Metroparks Toledo Reviews

7 | Toledo, OH

7 Reviews for Metroparks Toledo

Holly · Married on 09/16/2017

They were amazing! The facilities were great! It is so beautiful there. We used the floating dock type thing at oak openings for the ceremony, and the lodge for the reception. Both were excellent. And the rangers were so helpful! We couldn’t have asked for it to be any better.

Sent on 10/07/2017

Adam · Married on 09/17/2016

Ceremony was supposed to be in the garden patio, but due to rain was moved to the living room of the Manor house(we rented that also as a backup). Very happy with the way or ceremony turned out. The reception was at the Ward pavilion. Again, very happy with how things turned out. We had to arrange catering, get people to decorate and setup/cleanup, but gained the reception we wanted.

Sent on 09/26/2016
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 09/05/2010

3.0

The locations are well maintained, spacious, and easy to make elegant. Monday through Friday, they answered phone and email promptly and provided great details. However, the Metroparks staff provides very little in terms of wedding planning and coordination - table and chair set up is up to you.

Sent on 09/21/2010

Evan · Married on 10/29/2016

3.5

We booked the whole Oak Openings Metropark Lodge, which included the adjacent outdoor patio and grassy area surrounded by forest. We used this grassy area for our wedding ceremony and the lodge and patio for our reception. The venue was very affordable. We paid $750 ($650 when we got our deposit back) to rent the whole area for the entire Saturday of our wedding. This allowed us to setup and hang out at the venue as suited our needs on the day of, which took a lot of the timeline pressure off. We were also able to separately rent the Caretaker's Cottage for the groom and groomsmen the night before, which was very convenient for a staging area. There were several limitations on decorations, but we found that the space was so beautiful that it really didn't need much decoration anyway. The lighting inside the lodge is very nice and warm and there are numerous windows, including large picture windows looking out onto the forest on one side. Everything was as expected and we encountered no complications or surprises, either in our communications with the staff, or in our expectations on wedding day. We were able to use the fire pit and setup a s'mores bar outside for the reception. Lots of guests said they really liked this setting and the feel of the wedding. We invited 80 people and 65 came, I would not recommend this venue for over the 80 people we invited, but if you have a relatively small group and are looking for a cozy wedding spot, this is a great option.

Sent on 11/25/2016

Chelsea · Married on 07/16/2016

3.0

I used the Ward Pavilion at Wildwood Park for my July wedding. I really can't complain about my experience, you get what you pay for! When you rent out any of the facilities at the metroparks you get tables and chairs and the rest is up to you! It is fairly inexpensive to rent but you are responsible to bringing in your own vendors and decor. Although it meant a lot more work on my part, I liked being able to pick and choose what vendors I wanted to use and I loved the space and beauty of being in the park. One note I would like to make is that the max capacity at the Ward Pavilion is 150 people. However, I had 130 people at my wedding and once all of the different tables and chairs and DJ and such were set up, it was tight! It worked out fine but for a wedding I wouldn't suggest more than 130 people in there. Along with the Ward Pavilion, we also rented the Farmhouse for the women in my bridal party to get ready at and take a few photos which worked out wonderfully! If you don't mind the extra effort and you have the help from friends and family to help put together your wedding day then using the metroparks is the way go! My wedding turned out beautiful!

Sent on 08/05/2016

BELINDA · Married on 06/13/2009

3.5

The Toledo Metroparks staff were excellent and very helpful. The park Rangers were courteous and patient as I had to be let into the hall many times before the wedding day to show the decorator and wedding coordinator. One downside is that the hall wa a little pricey compared to other halls but if you become a member of the Toledo metroparks you receive a significant discount. I would recommend using them.

Sent on 06/30/2009
  • AmandaK

Amanda · Married on 10/28/2017

3.4
      2.0
      3.0

The Manor House was extremely gorgeous, especially with the fall colors outside for our 10/28/2017 wedding. I haven’t seen many weddings inside of the house and after my husband had proposed in the garden last year, we knew it was where we wanted to be married. The Manor House coordinator was at times difficult to reach (mind you, she was also planning her own wedding), but was helpful when I was able to get in touch with her. My only wish was that there was an administrator available to field questions when the coordinator was out of the office. The day-of contact we worked with for the rehearsal and ceremony was very accommodating and nice. On the day of the wedding, she took me and my bridal party around the house for a tour and we were able to see parts of the house that aren’t open to the public – super cool! It was a nice touch to a very busy day, and getting the opportunity to learn about the history of your venue was superb.

Sent on 11/09/2017