Michael Moody, Ordained Minister and Author Reviews

33 | Chicago, IL

33 Reviews for Michael Moody, Ordained Minister and Author

33 Michael Moody, Ordained Minister and Author Reviews

Melissa · Married on 08/24/2018

Michael truly offers a 5 star officiant service in every category. He is easy to work with, understanding and, above all, a quality person to have as a wedding officiant. His prep work is very thorough and we felt like he knew us in detail by the time our wedding came. Many of our wedding guests assumed that he was an old friend and we received many compliments about how he conducted the ceremony. It was great working with Michael and we would recommend him to anybody!

Sent on 09/17/2018

Michael Moody, Ordained Minister and Author's reply:

Melissa, What a treat to be part of your celebration at Salvage One! I wish you and Michael the most happiness in your adventures overseas!

Lindsay · Married on 06/16/2018

Michael Moody was truly AMAZING at our wedding ceremony. His words during our wedding ceremony made us feel beyond special. Everyone kept asking who he was, and how long we've known him. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect officiant for our perfect wedding. Thank you soooooo much!!!!!!

Sent on 06/18/2018
    Michael Moody, Ordained Minister and Author 1
    Michael Moody, Ordained Minister and Author 2
    Michael Moody, Ordained Minister and Author 3
    Michael Moody, Ordained Minister and Author 4
    Michael Moody, Ordained Minister and Author 5

Michael Moody, Ordained Minister and Author's reply:

Lindsay, Thank you so much!!! What a memorable night with a breathtaking backdrop! You, Darin, and Lake deserve the absolute best!

Melissa · Married on 06/16/2018

Michael was one of our favorite parts of our wedding! From the beginning, he was very professional yet personable. He always quickly replied to our emails and clearly was genuinely concerned about who we are as a couple and making our ceremony something special and personal. Michael's questions to prep his writing were excellent, and he clearly took time to read and thoughtfully craft a beautiful ceremony for us that included inside jokes, stories, and poetic writing. He ran a smooth rehearsal, dressed well and interacted well with all of our parents and bridal party, and really exceeded our expectations with his writing, presentation style, and even printing and bringing our vows for us. Thank you, Michael for a meaningful and beautiful wedding ceremony! You guided us all along the way and we really felt supported by your presence at the altar <3

Sent on 07/09/2018
    Michael Moody, Ordained Minister and Author 6
    Michael Moody, Ordained Minister and Author 7

Michael Moody, Ordained Minister and Author's reply:

Melissa, I'm overwhelmed by your sweet words! It was definitely a memorable weekend for everyone! I wish you and Jess the most happiness in your lifetime of adventures!

Jessica · Married on 05/19/2018

We couldn't have asked for a better wedding officiant for our wedding day! Michael was sensational! From the moment we corresponded via email, the rehearsal and then the actual wedding, he was top notch with us through the whole process. We live in Kentucky so Michael met with us via Face time and spoke and got to know us as a couple, learned our vision for the wedding, suggested readings and how the wedding would go (which he already had laid out for us prior to our meeting -so helpful for us seeing we had no idea about this sorta thing!) ..He was very thorough from the get go. Michael was also so helpfully instrumental during the wedding rehearsal, guiding us on how things would go, going over everything the day before! The next day, the wedding went flawlessly. Everything he wrote for our wedding to say, the vows he help create with us (my husband became choked up at one point! it was very beautiful), and the way he interacted with our guests was perfect. We had so many compliments on how professional, well rounded, and personable Michael was. He made our wedding day everything we wanted it to be!

Sent on 06/01/2018
    Michael Moody, Ordained Minister and Author 8

Michael Moody, Ordained Minister and Author's reply:

Thank you for the kind words!!! It was an honor to serve as your officiant in such an intimate setting! Truly a memorable day for me as well!

Sara · Married on 01/06/2018

I don’t have enough words to tell you how pleased I am with using Michael Moody. People literally went up to us after our ceremony and asked us what friend married us. He takes so much time to get to know the couple and truly cares about his work. He met with us a couple of times to really get our background and understand who we are as a couple. He was extremely professional, always punctual, and just a great guy. He married our friend last year and during their ceremony I knew that was the guy that I wanted to marry us. He put lines in our ceremony that We’re so unique and special I don’t know how anyone could top him. He also had great suggestions for you if you don’t quite know what to add to your ceremony to make it special. This was super helpful because we didn’t know what readings were appropriate for a non religious ceremony, but Michael had so many suggestions. 10 out of 10! Can’t say enough great things! Go with him!

Sent on 01/22/2018
    Michael Moody, Ordained Minister and Author 9

Michael Moody, Ordained Minister and Author's reply:

What sweet words...thank you!!! Your wedding was absolutely stunning! I couldn't be more grateful to officiant such a special moment!

Laolu · Married on 12/23/2017

We are so grateful that we choose Michael to officiate our wedding. He was professional and very detailed. He was able to incorporate our love story with the ceremony and had our guests laughing and tearing up at the same time. We highly recommend Michael.

Sent on 01/05/2018

Michael Moody, Ordained Minister and Author's reply:

Laolu, It was a pleasure to serve as your officiant!The love you share with Ekene definitely created the aura of the ceremony. Cheers to the best of life and love!

Monique · Married on 11/17/2017

We met with Michael a few months before our wedding to see if he was a good fit and immediately we knew he would be. He's such a kind, gentle soul and puts a tremendous amount of thought into the ceremony and his chosen words. I appreciated that he took time to get to know us -- we felt so comfortable with him and highly recommend his services!!!

Sent on 11/21/2017

Michael Moody, Ordained Minister and Author's reply:

Monique, thanks for the kind words...it was an honor to serve as your wedding officiant! Cheers to the life that you and Tony will create as a married couple!

Nicole · Married on 10/28/2017

We don't have enough words for how great Michael was for our ceremony, as well as the time leading up to the big day! Not only did we feel the ceremony was personal and heartfelt, but our friends and families gave lots of kudos to what a beautiful ceremony and wonderful officiant. He even pleased Grandma :) He successfully and genuinely shared our love story with our guests, while also adding a flare of lighthearted laughter which was the perfect touch. The time before the big day, Michael was responsive and organized in the ceremony planning, providing a lot of good detail we would have missed otherwise. And during our rehearsal he also rallied lots of little ones in our bridal party...not an easy task! Thank you Michael for making Jason and my day very special.

Sent on 11/05/2017

Michael Moody, Ordained Minister and Author's reply:

Nicole, There isn't a greater compliment than your Grandmother's approval!!! The wedding was just as memorable for me!

Heather · Married on 09/24/2017

Michael's words at the ceremony were a perfect blend of sentimental, narrative, advisory, thoughtful, and comical. We all aww-ed, laughed, and teared up throughout Michael's beautiful guidance and story-telling at our ceremony. We had family and friends who have all been to multiple weddings tell us that our ceremony was the best they've ever heard. The first time we met with Michael we talked for a couple hours, he was so easy to talk to, he genuinely cared and listened to every story we told, he asked all the right questions and developed a fantastic relationship with both of us right off the bat. Michael was always available by email as we sent him updates and pictures as we finalized all the ceremony plans. He was flexible, attentive, worked incredibly well with our venue and dj to make the ceremony so beautiful. Michael was so invested in customizing his speech and tailoring our ceremony to our personality and values. We actually asked for a copy of the ceremony on paper so we could commemorate his impeccable writing to remember for the rest of our lives. We couldn't have chose someone better to represent us and tell our story at our wedding ceremony.

Sent on 10/27/2017

Michael Moody, Ordained Minister and Author's reply:

Heather, I'm still talking about your ceremony to everyone! What an incredible day for the two of you! I wish you the most happiness in your endless travels!

Sara · Married on 05/06/2017

My husband and I had held a small ceremony (only parents and siblings) last November in Vancouver. When we decided to redo our vows and exchange rings in front of a larger group of friends and hold a reception, we started looking for an officiant. We messaged several in the Chicago-area but none stood out until we met Michael. He took time out to exchange phone calls, emails, etc. All of which helped ease my nerves since I was all the way in Vancouver and couldn't meet face-to-face beforehand. He did a wonderful job with the ceremony - touching upon everything we wanted (from our love story to snippets of humor that had our guests bursting with laughter). He couldn't have done a better job. I only write reviews if I think a superior job was done and Michael is your go-to man!

Sent on 05/08/2017

Michael Moody, Ordained Minister and Author's reply:

What a wonderful wedding!!!! It truly was a blast. You are so lucky to be surrounded by such loving friends and family. Your story is a great reminder of true love...continue to cherish each day together as a married couple!

Pam · Married on 04/08/2017

We wanted a secular service and began the search for an officiant who could make the ceremony personal and meaningful to us. Michael was on the preferred vendor list at our venue and upon meeting him in person we quickly realized that we had found the right person for the task. His personality and presence is engaging and comforting. He worked closely with us to learn the details of our meeting and proposal, our goals for our future and then created a ceremony that was beautiful and very personal to us. Many of our guests assumed he was a personal friend who had known us for years. We couldn't be happier with his services and highly recommend him.

Sent on 04/26/2017

Michael Moody, Ordained Minister and Author's reply:

Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your love story...It was truly an honor to serve as your officiant! I couldn't be happier for a more perfect couple! Cheers to the best of life and love!

Christine · Married on 03/12/2017

My husband and I had a unique wedding situation that required us to find an officiant within a very short amount of time. Considering the ceremony would be the main focus of our wedding due to its intimacy, I wanted to make sure we had an officiant that focused on what was important to us and could reflect us the best. Michael exceeded our expectations from the very beginning. When he told us he would rearrange his schedule because he was aware of the situation and timeframe. When he he took all aspects of what we wanted and incorporated them into the ceremony of our dreams. His professionalism, kind and caring attitude are prominent and it truly shows in his work. We highly recommend Michael for any wedding ceremony and know he will make it extra special.

Sent on 03/13/2017

Michael Moody, Ordained Minister and Author's reply:

Christine and Rick, Thank you for giving me the chance to serve as your officiant! I will always hold my memories of the intimate ceremony close to my heart and keep your family in my thoughts. I couldn't be happier for the two of you!

Caroline · Married on 11/05/2016

From his prompt responses to our initial questions to his thoughtful wording of our ceremony, we could not have been more pleased with our choice of Michael Moody as our wedding officiant. He is an excellent listener who is considerate of your unique requests and designs a service that is both personal and touching....and he is a joy to work with. Michael's beautiful words brought tears to our eyes and made our special day even more special.

We would not hesitate to recommend Michael to anyone seeking a considerate, well-spoken officiant.

Sent on 11/06/2016

Michael Moody, Ordained Minister and Author's reply:

It was an honor serving as your officiant! What a memorable, intimate ceremony!!! I wish you the most happiness!

Joe · Married on 10/22/2016

Michael just officiated our wedding and my wife and I could not be more pleased with Michael's overall professionalism during our interactions from our initial communications to performing a lovely ceremony. Michael did a phenomenal job of connecting with my wife and I and was very articulate in sharing some of those moments during our ceremony. Michael's delivery cadence, disposition, and positive attitude were complimented and appreciated by the audience who provided us immediate feedback which set a positive tone for the rest of the evening. We would definitely recommend Michael to anyone seeking a professional, energetic, well spoken officiant.

Rebecca · Married on 09/24/2016

We are very happy we picked Michael Moody as our officiant! Michael was professional and very responsive from the first time we contacted him. When we first met with him to discuss our wedding and our relationship he showed that he was interested in learning about us and performing a ceremony that fit our needs. He also brought up things we had not considered, but ultimately allowed us to determine the structure of the ceremony. Michael was thorough at the rehearsal and made sure the entire wedding party (and family) knew their role for the following day. Michael performed a beautiful ceremony that was as intimate and genuine as we had hoped. It was a pleasure working with Michael and we would certainly recommend him to others!

Sent on 10/16/2016

Michael Moody, Ordained Minister and Author's reply:

Thanks for the kind words!!! It was a pleasure being a part of your wedding story....Even I teared up during the ceremony! I wish you and Milton a lifetime of love and happiness!

Erin · Married on 08/20/2016

As an event planner, I was impressed when working with Michael for the the first time. The bride and groom had chosen him for services and I had not yet met Michael, but email communication leading up to the event was smooth and easy. At the rehearsal he was timely, friendly, and very accommodating. The same goes for the wedding! He was clear and precise in his timeline of the ceremony and worked to ensure not only the bride and groom, but the family and bridal party were happy with the flow and length of the ceremony. He seemed to really value the special cultural touches the bride and groom wanted to incorporate. I will recommend to other bride's and groom's looking for a laid back and easy to work with officiant!

Sent on 08/24/2016

Michael Moody, Ordained Minister and Author's reply:

Erin, thank you for making my job easy! You were extremely professional and well-organized! I look forward to working with you again!
  • natalia

natalia · Married on 07/16/2016

Michael was literally the best officiant I could have asked for. I was honestly starting to run out of hope during my search for one when all I came across was the boring, old fashioned types of life cycle celebrants and officiants. Michael is so nice, laid back, and bonus; handsome! which made him fit right into our wedding vibe. His ceremony went beyond what I had expected, and his character really showed through making people laugh during it which reflected us as a couple as well. I am going to reccomend him for years to come to my friends as they take their next big step in life! I'm still surprised I was able to book THE best officiant in Chicago! thank you so much!

Sent on 07/17/2016

Michael Moody, Ordained Minister and Author's reply:

It was an honor being the officiant on your special day! Cheers to the best of life and love!!!!!

Jessica · Married on 07/15/2016

Michael Moody was the perfect choice for the perfect wedding. His caring nature and intensiveness to our needs showed just how truly special he is as an officiant and as a man. We would recommend him to anyone who is looking for an officiant that truly believes in the spirit of love. Thanks Michael!!!

Sent on 07/23/2016

Michael Moody, Ordained Minister and Author's reply:

Jessica, thank you for making me a part of the family for 2 very special days! I wish the best of life, love, and happiness for you and Micah!!

Gabrielle · Married on 06/25/2016

Any bride reading this, please take my advice and just call Michael and book him before someone else does. He was absolutely incredible. His ceremony felt like he knew the both of us for years. Truly our wedding ceremony went amazing because of him. Thank you, Michael!!

Sent on 06/27/2016

Michael Moody, Ordained Minister and Author's reply:

Gabrielle, It was an honor to serve as your officiant in such a beautiful space (The Stan Mansion in Chicago)!!!! What a celebration!!! I wish you and Maxx a lifetime of love, laughter, and happiness!

THIS IS YOUR GUY!!!

Michael was the officiant for our wedding on 4/16/16 - and I was blown away! Michael was spot on in making our ceremony so personal and unique. We received SO many compliments on the ceremony at our wedding. I must have been asked 50 times how we found him.

Michael took time to get to know us and built the ceremony accordingly. No part of his process is cookie cutter.

I highly recommend Michael - and promise you won't be disappointed. I know several friends who attended our wedding will be using him in the future as well!

Thank you THANK YOU THANK YOU for making our day so special, Michael.

Sent on 05/01/2016

Michael Moody, Ordained Minister and Author's reply:

Your wedding was one of my all-time favorites! It truly was a magical night (and certainly memorable for everyone)! Cheers to the best of life and love!

Maryum · Married on 09/19/2015

My husband and I are so happy that Michael Moody officiated our wedding on 9/19/15! He is professional, personable, and a genuine individual! He responds to all emails and phonecalls in a timely manner.

When we sat down with Michael to go over the ceremony, he put my husband and I immediately at ease. Our ceremony was customized to our wants and needs and when our wedding day came, everything was perfect. All of our guests raved about our officiant, Michael Moody. He really did a beautiful job with his opening statement during our ceremony as well as how beautifully the rest of the ceremony went. If my husband and I renew our wedding vows in the next 10, 25, or 50 years, we hope that Michael Moody will be around to officiate us then! We highly recommend Michael Moody to officiate your special day!

Kevin · Married on 09/12/2015

Mike was very spirited! He gave us a list of questions for us to answer (individually) so that he could make the ceremony as personal and fun as possible. He also provided a lot of examples and descriptions to make the whole process as easy as possible for us. He was professional, courteous, and full of positive energy! He really made the day perfect, and special for us. I would recommend him to any couple! He was simply wonderful, and we are very grateful:)

Selina · Married on 09/04/2015

I am so happy we had Michael Moody officiate our wedding! He did an amazing job! Right from the start, Michael, was very professional and helpful. He sat down with us and helped us organize our whole ceremony and provided us with great advice on the order of everything. He even provided us sample readings and vows which was awesome! He was very responsive with all our emails and answered all our questions as well. And on our wedding day, Michael was phenomenal! He made sure everything was in order and everyone involved in the ceremony knew what to do and when--he made the whole process stress-free. He did a wonderful job tailoring the ceremony to just what we wanted and we couldn't have been any happier with the whole thing.

Nicole · Married on 08/28/2015

Michael was amazing. He listened
    to how we wanted our ceremony and made it very personal. Everyone came up to us after and complimented how perfect and beautiful the ceremony was.

Brianne · Married on 08/21/2015

I do not even know if I can put into words how wonderful Michael is. He made sure that our ceremony was personal to us and the tone we wanted to set. I have to commend him as well at being so great with some unexpected interferences at an outside ceremony! We received so many compliments on the ceremomy which was the most important part for us. We could never thank him enough for being a huge part of our day!