tastings. I wanted to serve a certain cuisine that wasn't on the MOE catering menu and Phil made it happen. MOE also offers rental services for chairs, tableware, etc, which greatly simplified the entire wedding planning process. Due to our entirely outdoor venue potentially being impacted by a tropical storm/hurricane, we made the decision to change our venue only two days before the wedding. MOE never missed a beat! Phil took care of everything. At the reception, all the staff were professional, attentive, and warm. We had many comments from our guests about how much they enjoyed the food, which we also found to be excellent. Overall, a truly excellent experience with MOE and I give them my sincere thanks for helping to make our wedding day fun, stress-free, and as beautiful as I could have imagined!

Sent on 10/15/2017

Erin · Married on 04/22/2017

First thing the food. Everyone at the wedding was raving about how amazing the food was and it was the best they have ever experienced. My husband and I knew we were getting a great product because Michaels knows what they are doing and we went to a wedding catered by them before.

They were able to accommodate my dietary issues, wine preferences, and dessert table.

I can honestly say the Michaels is the best caterer in Sarasota and a must to consider for any wedding. You will not be disappointed. Amy and Phil were wonderful in coordinating site visits, tastings and changes leading up to the wedding.

We Love Michaels and you will too!

Sent on 04/27/2017

Jackie · Married on 12/31/2016

Chloe is the events coordinator and she is so amazing and helpful!

Sent on 09/27/2016

Marsha · Married on 10/29/2016

We have used Michaels for at least 5 major parties. Most recently , my daughters wedding at The Crosley estate. We are from NY and DC real foodies. You will not find food and service at this quality level anywhere in the US. Rely upon Phil, he knows how to make a spectacular party. We also did a welcome dinner at their Wine Cellar. Fabulous!

Sent on 11/05/2016
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 10/01/2016

Have it your way!

Phil from Michael’s fulfilled every wish and created a nice environment for serving the entree “family style”. Our guests loved it and it produced more interaction with each guest than a standard “plated” serving. The food was very good and the waitstaff worked impeccably to ensure every guest had what they desired. Great catering service and food!

Sent on 12/27/2018
  • Alyse

Alyse · Married on 06/25/2016

IN LOVE WITH THIS VENUE. They were so accommodating and catered to our every need. Phil and his assistant Ngoc answered all of our questions and were very flexible with us. I was amazed when I walked into the venue and saw how beautiful everything looked. Not to mention the food is TO DIE for. Everyone was raving about how good the food was and they even let us have all the leftovers! All of the caters who worked the wedding were wonderful and made sure we had everything we needed. I wish I could relive my wedding day over and over because it was so amazing, and MOE had a lot to do with that.

Sent on 07/07/2016
  • Christina

Christina · Married on 06/04/2016

Absolutely hands down the best in town! We did a LOT of research and talked to many people in town before choosing Michaels. They were so helpful with decisions on the menu, and the food was incredible! On top of being super helpful, responsive, and professional the staff went above & beyond!! I have to make pay a special compliment to Tracy. She made sure EVERYTHING was perfect! Any issue that came up, she addressed and solved immediately! I wish my wedding planner had been as on top of things as she was. Thank you to everyone at Michaels for all your hard work on making our special day something truly memorable. <3 Mike & Christina Potts

Sent on 07/07/2016

Sarah · Married on 06/14/2015

Numerous guests commented on how delicious the food was at my wedding. The set-up staff was very helpful and flexible on the day of the event when there was a threat of rain at my outdoor wedding.

Sent on 06/23/2015

Sharon · Married on 05/24/2015

Best coordinator, C. Drapkin, impeccable food, service, and staff. All of our needs were met. Fantastic venue

Sent on 06/17/2015

Raquel · Married on 11/22/2014

Incredible food, great team, beautiful linens and decor! Thank you for making our wedding perfect!

Sent on 12/06/2014

The absolute BEST caterer in Sarasota. They did both our wedding and our rehearsal dinner.
    You cannot go wrong choosing Michael's on East and Phil Mancini.

Sent on 01/03/2015

Michael's on East is simply the BEST. From our first phone call they were super responsive, easy to work with and quick to set up an appointment in the limited time frame that we had available. Their experience and talent made our wedding day easy -- I never worried a second about their role -- I just wanted to have enough room to try all of our dishes!

I can honestly say that our pre-wedding tasting was fantastic but the actual execution at the wedding was even BETTER. When does that ever happen? I've worked in find dining/hospitality for 15 years and I've never had better food at a wedding in my life. Our guests were BLOWN away and are still sending us notes about different dishes that they want to recreate and are still dreaming about.

Its no wonder there they are a premiere caterer in Florida -- we love you MOE and can't wait for another occasion to have you cater!!

Sent on 11/01/2014

Evin · Married on 10/04/2014

Food was Spectacular and displays were Gorgeous! We are foodies and everything was cooked on site and delicious. The dessert display was an event all on its own. Hands down Amazing!

Wedding Date: October 4, 2014
    Location: Ca D'Zan Mansion Sarasota, Florida

Sent on 10/20/2014

Tamera · Married on 09/21/2014

I have used Michael's Catering may times before and they never disappoint. They are so accommodating and their food is First Class! Their staff is amazing and I would NEVER use anyone else!

Sent on 09/23/2014

Jennifer · Married on 07/26/2014

Great staff with wonderful customer service. We had our dream wedding fulfilled through this vendor!!!

Sent on 10/06/2014

We held our reception at the Michaels on East Wine Cellar. It was done to absolute perfection. The candles and wine bottles created a very romantic setting. The staff were beyond wonderful. We did not have to worry about a thing!

Sent on 05/05/2014

Stephanie · Married on 04/12/2014

Michael's On East provided the catering and rentals for my wedding and did an excellent job. Guests continue to rave about the food - it was absolutely delicious! The service was excellent too. Ngoc was fantastic and easy to work with despite my numerous changes and ideas!

Sent on 04/23/2014

Casey · Married on 11/02/2013

Michael's on East is insanely good. I used them for catering and table/chair/dishes/flatware etc rentals for my wedding earlier this month. As the weather was iffy Phil attended the walk through with us and the rehearsal to help us decide what to do in case of rain. On the wedding day they had everything set up (as the weather had cleared) in three different locations (ceremony, cocktails and reception). Unfortunately out of nowhere a smaller patch of the storm appeared above us and began to rain. In about 45 minutes this amazing team had the 3+ hour set up transformed into weather appropriate and beautiful locations. Not only did they transform the entire set up and save the event, they were on top of their game for the food as well. We had restaurant owners attending as guests and they admitted to us later they were worried with the wedding delay (due to the weather) the food might not be as presentable as it would have been - but they were SO impressed with the quality, presentation and overall yumminess of the cocktail food, and the main meal, they couldn't stop raving. Starting from the tasting we had at the restaurant (the cook put together different options and made a spectacular custom menu for us) all the way to the 12+ dessert bar, we were SO pleased. I would recommend this vendor in ALL capacities (rentals, catering, etc). THANK YOU MICHAEL'S ON EAST for making our day so special even in the rain!

Sent on 11/16/2013

Phenomenal food and service. The staff was exceptional and the food was superb!

Sent on 05/02/2013
  • Andrea

Andrea · Married on 03/23/2013

Ngoc was amazing! Available all the time!! Willing to work with my numerous ideas!!! Even glitter!!! Phil, the owner, made my dream a reality and not only was the wine cellar the best venue for us, but my guests and family are still taking about the food!!!!

Sent on 04/12/2013
  • User2208184 · 2+ years ago

Michael's on East was an absolute pleasure to work with for my wedding event. I had to change venues about 4 months prior to my wedding date. Phil and his staff put me at ease and they handled everything. He immediately responded to any inquiry I had a question about, he gave excellent advice and opinions which I trusted implicitly, and he was on site the few days leading up to the wedding to make sure everything was setup as we had discussed. The food was absolutely incredible!! The service staff was attentive and very polite. I can't say enough about how wonderful everything turned out. My wedding was perfect and Phil and his team deserve all the thanks!

Sent on 12/17/2012

Renata · Married on 12/09/2011

Simply phenomenal. Phil is as OCD as my family and I are. He poured over every detail and left nothing to the imagination. It rained at our out door wedding at Selby for a few minutes and his staff had everything dry, flipped, and wiped in less than 10 minutes. Our guests and family were very impressed with the service and blown away by restaurant quality food. We STILL get compliments on the food at our wedding. Phil Mancini was also crucial to helping us find and communicate with the rest of our vendors, with whom he knows very well. He also was able to help us fine tune our menu with seasonal ingredients. On our wedding day, he was on premise for hours trying to get the bistro lights up just right, an issue we had to deal with last minute after other vendors priced the work at 3 times the cost. The best caterer in all of the Bay Area. Choose Michael's on East if you DON'T want to worry about a headache and you want to offer your guests a memorable evening.

Sent on 11/05/2012