MIC King Music and Events LLC Reviews

152 | Kansas City, MO

152 Reviews for MIC King Music and Events LLC

erin · Married on 06/18/2016

Mike and Darthy were super nice and easy to work with from the moment I hired them. I was running super down to the wire in terms of deciding my song requests for the reception and ceremony in time, but they were very, very patient with me. On the day of, Mike went above and beyond anything I could have expected from a DJ service. He and Danny helped make sure the timeline to moved along smoothly and always made sure my husband and I were having a good time. He also recommended some actually fun reception games! MIC King Music 10/10 deserves all their positive reviews. :)

Sent on 06/26/2016

MIC King Music and Events LLC's reply:

Thank you Erin!!! It was an honor to be your DJ.

Madison · Married on 04/30/2016

My husband and I really can't express our gratitude enough to MIC King Music. They were extremely responsive and catered to every request we made from day one of planning until the end of the event. We live in STL and did not have a chance to meet them before booking, but did so off of a referral anyways. Without hesitation I would recommend them for any event.

Mike had all ages dancing, kept the dance floor alive, and made sure that my husband, myself, and the bridal party were taken care of at all times; our drinks never went dry, we were offered seconds after dinner, all the while the music never skipped a beat.

Also, the pricing was completely reasonable. But you will want to leave a good tip after you see what you get for the money.

Sent on 05/24/2016

Jessica · Married on 04/16/2016

Mic King was AMAZING!!! We got so many amazing compliments on having him as our dj. He was so helpful, attentive and great at reading the crowd. Literally made our wedding feel exactly how we wanted. Highly recommend them for your wedding!!!

Sent on 04/25/2016

MIC King Music and Events LLC's reply:

Thank you Jessica. It was my honor to be apart of your day. I wish you and Drew all the best.

jobeth · Married on 04/02/2016

Mike and Darthy showed up on time, were set up and ready to go with our Trivia Night. We had a great time. They kept it exceptionally interesting and fun throughout the whole night. I would refer them to any of my friends looking for something different to do at a party, social event, networking venue, etc. Good times had by all.

Sent on 04/06/2016

Company was very professional, and played every song I would want on my play list! Made my party even more unique :-)

Sent on 02/08/2016

Hannah · Married on 01/16/2016

I didn't really know what I wanted when I first talked to our DJ Jason. I was open to just about anything. I knew I had to pick a song for our first dance, a song for mother/son and father/daughter dances, as well as an entrance song. After that I said it was fair game. Jason did a great job of catering to the audience who ranged in ages of 4 months to 80 years old. We didn't plan out every step of the day and it went on without any problems with the help of Mic King's Owner and Wife as well as Jason. They didn't just play music they helped keep the pace of the night. Even when we didn't know quite how to leave they set up a circle of everyone who made it to the end of the night and ended with a big family hug. Great Night! Thanks for being a part of it!

Sent on 01/29/2016

Lesleighan · Married on 01/01/2016

Amazing service! They were truly great to work with and went above and beyond of what they had to do! They made our day so special and complete! We had so many comments on how great they were, playing all varieties of music so everyone could have a good time. We couldn't of have any better service than what they provided!

Sent on 01/09/2016

MIC King Music and Events LLC's reply:

Your reception was so much fun and so beautiful! Thank you for allowing MIC King Music to entertain you and your guests.

Elise · Married on 12/31/2015

Mike made the whole experience so simple. He was so organized and the wedding wouldn't have been such a success without his help!

Sent on 01/18/2016

Amazing at directing the guests and vendors with the schedule of the evening.
    Lead myself and the groom throughout the evening with order of events.
    Brought cookies and cake to the bride/groom and parents of the bride/groom
    Everything was online which was great!
    Brought drinks to the wedding party before entering and getting introduced into venue

Sent on 01/02/2016

Katye · Married on 12/10/2015

Organized
    On time
    Kept the party moving
    Interacted with guests
    Waited on us!! :)
    Great Job, Mike! You impressed the CEO, myself and all of our guests! Hiring you again for future events! :)

Sent on 12/11/2015

MIC King Music and Events LLC's reply:

Thank you!!! Merry Christmas.

Better then I could have ever hoped for! Most amazing experience! Mike also helped with several other things throughout the night from helping us with our food to making sure our glasses were never empty. He had a blast with the guests and kept the reception running so smoothly. We did a glow stick sendoff and he even organized the line and passed out the glow sticks. I couldn't have asked for a better DJ. Thank You!!

Sent on 11/30/2015

MIC King Music and Events LLC's reply:

Thank you so much, I was honored to be apart of your day.

Ashley · Married on 10/24/2015

They were amazing, accommodating and overall just fantastic! Made our day the best it could be!

Sent on 12/10/2015

Ashley,
    Thank you so much! We truly enjoyed working with you and being your entertainment.

Sincerely,
    DJ Mike and DJ Jason

Jessica · Married on 10/17/2015

Mike was great! He went above and beyond his job!! Everyone kept saying what a great DJ he was and he was so helpful getting drinks and clearing plates for the wedding party!!!! The dance floor was packed all night!!!!

Sent on 12/02/2015

Jessica · Married on 09/25/2015

Mike was absolutely amazing!!! I honestly cannot put into words how attentive, understanding, and great he was to work with! He helped mix all of my music for the ceremony and was right there for all of it. He was even waiting for my husband and I after some of our group pictures with an ice cold Boulevard! Talk about attentive!! He then helped me surprise my husband with Big Jay the KU mascot and kept me updated on how much longer for pictures and distracting Scott while Big Jay got inside and dressed. He played the best music all night and was super interactive with my husband and I and all of our guests. He interacted with all of our guests, played any song Scott and I requested, and made sure we were all dancing and having the time of our lives. Our wedding would not have been the same without Mike's help!! Thank you so much Mike for helping us make our wedding day so perfect. We have gotten nothing but compliments from all of our guests about you! You are the best! Our day wouldn't have been as amazing without you there to help us.
    All couples...you would be crazy not to choose Mike as your DJ for your wedding. OR any event for that matter. Mike is the BEST!

Sent on 10/07/2015

MIC King Music and Events LLC's reply:

Thank you Jessica and Scott for the kind words and allowing us to be apart of your day.

Branson · Married on 09/19/2015

Mike made sure everything went smooth on our wedding night and we were so happy with our decision to choose MIC King Music. I would recommend Mike to anyone looking for a DJ for any occasion.

Sent on 10/02/2015

Amanda · Married on 09/12/2015

This company is absolutely amazing. They were very accommodating to outside wedding and helped with much more than just the music. He catered to my husband and myself which made our day extra special. They worked us before on all of our needs and provided exactly what we wanted for the wedding. They went above and beyond all our expectations. I would recommend them to everyone and we will use them again in the future. Thank you so much for helping make our day special!

Sent on 09/14/2015

MIC King Music and Events LLC's reply:

Thank you Amanda. We wish you and Brandon all the best.

Rachel · Married on 08/08/2015

Mike was awesome! Nice guy and very helpful with everything. On our big day, he also stepped in as coordinator. Helped decide what decorations needed to go where and talked with other vendors about timing. He even brought us drinks during pictures and fixed my plate of food during dinner! If I ever need a DJ again, I will definitely use Mike.

Sent on 08/11/2015

Alexandra · Married on 08/07/2015

Not only do I feel so grateful for having Mike as my Dj for my wedding but I had many guests that told me he was the best dj they have encountered. Thank you so much for making my wedding day amazing!

Sent on 08/10/2015

Scott · Married on 08/01/2015

Mike was the DJ for our ceremony and reception. He was very professional and truly went above and beyond to ensure our guests were having a good time. I would hire Mike again in the future.

Sent on 08/05/2015

Service was great! Very personable. Helped make everything run smoothly. Great music.

Sent on 07/19/2015

Erin · Married on 06/27/2015

Mike & Darthy were AWESOME at our wedding. In addition to saving the day with our ceremony music, they took care of us and our wedding party all night. Mike called to confirm all the details a few days ahead of time so that everything went smoothly and exactly how I wanted it. They kept our party rocking and people commented all night how awesome they were. They did things that weren't their job in order to make my reception perfect like cleaning up my signature plate people were signing along with our guest book when the pen exploded on it. We would recommend them to anyone & everyone and book them again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 06/30/2015

Emily · Married on 06/13/2015

We had Mike DJ for our wedding on 06/13/15 except he was much more than a DJ! Not only did he play phenomenal music all night long he went above and beyond to make sure everything went smoothly. He talked with all the vendors to make sure things were set up properly and on time, he helped coordinate the ceremony, got cocktail hour started and then brought us and our wedding party drinks while we were taking pictures. He helped us and our wedding party get dinner and got us our drinks for our toast. He gave us ques on when we were going to start the next event or dance. My family and I have been to many weddings and literally everyone said how fabulous and above and beyond my DJ went to make my day special. Thank you Mike for everything! Best DJ ever!!!

Sent on 06/29/2015

MIC King Music and Events LLC's reply:

Thank you Emily, we would like to wish you and Jon the very best.

Alisa · event on: 06/06/2015

Mike was very easy and professional to work with. He returned phone calls, was on time for appointments and made me feel safe and secure of his talent and abilities. He kept the party going and was interactive, energized and entertaining. My daughter loved that he wanted her ideas and thoughts for her party and our guests loved that he came to them to ask if there was anything they wanted musically to come to him. I would recommend Mike completely.

Sent on 06/15/2015

MIC King Music and Events LLC's reply:

Thank you Alisa and Jeff. I was honor to be apart of Maddy's Bat-Mitzvah.

Angie · event on: 05/16/2015

Darthy did an amazing job. Our event was outside and it rained. She was very flexible and the day still was fantastic, rain and all. She was very communicative ahead of time and also very prompt!

Sent on 05/22/2015

Linda · event on: 05/16/2015

Our DJ Darthy from MIC King Music and Events did an amazing job for us at Cancer Support Community's STEPS FOR HOPE Walk on May 16th. She helped create a fun community atmosphere with great music choices and getting the crowd involved in dancing. She did an amazing job as our emcee and was very flexible, professional, and fun to work with. She quickly moved the sound equipment from our outdoor stage to the pavilion when the weather turned stormy and kept the show going. I highly recommend her and MIC King Music and events!

Sent on 05/28/2015