Michael French Reviews

1 User photo

• Ericka

Ericka · Married on 09/19/2020

Our wedding ceremony music

Mike played music for our wedding ceremony. We asked for only instrumental on guitar and Mike was more than happy to accommodate. Mike showed up on time and even stayed late when our ceremony was running behind. He played beautifully on guitar and the ceremony went exactly the way we imagined it would! If you’re looking for somebody reliable, easy to work with and talented Mike is your guy!

Sent on 09/28/2020

Michael French's reply:

Thanks so much Ericka. I'm glad you enjoyed the music! You and Ryan had a beautiful day for your wedding and I'm glad that I was able to be part of it. - Mike
  • keshaw

Katie · Married on 09/09/2017

We were absolutely thrilled with Michael's professionalism, musicianship, and flexibility for our wedding. Being a musician myself, I was very particular about the music, and he was very accommodating. He arranged a cellist to perform with him at my request, skyped with me so I could hear some of the music, and was even willing to stay beyond his contracted time to perform our first dance live. We received many compliments from our guests about how great the music sounded during the ceremony and cocktail hour. The music was appropriate, but not overbearing, and we knew that the music was in good hands all day.

Sent on 09/24/2017
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 08/26/2017

I can not express how amazing this man is! We literally could not of asked for anything better. We had a song in mind for our Ceramony and he executive better than we ever could of imagined. He played every type of music and every single guest was blown away by him! We thank you Mike for making our special day better than we could of ever asked for!

Sent on 08/27/2017

Megan · Married on 07/22/2017

Mike is a truly talented singer and guitarist. He performed during our ceremony and at our cocktail hour. Our guests were coming up to us throughout the night to tell us how great he was, and his performance is still one of the things our guests remember the most about our wedding. Not only is Mike talented, but he is also a very kind person. He was willing to learn songs for our ceremony.

Beyond that, Mike is simply a delightful person and professional. He was generous with his time, and really made an effort to get to know our musical tastes and style. We would not only recommend but encourage anyone looking for a musician for a special event to trust Mike with the job!

Sent on 08/07/2017

Bernadette · Married on 06/17/2017

Mike was very professional and accommodating. He learned a special song for the wedding and even sent me a recording of him singing it before the ceremony so I could be sure we liked it. I have many, many comments from our guest about Mike's beautiful voice. I would highly recommend him.

Sent on 07/03/2017

Dick · Married on 06/17/2017

Mike is simply an amazing person and incredibly talented. His guitar playing and singing are nothing short of beautiful. He was receptive of requests ahead of the wedding, and did everything he could on his part to make our day perfect. My mother-in-law coordinated with him to do a special song during the ceremony that we hadn't heard before hand, and I can still hear him singing it when I think about it. It's difficult to explain in words how grateful I am to have had Mike as part of our wedding.

Sent on 08/22/2017

Noelle · Married on 07/09/2016

Mike was very easy to be in touch with and very flexible. He worked with my wife and I to make our ceremony music exactly how we wanted. We were very pleased with his talent and professionalism!

Sent on 07/11/2016

Elizabeth · Married on 10/10/2015

Michael French was exactly what we were looking for, for our intimate wedding reception. Michael was extremely quick to respond to emails and overall an absolute breeze to work with. My husband and didn't have a huge list of play/not-to-play songs, so Michael did an amazing job at creating our entire playlist. I never worried about the music on the day and my only regret, is the day went by quickly, no allowing me to speak to him much & properly thank him!

Sent on 12/19/2015

S · Married on 08/15/2015

Mike is a true artist and professional.
    My fiancé and I were struggling to find a musician for our ceremony music. We wanted non-traditional music to compliment the ceremony, with an acoustic quality. Mike delivered on all fronts!! He was extremely easy to work with, very courteous, responsive to emails, listened to our needs, and offered a competitive rate. On the day of the wedding, he was very prompt, played beautifully, and made our special day uniquely, wonderfully ours. I'd recommend him to anyone! THANK YOU MIKE!

Sent on 08/20/2015

Julia · Married on 07/11/2015

Mike was fantastic to work with! He has a beautiful voice and performed wonderfully on the day of the wedding. In addition, he was a great vendor to work with leading up to the wedding. He had helpful tips and suggestions for ceremony and cocktail hour music, and he graciously learned new songs that we requested. His communications were always prompt and informative and he was very personable. I would recommend Mike to any couple looking for a wedding musician!

Sent on 08/13/2015

Susan · Married on 08/30/2014

Michael has a beautiful voice and is a very talented musician who can adapt to many genres of music. He was prompt and very well rehearsed. Many guests felt he was a highlight of the ceremony! Highly recommended!!

Sent on 09/02/2014

Katie · Married on 08/17/2014

Mike was fabulous to have at our wedding! He was so easy to work with and was willing to do what ever needed to make our day perfect! He was so willing to learn new songs, even at the last minute. I would recommend mike to everyone!!

Sent on 09/15/2014

Marisa · Married on 08/16/2014

Mike is such a pleasure to work with. His willingness to learn new music for our wedding ceremony made our experience that much better. He went above and beyond anything we imagined. My parents talked back and forth with Mike and the other musician that sang with him to surprise us with a song. My parents changed words around to make it personnel for us and Mike was more then willing to learn and sing this as well! So professional and quick to get back to me regarding any questions I had. I highly recommend him and hope to use him again for something in the future!

Sent on 09/09/2014
  • Kate

Kate · Married on 07/05/2014

From the beginning, working with Mike was a true pleasure. He was very responsive via email, which is excellent for a destination bride like myself who is relying on unknown vendors. Mike put all my fears to rest with his quick response, excitement and helpfulness. I liked that he had music samples on his website, so I really got a feel of who I was hiring, and I knew what I was getting. He truly held up his end of his perfectly written contract. Mike was incredibly professional the day of, after many planning emails. He even learned a few songs we requested for our wedding, which really helped complete our special day, and made us so happy! Our guests really enjoyed his music during cocktail hour, having a well practiced, live musician made all the difference here. Because of our short ceremony, and Mike traveling three hours for our wedding, we did not ask him to come to our rehearsal. I felt confident enough in our talking and planning that everything would be right on target, and it was. Mike really made our day into something beautiful, and we wouldn't hesitate to recommend him!

Sent on 07/18/2014

Diane · Married on 06/27/2014

Mike French is an amazing. He was will to learn any song that we wanted for our ceremony. He recommended a special song for a special part of our ceremony and even learned it in a short amount of time and delivered. His voice was amazing and we got many compliments from our guests. Mike met all of our expectations. I would recommend him to my family, friends and anyone looking for a professional, experienced and extremely talented vocalist/musician.

Sent on 07/02/2014

Amanda · Married on 06/21/2014

Mike provided the perfect atmosphere before, after and during our wedding ceremony. In the weeks leading up to the wedding, Mike was extremely flexible and easy to work with. He was open to learning new music and even sent us a recording of him playing a piece so we could work on the timing of the processional. We thoroughly enjoyed working with Mike and would definitely recommend him!

Sent on 07/05/2014

Jessica · Married on 10/19/2013

Thank you Mike and Tori for making our wedding so special! Both of you are such talented musicians and we really enjoyed your song selection!!! Thanks again!!!

Sent on 10/22/2013
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 07/27/2013

We had Michael French play at our wedding ceremony, and his wife, Tori, joined him to play at cocktail hour. They did a wonderful job! We got so many compliments from our guests about how great the live music was. We provided Michael with a list of songs to give him a feel for our taste in music, and he was spot-on with the songs he chose to play!

Michael was also very easy to work with leading up to the wedding. He was very flexible with the type of music we wanted and was open to learning new songs. He was also very responsive and would always reply to my emails within the day, if not within a few hours. The contract he drafted was simple and straightforward. The whole process went very smoothly. I would definitely recommend Michael and his wife to any bride looking for live music to be played at their ceremony. We couldn’t be happier!

Alex & Ashley

Sent on 08/08/2013

Julie-Ann · Married on 09/29/2012

Mike French accompanied by his wife, Tori, did a beautiful job at my wedding and during the cocktail hour that followed. Mike played accoustic guitar and sang during the processional and was accompanied by Tori for the ceremony song. I found Mike in an online search and connecting with him was as easy as sending an email. Mike provided a host of ideas and was willing to quickly learn two specific songs I chose. Mike provided an easy, short contract that spelled out everything it should. They did exactly what was asked of them, including making an introductory statement I scripted before playing to pull the ceremony song more cohesively into the overall ceremony. In addition to being EASY TO WORK WITH, Mike and Tori's SOUND IS JUST BEAUTIFUL. They brought tears to our eyes and really blew away the guests. Folks loved the upbeat, fun songs performed at the cocktail hour and many guests specifically mentioned this to me. Finally, the cost was VERY reasonable and included everything, like travel. Beautiful sound, easy to work with, reliable, professional, and very reasonably priced. Five stars!

Sent on 10/07/2012

Alicia · Married on 06/16/2012

From the very first time I contacted Michael about playing for our ceremony, I knew I would have a great experience! I was an out of state bride so I relyed heavily on email. He was incredibly quick to reply and always answered all of my questions. I even made special requests for him to learn 3 new songs, giving him only youtube videos to go by. The songs I chose were very sentimental to me and when I heard him begin the first one, I was in tears. I could not have asked for anything better! He is friendly, accommodating, and truly talented! Simply wonderful! :)

Sent on 07/18/2012

Kelly · Married on 10/08/2011

We contacted Mike a mere couple months before our wedding to see if he could perform music for our ceremony. Not only was he able to help us out but he took the time to learn our off beat music selections. He was a joy to work with, very responsive and helpful. And most importantly his music was beautiful!

Sent on 10/18/2011

Megan · Married on 09/24/2011

I was so happy we were able to have Mike sing and play at our wedding. He helped make the day perfect! A lot of our guests commented on how Mike made the start and stop of the music match upperfectly with the bridal party entrance. I also appreciated his responsiveness and patience during what can be a stressful planning period!

Sent on 10/13/2011

Rachel · Married on 08/20/2011

I contacted Mike VERY last minute in hopes that he could perform at our wedding ceremony. I was so impressed with his overall professionalism- his timely responses, his flexibility, options for music choices, and his talent! Over the course of one month, Mike learned ALL NEW SONGS for our ceremony, and we couldn't have been happier! He also performed for our cocktail hour, and our guests could not have been more impressed. With that said, I would highly recommend him!

Sent on 07/26/2012

Michelle · Married on 08/21/2010

My husband and I couldn't have been happier with the music Mike provided for our beach ceremony. He really went above and beyond what I had envisioned and it was clear to us that he put in a lot of effort to ensure that our day was perfect! We highley recommend him! He has a great voice and his acoustic guitar playing was beautiful!

Sent on 06/28/2011

Chris · Married on 05/09/2009

Our wedding band was just what we imagined when we stared planning our ceremony and reception. They were very early setting up and very prepared. Never once complaining about the idiosyncrasies of the venue. Our ceremony was beautiful - they even incorporated our family members into the band for special songs. They learned Hard to Concentrate by Red Hot Chili Peppers for our first dance - not an easy request! Their attention to detail was invaluable!!!

Sent on 06/27/2011