Metro Cuisine Catering and Special Events Reviews

66 | Columbus, OH

66 Reviews for Metro Cuisine Catering and Special Events

66 Metro Cuisine Catering and Special Events Reviews

Courtney · Married on 05/20/2018

My husband and I used Metro Cuisine for our brunch wedding on May 20, 2018 as part of our contract with Vue Columbus. When we were researching venues we had already determined that we wanted to use Metro because of their flexibility and packaging prices. Our overall experience working with Andrea and her team was nothing short of phenomenal. Because they are full service we only had to use one vendor for all of our linens, dishes, setup and tear down. They worked with us on a special request for chicken and waffles which fit our budget perfectly. We also provided inspiration photos for our centerpieces which we brought to the venue but the Metro team set up for us and they looked great. On top of all of that, leading up to the day-of we had consistent communication and Andrea answered all of our question in a timely manner and provided us with all of our options without any pressure to purchase. My husband and I could not be more pleased with how our day went because of the staffs attention to detail and we and our bridal party were able to relax and enjoy our time because they did EVERYTHING. We highly recommend Metro to anybody that asks because they are of the utmost quality.

Elise · Married on 09/30/2017

We used Metro Cuisine for our chair rental for our wedding ceremony. I researched many chair rental locations and they were the least expensive price per chair that I could find. They arrived on time, brought the exact chairs that we ordered, set up the chairs exactly as directed, and came back on schedule to remove the chairs without any disruption to guests. They were very responsive to emails and very easy to work with. Great price and great value!

Heidi · Married on 08/04/2017

The space at the Vue is spectacular. They upgraded so much of the interior from the time we placed the deposit to our big day - it was a nice surprise! It has a industrial-woodsy vibe we loved. It was large enough to hold our group but never felt too big. Liz was very easy to work with and even ended up throwing in bistro lights the day before at no cost. And the kicker - you can bring your on alcohol! We over bought by a lot and still were under what other comparable venues were charging for mid-level bar packages. We couldn't have picked a better place to hold our reception thank you!

Metro was equally easy to work with. We tried the quarterly tasting, but ended up setting up a private tasting for just the two of us. Andrea was super easy to work with too! Metro was able to accommodate a few special dairy-free meals for me and two other guests without a problem. It was great not to have to worry about that on the big day!

Knowing that our caterer and venue were so closely linked made the planning easier. We could meet with both at the same time to finalize details and know they would work well together the day of the event. Thank you!

• User5265305 · 1+ year ago

Everything about this vendor was fantastic. This caterer provided a coordinator that helps us out over the course of the engagement which was about 16 months. The coordinator that they provided was super nice and professional. She answered my questions in a timely manner. I was slightly worried when she was leaving the company for another position and that another coordinator was getting up to speed on our wedding less than a month before. However, the newly transitioned coordinator had no issues with anything that was decided beforehand and did a wonderful job.

The serving staff was amazing. My bridesmaids and I were hiding in the third room at the venue (Vue) and noticed the open windows there. One lady came out and blocked the windows from the guests so they wouldn't see me. She also brought us a pitcher of water with cups and some veggies to snack on. The bartenders were amazing and a bit heavy handed which had all of our guests raving. At the end of the night, they participated in the photobooth with the guests!

The food was simply amazing. Hands down, the best food I could ever eat and I wish I ate more! We had 4 appetizers: bacon-wrapped pineapple, bbq meatballs, fried ravioli with dipping sauce, and a veggie tray with dill dip. The bacon-wrapped pineapple were all gone before my husband and I got to the cocktail hour, but everything else was delicious! The fried ravioli were really fried but super tasty. I'm glad we went higher on the appetizer numbers as all of it was gone but maybe some veggies. For the entrees, we chose grilled sirloin with roasted tomato & gorgonzola butter and chicken stuffed with brie & pear, proscuitto & arugula with champagne sauce. The chicken was out of this world. We also asked for the recipe so we can make it for our anniversary which the coordinator asked and provided us with it and instructions!

Jenny · Married on 11/11/2016

Andrea was amazing - she put up with all of my crazy questions and changes and made the day go so smoothly. If something went wrong, I had no idea :) I got tons of compliments on the food and service from all of our guests. If you don't know what to order, can't go wrong with Chicken Romano and Crabcakes.

Deborah · Married on 07/23/2016

I loved my experience with Metro Cuisine. Lauten was the best. Her response timing was great, the staff was very professional, the food was good. When we ran into issues Lauren supplied a solution that fit our needs. Will definitely use again.

• Hilary

Hilary · Married on 07/16/2016

The only place in Central Ohio that I could find farm tables at a reasonable price!!! I opted for my second choice in chairs, the fruitwood Chiavari chairs (170 chairs). My first choice they did not have, and every other place that had them (farm table chairs) were really expensive! My second choice turned into my first choice when they were delivered. Absolutely beautiful! I did a mix of table rounds and farm tables with these chairs and they were beautiful! No regrets! I also rented a sequined table linen and it was gorgeous! Metro ran the numbers for me several times and made reserving my items easy. They delivered and picked up when they said they would. Just very easy to work with! I will use them again, and will refer family, friends, and clients to them with no hesitation! Thank you!!!

Brad · Married on 02/20/2016

We worked with Andrea at Metro Cuisine and had an amazing experience. She was extremely courteous and patient with our many requests and occasional indecisiveness. She let us make the decisions but offered great suggestions when we asked for her opinion. The reception was beautiful and the way they decorated the venue was amazing. Everyone loved the food (it was soooo good!). Andrea, the bartenders and the staff were all fantastic to work with and very professional. Lastly, they packed up everything for us at the end of the night so our family's could relax and have fun at the end of the night. We would highly recommend choosing Metro Cuisine!

Metro was amazing!!! We worked with Andrea and she was so patient, flexible, and responsive!! Our food was delicious, we received so many compliments! The service was amazing and overall the time spent helping us to finalize all of the final details was invaluable! Andrea and I sent so many back and forth e-mails about numerous details and it really helped me feel at ease going into the big day knowing that they had taken the time to go over everything with me the way they did. They were wonderful to work with and the food and presentation was great!!!

Rachel · Married on 10/11/2015

Metro Cuisine was a great choice for our wedding. Kathy was great to work with. She addressed all of my concerns in a timely manner. The food was amazing and the staff was great! Kathy had done some other weddings at our venue so she was familiar with the area and knew the best way to set up the room which was great! We really liked that Metro Cuisine was able to rent us the chairs, tables, and linens, as well as, do the catering. It was a lot more convenient than having to bring in multiple vendors. Our venue was very much a "DIY" venue so having them do set-up and teardown was great. I would definitely recommend them!

Sylvia · Married on 08/14/2015

Wonderful service!
    I can’t express how satisfied I am with the entire staff, they did an amazing job and everything looked just as I envisioned. They are wonderful! They made my wedding day amazing!! They were such a joy to work with and I felt like whatever I asked they would make it happen!

Heather · Married on 06/19/2015

Metro cuisine just catered my wedding and we couldn't be happier. Everyone had rave reviews on how great the food was and more than that the service was top notch!! We would highly recommend using this service!

Katy · Married on 05/23/2015

Metro was AWESOME to work with, especially with Andrea. We met Andrea a year out from the wedding and when we told her we wanted family-style BBQ, she didn't even hesitate (others thought this was odd for a wedding). She helped develop a perfect menu and really worked to understand my vision and how I wanted every little detail. Weddings are FULL of details (and I think ours had more than normal), but Andrea was always patient, kind and encouraging, and worked hard to execute every little thing. The customer service was also great- Andrea was great! The day-of went well as well. The servers were very attentive and they cleaned up at the end of the night and let us relax and enjoy the final moments of the wedding. I would highly recommend (everyone loved the food!)

Donna · Married on 05/09/2015

Metro Cuisine was so fabulous words cannot explain. My daughter's wedding reception was beyond my expectation. I worked with Andrea for almost a year. There was not one request that didn't get filled. Her response time was immediate and her wonderful nature made the planning process a joy. As far as the service and food.....I am still receiving calls from guests raving about how amazing the food tasted and about the wonderful staff. Metro Cuisine is a well oiled machine from start to finish. We had 200 guests at our event and the 5 hours flew right by. Metro kept the flow of the event moving and didn't miss a beat.

If you want to hire a moderately priced vendor that is worth every penny Metro Cuisine is the way to go.

Brian and Colleen · Married on 04/11/2015

Kathy was flexible and wonderful and so helpful in making sure everything went smoothly. So grateful for everything they did!

Metro Cuisine provided exceptional service to us on our wedding day! The food was delicious and we received many compliments from our guests. The service was outstanding and made our wedding party and guests feel very special. Metro helped make our special day perfect!

Rebecca · Married on 08/30/2014

We worked with Metro Cuisine for our wedding, Kathy Bell was our main contact and she was so knowledgeable and helpful. We had a kind of unique menu with coney dogs and sliders, fried cheese ravioli, martini salad bar, macaroni and cheese, funnel cakes, cotton candy, and delicious appetizers! We did a buffet, and our guests LOVED the food! The staff was so accommodating and wonderful, and our event coordinator was terrific. They went above and beyond, without me even asking, they took my grandmother up to the buffet and helped her carry her plate! They also made sure the groom and I had assistance and had everything we needed. They even went and got a few hamburger patties for my dog to eat so that he could have dinner! I could not say enough good things about this vendor, I am so happy that we chose them!

Monica · Married on 08/30/2014

We used Metro Cuisine for our wedding, and they truly made it a wonderful day! Kathy was so responsive to our every need, always answering emails same day (and sometimes in the same hour!) that I sent them. She was willing to meet us both at the event space and at her office to discuss details. Everything was perfect the day of as well. The whole staff was wonderful, kind, and helpful. And the food was excellent! We received so many great comments on the food. Metro Catering is the full package, and I would recommend them to anyone!

Katie · Married on 08/30/2014

We loved Metro Cuisine and would recommend it to anyone!

Susie · Married on 07/26/2014

Emily Nunn did a wonderful job with all the details, food & services pricing and we just so enjoyed her helpfulness & awesome leadership ! The FOOD was wonderful as well as the cocktail set up, dinner buffet tables, cake and drinks tables! Everyone raved about the awesome Texas BBQ! We were very pleased with the quality of food and service! Very professional and kind! The service staff was awesome and so helpful with details! We would definately used Metro again and have told many people about who we used! I knew they would do a great job & had experience with the food/service when I used them with Women's Ministry at our church for a few years! THANKS for making Sammy & John's wedding such a
    great experience with your food and service! LOVED IT ALL! :) Susie & Bill Norris

Kali · Married on 07/05/2014

Staff from the first phone call, were extremely helpful, knowledgeable, and showed genuine interest in our wedding. There were great ideas from Emily Nunn to put together an outstandingly, delicious menu and to coordinate a gorgeous day to meet our needs! Would highly recommend Metro Cuisine to others for any event, especially weddings.

Lindsay · Married on 07/05/2014

We worked with Kathy Bell through our venue the Vue. Kathy is incredible and made us feel very comfortable with any questions/issues/ideas we had! Any little detail was not too small for her and she even helped us set up our venue when we couldn't be there! Kathy is amazing and was very prompt in answering any email or call which is so helpful as a bride! She is also very creative and gave us ideas about set up, linens, food pairings, etc. etc. etc. that we would have never thought of! We got soooo many compliments on all the food and presentation :) Would gladly work with Kathy again and she and Metro should be at the top of your list to check out for catering!

Kathy was extremely knowledgeable and put together a reception package that was perfect. Our theme was, "Culinary Experience Around the World." She worked with us to develop 6 different appetizer stations to be themed after our favorite foods and after some of our favorite travel destinations. The displays were beautiful and the staff were extremely helpful and professional. We can't thank Metro Cuisine enough for all their work in pulling together the details to make our wedding reception a success.

Katie · Married on 04/26/2014

Metro was instrumental to the success of our wedding day. They were very easy to schedule meetings with and their staff is very nice, professional, flexible and were willing to help us in any way they could. The food was delicious and the set up was beautiful. I would highly recommend this company.

Emily · Married on 04/26/2014

Choosing Metro Cuisine as the caterer was a no brainer after we met with Kathy. She was helpful and accommodating in putting together the type of event that my husband and I were looking for. We knew that the food was great after our tasting but didn't know what to expect as far as service at the event. We were truly blown away with the quality of service we received. When we arrived at our venue we were immediately introduced to the service captain who check on both of us throughout the night. Metro set up all over our decorations and everything looked beautiful! They thought of every detail - honestly there was nothing that was left out. Several guests and family members have commented that they loved our food and that the service was top notch. I was impressed that Metro boxed up our leftover food and cakes to take home and aided in helping us get all of our decorations packed up to go home. I cannot say enough about how happy we were by choosing Metro to cater our event.