46 Reviews for Michael Designs Florist

Aisle Decor (5)
Flower Petals (5)
Non-Floral (2)
46 Michael Designs Florist Reviews

My fiance wanted to make his proposal special by incorporating flowers. He called Michael Designs Florist and was lucky enough to work with Shaun. Shaun helped him create a beautifully memorable day for us with hand delivered boutonniere, corsage, and a beautiful arrangement for the romantic dinner he had planned. Shaun helped planned out our entire engagement shoot, and even with the 90 degree weather and running around for pictures for much of the day my corsage and his boutonniere were still fresh the following morning! We are so blown away and impressed! The flowers were so important for our day as my fiancee wanted to incorporate them in commemoration of his late mother. Shaun provided us with gorgeous fragrant flowers, special ordered my birth flower, made restaurant recommendations, helped with logistics, and gave us a lifetime of memories! We are beyond thrilled and would highly recommend Shaun and his team at Michael Designs!! Sincerely Rafiq & Naveen

Profile Picture Naveen, 12/22/18, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

Michael Design Florist designed the flowers for my daughter’s wedding on 6/30/18 at the Chesapeake Bay Beach Club. The flowers were breathtaking. Jim and Shaun were so much fun to work with. Great customer service. From the very first time I met with them I knew we chose the best.
The guests complimented the flowers all evening. Do not hesitate to have Michael Design Florist for your wedding or other occasions. They are simply the BEST❤️

Profile Picture Joann, 6/30/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Clean Up, Consultations, Delivery, Event Design, Samples, Set Up, Aisle Decor, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Table Arrangements, Corsages, Flower Petals, Non-Floral

Jim at michaels florist is an artist, his designs are impeccable. He is a true jem to work with. You won’t find better anywhere . We went to many florists you need to see the work before you sign a contract . Trust me he is the best !! Amazing , gorgeous , breath taking !!!!

Profile Picture Lauren, 6/8/18, 1 Review
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Clean Up, Consultations, Delivery, Event Design, Samples, Set Up, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Table Arrangements, Corsages

My venue recommend Jim and Shaun and thank god that they did. When we had our consultation, Jim had put some actual samples of flowers together based on some photos I had sent him. He is so organized and answers all the questions honestly. He MADE our wedding look so elegant and put the look that I wanted together in such a special way. We visited 3 other vendors for flowers and NONE of them compare. I highly recommend Jim and Shaun for your wedding day.

Profile Picture lauren, 6/8/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Jim and Shaun outdid themselves with our daughter's lawn ceremony at the Gibson Island Club. The arch, the flowers, the table arrangements inside, the cascading bridal bouquet - the colors were magnificant and set the tone for a splendid wedding setting. Going the extra mile to bring us the flowers the next morning for our wedding brunch only added icing to our fan cake for Michael Designs. Thank You! Submitted by Barbara and Jon, Annapolis, MD

Profile Picture Barbara, 9/30/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Jim and Shaun are incredible! We booked them for our September 2017 wedding at the Chesapeake Bay Beach club and cannot say enough good things about them. The flowers were absolutely stunning. Their team is creative, professional, and pay such close attention to detail. They worked with me extensively to make sure I had the perfect flowers on my wedding day. I highly recommend them!

Profile Picture Katie, 9/16/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Working with Jim was such a pleasure! He had great ideas and really helped us put our vision together. Our second meeting with him included mock ups of our center pieces and we couldn’t have been more pleased. Jim was very flexible and offered great advice. It was the cherry on top of an already great day when we walked into the venue and saw our vision in real life. We were SO pleased with how every little detail came together. The candles, the arrangements, everything was exactly how we pictured in our mind. Very fair pricing! Highly recommended.

Profile Picture Andrea, 9/3/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Oh man, what can I say about Jim and Shaun that hasn't already been said!? They were simply the BEST. Jim has such a wonderful gift for arrangements. After talking to him for like 10 minutes, he put together "sample" bouquets and centerpieces that were stunning! They were so up front and honest about bloom costs, and, unlike other florists, were honest about expensive blooms and offered alternatives. They also put together and incredible flower crown for my hair that my stylist said was one of her favorite styles that she's ever done! They are seriously the best, and are so conscientious about all of the details. I can't say enough about how wonderful they are!

Profile Picture Kaylan, 8/26/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Table Arrangements, Consultations, Delivery

Jim and Shaun are the absolute best! After talking with me for 10 minutes he knew exactly what I liked and what flowers would appeal to me. Jim is so patient and hilarious, not to mention their work space and environment is where I would go and do some meditation. The air is so clean and crisp, I did not want to leave. If you are in the MD area, no doubt in my mind this is where you should go. I am looking forward to my wedding, flowers are very important to me, and this makes me so much more excited for the big day.

Profile Picture Lyz, 7/28/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Event Design, Samples, Set Up, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Table Arrangements

I had to plan my Maryland coast wedding from California and it was so stressful. I had to do a lot of planning over the phone. Jim was wonderful to work with from the beginning. I told him my colors and he put together some mockups and sent me pictures via email. They were gorgeous. On the big day there was traffic on the bridge and they called and let me know they would be a little late. I appreciated the communication so we weren't left wondering. I was stunned when I saw the flowers in person. I loved them so much. They were beautiful! He had added these unique touches, like thistle. I was so impressed. I was sad I had to leave the bouquets with my mother as we left on our honeymoon! Jim was so professional, always responding promptly and working with me. I can't recommend Michael Designs Florist enough.

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 6/18/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Flowers

My husband and I absolutely loved working with Jim and Shaun! I was recommended by a friend who had also used Michael's for her wedding and from the first meeting we knew we had made the right decision. Going into our first consult I knew my venue ( which they had decorated before) and my colors and that I wanted it to look "natural, and lush". With that minimal direction Jim went into his cooler where all his flowers are and came out with an absolutely STUNNING bouquet. He was able to pull together so many different types of flowers and greenery and make if come together to make it so beautiful and cohesive. Now, flowers at a wedding are expensive. It's a fact and in my honest option, of you are able to dedicate a portion of your wedding budget to give to the florist, it isn't so worth it! Jim and Shaun with their staff completely transformed our reception in to a gorgeous fairytale. We even were able to reuse our centerpieces (which were arranged in a green foam) and able to enjoy them for the following few weeks! Some of our guests even took some home! Look to their Instagram for pictures of some of their stunning work!

Profile Picture Melissa, 12/17/16, 10 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Clean Up, Consultations, Delivery, Event Design, Set Up, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Table Arrangements

Jim and Shaun were great to work with for our wedding. Right from the beginning of our planning relationship both Jim and Shaun made my mother and I feel comfortable and showed us so many examples that helped my vision come forward. Our venue looked exactly how I had dreamed of my wedding looking. We hired Michael Designs to make many different arrangements from table décor, to arrangements for the wooden arch, I got married under. All arrangements were executed perfectly! We received many compliments and we owe all that to Michael Designs Florist. My family will defiantly be reaching out for any future florist needs.

Profile Picture Brooke, 11/5/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Samples, Set Up, Aisle Decor, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Table Arrangements

Jim Paulus and Shaun Sexton of Michael Designs Florist are an absolute pleasure to work with. If you are engaged and looking for a florist, I highly recommend them! I primarily met with Jim for my wedding meetings. From the first email I sent him, to our two consultation meetings at his house, all the way up until the wedding day, he was friendly and easy to work with. He gave me great ideas on how to maximize my budget. He is extremely knowledgeable on horticulture and you can tell he's done a wedding a time or two! He is experienced in his craft and has wonderful suggestions. I think the best part about working with Jim, apart from him simply being a wonderful and kind person, was how I could just trust him to take care of everything! Weddings can cause stress for the bride and groom; however, I can happily say I had no stress at all on the wedding day! I walked in my venue and took a sneak peak of the ballroom while they were setting up and it looked absolutely incredible! They had arrived on time, set everything up just the way I wanted, and even went the extra mile to add little things like lace on my mason jars. Another wonderful surprise was how he added extra roses on my centerpiece plates that I wasn't expecting! It is clear they love their job and take pride in doing the best job they can. The bouquets, boutonnières, corsages, and large floral arrangements at our ceremony site were all beautiful and well done. Thank you Michael Designs for helping to make our wedding so beautiful! It was a joy to have you be a part of our day!

Profile Picture Andrea, 9/3/16, 8 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Jim and Shaun were so completely wonderful!! I happened to randomly find them on google, and I could not have been more excited to work with them! When my fiance and I went to meet with them to discuss wedding options, I had no clue what I was looking for. However, Jim just took over with the direction he thought we should go. He did an amazing job and the outcome was more fantastic than i could have imagined. Our wedding arrangements were so gorgeous, and we received so many compliments.

Profile Picture Bethany, 8/26/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers

The whole experience of working with Michael Designs was perfect! We met twice before the day, and both times were productive and fun, and the flowers were stunning. Jim is amazing - he is very easy to talk to, easy to get in touch with, and most importantly, he is a phenomenal artist! His ideas made our wedding flowers and tables come to life. My bouquet and all of the bridesmaids bouquets were delivered right on time to the place we were getting ready, and they were stunning! We had a nautical themed wedding, with red flowers and navy/white accents. Since it was a hot July day, we were instructed to keep the flowers in water as much as possible, and they looked perfect all the way through the reception - a full 12 hours after they were delivered! At the reception venue, the tables and decorations were also perfect. In the entrance room where the cake was displayed, Jim even designed a beautiful table with wooden ships surrounded by flowers that brought the whole theme together. I really can't say enough good things about Michael Designs Florist.

Profile Picture Caryn, 7/9/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Flower Petals, Non-Floral, Table Arrangements, Clean Up, Consultations, Delivery, Event Design, Samples, Set Up

Jim and Shaun not only made my visions come to life, but exceeded all of my expectations. Anytime I had to contact them, they responded right away, and made it easy to talk to them, like talking with friends. I still get comments on how beautiful the flowers were, and I couldn't agree more. I am telling all of my engaged friends to go with Michael Designs!!!
-Gina and Sean

Profile Picture Gina, 7/9/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Clean Up, Consultations, Delivery, Event Design, Set Up, Aisle Decor, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Table Arrangements

Shaun and Jim truly have an eye for creating beautiful flower arrangements. Everyone including myself was blown away when we saw the completed florals the day of the wedding. From the beginning, they were incredibly responsive and helpful with suggestions when I was having a hard time deciding. They did not disappoint, the flowers were more beautiful than I could have imagined and are very well priced. Looking forward to working with them again!

Profile Picture devin, 6/25/16, 10 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Set Up, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Flower Petals

Jim and Shaun did an amazing job with our flowers! They were absolutely beautiful the day of the wedding! They were a little slow getting back to emails at times, but they are both super nice and really understood our vision! I really couldn't believe how beautiful our flowers were and we would definitely recommend them!

Profile Picture Krista, 6/18/16, 10 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Set Up, Aisle Decor, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Flower Petals, Table Arrangements

All I can say about my wedding flowers from Michael Designs is - WOW! When I walked into the bridal suite and the bouquets were set up on the table, I started crying because they were even more beautiful than I imagined. After visiting with other florists that sent over proposals that were thousands of dollars over budget and didn't show me any actual flowers, just pictures, I easily decided to go with Michael Designs after a meeting with Jim. He took us into their show room and we were able to see all of their flowers in person and pick which ones we liked. He grabbed the flowers and threw together a quick bouquet so we would know what the combination looked like all together. He made sure to provide options that fit our budget and was very flexible when we made some changes a few weeks before the wedding. I highly recommend Michael Designs for any occasion!

Profile Picture User5083161, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Table Arrangements, Consultations, Delivery, Set Up

Jim Paulus & Shaun Sexton (owners) were excellent to work with, from the first time you sit down with them to discuss your flower preferences and budget to the Wedding Day. Friendly, prompt and extremely reliable. Their arrangements exceeded our expectations. I would highly recommend Michael Design Florist for any venue or event.

Profile Picture Sue, 10/2/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers

I have worked with Michael Designs for multiple events and cannot say enough wonderful things about their customer service and quality of work. Before each event, I explained my vision to them and they made it happen, surpassing my expectations each time. I always receive countless compliments on our floral arrangements, I have complete trust in them and know that they will work with me to ensure I am satisfied. Their prices are reasonable and they are very accommodating and flexible. I recommend them for any type of event!

Profile Picture Monica, 9/12/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers

The flowers for my daughter's wedding were spectacular. The centerpieces beautiful. All the guests commented on the beauty and design of the flowers. They were easy, wonderful, flexible and at times quite funny which helped ease the tension that weddings bring. I would highly recommend them to anyone getting married in the area. Bravo!

Profile Picture Madelyn, 8/22/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Wedding Cake

Jim and Shaun did an AMAZING job on our wedding. There wasn't a single thing I would have changed. They were extremely easy to work with and went above and beyond to make sure I was happy with all things flowers. The trials I went to were great and was very impressed with what was pulled together to demonstrate what I would get on the day of the wedding. However, on our wedding day, I was blown away with how amazing the bouquets, centerpieces, etc. all turned out as it was what we discussed in the trials but even better. I still cant get over how perfect everything was. Our wedding was outdoors overlooking a river and the arrangements they pulled together perfectly complemented the outdoor scenery.

Profile Picture User6005804, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Aisle Decor, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Flower Petals, Table Arrangements, Clean Up, Consultations, Delivery, Event Design, Samples, Set Up

Jim was AMAZING. I had a few meetings with him and I felt like he got a really good idea of my vision. He was up front and honest with me about what he thought was a good idea and what he thought wouldn't work. He made suggestions that totally made everything come together. The flowers were STUNNING and they were EXACTLY what I had envisioned. Absolutely LOVED them. Cannot say enough good things about him!

Profile Picture Heather, 5/21/15, 13 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Jim at Michael Designs was excellent to work with and was able to execute our vision to perfection! Although we had basic ideas and concepts of the flowers we wanted, after one meeting with him, he was able to take our ideas and turn them into the most beautiful arrangements and decor. Halfway through the process we bought a house, and even with that budgetary constraint, Jim was able to make small changes and still provide us with the wedding of our dreams. I highly recommend working with Michael Designs, they made our special day so beautiful and were professional and responsive throughout the entire process.

Profile Picture Jill, 12/27/14, 4 Reviews