Michael Anderson Photography Reviews

101 Reviews for Michael Anderson Photography

• Michael

Michael K. · Getting married on 09/09/2021

Light Painting

Michael Anderson photography creates stunning light paintings. Which combines the light form thousands of shots to create a photo. The pictures we saw were so amazing that we decided we needed to have Michael as our photographer. Our picture did not disappoint! So excited to have the picture as a staple in our house for years to come.

Sent on 11/02/2019

Michael Anderson Photography's reply:

Hi Michael! Thank you for the wonderful review! You're light painting was certainly one-in-a-million and we're so glad you love the final results! - M&J
  • Taran

Taran B. · Getting married on 06/03/2021

Great, Professional and really cool people

Michael and Joannie are amazing. We had a very unique wedding and I had a few specific requests, and it was awesome to see the two of them really get in to it and follow through. I highly recommend these two for any photography you might need.

Sent on 04/17/2019

Michael Anderson Photography's reply:

Thank you, Taran, for the nice review! You guys made it easy to get into your wedding! What a cool couple the two of you are! - M&J
  • Linda

Linda S. · Getting married on 03/04/2021

STELLAR wedding photography team!

We feel extremely lucky and are forever grateful to Michael Anderson Photography for capturing our engagement and wedding photos! There is no better in the business. Since we are older, we've been around the block a few times. From start to finish, everything was done quickly, professionally and honestly. The quality of Mike and Joannie's work is just STUNNING. We never had one uncomfortable moment. Mike and Joannie know how to get the job done with seemingly little effort. We were never conscious that they were photographing, and we have some WONDERFUL formal and candid photos and videos of our special day. The light paintings that Mike produces are out of this world! And, his responsiveness, timeliness, and friendliness did not go unnoticed. Unbelievable talent! You will never be disappointed in the quality of the work. It was worth every single penny! We will definitely work with this photography team again!

Sent on 05/19/2019

Michael Anderson Photography's reply:

You two are seriously the best! What a wonderful review (and wedding day)! We're so excited to work with you both on what will be an amazing wedding album. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with other couples. - M&J
  • Erin

Erin W. · Married on 01/05/2021

Great Experience

We worked with Michael and Joannie for our outdoor ceremony with an indoor reception. They were able to capture so many aspects of our day and very quickly got the pictures to us after the wedding. My wedding album is going to be gigantic because I couldn't choose between all of the beautiful photos. I would highly recommend Michael and Joannie for any wedding!

Sent on 11/16/2020

Michael Anderson Photography's reply:

Yes, your wedding album is going to be a bit on the thick side, but that's not such a bad thing! Thank you for sharing your experience with other couples and thank you for asking us to be your wedding photographers too! - M&J

Anna S. · Married on 10/10/2020

Exceptional in Every Way

We knew that our number one priority for wedding pictures was quality. And since we don't live in the Minneapolis area, we had to find someone who is reputable. Michael met or exceeded all of our expectations from his communication to accommodating our needs to his kind and warm personality to the breathtaking photographs he took and produced. Michael will take a huge stressor off your plate.

Sent on 11/15/2020

Michael Anderson Photography's reply:

Thank you, Anna, for the glowing review! I totally enjoyed being your wedding photographer and I look forward to creating your beautiful wedding album for you as well. Thank you so much and have a great Holiday Season! - Michael
  • Dannah

Dannah H. · Married on 10/10/2020

Amazing, Talented Photography Team!

Book now!! After researching, my husband and I chose Michael Anderson Photography to capture our wedding day and I'm so happy we did! Mike and Joannie were so kind from the moment we started communicating via email. Mike always responded right away. It was important to us that we did not do a "first look". Mike and Joannie worked with us and reassured us that it would not be a problem for timing. From the moment they arrived, they made us, along with our family and friends, feel so comfortable. They did a great job with the kids and getting them to smile. I loved that while Mike was shooting straight, Joannie was off to the side taking candid photos. We were lucky enough to get a light painting done in front of the custom bar my dad built. WOW, were we blown away at how great it turned out! A few weeks after the wedding, we received a highlight video that included a small clip of my dad and I walking down the aisle. We chose not to have a videographer and receiving the highlight video is something we will treasure forever! Mike and Joannie are so very talented and went above and beyond. I cannot recommend them enough!

Jordan H. · Married on 10/03/2020

Amazing Photographers!

Mike & Joannie were awesome to work with for our backyard wedding! They were professional, patient, and made the entire day extra fun even though it was pretty chaotic. The light painting was amazing as well. Highly recommended!

Sent on 12/05/2020

Nicole H. · Married on 09/19/2020

Best of the Best

Michael and Joannie are the ultimate photo team! One captures posed photos while the other captures action shots! Not only did they focus on the bride, groom and wedding party, they also made sure to capture guests, surroundings and special moments. They captured and froze in time memories that I didn’t even remember happening! I will forever cherish these amazing photos for years to come!

Sent on 10/09/2020

Michael Anderson Photography's reply:

Thank you, Nicole, for the wonderful review! You two, your unique venue, and everything about your wedding was fabulous! Thank you for having us be a part of it! - M&J
  • Matt

Matt H. · Married on 09/19/2020

Absolutely amazing photos

Michael and Joannie took the most amazing photos. We set out expectations high and they went above and beyond them. Couldn't have asked for a better day for our wedding and they were a huge part in making it perfect!

Sent on 10/11/2020

Michael Anderson Photography's reply:

We're so happy to hear that we exceeded your expectations. That's our goal at every wedding we've ever photographed! Thank you for making us a part of your fantastic wedding! - M&J
  • Jerome/connie

Jerome/Connie N. · Married on 09/18/2020

Bride and groom

The photos were all so beautiful, it was hard to select only a handful for the album. Everyone had so much fun. Michael was on time, flexible and professional.

Sent on 10/03/2020

Michael Anderson Photography's reply:

Thank you! I had a such great time with you guys! Your wedding album is going to be pretty cool! - Michael
  • April

April · Married on 08/01/2020

Incredibly gifted photographer

I would highly recommend Michael for your wedding photography. I knew I wanted Michael to be my wedding photographer since I was a little girl. This is not because he is family, but because everything he does is flawless and beautiful! Mike is an incredibly gifted photographer and knows exactly how to capture the perfect moments that let you re-live that perfect day forever. Michael and Joannie are amazing to work with. They are professional yet lighthearted and fun! They both have great attention to every detail! They make you feel at ease and are great at guiding you and your crew into position for each shot! From our engagement photos straight through to our reception, I knew Mike would exceed expectations! I am in love with how well our light paintings turned out! We cannot thank them enough for all the heart and soul they put into making our day one that will be cherished for a lifetime!

Sent on 08/21/2020

Michael Anderson Photography's reply:

Thank you, April, for the sweet review! Joannie & I are so happy for you both and we're very excited to welcome Darrick "officially" into the family. Your wedding day was fabulous and we're so happy that we could capture it all for you. We love you guys! - M&J
  • Sue

Sue F. · Married on 03/10/2020

Incredibly Talented

What an incredible and talented team Mike and Joannie are! They are so kind and made the family and bridal party feel so comfortable. The attention to detail and quality of their work is amazing! I highly recommend using Michael Anderson Photography!

• Samantha

Samantha J. · Married on 03/10/2020

Fun and Talented Team!

I hosted my sister and brother-in-law's wedding this fall and they hired Michael Anderson Photography to capture their special day. From the moment they arrived, they were professional and made the families and bridal party comfortable. They did a great job with the kids and did goofy things to make them smile! The gallery and light painting really showed how talented they are. I highly recommend using Michael Anderson Photography!

Traci M. · Married on 02/09/2020

Easy and Effortless

Michael and Joannie were wonderful to work with! Micheal worked with us to get exactly what we were looking for. I am not one to have my picture taken but Micheal and Joannie made it easy and a lot of fun.

Sent on 10/19/2019
  • Dan

Dan M. · Married on 02/09/2020

Could not have been better!

other than the planned pictures, we hardly knew they were there. Great pictures and were so great to work with. They worked hard to get all the right pictures, and they turned out better than expected.

Sent on 10/29/2019

Michael Anderson Photography's reply:

Thank you, Dan, for the nice review. Your river cruise wedding was such a beautiful one for us to capture! I'm really looking forward to creating a stunning wedding album for you! - M&J
  • Sally

Sally O. · Married on 10/12/2019

Sally Olson

We had the honor of using Mike and Joannie to photograph our daughters wedding. The pictures are spectacular. The variety, staging, and fun of a wonderful wedding. Thanks for saving our memories. We can’t wait to see the light picture.

Sent on 11/03/2019

Michael Anderson Photography's reply:

Thank you, Sally, for the sweet review. Wes & Lindsey's wedding day was unique, fun, and truly stunning! We are so thrilled for your families! - M&J
  • Anne

Anne · Married on 09/21/2019

Fun, professional, and EXCELLENT pictures & videos!

Michael and Joannie were absolutely wonderful to work with on our wedding day! When I was looking for a photographer, I wanted someone who had been to our venue before (the St. James Hotel in Red Wing), who had a middle price range, good experience, and who had something unique. Michael & Joannie had all this, and a TON more. Their personalities, the way they interacted with us and the wedding party, and the amazing quality (and quantity!) of the pictures and videos at the end made them the best choice we could have made. I am so happy with our experience and I highly recommend them to others!

Sent on 11/02/2019

Michael Anderson Photography's reply:

Well, Anne, we certainly loved being there for you guys too! You two, your families, and the wedding party were a blast! Not to mention, the St. James Hotel and surrounding areas are way cool! Thank you for the wonderful review and the honor of being your wedding photographers! - M&J
  • Julie

Julie S. · Married on 08/17/2019

Excellent Experience

Michael was the first photographer we met with to capture our engagement and Wedding photos. We felt so comfortable and confident in his abilities, that we canceled our next interviews and knew we had found the best choice! We are incredibly pleased with the photos and would highly recommend him!

Sent on 09/15/2019

Michael Anderson Photography's reply:

Thank you, Julie, for the nice review! We're so happy to hear that you loved working with us as much as we loved being with you on your wedding day! Your wedding and engagement photos are indeed awesome! - M&J
  • Mike

Mike B. · Married on 08/17/2019

Awesome Team!

Michael and Joannie were wonderful to work with. They knew exactly what shots would be important to us. They were able to get the photos we wanted while blending into the background nicely. We would highly recommend Michael and Joannie!

Sent on 09/15/2019

Michael Anderson Photography's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with other couples! And thank you for asking us to be a part of your wedding day. We really enjoyed being with you both as you start your life together! - M&J
  • Mark

Mark V. · Married on 07/20/2019

High-quality photographer with extensive experience

My wife and I used Mike and Joannie for our engagement session and wedding. After reading the reviews and having an initial meeting at their home, we knew they were the best choice. They even changed timing of their annual vacation to accommodate our wedding date! Mike was very pleasant / easy to work with and his extensive wedding experience was consistently on display via his thorough planning, timeline and photo suggestions, and most importantly, great final product. Joannie was super helpful on the wedding day as well and captured great candid shots. We received numerous compliments on the photos / video shared by Mike through his blog. We can't wait to compile our wedding album soon and see the much-anticipated light painting. We would highly recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 09/01/2019

Michael Anderson Photography's reply:

Thank you, Mark, for the great review! We have loved getting to know you guys and your wedding day was a blast! It's going to be one heck of a wedding album! I'm excited to start working on that with you very soon. - M&J
  • Sarah

Sarah D. · Married on 06/08/2019

Fantastic and Reliable

Michale and Joannie deeply cared about providing us high quality pictures at our Wedding and wanted to ensure we were happy with all the photos. They had great ideas and suggestions and also listened to what we wanted. I would hire them again in a heartbeat. They are easy to work with and helped make my big day less stressful as I did not have to worry that the photos not being high quality and backed up.

Sent on 05/15/2019

Michael Anderson Photography's reply:

You guys were so much fun, both on the North Shore for your engagement photos, and on your wedding day too! Thank you for the nice review! - M&J

Cassie · Married on 06/08/2019

Amazing photographers and so fun to work with!

Michael and Joannie were amazing to work with. They have so much experience which put us at ease as wedding photos are something you have forever! We had both our engagement and wedding photos done by them, we received about 500 photos from our wedding which were all amazing! We didn’t have a wedding planner and Michael and Joannie acted as our planner keeping us on track throughout our big day! THANK YOU SO MUCH Michael and Joannie!

Sent on 06/17/2019

Michael Anderson Photography's reply:

Thank you for your review! You guys were so easy going and fun to work with all along the way. From your engagement portraits up on Lake Superior to your beautiful wedding day, you two were wonderful! - M&J

Casey · Married on 06/08/2019

Highly Recommend!

Michael Anderson was very responsive and pleasant to deal with, attentive to detail and knowledgeable about what works/doesn't work when shooting to achieve gorgeous pictures of my wife and I. Would highly recommend him and Joannie for anyone's wedding/engagement photography needs! Thank you, Michael Anderson! We love our pictures!

Sent on 06/20/2019

Michael Anderson Photography's reply:

You're welcome! Joannie and I loved creating your engagement and wedding photos with you! You and Cassie are such a cute couple. Thank you for the review! - M&J

James W. · Married on 05/25/2019

Would absolutely recommend

Michael Anderson Photography did such a wonderful job with our wedding photos. We are so happy to have them be a part of our special day. We couldn’t have hoped for anything better. We quickly received our many, high quality photos after the wedding and had so much fun reliving that day. I would highly recommend Micheal and Joannie!

Sent on 11/16/2020

Michael Anderson Photography's reply:

Thank you, James, for the nice review! It was an honor capturing your wedding day for you guys! We really enjoyed every aspect of your wedding day. It couldn't have been any better! - M&J
  • Mike

Mike S. · Married on 04/27/2019

Look no further

Stop wasting your time looking for a wedding photographer, because YOU FOUND THE RIGHT ONE! Michael and Joannie Anderson are the utmost PROFESSIONAL, FLEXIBLE, FRIENDLY, CONFIDENT photographers I've ever encountered. Their talent overflows into every single aspect of what they do. We had stunning engagement photos, followed by even MORE stunning wedding photos and videos approximately 8 months later. Everything was done in such a timely manner. Mike puts in an ENORMOUS amount of hours and EFFORT into making each event perfect, yet different from others. Mike and Joannie have GIANT hearts, and are always looking to improve the lives of others. We cannot be more grateful for the EXCELLENT service we received from them. We will definitely be using them again for photographs! Plus, he has a "client for life" program that allows us to get great discounts on any future photo sessions with him and our family. THANK YOU!

Sent on 06/05/2019

Michael Anderson Photography's reply:

Thank you, Mike, for the wonderful review! We're so happy that you love your wedding photographs (and us). We do put our hearts and souls into each wedding we photograph, it's the way we've always done it for over thirty years. Thank you so much for being such a great couple! - M&J