Michael & Carina Photography Reviews

Michael & Carina Photography 4
Michael & Carina Photography 5
  • Kirsten

Kirsten Oddo · Married on 06/28/2019

Michael and Carina are the ultimate dream team!

Michael and Carina were an absolute dream to work with for my wedding! I hired them for my engagement shoot, boudoir, and wedding - and for each event they were incredible. The pictures we've received thus far are absolutely magical. They are so talented and I am so grateful to have their pictures to last forever.

The two of them working as a team is truly inspiring. From the beginning, they made an effort to get to know us as a couple and were determined to photograph us to showcase our relationship in the best way possible. For our wedding day, our wedding portraits and wedding party pictures were at 2pm on June 28- so it was very hot. Michael and Carina did everything they possibly could to make us feel comfortable and relaxed. They were never phased by the heat and managed my large wedding party with ease. They were extremely professional throughout the entire event. My favorite part about having them as our photographer, was the way they encouraged and built confidence in us. They are so complimentary and encouraging throughout pictures- even my bridal party referred to them as 'the ultimate hype team' to have them cheering us on throughout pictures. I appreciate the amazing pictures they take, but I appreciate the way they treated us even more. I would recommend Michael & Carina for ANY photos you need 10/10 times!!

Sent on 07/04/2019
  • Grace

Grace Toolan · Married on 06/01/2019

Beautiful photography and wonderful people

Michael & Carina are beyond talented and truly went above and beyond on our wedding day. The photographs we received from our engagement session and our wedding day are absolutely incredible. Michael & Carina are truly artists and both have such an eye for detail and lighting. The photos they captured of our wedding day and our engagement session are truly gifts and we will treasure them forever. Michael, Carina, and their assistant were such a pleasure to work with and they made sure that we were cared for throughout the day (ensuring that we got food and drinks and even helping me with my shoes and lipstick). Their presence and their work added so much to our wedding day and we could not thank them enough.

Sent on 08/01/2019
  • Cat

Cat · Married on 11/17/2018

Absolute Artists!

Michael and Carina are not only some of the sweetest people you'll ever meet, they take their craft seriously and are extremely professional. In addition to the digital medium, they also use 35mm film to capture the warm quality "old school" film brings to a photograph. They are artists. Considering that photographs are what remain long after the wedding ends, it's important to have someone who knows what they are doing and does it extremely well. I am not a fan of getting my photo taken, but they made it painless! They are a true class act! If Michael and Carina are available on the day of your wedding, HIRE THEM!!! You will be happy you did!

Michael & Carina Photography 6
    Michael & Carina Photography 11
    Michael & Carina Photography 12
    Sent on 12/15/2018

Caroline · Married on 08/04/2018

We had Michael and Carina do both our engagement and wedding photos. From the very beginning, we could tell that for Michael and Carina photography is more than a business, it is an art form. They are passionate about film photography and their work. Michael and Carina have the most incredible eye for light in photos, and they capture the most stunning images. During our engagement session, Michael and Carina were amazing at directing us how to pose for photos. They made the whole experience light-hearted, natural, and fun. On our wedding day, they brought an assistant to help them. Having a team of three people made the whole day go so smoothly. We got our photos back within a month of our wedding, and we were floored at how beautiful they were. Michael and Carina are passionate, creative, timely, detail-oriented, responsive and professional - everything you could want in a photography team! I could not recommend more highly!

Sent on 10/08/2018

Michael & Carina Photography's reply:

Hi Caroline & Cole,

It was a joy to get to know you both.

Thank you for your kind words.

It was such a joy to document your wedding at Big Spring!

Best,

M & C

MRB0707 · Married on 07/07/2018

M&C are one of the best choices we made for our wedding!

Michael and Carina are a kind and beautiful couple, extraordinarily talented photographers, and consummate professionals. They were the first vendor I reached out to for our wedding; as soon as I saw their website, I hoped they could photograph our big day. They use light expertly to achieve a very soft and romantic look and I just loved the way they capture the bride and groom, in particular. They are also insanely responsive and clearly take a huge amount of pride in their work and client service.

Our photos are gorgeous and we are so grateful to Michael and Carina for capturing the beauty of our day. If I could do it again, the only thing I would do differently is have M&C stay for more time and more pictures!

Sent on 10/29/2018

Eleonora · Married on 07/06/2018

If you're reading this you probably already have seen how talented this duo is and how refined and visually pleasing their photographs are-- the emotion, candor, and story captured in their photographs is out of this world. This goes without saying. Anybody can see their photos are of the highest quality-- our engagement portraits are phenomenal--thanks again. AND above all else, they are the most most real, spontaneous, couple (on our day we also had the pleasure of having their lovely assistant!!) you will ever meet. Thank you for making our day a dream come true.

Sent on 07/08/2018
  • Claire

Claire Hakim · Married on 06/16/2018

Wedding Photography Dream TEAM!!!

I am so lucky I got to have Michael and Carina photograph our dream wedding. They went above and beyond starting with the initial emailing, sending a gorgeous gift package, and just were on top of communication and listening to exactly what we wanted. On the day of they made it super comfortable for us to be ourselves and the outcome as incredible. We are so happy with our photos that we can look back on forever thanks to these two!!! We are forever grateful!

Sent on 11/14/2018

Michael & Carina Photography's reply:

Claire, Tommy, we can't put into words just how much your review means to us.

Thank you. It was such a joy to document such a special day in your lives!

Sukanya · Married on 06/02/2018

We hired Michael and Carina for your engagement shoots. Unfortunately, they were booked for our wedding a which was a year after our engagement shoots but we were so happy with the pictures from our engagement. Everyone told us it looked straight out an editorial shoot. They captured our clothing, the light and the vineyard we took our pictures at very well. I would definitely recommend them for your wedding or engagement!

Sent on 03/30/2018

Kate · Married on 05/19/2018

We had Michael and Carina for our engagement and wedding photos. They are hands down the most talented photographers. You can feel the love they have for each other and photography. They are both so easy to work with and go beyond to make sure you needs are covered!! You will feel very comfortable on your wedding day which is essential! I can't express how much we enjoyed working with the couple. You will not be disappointed!!! (My dad hates taking pictures and he won't stop raving about how wonderful they were during the wedding!!). The day of the wedding, it rained.... there weren't a ton of options for photos with 20+ people of the wedding party since the ceremony was supposed to be outside. Michael and Carina took their imagination to the next level and were able to pull off STUNNING backgrounds. When I received the teasers, I was SO excited to share them with all the guests. Michael and Carina are hands down the most amazing photographers out there! Can't wait to use them in the future!

Sent on 06/11/2018

Kate · Married on 05/05/2018

There are no words to describe what a phenomenal job M&C did for our wedding, but I am going to try. From the very beginning, they made us feel so comfortable in front of their cameras. Their photos are elegant and timeless. They take natural light and turn it into magic! We loved that they use only film and don't shoot with digital photography. They were such a pleasure to work with. Stop reading this review and book them right now!!

Michael & Carina Photography 13
    Michael & Carina Photography 14
    Michael & Carina Photography 15
    Michael & Carina Photography 16
    Michael & Carina Photography 17
    Michael & Carina Photography 18
    Sent on 06/06/2018

Michelle · Married on 06/17/2017

Michael and Carina were the first vendors we booked for our wedding, two years in advance. We loved their work and couldn't wait to have them capture the most special day of our lives - and they delivered more than we could have imagined. We had such a wonderful time with them on our wedding day and the following morning at a sunrise session by the ocean. Their creative direction was invaluable and we cannot wait to see the photos! The way they interact with each other and the guests is truly lovely, and we had an incredible experience working with them. Hopefully we can make it happen again one day!

Sent on 06/27/2017
  • F

Fan · Married on 06/11/2017

We had the wedding in early June of this year in Washington DC. I have a great team of vendors, however, Michael & Carina were just far more than perfection. They are the first vendor that I booked for our wedding, because I have reviewed so many of their work and I really love the way the photographed and the color and texture of their pictures, the way they focused on details, etc. and etc. They will do the photography in a natural way that we enjoyed the session so so much! We enjoyed working with them so much. They are super easy to work with, they love each other so much and they might be the sweetest couple that I've ever seen. They are professional, responsive, detail-oriented, they had a great sense of beauty, they will find the perfect angles and to capture the most wonderful moments of your big day.
    Besides to the fact that they really did a great job in photography, they communicated with us a lot. Carina was always replied to me quickly to all my questions, even they are busy traveling or working, she will always do her best to get back to me asap. I communicated with her a lot, brought up my requests, sent her the inspiration pictures that I love.. so she totally understand the photos that I want. I can guarantee you that they will make you 100% satisfied, or maybe more 100%. When I received the pictures one month after the wedding, I was so in love with them and hiring Michael & Carina probably was the best decision that I made! Words cannot express our thank you enough and we truly appreciate M& C's fantastic work. If I will go with an anniversary session I will certainly go to them again, without any doubt!! Wedding photography could be one of the most important vendors in a wedding, and their service deserve the investment that I made. I highly recommend Michael and Carina.

Sent on 08/10/2017

Courtney · Married on 10/01/2016

We hired Michael and Carina to photograph our wedding on 10/1/16 and know that we couldn't have made a better choice! They have such a love for each other and their craft that really shines through their work.

We knew that photography can be one of the bigger vendor choices that you make, so we made sure to research a few options for photography. We were instantly impressed by Michael and Carina's portfolio and reached out to inquire about their availability. Not only did Michael and Carina respond to us, they set up a Skype conversation with us from Europe! We had no idea that when we scheduled it for after our work day that it would be the middle of the night where they were. That sort of exemplifies Michael and Carina. They go above and beyond for their couples and made sure to work with what worked for us.

They were able to help us find a location for our engagement pictures which came out so beautifully. They also were able to help us figure out what to wear and what would photograph the best in the location. They even helped me find a hair and makeup team for our wedding after talking with me at our engagement session!

We were so nervous before our engagement pictures (neither of us are very used to having our pictures taken and don't thrive as the center of attention) and they worked with us through the whole process to give us direction and not feel as silly as we thought we would. We just received our wedding photos and are absolutely in love with them! They captured the mood of the day from preparation to the formal pictures to the hugs goodbye at the end of the night and all of the details in between (including many we didn't realize we wanted captured!). We were both very nervous throughout the day, but they were such a calming presence.

We added an extra hour at the last minute with no problems. It was a great decision for us because they captured so much fun and love in that extra hour! Simply put, they are the best you can hire!

Sent on 10/23/2016

Mary · Married on 08/06/2016

Michael and Carina were an absolute pleasure to work with. We fell in love with their previous work immediately and got to experience their passion for professional photography first hand during our engagement photo shoot. They gave clear instructions on how we were to pose during photos but also gave us room to adjust and feel natural. We encountered some rain during our engagement photo session but they were able to make our outdoor photos look fantastic.

We found their photography to have a tasteful, classic feel without sacrificing the element of spontaneity, and in both our engagement photo and wedding photo sessions we felt that this was accurately captured.

Sent on 08/20/2016

Jessica · Married on 07/09/2016

Michael and Carina are the most professional, responsive, personable individuals I've ever been lucky enough to work with. From the very beginning, they worked with us to find the photography package that best fit our needs and budget. They stayed in touch throughout the planning process, surprising us every step of the way with unique and thoughtful touches. Somebody told me that a bride had better love her photographers, because they are the ones that she spends all day with...and it was true. Michael and Carina not only took the most incredible photos, but they were also the best friends I could have asked for on the day. They made us laugh, they calmed us down, they even shielded us from certain persistent guests at the reception when we needed the help! :) Perhaps most importantly, they also kept us on schedule--down to the minute. We also loved being able to work with them as a couple, because they could demonstrate some poses that felt at first awkward to us. It was really helpful and made us feel so much more comfortable on the day! The photos were returned to us very quickly, and I was shocked at the quality. Michael and Carina made me feel so beautiful! They captured the most amazing tiny moments, and made the wedding look truly stunning. I would book them again and again, and recommend them to anybody thinking considering it. The value is truly incredible.

Sent on 10/13/2016

Michael and Carina were such a dream to work with! Photography was incredibly important to my husband and I, and we couldn’t be happier with the results. Michael and Carina are genuinely kind and thoughtful, and they made us feel like much more than just another client. From the very beginning Michael and Carina were always available to talk, and toward the end they sent us things like questionnaires and sample timelines to help us get prepared. They are very professional and very attentive to details. My husband and I can be goofy and awkward, yet Michael and Carina were able to make us feel incredibly comfortable and natural in our engagement session. They gave direction to make beautiful shots, but they also captured so many naturally beautiful moments. We also had a lot of fun, which made us even more excited for our wedding day. Our photos were absolutely stunning, romantic, and timeless! They captured our day perfectly, and we received our photos in less than a month – which was quicker than many of our friends who had digital photographers! There is nothing better than having your love and wedding captured by a husband and wife team living their own beautiful love story! My husband and I absolutely love our photos, and I cannot stop looking through them!

Sent on 08/01/2016

Michael and Carina were seriously the highlight of our engagement and wedding! My husband and I loved working with them - they are kind, flexible, professional, effective, and have the most stunning taste. Our photos were always delivered early, and were exceptionally beautiful. Michael and Carina are able to masterfully balance giving direction and capturing natural moments. They really focus on taking high-quality shots that are sweet, timeless, and emotional. Everyone recommended investing in photography, and we are so deeply thankful to have had Michael and Carina record our big day with such style, elegance, and grace. Thank you so so much, we will cherish these photos forever!

A + M

Sent on 06/28/2016

Lesley · Married on 05/06/2016

There are no words to describe how absolutely incredible Michael & Carina are. They are not only sweet, genuinely caring people who truly love their craft, but the images they produce are breathtaking. From the very beginning, they went out of their way to make us feel excited for our wedding and to help us celebrate our love, whether it was sending an adorable handmade "thank you for choosing us" package, to working with us to figure out the best options for our budget, to driving four hours in the dark after hitting an animal and having to Scotch-tape their broken undercarriage back onto the car to make it to our engagement session by dawn. (Seriously. Rock stars.) My husband is a little camera-shy, but they made us feel so comfortable the entire time they were shooting that we had a total blast, both at our engagement session and at our wedding. And the quality of the photos - wow. Like something out of a magazine, or a dream. M&C do a great job of not overstaging photos, too. They give great direction to make you look your best, but they don't go in and style everything to perfection. They capture natural beauty and the emotion of the moment in an elegant, timeless way, and make any imperfections feel perfect. We are so, so grateful to them for capturing our love and our day in such a graceful, tangible way. Michael and Carina - thank you, thank you, thank you.

Sent on 06/02/2016

Danielle · Married on 04/22/2016

Michael and Carina are absolutely wonderful!! We were left scrambling to find a photographer months before our wedding, and it ended up being such a blessing. They were absolutely PERFECT and everything we could have hoped for. They came to us sight unseen and knew just where to take us to get the most amazing photos. They made us feel so comfortable and used their creativity and talents to capture every special moment! They are the absolute BEST!

Sent on 05/28/2016

Blair · Married on 04/02/2016

Unbelievable photographers! Creative, quick and easy to work with. Flexible and willing to get the photos you imagine on your big day. They went above and beyond creating and taking the photos i wanted on our special day and had so many suggestions. I am VERY glad we hired them and so is everyone else that attended as they all LOVE the photos of them.

Sent on 05/23/2016
  • Y

Monique · Married on 11/14/2015

Michael and Carina are so awesome! They are the sweetest couple and work so well together. Both of them were so patient and flexible throughout the whole wedding planning period, giving us the time and energy to focus on other things. We took their recommendation to do an engagement session and it was so worth it! We, including our families, are so grateful for all of their hardwork and timeless photos. We would recommend Michael and Carina 100%!

Sent on 03/26/2016
  • Lexi

Lexi · Married on 10/11/2015

Michael & Carina were amazing. We FaceTimed since we were too far away for in person meetings, they listened to our story and what we wanted and made us feel like they got it. Unlike other photographers we met with, they were ontop of everything -having forms and examples and calling on time. If anything, they were more ontop of the details then we were! They even helped me create our day of itinerary. They came early, brought props just in case (linen to lay things on, a super beautiful hanger since I managed to forget one and had my dress on a cheapo plastic one, etc) and were so very nice to have around. Our family and friends loved them, and Im fairly certain our 4 year old son has a huge crush on Ms Carina as he was following her around with flowers the entire day. They captured so many moments I had missed and some I thought nobody had gotten (my son embracing me out of nowhere in a brief moment of downtime, him swinging on a wooden swing or petting the venue's resident housecat, etc!) There are simply no pictures I do not like. My only complaint is that we're having a ridiculously hard time trying to pick pictures for our album since we love every single one. Ive been told this is very unusual and most of my married bridesmaids said they are jealous and did not love their pictures nearly as much as they love ours. Some of the images captured could really be ads in a magazine or posters, they are that gorgeous. They also shot 99% of the wedding on FILM! Yes, FILM, like the roll up kind you have to develop, which makes it all the more amazing that they came back with so many beautiful images. We would highly recommend Michael & Carina (and their lovely assistant Isabel) for their professionalism, warmth, quick turnaround and final product. We will enjoy these images for the rest of our lives, and really feel that they captured the love, fun and excitement of our day perfectly down to every single detail.

Sent on 11/12/2015

Dana · Married on 10/10/2015

You will not be disappointed in this duo! Michael and Carina were fantastic to work with and were absolute professionals. You don't even realize they are there but are able to capture beautiful photos. They are worth every penny!

Sent on 01/20/2016

Shelly · Married on 09/19/2015

Don't even hesitate about your decision to hire Michael and Carina to photograph your wedding day! I am the mother of the bride from a recent wedding and a photographer myself. They are truly amazing people and photographers. They will capture the love and emotion of your entire day and your photos will never look "staged". Their photographs are a true work of art! They are particularly good at relaxing people in front of their cameras and are both a pleasure to work with!
    Our gallery of photos were delivered in a timely manner and were easy to sort through....the only hard part is picking your favorites because they are ALL such great photos! A big THANK YOU to Michael and Carina!

Sent on 10/30/2015

I don't know what I could say about Michael and Carina that their amazing portfolio wouldn't do better. We count ourselves so blessed that they were a part of our special day.
    We first met the husband and wife duo at our engagement photo shoot (for which they drove 3 hours in time for the sunrise!). My husband and I were nervous as we weren't used to posing for photos--together or individually, but Michael and Carina made us feel at ease. They modeled poses for us to try and joked with us which made the whole experience actually fun!
    On the day of our wedding, they were such professionals and were able to get some amazing shots despite the cloudy skies and chances of rain.
    I can't say I know much about film photography, except that they take a little longer to get back than digital..but the wait is well worth it. The quality of the images and their dedication to their craft are so evident in the photos. We will cherish them forever!

Sent on 12/30/2015