Michael & Dia Photography Reviews

21 | San Diego, CA

21 Reviews for Michael & Dia Photography

21 Michael & Dia Photography Reviews

Autumn · Married on 07/07/2018

I can’t say enough about how they captured the JOY in every photo of our wedding experience. I would pick them every time knowing now how this duo works so well together and has a keen eye for beautiful moments! Will always use them going forward!

Rita · Married on 06/02/2018

My husband and I used Michael and Dia as our wedding photographer for our wedding this June in Santa Barbara. I cannot praise them highly enough. They are professional, dependable, have really great competitive rates, and captured all we desired (and more) for our wedding... and they're just really great people!

I found Michael and Dia online and actually never met them before our wedding. I'm kind of a control freak, and was a bit nervous of hiring someone I had never met, but form the very beginning, Dia and Michael made me comfortable in choosing them to document such an important day of our lives. They were professional and really on top of their game. After hiring them, they even sent a nice little welcome box which included some really nice touches, like a checklist book, vow books for us to use, among other things. It was very sweet and thoughtful.

I didn't meet Michael & Dia until the day of our wedding. This is just further proof of how comfortable they made me feel! They are both just wonderfully nice people and were so incredibly easy to work with. They captured such beautiful pictures of our wedding and they blended so well in the background during the wedding, we totally forgot they were there. Turnaround time on the photos was really fast too! I cannot praise Dia and Michael enough, and highly recommend them!

Jordan · Married on 05/12/2018

Our wedding was a semi-large, very complicated Nigerian-Jamaican palooza. M&D served us impeccably every step of the way. These are the photographers you want on your team. Hands down.

1) Out of all of the professional-grade photographers we looked at, Michael & Dia offered us the most affordable full wedding package that included engagement photos. The quality of their work was so high, our engagement photos got featured in a issue of Offbeat Bride.

2) Due to circumstances, we had to change our wedding date TWICE. Michael and Dia accommodated the changes graciously and without charging us any penalties.

3) They sent us a complementary and completely unexpected welcome package with cute booklets for our vows and customized wax seals for our invitations.

4) They drove all the way to our San Fernando Valley house from SAN DIEGO to do our engagement shoot.

5) My husband and I are black, & we struggled to find affordable photographers who would know how to properly light dark skin, esp. in group photos with various complexions. Michael and Dia lit the photos beautifully, and in a way that was flattering to everyone.

6) Our day-of wedding coordinator was a disaster. But M&D were so on top of the schedule, THEY ended up stepping in to help people know where they were supposed to be and making sure things ran smoothly (which was totally not their job, they were just incredibly gracious).

7) I kept hearing from guests that Michael and Dia were super accommodating with photo requests, & even let the guests peek at their cameras to see cute pictures of themselves.

8) They stayed to photograph our last farewell exit, & warned us that the night lighting was not optimal, but that they would do the best they could. I so appreciated their upfront transparency (although their night photos turned out gorgeous anyway).

They handled our complicated shindig with flying colors. We couldn't be more satisfied.

Michael & Dia Photography 1
    Michael & Dia Photography 2
    Michael & Dia Photography 3
  • Y

Yarimeth · Married on 03/22/2018

Michael and Dia were very professional and very personable! They captured everything the way we wanted them too.

Michael & Dia Photography 4

Daniel · Married on 03/22/2018

We couldn’t have found better photographers! Our wedding happened to fall on a rainy day but Michael and Dia couldn’t have been more professional! They worked with our time slot and were more than friendly and made us feel really comfortable. We’re having a child soon and you can bet once she’s born we will go back to them for newborn photos. Thank you guys again

Michael & Dia Photography 5
    Michael & Dia Photography 6
    Michael & Dia Photography 7

Misty · Married on 03/18/2018

There are not enough stars in the world !! We were in a time crunch for a photographer and we were blessed with both Michael and Dia! The photos were ready so fast, they were absolutely stunning, we couldn’t be happier with every photo, the professionalism, skills, and how comfortable it was to have them there on our special day!!! I can’t wait to have them for another event!! Thank you so much, all of our love!!
    Misty and Alex

Katie · Married on 02/21/2018

Dia and Michael did an absolutely incredible job on our wedding. It was very short notice, but they worked with us at a great price and always responded quickly. They were so friendly and took amazing pictures. They even stayed longer then we had discussed to make sure to capture the sunset. Anyone who needs pictures taken, hire them, you won't regret it!

Michael & Dia Photography 8
    Michael & Dia Photography 9
    Michael & Dia Photography 10
    Michael & Dia Photography 11
    Michael & Dia Photography 12
    Michael & Dia Photography 13
    Michael & Dia Photography 14

Trena · Married on 02/14/2018

This husband and wife duo were amazing! What a great Team! I love the way our photos came out! I was so impressed with how quick we received our photos and I am exremely satisfied with how they captured all of our best memories on our very special day! You will not go wrong with this dynamic duo. Do yourself a favor and book your appointment now with Dia Meraz Photography.

Lindsay · Married on 01/21/2018

Dia and Michael were amazing! Ours was a small intimate wedding and they were so accommodating and professional. I would highly recommend Dia Meraz Photography! They really made our day special, even when our teenage daughter developed an "attitude" they handled everything with poise and grace! They quickly had our pictures ready to view on-line and their web site is so easy to use. We were completely blown away with the photographs, Michael and Dia completely exceeded our expectations. I cannot say enough great things about Dia Meraz Photography! You must hire them for your event!!

Michael & Dia Photography 15
    Michael & Dia Photography 16
    Michael & Dia Photography 17

L · Married on 11/26/2017

Dia and Mike were very accommodating and so nice to work with! We enjoyed the photo shoot and are happy with the results.

M · Married on 11/01/2017

Dia was professional, on time and lovely to have at the wedding. So glad we found her! Thanks for everything you do!

M · Married on 10/13/2017

We were very pleased with Dia's work, and she was also very personable, which was huge for us, as our wedding was very intimate (17 people). We'd feel confident in recommending Dia to anyone seeking photography services.

Bill · Married on 10/12/2017

Dia and Michael were amazing! We used them for our wedding and the pictures came out PERFECT! I generally hate taking pictures but they were both super accommodating and understanding. We found them online and Dia responded to my email within a few minutes. Price was VERY reasonable and they were both even able to stay for an extra hour of pictures at no charge which we really appreciated.

We wanted a lot of candid photos and we are unbelievably happy with how everything turned out. They were efficient, professional, but also personal and a lot of fun. They're just really genuine people who take some amazing photographs. Can't recommend them enough. If you need a photographer in the southern California area go with Dia!!!

We're so grateful we found Dia and Michael. Honestly, working with them throughout the day was one of my favorite parts of the whole wedding, as ridiculous as that sounds. We had a ton of fun and were laughing the whole time. You're going to spend a lot of time with your photographer the day-of, so it's important that a) they can take some damn good pictures and b) you actually like them...Dia and Michael fit the bill perfectly!

Thanks so much you guys!

Michael & Dia Photography 18
    Michael & Dia Photography 24
    Michael & Dia Photography 25
    Michael & Dia Photography 26

Sharon · Married on 10/06/2017

Dia and Michael photographed my husband's retirement from the Marine Corps ceremony. I gave them extremely short notice; their response was expeditious and very understanding. The pictures turned out so beautiful; my husband and I were both so happy with how everything turned out. I enjoyed working with Dia and her husband and highly recommend them to anyone needing a photographer. They were wonderful.

Carolyn · Married on 09/26/2017

We loved working with Dia! My husband reached out to her and from the get-go she was friendly and responsive in her notes and texts to both of us. We received a lot of form letters, but not from Dia. She tailored her response to our needs. Her prices were better than competitive. She was offering more for less and very graciously treated our small request as if we had asked her to cover an event for a week. Prior to our courthouse wedding in Santa Barbara, she called to ask for our wishes and ideas. She drove a distance to meet us, was early and scoping out the changing light when we ran into her, was well prepared with an assistant. That day, she was so generous and creative in including as many poses and scenes as we could across the distance of several bldgs in our time frame. She had a broad, open-minded and collaborative approach. Not only is she a great photographer, she is sweet and super fun to be around. You will enjoy her!! She is an Energizer bunny of positivity and light. Every bride and groom should be so blessed. We will have a delayed reception and will absolutely want to tap her for that. We were thrilled with the finals that she sent to us less than a week after the wedding. Great quality, beautiful lighting, variety, some fun spontaneous ones thrown in. Highly recommended!

Michael & Dia Photography 27
    Michael & Dia Photography 34
    Michael & Dia Photography 35
    Michael & Dia Photography 36

Tiffany · Married on 08/18/2017

“The morning of my wedding, I received a phone call that my original photographer was in the hospital. I a m grateful that Dia was available and took on my wedding last minute. She did a wonderful job and we are so excited at the quality of our pictures. Plus, she was super quick getting them online!! She's amazing!”

I booked her through The Pros!

LATTERLY · Married on 05/12/2017

Dia was AMAZING! My husband and I loved working with her and our bridal party had a blast during our photo session as well. She was professional and fun to work with. She gave just the right amount of artistic input while still allowing us to be ourselves and make suggestions. She was great at listening to our expectations/wishes and executed them very well. We just got our pictures back and they all turned out so beautifully! We would recommend Dia to any of our friends and family who may be looking for a photographer. Thanks, Dia!

Latterly · Married on 05/12/2017

Dia was AMAZING! My husband and I loved working with her and our bridal party had a blast during our photo session as well. She was professional and gave just the right amount of artistic input while still allowing us to be ourselves and make suggestions. She was great at listening to our expectations/wishes and executed them very well. We just got access to view the pictures online and they all turned out so beautifully! We would recommend Dia to any of our friends and family who may be looking for a photographer. Thanks, Dia!

Taylor · Married on 01/07/2017

Dia does a great job of listening to what you want! She is very easy to get a hold of and was always quick to respond to any questions. She was very fun to work with and got beautiful shots that perfectly captured my wedding day. She also got the edited shots to us very quickly which was wonderful.

Alison · Married on 04/03/2015

My husband and I couldn’t be happier with the pictures of our special day. Dia captured the day perfectly and made everyone feel so at ease the entire time. She has such an eye for detail and takes tremendous pride in her work. We couldn’t have asked for a better wedding photography experience.

Don · Married on 05/11/2014

When my wife and I look back at our wedding day, we both agree that our Photographer Dia was a blessing in every way. Nervous Bride and Groom, wedding party and even new in-laws were all put at ease with her professionalism and quick witted charm. Her hard work and eye for perfection has made our pictures a beautiful reminder of our fairy tale day.

I would recommend her for anyone who is serious about having beautiful portraits of their day to be the most timeless reminders of their wedding.