Michael Lance Barrett Wedding Ministry Reviews

45 Reviews for Michael Lance Barrett Wedding Ministry

45 Michael Lance Barrett Wedding Ministry Reviews
  • Carmen

Carmen · Getting married on 01/18/2019

It was a great experience to have Michael Lance Barrett as my wedding officiant. My husband and I met with him months in advance to get a feel for him and he is so welcoming and kind. He gave us samples of wedding ceremonies to help us choose what would be best for our big day. He got along well with the guests of the wedding and we were glad he stuck around for the reception as well!

Suleika Booth · Married on 10/27/2018

Amazinggggg!

For those reading this, please and I say this with all honestly, please book Michael as your officiant. He was so pleasant to work with and made us feel so comfortable about our ceremony and vows. We had so much fun at our rehersal dinner and everyone got along with him. He even matched his suit with our wedding colors perfectly :)
    We wish Michael all the best and we’ll cherish our wedding ceremony forever.
    Happy wedding planning!

Jerri · Married on 09/08/2018

Michael was a fantastic officiant for our wedding! He did a great job at incorporating all of the different traditions between the Jewish-Catholic ceremonies that we wanted to have during our wedding while also keeping it within the time that we requested. Michael took his job very seriously, and he was passionate about it, which was clear throughout the planning process and at the wedding itself. Michael was organized and responsive, and we would gladly recommend him to anyone looking for an experienced and well-polished officiant.

Sent on 09/15/2018

Michael Lance Barrett Wedding Ministry's reply:

From Saint Paul & Victor Hugo to invoking the beautiful Seven Jewish Wedding Blessings, every moment was exhilarating for me!

Kaitlyn · Married on 09/02/2018

Michael was excellent. Not only did Michael help with every detail of the ceremony, he took his job very seriously on the day of. He arrived early to go over any last minute questions and during the ceremony he was very funny and entertaining. We would recommend him to anyone for any style of wedding.

Heather · Married on 09/01/2018

My husband and I were so honored to have Michael officiant our wedding. He is extremely friendly, great with communicationing, and most importantly he genuinely cares about what he does. He put our wants and needs as his priority and made our special day that much better!

Ray · Married on 08/06/2018

Michael was fantastic. Enough kind words cannot be said about this man. If you want someone who genuinely cares and is genuinely excited about your wedding - go with Michael.

Sent on 08/20/2018

Michael Lance Barrett Wedding Ministry's reply:

Ray & Andrea, I shall always cherish how we combined both Jewish and Christian traditions into one special ceremony. As you looked lovingly at each other, I was able to observe the brilliant smiles of you families and friends. Mazel Tov!

Danielle · Married on 05/19/2018

Michael was the perfect match for our ceremony! He was so helpful from the moment we met to discuss everything and helping us tailor our ceremony to fit exactly what we hoped for. He was great and accommodating with scheduling our rehearsal. Everything went beautifully as planned the day of, and we could not have been happier! We would highly recommend Michael to any couple. He truly cares about every couple he works with and can tell how this is a true passion!

Sent on 05/30/2018

Michael Lance Barrett Wedding Ministry's reply:

Danielle & David, thanks for the encouragement.

Lynnea · Married on 05/05/2018

Michael was so wonderful! I got married on May 5th. He was very personal and professional. He made us feel so comfortable on our wedding day. I almost felt like we were family. I’d choose him a million times. Thank you Michael!

Sent on 06/01/2018
    Michael Lance Barrett  Wedding Ministry 1

Michael Lance Barrett Wedding Ministry's reply:

I would be proud to be your "crazy" Uncle Mike anytime! Much LOVE to both of you!

Becca · Married on 11/12/2017

Mike is absolutely wonderful to work with! He was so helpful in helping us write our ceremony, and made sure we were comfortable and happy with every last detail. Our ceremony went perfectly, and we could not have done it without him. I couldn’t imagine our wedding with anyone but him!

Michael Lance Barrett  Wedding Ministry 2

Cristina · Married on 09/30/2017

Mike's warm personality is infectious from the start, his genuine love and appreciation of what he does cannot be hidden. He guided us through the process and helped us create a ceremony that reflected our personalities, Always quick to respond to questions or adjustments we needed, Mike put us both at ease and performed a beautiful ceremony. He especially did a great job with a special tradition we wanted.

As a bonus, he joined us for our rehearsal dinner, and his pleasant conversation and personality helped ease the anxiety our parents had about meeting each other for the first time. After that dinner, we considered him less our officiant, and more our friend.

Side note - it's a week later, and my mom is still talking about how much she liked Mike and how he performed our ceremony. And she's hard to please!

Kelsey · Married on 09/02/2017

Mike did an amazing job with our wedding! He got us started with various ceremony ideas and worked with us to tailor one that was perfect for us. He was able to be completely respectful of our secular views, while making sure our more religious guests felt welcome.

You can tell Mike genuinely loves what he does and takes a special interest in each couple he works with. The ceremony was beautiful and touching and we will never forget it. Also, our families had a delightful time chatting with him at our reception. Thank you so much, Mike!

Kristina · Married on 07/01/2017

Michael was everything and more we hoped for! He was very responsive, calming and organized during the entire process. From day 1 we felt like we new Michael forever and referred to him as our "long lost uncle". I would highly recommend anyone to contact Michael!

• Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 06/10/2017

We were so lucky to find Michael Barrett to ordaine our wedding on June 10th 2017! He was very friendly, charismatic and extremely organized. His passion for family, love and couples really shines through in his work and readings. I highly recommend him to anyone looking for this service in the future.

Sent on 07/15/2017

Michael Lance Barrett Wedding Ministry's reply:

What a wonderful couple to inspire a beautiful wedding ceremony!

Brian & Lisa · Married on 05/27/2017

Michael was fantastic to work with! He created an amazing ceremony and we were lucky to have him perform our ceremony.

• Genise

Genise · Married on 05/26/2017

It was a pleasure having Michael as our officiant. He did an excellent job. He was very professional at all times, organized and he was on time on the day of our wedding. When I worked on my wedding programs and I needed his help with the order of the service he was very helpful during that process as well. I am truly grateful for that. From the Day we meet him he always returned our phone calls in a timely manner. After our ceremony, we received compliments on him from some of our guests. He was worth every penny.

bahareh · Married on 05/13/2017

Michael is great ! we enjoyed his company a lot.

TIM · Married on 01/14/2017

Michael was wonderful to work with. He was very communicative every step of the way and he really took a vested interest in getting to know me and my wife. He is really passionate about what he does and has lots of experience with different types of weddings. He gave us great advice and offered up many sample readings and wedding scripts as suggestions. He is familiar with multiple prayers, readings, and different rituals at weddings. Ultimately, he let us decide how we'd like our ceremony to look and we valued his input. He was very helpful at our rehearsal and helped everyone get ready. The day of the wedding, Michael arrived to the venue early and did a wonderful job with our ceremony. We received lots of great feedback and would recommend Michael's services to anyone getting married.

holly · Married on 11/13/2016

Perfect if you are looking for a personal, spiritual ceremony and don't want to jump through all the hopes with traditional religious ceremonies. Most couples have to do counseling classes, or fill out surveys and questionnaires or have to meet strict requirements from their clergy in order for them to get married. I just didn't have time for this and I felt like I grew up in my church but they weren't very accommodating when I wanted to get married there. Plus if your partner isn't a member of your church, it seemed to be a problem. Mike worked with both of us, no questions asked and offered suggestions and gave us recommendations based on our backgrounds. My husband did not go to church and really had no religious background and Mike was very accepting and accommodating. He offered us sample ceremonies and sent us examples of readings to do during the ceremony, since we both had no idea what direction to go in. There were options from all religions, works of literature, and secular choices. He took the time to meet with us in person, explain his background, and asked us questions before we chose him as our officiant so he could get a good feel of what ceremony would fit us best. We also me with him a few days before the wedding so we could go over everything and calm our nerves and he had created a ceremony just for us! My husband is not the warm and fuzzy type but he really opened up to Michael, and Michael didn't push or force anything on him. Michael and I had a couple of things in common in our personal lives so we really clicked from the beginning. He also came and had dinner with us for the rehearsal, which really was more of dinner for out-of-town guests, since my venue didn't allow rehearsals. He fit right in with my family (which is hard to do!). For our ceremony, we each chose a reading to read out loud and Michael did the Hand Blessing. A lot of my guests thought he was family! He was a wonderful choice for us overall! Highly recommend

Sent on 11/24/2016

Dearest Holly: you did make me feel like family! Blessings, Mike

Anna · Married on 10/22/2016

What an outstanding job! Michael was excellent. He was calming, organized, professional and extremely helpful through out the entire process. We enjoyed his company so much we asked him to stay for the dinner! All our guests loved him as well. Great job!

Elizabeth · Married on 09/17/2016

Michael does this because he loves seeing couples in love. It was clear to us that he genuinely cared about our beliefs and wishes. Not once did he attempted to sway our opinion. In fact, he had many great lay outs and options for us to start with. We then were able to completely structure the rest of the ceremony. At the rehearsal, Michael really took charge and made sure I was happy. When the big day came, he spoke beautifully. Our day wedding would not have been the same without him.

Archie · Married on 08/14/2016

I don't know where to begin. My wife and I planned and financed our wedding. To go from not having a clue on how to do things and to end up having an almost perfect wedding was all because of Mike. He had everything laid out for the ceremony. All we had to do was choose which way we wanted it. And I'm sure if we had our own specific way, he would've catered to us. I say almost perfect because we started a half hour late and I apologized to Mike and he responded "it's ok, I'm going to greet the guest to let the know." He was so patient, flexible, and professional. It would not have went as well as it did if it weren't for him. Thank you for everything.

• Alexandra

Alexandra · Married on 03/19/2016

Michael has been doing this for ages so knows all the ins and outs. He guided us through the process but gave us the opportunity to personalize it just how we wanted. He knows his stuff!

• User4200319 · 2+ years ago

We were extremely happy with Michael officiating our wedding! We were impressed by how warm and genuine he is. He wants the ceremony to be unique to each couple, whether that be religious, not traditional, etc. He provided us with a structure of how his ceremonies typically go, and allowed us to fill in our own personal touches along the way. He is very knowledgeable and gave us some great suggestions. We received plenty of compliments about our ceremony. We were thrilled with Michael and so were our families. Thanks, Michael!

Kelly · Married on 09/20/2015

Michael Barrett impressed us from the moment we met him. He was thoughtful, kind, genuine, and so witty. He was always cognizant of our wishes and was attentive to our emails and phone calls. He even met with us a month before the wedding to iron everything out. The ceremony was perfect. He was serious in all the right places, funny at all the right times, and remained classy the entire length of the ceremony. Hiring him was the easiest decision we had to make as we planned our wedding. We would recommend him to any family or friend getting married in the future. We love you Michael, thank you for all that you did to make our wedding so amazing!