Metta Events Reviews

22 | Newport, RI

22 Reviews for Metta Events

• Y

Yusef · Married on 05/05/2018

We engaged Christine and Metta Events to advise us with our backyard wedding. Christine provided top notch service and helped connect us with very reliable and professional vendors. Christine has a very sharp eye and we (and our guests) were very impressed with the design, blocking and guest flow tailored to our backyard venue. We really appreciated Metta’s counsel on the “tough” design decisions as well as their care and attention to detail (they are great listeners too). Without Metta we would not have had the same confidence in our vendors and design. We highly recommend Metta Events!

Lindsay · Married on 08/26/2017

Christine and Metta events went above and beyond in every way possible. She takes her cues from the client, but also offers an insightful and tasteful perspective. Every detail (both small and large) is thoughtfully curated. Her refreshingly calm, yet focused demeanor was steadily helpful from start to finish.

I would HIGHLY recommend Christine and Metta events to all of my friends and family.

TED · Married on 08/26/2017

Christine was absolutely amazing. She worked with our family, our vendors and Ocean Cliff to pull of an absolutely perfect wedding weekend. She anticipated every issue while, at times, surprising us with extra touches that we would not have even thought of.

Suzanne · Married on 08/26/2017

This was our first child's wedding and I had not thought I would need to bring in a wedding planner. However, bringing in Christine to help with our rehearsal dinner was absolutely the best decision I made in the entire planning process. She is so organized, professional, prompt, detail-oriented, flexible and a total pleasure to work with. We live quite far from Rhode Island and we made just one trip up for rehearsal dinner planning and we easily communicated long distance following that trip and got it all done. Wedding planning can be overwhelming and stressful and Christine has such a lovely, relaxed, calming personality that I never once felt stressed. She is such a good listener and was easily able to grasp my vision for the dinner and seamlessly plan an event that would appropriately compliment the lovely wedding the following night. She has strong relationships with reliable vendors in the area and had extensive experience with event planning at our venue. When questions/concerns arose with any vendor, she easily navigated through it. Christine is always concerned with making the event exactly what the client envisions and never once pushes her own vision. She has such impeccable taste, though, that I loved getting her guidance on a number of decisions. She is flawless at her job and makes it look easy. So glad we used her! Best decision ever.

Michael · Married on 08/05/2017

Christine was fantastic. She captured ever detail and helped guide us through the process of planning and executing our wedding. She had a full staff on the weekend of the weeding that catered to our every need. No matter what was thrown at her she handled it with grace, class, and professionalism. We truly loved working with her in ever aspect.

Dan · Married on 08/05/2017

Christine was knowledgeable, gave great advice on selecting the right vendors, went out of her way to make everything perfect, was calm amid the storm and was fun to work with. She is the "A" Team in every aspect.

Meredith · Married on 06/10/2017

Christine made everything about planning our wedding so enjoyable. My fiancee and I had a very specific vision for the day, and wanted a *super* personal/intimate wedding, and Christine gave us the space and support during the planning. She didn't bat an eyelid when we told her we wanted to use my mothers china, and that we didn't want monogramed napkins (and other tropes you see at weddings), and she helped plan a very different processional on our property. If you're looking for a planner or coordinator who will *listen* rather than *demand*, Christine is your woman. She is a visionary, and an executor. We hired her for a month-of, but I have no doubt should could plan a spectacular wedding from the ground up! I cannot recommend her enough.

rebecca · Married on 06/10/2017

Christine began working for us as soon as she signed the contract, even thought we technically only hired her for "month of" services. She had detailed records of all the people and companies we were contracting with and, because she knew most of them, was able to work well with the diverse network we employed. She solved problems before I even knew they existed, and through her careful planning and ability to think four or five steps ahead, managed to help us plan an event that had few surprises and ran very smoothly. Her suggestions were always spot on and constructive. When one of us (usually the bride) wanted her way, Christine moved on with a smile and made it all work out superbly! when the predictable glitches happened, they were addressed quickly and professionally and ended up being entirely insignificant events. All of us remember our daughter's wedding day as a beautiful, serene, almost Zen-like event. I credit Christine with helping us arrive to that day prepared, in good humor and fully able to enjoy every minute!

Dally · Married on 05/27/2017

My husband and I cannot thank Christine enough for coordinating our wonderful wedding. Her hard work and care ensured that our day was enjoyable and stress-free. She definitely handled everything in a professional manner and we could not be happier! We appreciate Christine's personal attention and every effort. Not only is she proficient, but an amazing person who is willing to go above and beyond to make sure you have the best day of your life. She made my husband and I feel as if our day was the most important day of her life. It was a blessing to have had her as our coordinator.

Kate · Married on 11/19/2016

Metta helped us to create a wonderfully spontaneous and beautifully set picnic for 30 people for an outdoor movie screening in Newport, RI. Their team is one of the best I have ever worked with; calm and incredibly competant.

What truly sets them apart is their ability to really listen to a creative vision and to help create something unique and genuine. This event was in coordination with our fashion company: which means the aesthetic is important and specific, down to the hue of hydrangea; Metta exceeded expectations in every way.

Alison · Married on 10/26/2016

For us, Christine was the difference between actually enjoying our wedding and being too stressed to have fun on the most important day of our lives. She was, of course, efficient and detail oriented and all the things a wedding planner should be. But most importantly she was able to listen to us and understand our specific vision. She pulled together a wedding that perfectly captured our personalities and provided an unforgettable experience for our guests. She put us in contact with the perfect caterer, the perfect florist, and she even helped me choose the perfect dress! Her knowledge and connections were impressive and we could not have created our wedding with them. We cannot thank her enough!

Lindsey · Married on 09/17/2016

Book, book, book! Christine and her team at Metta Events are incredible. We were lucky enough to secure her "month-of" coordination services, and it was by far the best money we spent on our wedding. Not only is Christine incredibly organized, attentive and thoughtful, she (along with everyone on her staff) is an absolutely lovely, positive, FUN person to spend time with. We can't sing their praises enough! Metta Events is the best.

Jenya · Married on 09/03/2016

Christine Bevilacqua, the owner of Metta Events is absolutely amazing. She is very knowledgeable, very efficient, extremely organized, has a great sense of humor, and is very sincere. We live in New York and planned our wedding in Newport, RI. Both I and my husband were extremely busy with work and at that time with our newborn baby boy (he’s 10 months old now) – so honestly we didn’t have time to plan our own wedding. I didn’t have to spend ANY time searching for florist, wedding cake shops, invitation design, etc, or thinking about the logistics, timelines and due dates. Christine did all of that and we just went along with recommendations. She kept track of every single smallest detail! I didn’t have to worry about anything - everything was taken care of. . Our wedding was a dream come true and I give a full credit to Christine for it. Don’t think twice – you will never regret you chose Metta Events!

Adrienne · Married on 07/01/2016

Christine Bevilacqua of Metta Events is a consummate professional and the best event planner I have ever worked with. She is a pleasure to work with - highly organized, always positive, very responsive, a great communicator, and very resourceful. She is so hard working yet does everything with a calm and positivity that makes important events appear to come together easily so you can enjoy your event without stress!

Catherine Bowen · Married on 07/01/2016

What can't she do?! Christine, the capable and dynamic owner of Metta Events, is the entire package...and then some. Talented, personable, level-headed, creative, flexible, hard-working, beautiful, professional, a do-er extraordinaire. I can go on and on. Christine doesn't stop until the job is done and done beautifully. I wholeheartedly and without an ounce of reservation recommend Christine and Metta Events. You'll be happy you contact her. Promise.

Lisa · Married on 07/01/2016

Metta Events is fantastic! We really felt like they listened and created an event that was exactly as we had envisioned.

Rosemary · Married on 07/01/2016

Chrissy lead the organization our annual Summer Soiree - our largest event attended by artists, patrons and our ever expanding community is critically important. Chrissy listened, managed, and made perfect recommendations throughout the planning and set up. During the party, her gracious attention for a seamless flow through the evening allowed us, the Board members, to attend to our guests with confidence. Her grace and calm - while rolling up her sleeves to attend to details large and subtle was the reason why our most successful Soiree ever took every guest's breath away. I not only recommend Metta Events, we at the Jamestown Arts Center are counting on Chrissy for next year's event!

Jeff · Married on 06/25/2016

Christine was fantastic in every way! She accommodated our unique needs and made sure we did not miss anything, She was very professional while always being warm and friendly. I highly recommend her for anyone planning an event large or small!

Anne · Married on 04/16/2016

I don't think you could go wrong.

ben · Married on 10/24/2015

I will admit I did not initially see the need for a wedding planner to host a wedding in my yard - however - I also was naive to the myriad of details that had to be coordinated to pull off such an event. Christine is professional, prompt, optimistic, ever-smiling, and thorough. She seamlessly melded two very different approaches to a wedding into an amazing experience. I highly recommend her services and definitely plan to use her again for the next wedding. Thank you Christine!

Karen · Married on 07/03/2015

Christine was essential to our most successful event! We literally couldn't have done it with out her. She is calm and collected when rain may happen and always has a good sense of humor to ease the crunch times. We have already secured Metta Events for our next event.

Brittany · Married on 08/27/2016

Christine was a life saver! She was able to understand our vision and turn it into a beautiful well curated day. We were planning a wedding in Rhode Island but live in New York so it was great to have somebody local to help. She provided great vendors, created a detailed plan, kept us on track and thought about things we would have never considered (before it became an issue that we didn’t consider!). Especially as the day neared I really relied on Christine and she didn’t let me down. She kept me calm and made sure everything was done and there was nothing to stress about. Christine is so detailed and thoughtful, she was always on top of the big stuff but also focused on the details that made the day perfect. I could not recommend Metta Events enough, I honestly wouldn't have been able to pull it off without them.