The Montpelier Quartet Reviews

13 | Harrisonburg, VA

13 Reviews for The Montpelier Quartet

Kaylie · Married on 06/01/2019

Amazing ceremony and cocktail hour music

We had a strings duet (violin and cello) play for our ceremony and cocktail hour. They learned multiple songs that we requested (not in their repertoire), and everything sounded amazing. They were prompt, professional, and overall a great vendor to work with. Highly recommend!

Sent on 07/02/2019

Kristin · Married on 05/25/2019

Beautiful music

Michael Tyree was great! The music was beautiful and really added to the ceremony!

Sent on 06/17/2019
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 08/10/2018

I hired just Michael for my John Marshall Ballrooms wedding on 8-10-18. He played ceremony music as well as cocktail hour. It was BEAUTIFUL! His responsiveness is top notch. The saddest part is that I wasn't able to hear more just from taking pictures during our cocktail hour and not being present when guests were arriving. I would recommend to anyone looking for a violinist for their special occasion.

Sent on 08/23/2018
  • Christina

Christina · Married on 05/27/2018

Michael was great! He sent me a sound bite of various pieces that his quartet had done and I had two songs in particular that I wanted played as we were walking down the isle and he recorded them and sent them to me before deciding to book with him. He was also willing to travel to Williamsburg for our wedding even though he was only playing for the ceremony.

Sent on 06/06/2018
  • Z

Zoe · Married on 10/21/2017

Michael was wonderful to work with at every stage of our planning process. He is extremely professional and responsive. The string quartet was perfect for our outdoor fall wedding - and Michael even arranged a Bruce Springsteen song for our recessional. Five stars isn't enough!

Sent on 12/06/2017
  • Loren

Loren · Married on 06/24/2017

Michael is absolutely 5 stars across the board!!! I booked a string trio with him for my wedding and everything was perfect. He had several recommendations for music and even wrote some custom arrangements as well. He was responsive, prepared, professional and extremely talented, not to mention flexible! I couldn't have been happier. If you want beautiful music and the comfort of knowing it will all be taken care of - this is your guy! Thank you so much!

Sent on 06/27/2017
  • I

Ian · Married on 06/17/2017

Michael was totally professional. Communicative, well-rehearsed, and prepared for the day and weeks leading up to it. Would highly recommend for your wedding, proposal, or other event.

Sent on 06/18/2017

Cecelia · Married on 11/05/2016

Michael was extremely easy to work with !! I rarely had to wait more than a day to hear back from him with an answer to any question I asked ! This was for my daughter's wedding .
    Although they are a classical quartet, we wanted mostly contemporary music played before, during and after the ceremony, and Michael's quartet did not disappoint in the least !! Beautiful music was made that day !! You will not be sorry if you hire this quartet !!!

Sent on 12/31/2017

Melissa · Married on 10/08/2016

I would actually rate Michael 10 out of 5 stars for value. I hired Michael to play in a string quartet and to play cabaret piano at my wedding and he was spectacular. My guests requested songs and Michael played them on the spot- the reception was a blast. I've had several guests tell me it was the most memorable wedding they've been to because of this. I really can't recommend Michael enough. He is kind, smart and super talented. Hire him!

Sent on 05/31/2017

Kariann · Married on 09/24/2016

Michael was a dream to work with for our wedding! We didn't necessarily want the traditional wedding songs played during the processional and Michael was completely willing to learn the new songs we wanted. He also helped us find a better arrangement than we had found. He was easy to work with and very professional. I live out of the area so I wasn't able to meet with Michael in person, but he made me feel completely confident that we would have the perfect music for our wedding and he definitely delivered!

Sent on 07/03/2017

Ashleigh · Married on 07/16/2016

Michael was fantastic to work with for our wedding day! We took him an assortment of song to play before the ceremony began and as I walked down the aisle: including Star Wars and Elvis songs! Since he is able to play music from sound alone, his repetoire is endless, and he had no issues with our random choices in music. He arranged the music to fit our needs and was very flexible. We loved how he was able to add our personal touches to make the ceremony music unique for us and our memorable day!

Sent on 06/12/2017

The Montpelier Quartet's reply:

Thank you so much, Ashleigh! As it turns out, John Williams is one of my favorite film composers, and I'm also a huge fan of Elvis, so working on your music was a lot of fun. We're glad that we did a good job, and wish you the best!

Brandon · Married on 05/15/2016

Michael was an absolute Godsend! The pianist we had originally contacted to play for us got sick and backed out with less than two weeks before the wedding. We contacted Michael and he was willing to play for us, even at such late notice. Not only was he super accommodating, he is a wonderful violinist and a very capable pianist. His humorous sound effects during the rehearsal kept everyone at ease and kept the mood light, and then his demeanor during the wedding day was very professional. My favorite part, though, was when he recorded piano accompaniment, and then played it back during the ceremony while he was playing the violin. The combination was so beautiful and the music was way better than I could have ever asked for!

Sent on 07/09/2016

jake · Married on 05/18/2019

3.0

Beautiful music

My husband and I got married in Lexington, VA and we hired The Montpelier Quartet to play before and during our ceremony in addition to cocktail hour. They know most ceremony songs but are also willing to learn a few new ones for you. I wanted our cousin to sing during the ceremony and they were happy to work with her as well. Their music was beautiful and they were so easy to work with.

Sent on 10/03/2019