MGM Limousine Reviews

4 Reviews for MGM Limousine

• Alex

Alex · Married on 08/29/2020

Great Experience

We had a great experience, limousine brand new nice Cadillac Escalade.

Sent on 09/15/2020
  • alyssa

Alyssa · Married on 04/05/2019

Super affordable and only one hiccup

My husband and I didn't even realize we hsould probably have a mode of transportation for all our out of town guests- especially because of the open bar- until like the week of the wedding. Cue MGM being super quick to reply, mot afforable by far, and mostly great to work with. My one caveat beign the bus was late to pick up our guests and we only found out because one of the guests called a bridesmaid to ask about it who then had to go ask my husband to call them and figure out what was going on. Turns out the bus had broken down and they had to send out a new bus (slightly smaller but still fit all our guests). Wish we'd had a head's up on that but otherwise great service and would still use again.

Sent on 04/11/2019
  • Karla

Karla · Married on 08/04/2012

Affordable transportation for a wedding party of 24. The bus driver was very calm and down to earth. Loved the services.

Sent on 08/30/2012

Brittany C. · Getting married on 07/16/2021

1.0

Do not hire! Worst limousine company!

I cannot give enough warnings to not hire this company. I went through a 3rd party service who contracted them on my behalf. Rented a 15 passenger van for 8 hours to shuttle multiple groups from the hotel to the wedding venue and back. What we got was Debbie... the most incompetent driver, who showed up 20 minutes late, took one shuttle of people from the hotel to our wedding venue, ran low on diesel, and disappeared. Never telling me, the BRIDE, that she was leaving and not returning while I was waiting for her to transport me and my bridesmaids to my wedding.

I waited for Debbie in the parking lot of the hotel in my wedding dress for for an hour calling her phone non stop. Eventually after I was already 45 minutes late for my wedding I got a text from her asking when the next shuttle was supposed to be. I texted her back saying "45 minutes ago!!" Really my wedding was supposed to start 45 minutes prior and she was an hour late to get me. This was the last I ever heard from Debbie. We had to have one of the bridesmaids boyfriends come pick us up and I rode to my wedding in the cab of a pickup truck with my bridesmaids in the bed of the truck. Not ideal or safe.

Our ceremony was only supposed to be 15-20 minutes so my guests were standing in 100+ heat with no drinks or shade for well over an hour. My father, when his only worry should be walking me down the aisle, was scrambling to get coolers to where the ceremony took place to get people drinks and ice to cool down as they stood there baking because Debbie was nowhere to be found.

I talked to my guests after the wedding and was told Debbie said she was running low on diesel and was going to call AAA to come help. My cousin, still in the van, reminded her that the bride was waiting and that she needed to get me to the wedding. My cousin also told her where the nearest gas stations were, but to do that after getting me. Debbie just kept saying she was going to call AAA and wait for them, it was easier than trying to go get diesel. The wedding was in a remote location and the driver should have filled up prior to coming, especially since diesel isn't as common and if you run out of diesel it's a long process before you can refill. Having a full tank should be the #1 priority for someone hired to shuttle people back and forth for 8 hours. Obviously very poor planning on her part.

The point of hiring a driver was so that our guests could relax and didn't have to drink and drive. Disappearing Debbie changed this, my guests had to stay sober to shuttle the other guests back to the hotel on dark winding mountain roads. Everything I was trying to avoid. I also had to pay for 2 extra hours for our photographer at $300 per hour because Debbie made me 1.5 hours late to my wedding eating into my photography time.

The worst part is, instead of reaching out to me knowing things went wrong I had to reach out multiple times and all I got was excuse after excuse with NO APOLOGY. They tracked Debbie's location to prove that she showed up and did a shuttle, then AAA came and she went to get gas and came back to the location at 6:30 but we were gone (we didn't leave the lake to go back to the hotel until 9.) They shouldn't have to give me a refund because she showed up, that is their logic. Even though I paid for 8 hours and she only did 1 fifteen minute shuttle ride showing up 20 minutes late. I sent texts, videos, and photographs as documentation yet here I am 1 week later still working on getting my refund, when I should be enjoying married life. I also think they should have to pay the $600 of overtime I had to pay the photographer. Next step is going to my bank and having an attorney reach out.

Whatever you do, do not hire them. I hate doing this to a business during COVID when everyone is hurting, but it has been an awful experience that casts a dark cloud over my otherwise perfect wedding day. It says everything about MGM Limousine that instead of apologizing, taking ownership, being sorry that this happened, and quickly refunding me for their mistake they are just giving excuses, lies, and not giving me my money back since they didn't preform the service I paid for.

Sent on 09/15/2020

MGM Limousine's reply:

Brittany:
    Thank you for your review and details of your experience with MGM, we are very sorry that you to had some events that marred your special day. It seems the circumstances of the transportation were exasperated by having to deal with travel logistics in the mountains, the mountain roads and the distances to necessary services, such as fuel stations from Kirkwood. Traveling the mountain roads can turn a 25 minute drive one way into 45 minutes each way, such is the case when Deborah had to do the round trip from Kirkwood to the gas station 27 miles one way on winding roads. It appears that your 3d party booking agent did not mention some of the pitfalls of mountain wedding logistics, perhaps an honest oversight, or was aware when wanting us to take the event after another company cancelled. Having been a former wedding planner in North Lake Tahoe I am aware of the challenges mountain wedding locations can present. This also includes the challenges presented with adequate cell phone coverage in the mountains.
    Deborah is a highly skilled driver that has been with MGM for some time and perhaps under the circumstances she made decisions she felt were appropriate to handle the transportation.
    In conclusion we are aware weddings are one of the most special events a bride experiences and we apologize for any inconvenience that you suffered and wish you many happy memories from your wedding.
    Cynthia Caler, MGM Travel Coordinator