61 Reviews for Michael Anderson Photography

One Event/Day (1)
Toning (1)
Digital Files (1)
60 Michael Anderson Photography Reviews

Michael and Joannie were everything we wanted in wedding photographers and more! They were such a great addition to our day from their upbeat and bubbly personalities, to the way they expertly organized our day-of schedule with us and kept us to our timeline. If you hire Michael and Joannie as your wedding photographers, you won't have to worry one bit about things running smoothly on the wedding day.

When we initially met Michael and Joannie we were sold by their experience, portfolio and knowledge about what pictures we would want and how to best capture them. We truly wanted photographers that would take charge and tell us what would look best, and they are masterful at doing that. Now, our final pictures have been amazing! We love so many of them, and loved having two shooters to capture the formal pictures as well as so many candid shots of moments we may have otherwise missed. Somehow in the chaos of traveling to three different locations, the large bridal party and families, and challenging kiddos, they took some of the most beautiful wedding photos I have ever seen. I recommend hiring these two for your wedding day as well!

Profile Picture Jennie, 6/23/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Despite our rainy wedding day - Michael & Joannie did everything they could to capture some truly amazing photos of our big day! I'd be lying if I said I wasn't incredibly bummed that the weather just didn't cooperate, but the Anderson's kept my spirits up by finding every opportunity to sneak in some pictures outside when the skies cleared briefly.

From start to finish, they were professional, flexible, helpful and accommodating. They kept the day moving along - and were there to help pin on flowers, get everyone organized, etc. I truly appreciated their efforts in keeping everyone on track! I can't thank you enough for photographing our wedding! Highly recommended!!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 6/1/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Michael and Joanie Anderson are the best wedding photographers out there! They are so outgoing, friendly, funny and professional. They captured everything perfectly!

Profile Picture Lisa, 4/27/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Michael is wonderful to work with. He is funny and works great with kids. The proofs from the wedding took our breath away. He went out his way to include family members and treated our daughter, the bride as if she were his own child.

Profile Picture Kathleen, 2/16/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

AMAZING! AMAZING!!! AMAZING!!!! There aren’t even words to describe how happy I am to have found Michael and Joannie to be our wedding photographers!!! I had Michael Anderson Photography as one of my Facebook friends and already knew I loved the pictures they produced. I was a Personal Attendant in a girlfriends wedding and saw how amazing they were to work with and just knew that I had to have them for our wedding! As soon as we had a date I set up an appointment to meet with Michael, he responded fast and setup a meeting. We booked on the spot and it was the easiest and best decision I made the whole wedding! Our engagement session went flawless (even with including our two kids). I didn’t have a place in mind but Michael did and the pictures are beautiful! In the process all emails were answers quickly and my questions were always answered! The day of our wedding, I receive a text that they were on the way and the rest of the day went as perfect as it possibly could! They took pictures that brought tears to my eyes. The day goes by so fast that you forget some of it and Michael and Joannie caught so many memories that we will be able to enjoy forever!! Not to mention the beautiful light painting that they did!!! I received out pictures back in record time, I was just blown away! I would recommend Michael Anderson Photography over and over and over until I am blue in the face! Thank you so much for being part of our day! We are customers for life!!!!

Profile Picture Amanda, 10/21/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Our wedding photographers, Michael and Joannie were amazing. They are really great to work with as they helped to make us all feel comfortable and were flexible with our stress and changing plans! On top of all of that, the photos are fantastic! You can really tell that they know what they are doing, as they bring all of the lights needed to make sure you are captured in the best light, and they work with their surroundings to get a great picture every time. Michael is also clearly always pushing his talents, as he takes the time to learn and master new techniques. We were able to be part of a ‘light painting’, where he takes a series of a dozen or so shots at night, using his lights to capture exactly the background he wants to focus on, one with us, and then puts them all together to make a beautiful night picture. The outcome is beyond beautiful, and I love that were able to get such a unique picture!

Profile Picture Sarah, 10/14/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I would highly recommend Michael and Joannie. They did an amazing job capturing our wedding and went above and beyond all of my expectations. They were a hit with my friends and family as well and I got a lot of positive comments on how great they did. My engagement photos turned out perfect and I cannot wait to see my wedding photos!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 9/30/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Mike and Joannie were fun, flexible and professional. They can handle rain, sun and snow as my photos can attest and my nieces and family loved them too as they have a great vibe. I’d recommend them to anyone, especially those who don’t want to have anything to worry about.

Profile Picture Kevin, 9/30/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Hiring Michael and Joannie was one of, if not the, best decision my wife and I made when planning our big day. They were the first photographers we met with, and we knew after our meeting that we need look no further. They were clearly true professionals, made us feel extremely comfortable and laid out a vision that was exactly what we were hoping for. When we left that first meeting we felt very excited and lucky that we were able to book them. For the engagement shoot, my wife and I only had a vague idea of what we were looking for. We gave him a location and a couple of signs we wanted to incorporate, and the rest we entrusted to him. When we saw the results, we were blown away. For our ceremony, we had both Michael and Joannie on hand. On an otherwise very stressful day, the photo sessions were a breath of fresh air. They created a schedule that allowed us plenty of time to get to our other responsibilities and found locations that were absolutely stunning. When we saw some of the finished product, we were nothing short of amazed. We could not be more grateful to Michael and Joannie for the work they did for us. That day was the biggest of our lives, and thanks to them we will be able to relive it every time we look at the incredible photos they took. If you are looking for true professionals who will make it their mission to give you incredible memories to look back on, they are the ones to call. You will not be disappointed.

Profile Picture Brycen, 9/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Michael Anderson and his wife Joannie were the dream team to work with! I found them through the knot.com and weddingwire.com when I started my initial search, and surprisingly they were one of the first ones I stumbled upon and said YES to right away! I knew it was meant to be! I was looking for someone who lived down in the Twin Cities that we could meet with and take engagement photos, but still had the most knowledge and experience of the MN North Shore where we were going to get married. They did not disappoint!! Michael & Joannie were extremely knowledgeable about locations in both the Twin Cities and the North Shore which made me feel 100% confident that our pictures would turn out amazing. After our first meeting with Michael, he made us feel confident and excited for the next two sessions we would have (engagement & wedding day). We also met Joannie the night Brycen & I met Michael at our first meeting, which made our decision that much easier to have Joannie included in our wedding package and be there to help photograph our big event- she was so kind, warm, and both of them felt like our family members while getting ready- I did not even hesitate about anything! Our engagement shoot was a fun, relaxed, and an exciting experience! Afterwards, Brycen and I both looked forward to our big day the following Autumn. After seeing our wedding photos, we both could not be more blown away! Michael and Joannie were so much fun to have a part of our wedding! They made us feel so comfortable and were so fun to hang out with all day! Everyone in our wedding party were thrilled to have them take photos us of and show us some great location spots! it honestly meant the world to us! There were so many last minute things going on since it was an out of town wedding, but you were the ones who helped us enjoy every moment!

Profile Picture Aleksandra, 9/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Michael Anderson and his wife Joannie were the dream team to work with! I found them through the knot.com and weddingwire.com when I started my initial search, and surprisingly they were one of the first ones I stumbled upon and said YES to right away! I knew it was meant to be! I was looking for someone who lived down in the Twin Cities that we could meet with and take engagement photos, but still had the most knowledge and experience of the MN North Shore where we were going to get married. They did not disappoint!! Michael & Joannie were extremely knowledgeable about locations in both the Twin Cities and the North Shore which made me feel 100% confident that our pictures would turn out amazing. After our first meeting with Michael, he made us feel confident and excited for the next two sessions we would have (engagement & wedding day). We also met Joannie the night Brycen & I met Michael at our first meeting, which made our decision that much easier to have Joannie included in our wedding package and be there to help photograph our big event- she was so kind, warm, and both of them felt like our family members while getting ready- I did not even hesitate about anything! Our engagement shoot was a fun, relaxed, and an exciting experience! Afterwards, Brycen and I both looked forward to our big day the following Autumn. After seeing our wedding photos, we both could not be more blown away! Michael and Joannie were so much fun to have a part of our wedding! They made us feel so comfortable and were so fun to hang out with all day! Everyone in our wedding party were thrilled to have them take photos us of and show us some great location spots. I could have not envisioned our most special day without you both there to celebrate & capture our big day- especially the way they did! YOU TWO ARE THE BEST!!! THANK YOU!!!

Profile Picture Aleksandra, 9/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Michael and Joannie were the best photographers to help us celebrate our special day. I was impressed with how professional and charismatic the two of them were when working with our group. I have a few shy friends that were in our Wedding Party and both Michael and Joannie personally connected with every person to make them feel comfortable. With that, they were able to get the best photos!! Joannie has a keen eye for capturing candid moments, while Michael is a visionary and able to see a beautiful staged shot. I am in love with our photos and so proud that we chose them. I would recommend them to anyone looking for excellent photos to capture these important moments.

Profile Picture Chris, 9/9/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Michael and Joannie made our wedding at Orchestra Hall such a special day! We are thrilled with how the pictures turned out and will enjoy them for years to come. We absolutely plan to use Michael and Joannie for professional pictures in the future and cannot recommend them enough. Thank you both for everything!

Profile Picture Chris, 9/9/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Michael and Joannie took amazing photographs - we loved the way they positioned us and our families in the photographs. We love artistry of the stylized photos they made for us! Every aspect of working with them was fantastic - they are very prompt, flexible, and responsive. They helped us figure out everything we needed during the wedding planning process and are clearly very experienced in where people may have issues in the wedding planning. They gave us good recommendations for timing of photographs in relation to wedding & reception times.
The photographs were completed and sent to us very promptly - about a week after the wedding. It was so wonderful to get the shots so quickly. We will definitely recommend them to anyone, and plan to continue using their services for other photography needs we may have.

Profile Picture Gretchen, 7/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Words can not describe how HAPPY I am with the AMAZING Michael Anderson Photography! For all of the brides out there I will try... because he is 100% who you want!!! Just look at his STUNNING portfolio!

The attention to detail is beyond INCREDIBLE! As the bride, it was such a relief not to stress over any of it. Mike knows what he's doing and the pictures show it! My husband looks phenomenal (as usual) and these are the first photos that I actually like of myself. We will be using Mike again for sure. Apparently he does it all, but I can confirm that wedding photos with Mike will be the best decision anyone can make.

This is your day! Make the memories GORGEOUS!!!

Profile Picture Alayna, 5/12/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

My wife and I had the honor of working with Michael and Joannie for both our engagement and wedding
and would highly recommend them to anyone looking for amazing photographers! The incredible quality and body of their work is what drew us to Michael Anderson Photography in the first place, but our incredible experience with this couple will make us clients and friends for life! They are fun and innovative professionals who really do a fantastic job of making you feel relaxed even in the most stressful of moments. They go well beyond the customary role of a photographer to ensure your event is memorable and hassle-free. They are always open to any requests, no matter how crazy or impossible they may seem, and did an amazing job bringing our vision to life and giving us beautiful pieces of art we will cherish for the rest of our lives! We thoroughly enjoyed working with Michael and Joannie Anderson and would strongly encourage anyone looking for a photographer of any kind, to visit their website or meet with them in person, you will soon see and appreciate how special they are and how special they will make you feel!

Profile Picture Andrew, 2/11/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

My husband and I booked with Michael Anderson Photography and we were not disappointed! They made our experience so special and amazing! They took the time to get to know us and our wishes for our big day and then went above and beyond what we could ever imagine! Michael and Joannie even showed up early to start photographing our big day to surprise us! Our pictures said it all, we all know as brides we get so overwhelmed in the moment and everything going on that there are small things about the day that we forget about, Michael and Joannie captured it all, we get to relive our best day over and over again, I still tear up looking at the pictures. If you want a photographer that helps you to relive on of the best moments of your life than I highly recommend them, they will not disappoint. My husband and I are so so pleased with the results and we will have these for the rest of our lives. Thank you Michael and Joannie for the amazing experience.

Profile Picture Katherine, 2/11/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

While planning our wedding our photographer was the most important thing I wanted! We are so incredibly happy we had Michael and Joannie Anderson as our wedding photographers!! Michael shot our engagement photos which turned out amazing! Our wedding day photos are that are more than I ever dreamed could be captured! They exceeded our expectations! I was worried there were photos we missed or didn't take but they captured that and more without me even knowing! They are great to work with and know how to take charge to get the shots they need! We can't thank them enough for all their help the day of the wedding and for taking

such beautiful photos! We can't wait to work with you in the future :)

Mr. & Mrs. Scott ??

Profile Picture Crystal, 9/9/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Michael and Joannie are two very special wedding photographers who have our highest recommendation. Since they have been working together for years, they are able to work seamlessly together to capture every moment from your day. Michael takes the time to learn about your wishes, research your venue, and capture beautiful photos. Not only are they phenomenal photographers, they are even more special people! Michael and Joannie made everyone feel so comfortable which is very important since they spend the day with you! We will be using Michael Anderson Photography for all of our future photography needs!

Profile Picture Katelyn, 9/3/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I am so happy to have had Michael and Joannie as our wedding photographers! I would recommend Michael and Joannie to anyone and everyone. They are professional, caring, and so much fun! Michael and Joannie were recommended to us by a friend. We had the opportunity to meet them prior to our wedding day for an engagement photo shoot and our friends wedding. Leading up to our wedding we were so happy we decided to have Michael and Joannie photograph our wedding. We loved our engagement photos and got several compliments! We were certain the wedding photos would be just as wonderful...and they were! Michael and Joannie go out of their way to get to know you and what your vision or ideas are. One of my best friends told me that our wedding photos were the best she had ever seen! Michael and Joannie are experienced in a magnitude of cameras, lenses, lights etc, but also in working with people. They truly create the best, unique, and most special photographs and help to make your day feel special!!

Profile Picture Kaitlin, 8/20/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

It was a wonderful experience working with Michael and Joannie for our wedding. From the beginning, they were flexible with working with a couple who lived out of state (Boston) and ensuring they understood the type of photos we were looking for. The day of the wedding, they were there early; capturing the moments of getting ready to our first look. My favorite thing about working with Michael and Joannie is their ability to capture the candid moments that a bride and groom don't think about capturing. We are so grateful for all the memories they captured on our special day.

Profile Picture Janna, 8/13/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

I happen to do some photoraphy myself and knew from the git-go that Michael and his wife were the right choice. He/they worked so hard for the long hours of the day, I was so impressed and knew the shots would be spot on. He was in full control and still was able to remain flexible with a couple of the family shots we wanted to get. He captured every moment beautifully, I can't say enough.

If Michael is on your short list look no farther.....

Profile Picture Bill, 8/6/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We loved working with Michael and Joannie for both our engagement and wedding pictures! I can truly say this team does amazing work! Michael and Joannie are incredibly professional and work hard to make sure they get perfect pictures to capture the day. I highly recommend this team to anyone looking for a photographer!

Profile Picture Ashley, 7/9/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

WOW!! Michael and Joannie are both simply amazing- they made our wedding day so memorable and we couldn't have asked for better photographers to capture our day. Michael has been very attentive since day 1 and for that we are so appreciative. Michael and Joannie are energetic, preofessional and caring (they have been doing this since the year I was born after all...1986) ;-). Our wedding day was a steamy 90 degree day so being outside for bridal party pictures got to be pretty hot- they made sure we were all well hydrated and made sure we all felt ok before moving on. They made us feel comfortable and had great ideas- they made sure they took all the pictures we wanted and even grabbed us for a beautiful sunset picture at the end! Our families and extended families even gave several compliments on them! We highly recommend Michael and Joannie and hope to work with them again in the future... Baby pics? :-)

Profile Picture Lindsay, 6/25/16, 1 Review