64 Reviews for Metro Cuisine Catering and Special Events

Italian (1)
Southern (1)
Gluten Free (1)
64 Metro Cuisine Catering and Special Events Reviews

My husband and I used Metro Cuisine for our brunch wedding on May 20, 2018 as part of our contract with Vue Columbus. When we were researching venues we had already determined that we wanted to use Metro because of their flexibility and packaging prices. Our overall experience working with Andrea and her team was nothing short of phenomenal. Because they are full service we only had to use one vendor for all of our linens, dishes, setup and tear down. They worked with us on a special request for chicken and waffles which fit our budget perfectly. We also provided inspiration photos for our centerpieces which we brought to the venue but the Metro team set up for us and they looked great. On top of all of that, leading up to the day-of we had consistent communication and Andrea answered all of our question in a timely manner and provided us with all of our options without any pressure to purchase. My husband and I could not be more pleased with how our day went because of the staffs attention to detail and we and our bridal party were able to relax and enjoy our time because they did EVERYTHING. We highly recommend Metro to anybody that asks because they are of the utmost quality.

Profile Picture Courtney, 5/20/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Chairs, Tables, Gluten Free, No Pork, Vegan, Vegetarian, Bartender(s), Outside Alcohol, Breakfast/Brunch, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Custom Menu, Tastings, American, Southern, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up

We used Metro Cuisine for our chair rental for our wedding ceremony. I researched many chair rental locations and they were the least expensive price per chair that I could find. They arrived on time, brought the exact chairs that we ordered, set up the chairs exactly as directed, and came back on schedule to remove the chairs without any disruption to guests. They were very responsive to emails and very easy to work with. Great price and great value!

Profile Picture Elise, 9/30/17, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Chairs

The space at the Vue is spectacular. They upgraded so much of the interior from the time we placed the deposit to our big day - it was a nice surprise! It has a industrial-woodsy vibe we loved. It was large enough to hold our group but never felt too big. Liz was very easy to work with and even ended up throwing in bistro lights the day before at no cost. And the kicker - you can bring your on alcohol! We over bought by a lot and still were under what other comparable venues were charging for mid-level bar packages. We couldn't have picked a better place to hold our reception thank you!

Metro was equally easy to work with. We tried the quarterly tasting, but ended up setting up a private tasting for just the two of us. Andrea was super easy to work with too! Metro was able to accommodate a few special dairy-free meals for me and two other guests without a problem. It was great not to have to worry about that on the big day!

Knowing that our caterer and venue were so closely linked made the planning easier. We could meet with both at the same time to finalize details and know they would work well together the day of the event. Thank you!

Profile Picture Heidi, 8/4/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Catering

Everything about this vendor was fantastic. This caterer provided a coordinator that helps us out over the course of the engagement which was about 16 months. The coordinator that they provided was super nice and professional. She answered my questions in a timely manner. I was slightly worried when she was leaving the company for another position and that another coordinator was getting up to speed on our wedding less than a month before. However, the newly transitioned coordinator had no issues with anything that was decided beforehand and did a wonderful job.

The serving staff was amazing. My bridesmaids and I were hiding in the third room at the venue (Vue) and noticed the open windows there. One lady came out and blocked the windows from the guests so they wouldn't see me. She also brought us a pitcher of water with cups and some veggies to snack on. The bartenders were amazing and a bit heavy handed which had all of our guests raving. At the end of the night, they participated in the photobooth with the guests!

The food was simply amazing. Hands down, the best food I could ever eat and I wish I ate more! We had 4 appetizers: bacon-wrapped pineapple, bbq meatballs, fried ravioli with dipping sauce, and a veggie tray with dill dip. The bacon-wrapped pineapple were all gone before my husband and I got to the cocktail hour, but everything else was delicious! The fried ravioli were really fried but super tasty. I'm glad we went higher on the appetizer numbers as all of it was gone but maybe some veggies. For the entrees, we chose grilled sirloin with roasted tomato & gorgonzola butter and chicken stuffed with brie & pear, proscuitto & arugula with champagne sauce. The chicken was out of this world. We also asked for the recipe so we can make it for our anniversary which the coordinator asked and provided us with it and instructions!

Profile Picture User5265305, 1+ year ago, 9 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Family Style, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Stations, Bartender(s), Outside Alcohol

Andrea was amazing - she put up with all of my crazy questions and changes and made the day go so smoothly. If something went wrong, I had no idea :) I got tons of compliments on the food and service from all of our guests. If you don't know what to order, can't go wrong with Chicken Romano and Crabcakes.

Profile Picture User6564398, 1+ year ago, 4 Reviews
Services Used: No Pork, Vegan, Bartender(s), Italian, Family Style

I loved my experience with Metro Cuisine. Lauten was the best. Her response timing was great, the staff was very professional, the food was good. When we ran into issues Lauren supplied a solution that fit our needs. Will definitely use again.

Profile Picture Deborah, 7/23/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering

The only place in Central Ohio that I could find farm tables at a reasonable price!!! I opted for my second choice in chairs, the fruitwood Chiavari chairs (170 chairs). My first choice they did not have, and every other place that had them (farm table chairs) were really expensive! My second choice turned into my first choice when they were delivered. Absolutely beautiful! I did a mix of table rounds and farm tables with these chairs and they were beautiful! No regrets! I also rented a sequined table linen and it was gorgeous! Metro ran the numbers for me several times and made reserving my items easy. They delivered and picked up when they said they would. Just very easy to work with! I will use them again, and will refer family, friends, and clients to them with no hesitation! Thank you!!!

Profile Picture Hilary, 7/16/16, 11 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths

First, I will start by saying that I highly recommend Metro Cuisine. We started with Andrea, who was very helpful with the original planning. Kathy ended up working with us through the final planning and she was great too! She answered all emails in an extremely timely manner and was very organized and extremely helpful with the planning process. Guests cannot stop raving about the food (especially the salmon)! I wish I could give 5/5 stars because the wedding truly was the wedding of our dreams and Metro was there to help us every step of the way. However, there were a few small bumps that should also be mentioned even though they did not take away from the final experience very much. A few months before the wedding, the pricing structure changed to a new menu system. Due to my email being in their computer incorrectly, I did not receive this update. My husband and I had made our selections on the original menu we received prior to our final planning meeting. When we were informed of the changes at the meeting, we were told the new menu made the size wedding we had cheaper, which we were calculating there in that meeting and finding this to be untrue. We were told we could keep the old menu since we had been in the system so long. After reviewing the new menu and planning a second final meeting, we found two positives to the new menu and actually decided to pay more for the new menu. The new menu makes deciding your selections WAY more straightforward. It is much better organized and makes way more sense. Also, the jump from buffet to plated with the new menu was not as high, so we actually upgraded from buffet to plated. This changed worked wonderfully and I ended up being very happy we did this! We coordinated a schedule for a few aunts to help with venue setup. Most of this went smoothly, but there were a few mixups and a few things changed from what we expected. These were small details that did not change the overall outcome, but caused the aunts confusion.

Profile Picture Molly, 7/16/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering

My husband and I were married at The Vue Columbus and used Metro Cuisine as our caterer. The food was amazing! I had many compliments from guests about the quality. At first we were assigned to Andrea as our coordinator but Kathy ended up being our coordinator. I booked this venue over 18 months ahead of time and from the first meeting to the last the pricing structure changed and even though I was assured we were not being charged more, the numbers didn't add up and the cost was definitely more than the original quote. I ended up changing the food to lower cost items, changing to buffet service rather than sit down and had about 50 less guests than I initially said and the cost was STILL MORE than the quote. Also somewhere in our verbal communication I asked to only have champagne glasses for the head table for a champagne toast but there were no champagne glasses in the whole building. So no champagne toast. Also we paid for regular glassware but guests were drinking from plastic by the end of the night. The venue did look beautiful and was set up lovely! The flowers looked great, the center pieces were all set out and the staff was extremely nice and accommodating. I can't say enough about the food. Wonderful! Guests loved it and complimented the veggie lasagna all night! I ended up changing the salad at the last minute to the basic salad due to the pricing issues and it was amazing. Even the lowest budget items were great!

Profile Picture Tara, 6/4/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

We worked with Andrea at Metro Cuisine and had an amazing experience. She was extremely courteous and patient with our many requests and occasional indecisiveness. She let us make the decisions but offered great suggestions when we asked for her opinion. The reception was beautiful and the way they decorated the venue was amazing. Everyone loved the food (it was soooo good!). Andrea, the bartenders and the staff were all fantastic to work with and very professional. Lastly, they packed up everything for us at the end of the night so our family's could relax and have fun at the end of the night. We would highly recommend choosing Metro Cuisine!

Profile Picture Brad, 2/20/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Metro was amazing!!! We worked with Andrea and she was so patient, flexible, and responsive!! Our food was delicious, we received so many compliments! The service was amazing and overall the time spent helping us to finalize all of the final details was invaluable! Andrea and I sent so many back and forth e-mails about numerous details and it really helped me feel at ease going into the big day knowing that they had taken the time to go over everything with me the way they did. They were wonderful to work with and the food and presentation was great!!!

Profile Picture Amy, 10/24/15, 10 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Chairs, Tables, Vegetarian, Bartender(s), Outside Alcohol, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated

Metro Cuisine was a great choice for our wedding. Kathy was great to work with. She addressed all of my concerns in a timely manner. The food was amazing and the staff was great! Kathy had done some other weddings at our venue so she was familiar with the area and knew the best way to set up the room which was great! We really liked that Metro Cuisine was able to rent us the chairs, tables, and linens, as well as, do the catering. It was a lot more convenient than having to bring in multiple vendors. Our venue was very much a "DIY" venue so having them do set-up and teardown was great. I would definitely recommend them!

Profile Picture Rachel, 10/11/15, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Buffet, Hors d'oeuvres, Chairs, Tables

Overall I was 100% pleased with the food at our wedding. Initially after reaching out to the vendor to start getting things lined up, I ran into some pretty sever lack of response from the contact I was dealing with, however a quick phone call to a manager resolved the issue. I dealt directly with the manager for the remaining time, and never ran into an issue again. Food is fantastic and for a great value, would absolutely use them again and recommend to others!

Profile Picture User5391830, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews

Wonderful service!
I can’t express how satisfied I am with the entire staff, they did an amazing job and everything looked just as I envisioned. They are wonderful! They made my wedding day amazing!! They were such a joy to work with and I felt like whatever I asked they would make it happen!

Profile Picture Sylvia, 8/14/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

Metro cuisine just catered my wedding and we couldn't be happier. Everyone had rave reviews on how great the food was and more than that the service was top notch!! We would highly recommend using this service!

Profile Picture Heather, 6/19/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Metro Cuisine was wonderful to work with for our wedding that took place at Vue in June. Kathy was our point of contact and helped our coordinate our event. She was very flexible, patient, and responsive- especially for our last minute changes and updates! During our wedding, we were given the star treatment by the Metro Cuisine staff. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. They did a wonderful job making sure that everything went smoothly that evening so we were able to enjoy our night. Our wedding was a night that we will never forget. I would most definitely recommend Metro Cuisine!

Profile Picture User5181485, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
3.4

The sales person I worked with was very helpful and patient while I was deciding what I needed for my event and placing my chair rental order. However, the delivery was a day later than agreed upon in the contract and they showed up to the venue hours earlier than they said they would to pick them up after the event, so we had to find somebody last minute to meet them there. The chairs were overall in really good condition and a good value.

Profile Picture User4796427, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths

Metro was AWESOME to work with, especially with Andrea. We met Andrea a year out from the wedding and when we told her we wanted family-style BBQ, she didn't even hesitate (others thought this was odd for a wedding). She helped develop a perfect menu and really worked to understand my vision and how I wanted every little detail. Weddings are FULL of details (and I think ours had more than normal), but Andrea was always patient, kind and encouraging, and worked hard to execute every little thing. The customer service was also great- Andrea was great! The day-of went well as well. The servers were very attentive and they cleaned up at the end of the night and let us relax and enjoy the final moments of the wedding. I would highly recommend (everyone loved the food!)

Profile Picture Katy, 5/23/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

Metro Cuisine was so fabulous words cannot explain. My daughter's wedding reception was beyond my expectation. I worked with Andrea for almost a year. There was not one request that didn't get filled. Her response time was immediate and her wonderful nature made the planning process a joy. As far as the service and food.....I am still receiving calls from guests raving about how amazing the food tasted and about the wonderful staff. Metro Cuisine is a well oiled machine from start to finish. We had 200 guests at our event and the 5 hours flew right by. Metro kept the flow of the event moving and didn't miss a beat.

If you want to hire a moderately priced vendor that is worth every penny Metro Cuisine is the way to go.

Profile Picture Donna, 5/9/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

Kathy was flexible and wonderful and so helpful in making sure everything went smoothly. So grateful for everything they did!

Profile Picture Brian and Colleen, 4/11/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

Metro Cuisine provided exceptional service to us on our wedding day! The food was delicious and we received many compliments from our guests. The service was outstanding and made our wedding party and guests feel very special. Metro helped make our special day perfect!

Profile Picture User4918574, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Event Rentals & Photobooths

Working with Metro was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. They were recommended by a friend, and turned out to be so easy to work with, professional and a pleasure! Every detail worked out beautifully and they took care of so much of the work during our wedding weekend that we were able to sit back and enjoy with our friends and family! Thank you very much Metro!

Profile Picture E., 10/18/14, 1 Review
Category: Catering

The dinner was amazing!!! Since it was my wedding, I did not partake in the cocktail hour, but I heard people enjoyed themselves. Food was very tasty and delicious. I left my wedding completely full and satisfied!

Profile Picture Andrew, 9/13/14, 4 Reviews
4.2

Great food! We worked with Emily and she was very helpful and worked with us to give us the wedding we wanted.

Profile Picture Elise, 9/13/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

We worked with Metro Cuisine for our wedding, Kathy Bell was our main contact and she was so knowledgeable and helpful. We had a kind of unique menu with coney dogs and sliders, fried cheese ravioli, martini salad bar, macaroni and cheese, funnel cakes, cotton candy, and delicious appetizers! We did a buffet, and our guests LOVED the food! The staff was so accommodating and wonderful, and our event coordinator was terrific. They went above and beyond, without me even asking, they took my grandmother up to the buffet and helped her carry her plate! They also made sure the groom and I had assistance and had everything we needed. They even went and got a few hamburger patties for my dog to eat so that he could have dinner! I could not say enough good things about this vendor, I am so happy that we chose them!

Profile Picture Rebecca, 8/30/14, 6 Reviews