Merry Maui Weddings Reviews

2.0
      0.0
      2.0
      1.5

It is extremely unfortunate that I CAN NOT recommend Merry Maui Weddings for your memorable wedding experience. While my husband and I were pleased with the wedding location (Charley Young Beach) and the musical talent at the wedding, we were left disappointed with the execution of the ceremony and the quality of the photography. During our ceremony the owner/reverend (Ayesha) spoke so softly that none of our guests could hear anything she said. This was very disappointing for our guests who spent thousands of dollars to see our wedding. Our largest complaint, by far, is the photography services provided by the owner Vincent Salamander. Nearly every shot that was taken during the ceremony cut off my husbands head! If his head wasn’t cut off, then a large portion of his body was instead. We found very few pictures that were actually worth paying for. Vincent clearly didn’t take the time to frame the shot before snapping the photo, since heads, bodies, feet, etc. were continually cut off. This seems like something that even basic amateur photographers would make sure to do. He makes the claim on his sight that he takes; something to the effect of, artistic non-portrait pictures but really the majority of the “artistic” photos of our wedding were completely unusable since any remaining portion of my husbands head would be covered up by the boarder of a frame. Our wedding would have been just as successful if one of our guests would have taken the photographs instead of us paying Merry Maui Weddings for amature photos. If you are on this site to consider choosing Merry Maui Weddings: PLEASE, beware when you purchase your dream wedding package, that Merry Maui Weddings is more then likely NOT your best choice. Take the experience of others, like me, to heart. I would hate to see your wedding day memories completely ruined because some guy with a $2k camera thinks he’s a “photographer”. If you think that they offer a ‘good priced package’ please consider the quality of what that price is going to get you.

Sent on 12/14/2010

Anne · Married on 01/09/2015

0.4
      0.5

Coming from CA I didn't have anyone suggested to me or anyone I knew in Maui. I reached out to Ayesha because her website was good. We started communicating via email but she was hard to get a hold of. Once we started, she didn't even have me sign a contract of any sort (unlike EVERY other vendor used in my process). I hired her to do my coordination which she did NONE of the sort. She gave me the names and numbers and I had to do the rest. So, she called me when I was in the spa the day before my wedding saying she never heard from me regarding my cake. She said if she didnt hear from me by 1 I was getting a plain vanilla cake. It was already 3 when I got the message. I called her back in a panic since I had my email telling her what I wanted 3 months prior with her response saying thanks and she received it. I never raised my voice or called her names. My friends said I was the calmest bride ever. Anyway, Ayesha hung up on my 3 times. COMPLETE WHACK JOB! I am her client. At this point I thought she was going to bring me a black cake for sure. Turns out she had to keep it in the frig so it wouldn't melt, was so ugly, not what I wanted, plus it was the driest, worst tasting cake ever. It was only my wedding!!! So upset!!! I literally had to pull off the tacky ugly flowers that were on there. So my wedding day rolls around and she shows up wearing a hooker outfit no joke. Fishnets, lace see through skirt, leopard print. Completely inappropriate! It was an add on to have her attend the reception which I thought I was paying her. There was no proof since there was no contract. Then she brought her husband or someone who was supposed to be playing the music. He didn't even know how to work an iPod. Then when there were any issues with music she just sat on her butt eating my oysters at 2.50$ a pop. Everytime I looked at her she wasn't trying to get the music playing she was eating my food. Please email me for proof of all of this anneblomberg@hotmail.com.

Sent on 01/17/2015