26 Reviews for Merry Maui Weddings

User Photos
Photos
26 Merry Maui Weddings Reviews

We had our dream wedding with Reverend Sandra Lee, who was wonderful to us! The photos are stunning and the flowers surpassed my imagination. Thank Merry Maui Weddings!

Profile Picture Ale, 3/1/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, Photography, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Unique Services (Other), Videography, Wedding Planning

My husband and I went to Maui to renew our 25th wedding anniversary vows after searching the internet we came across Merry Maui Weddings.Im so happy we didn't have to look any further.Ayesha handled everything right down to the haku I ordered in remembrance of my mother in law.It was beautiful.Ayesha and her photographer Cathy made our day extra special and a memory we will cherish for the rest of our lives.They returned emails immediately and kept me up to date as to what was going on and I may also say they were very affordable and went way beyond my expectations.I'm so glad we chose them so I HIGHLY recommend if you are looking to get married or renew your vows look no further you will not be disappointed and look into Merry Maui Weddings.Cathy who was our photographer did a wonderful job on the photos .We will look back on these wonderful memories and cherish them forever.Thank You Ayesha and Cathy for going above and beyond and making our 25th extra special Aloha and Merry Christmas

Photo for Merry Maui Weddings Review - my beautiful haku made with baby roses
Photo for Merry Maui Weddings Review - exchanging of nut leis
Photos
Profile Picture Linda, 10/2/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography, Wedding Planning

We had a vow renewal ceremony. Ayesha did a wonderful job of planning the ceremony details. The location and time of day that she suggested was perfect. The choice of words used for the renewal was very meaningful. She carefully listened to what we wanted and who we are. Her suggestions fit our needs. Mark's photography was excellent as was the live ukulele music. We highly recommend Merry Maui Weddings. Thank you so much Ayesha and Mark for making our vow renewal ceremony special after 30 years of marriage.

Profile Picture Jamie, 4/29/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography, Wedding Planning

I feel so very lucky to have found merry Maui weddings.
I felt deeply cared for by Reverend Sandra Lee. It is clear that
she is deeply dedicated to her work and knew just how important
our wedding day is to us. She is one of those special people who
Truly believes in love!

And who could even ask for a more beautiful
location for a wedding? The photographs of
my husband and I, with the sun setting into the ocean, on the
beach, are spectacular.

Profile Picture Lucky in love, 4/8/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
0.5

Coming from CA I didn't have anyone suggested to me or anyone I knew in Maui. I reached out to Ayesha because her website was good. We started communicating via email but she was hard to get a hold of. Once we started, she didn't even have me sign a contract of any sort (unlike EVERY other vendor used in my process). I hired her to do my coordination which she did NONE of the sort. She gave me the names and numbers and I had to do the rest. So, she called me when I was in the spa the day before my wedding saying she never heard from me regarding my cake. She said if she didnt hear from me by 1 I was getting a plain vanilla cake. It was already 3 when I got the message. I called her back in a panic since I had my email telling her what I wanted 3 months prior with her response saying thanks and she received it. I never raised my voice or called her names. My friends said I was the calmest bride ever. Anyway, Ayesha hung up on my 3 times. COMPLETE WHACK JOB! I am her client. At this point I thought she was going to bring me a black cake for sure. Turns out she had to keep it in the frig so it wouldn't melt, was so ugly, not what I wanted, plus it was the driest, worst tasting cake ever. It was only my wedding!!! So upset!!! I literally had to pull off the tacky ugly flowers that were on there. So my wedding day rolls around and she shows up wearing a hooker outfit no joke. Fishnets, lace see through skirt, leopard print. Completely inappropriate! It was an add on to have her attend the reception which I thought I was paying her. There was no proof since there was no contract. Then she brought her husband or someone who was supposed to be playing the music. He didn't even know how to work an iPod. Then when there were any issues with music she just sat on her butt eating my oysters at 2.50$ a pop. Everytime I looked at her she wasn't trying to get the music playing she was eating my food. Please email me for proof of all of this anneblomberg@hotmail.com.

Profile Picture Anne, 1/9/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

I just wanted to recommend MERRY MAUI WEDDINGS located on MAUI to anybody wanting the perfect Hawaiian wedding. They did an exceptional job of making our wedding the perfect event and memorable experience we could have ever hoped for. Everything was perfect!

Our photos will keep the fond memories alive; they did not miss any of the perfect sunset pictures. Thank you Ayesha and Mark!

Profile Picture Russ, 8/19/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Photography, Wedding Planning

Merry Maui Weddings did an excellent job with our wedding. It was everything we had hoped for. Our minister, Ayesha, answered the phone every time I called. She was flexible with our location, which we didn't finalize until we got to the island. She also had good suggestions for where to buy flowers and places to eat. The service was beautiful and and we were provided with keepsake leis, a certificate, and a copy of the service and our vows. The photographer/ukulele player was amazing. The setting was so romantic and the pictures turned out great. We couldn't have asked for more!

Profile Picture Tara, 8/15/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Photography, Wedding Planning

The wedding turned out great. The customer service was outstanding and the wedding location was a surprise. The photographer was also 5 star

Profile Picture aj, 6/16/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography, Videography, Wedding Planning

We used Merry Maui Weddings for the videography at our brief ceremony. Ayesha was very responsive and helpful in her e-mail and phone communications prior to our wedding date, and very flexible (we had planned an outdoor ceremony and changed the venue and timing several times during the week just before the wedding!). She and her colleague arrived at our venue early in order to set up their equipment, and helped to ensure that the camera angles were good and that we and our minister were "photogenic". She gave us the completed raw-footage video disc of the ceremony as soon as we were finished, and it turned out very well! It was exactly what we wanted.... A true-to-life recording of our wedding! Pricing was extremely reasonable.

Profile Picture User3967624, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We very much enjoyed our experience with Merry Maui weddings. We worked closely with Ayesha for our planning and the ceremony was perfect. Ayesha was quick with responding to emails and everything was handled very professionally. We changed the venue for our ceremony 2 days before and they were very flexible. We have not yet received our photos but the photographer showed us some as she took them and they were outstanding! We received our marriage license within three weeks. I would highly recommend merry Maui weddings to anyone looking for a wedding planner on the island. Great value and easy to work with!

Profile Picture User3507714, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
3.5

We were just recently married in Maui and had booked our date with Merry Maui Weddings about a year in advance. Ayesha provided a lovely ceremony and the flowers, cake, etc, were everything we wanted. We had a wonderful day, perfect weather, and a great location.

I just recently received my photos and am terribly disappointed. When I chose a wedding planner photography was one of the most important things to us. We only had a few family members come to the wedding so we relied on beautiful photos to capture our wonderful wedding. The website advertised (and still does) a photographer that they do not work with any longer. We were told about a month before the wedding that another professional photographer would be at our wedding. I wasn't too worried because I figured "Who could screw up pictures of a beautiful sunset wedding in Hawaii", well, it happened. We ended up with several hundred pictures and I would not consider framing a single one. The lighting was off, the angles were bad,she included several photos with our eyes closed and they look very unprofessional. My friend took much better photos on her camera phone. I am still shocked at how bad these pictures turned out, and instead of looking at them and being reminded of what a wonderful, once in a lifetime day we had, I nearly burst into tears when I look at them. I am so embarrassed I don't want to even show them to my friends and family! It is pretty obvious that they did not provide professional photography.

It is unfortunate that everything else with the wedding went well, and the pictures ruined the positive things I have to say about Merry Maui Weddings. I think if you want to use them, I would recommend not using their photographer, you would be better off having your friends and family take photos. I am devastated that our special day was no captured well, and there is nothing that can be done about it.

Profile Picture User3280841, 2+ years ago, 1 Review

Amazing:)
I would definitely recommend Merry Maui Weddings, they did a great job!
Our wedding turned out better than we thought it would be. Our package was very affordable, but the quality of service was great. Jeanny and Ayesha were there to answer our questions every step of the way. Our minister Kai was wonderful and our ceremony was very heart felt. He also stayed after the ceremony and played music while we were taking photos. Our photographer Lia was fun to work with and made us feel very comfortable. She went above and beyond to get the perfect shots and she even gave us an extra 15 min cause we were having so much fun. We just received our photos and they are stunning! We are very happy with the way everything turned out. Thanks for making our special day so memorable:)

Profile Picture Amber, 1/3/13, 1 Review
1.2

Do not trust these people with your wedding!

My (now) husband and I weren't married for several months because they messed up the paperwork, absolutely unacceptable. 2/3 of the flowers didn't arrive (the ones that did were incorrect) and I still haven't received a refund after 4 months. They're disorganized, they're unprofessional and you may or may nto be ACTUALLY married.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture User3107739, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our beach wedding on makena beach was absolutely everything and more that we could have ever imagined. Ayesha's words were beautiful and so meaningful to us. She even gave us a special heart shaped piece of white coral/rock that she found for us. We couldnt have asked for a better minister. Leah and Jeannie were fabulous to work with and helped make our experience very enjoyable!! We got so many hugs and smiles and kind words and wishes. Planning a wedding wether its big or small, from far away can be stressful but there is no doubt that putting our trust into Merry Maui Weddings was the right choice. Thank you so much to Ayesha, Leah and Jeannie for making our day perfect. We will always remember you and feel so blessed to have had this experience. We cant wait to see the pictures!! :) ALOHA!! :)

With so much love from,
Josh and Kelsey Panoch (Portland, OR)

Profile Picture Kelsey, 10/5/12, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Photography, Wedding Planning

Our wedding with Merry Maui Weddings was so beautiful and moving. They were a pleasure to work with. The day, the setting and the ceremony were just perfect in every way – everything we had hoped for. Ayesha's words were true and timeless, and the ceremony was perfect and meaningful. The photos were all that we had hoped. And top of all that, amazing value.

Profile Picture Eric, 5/22/12, 1 Review
1.5

Wedding was nice, follow-up was not what it should've been.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Julie, 5/21/12, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Photography

They did an absolutely wonder ful job. The ceremony was beautiful and the vows were perfect. The photographer took a lot of time to make sure the picture came out just right and they did. The pictures were better than I could have expected. The pictures captured every moment.

Profile Picture Stephanie, 12/12/11, 6 Reviews
Category: Officiant, Photography

Merry Maui weddings was not the first place I called to inquire about a Maui Wedding. But they were one of the few who actually answered when I called (and called, and called, LOL) . I shopped around to probably about 7 different wedding outfits and submitted at least 5 online requests. Vincent was the only one who answered each and every time.

I called Merry Maui Weddings 6 days before we wanted to get married in a panic. You see, I am a world-class procrastinator, though not always by choice. In this case I had to leave for Maui with less than a week’s notice for work and thought it would be wonderful to bring my wonderful girlfriend of 4 years along with for a surprise wedding in Maui. Let me also add, not only am I a procrastinator, but I am also budget conscience. Making there job twice as hard. =)

When I first called, I actually caught Vincent (owner/photographer) on his way to another scheduled wedding, but he still took the time to talk with me and make me feel comfortable with the whole process. We spoke briefly about the options he had available and I followed up with him the next day. Vincent was able to confirm my wedding date over the phone, accept payment over the phone and confirm the whole package with ease. I was amazed at how easy he made it.

When our big day came, we got excellent directions and met Vincent and his Wife (the lovely Hawaiian minister) at one of the most beautiful beaches I have ever seen. The spot they recommended was a pretty area with perfectly manicured grass, lovely swaying palm trees with waves crashing in the backdrop behind us. We also had the option to have the ceremony directly on the beach, but chose the grassy area above to be able to have a variety of pictures.

The ceremony was performed by Vincent’s wife, who did a lovely job of administering her version of the traditional Hawaiian ceremony. At the end, we got to exchange lei’s and were allowed the opportunity to exchange our own vows.

After the ceremony, we went down to the beach and took several pictures. Vincent is an excellent photographer, he told us exactly where to go and stand and took some of the best pictures of my now wife I have ever seen (he actually showed us some of them after it was all over on his camera so we had a sneak peak). My wife is the first to tell you that she is not very camera friendly, but Vincent was able to capture her in the same way that I see her… the most beautifully bride in the WHOLE world!

In closing I want everyone to know just how perfect Merry Maui Weddings made our special day. Somehow they were able to give us everything we wanted, in the time frame we wanted and all for a price that was more than reasonable. I mentioned at the beginning that I was in a hurry, but I did shop around and I encourage you to the do the same. But I promise you will not find a better value than Merry Maui weddings, and when it’s all said and done you will thank me.

Note: I also want to add that Vincent has continued to reply promptly to my queries even now after our wedding (and getting paid) he has gone above and beyond the call of duty. I feel doubly blessed to have picked not only the perfect wife, but the perfect wedding planner/minister/photographer. Thank you Merry Maui Weddings!!!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 9/12/11, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Photography, Wedding Planning

WOW! Our Merry Maui Wedding was amazing. The location was beautiful overlooking the ocean with sunset in the background. We couldn’t have ask for more. From the beginning with the photos, music, and our circle of love. We loved it and it felt so loving and natural right on the sand. If you are planning a beach wedding I would defiantly recommend them. They were always there for me and everything came out perfect just by planning it over the phone. We are so happy, we feel like our wedding was so special because of Merry Maui Weddings. We were so blessed that everything came out so beautiful.

Profile Picture Luisa, 7/21/11, 1 Review
1.7

I CANNOT recommend Merry Maui Weddings to my worst enemy!!
Your wedding is supposed to be the most special day, you are supposed to be crying because you are so happy, not because there is still a bride and groom and the exact location, with the same company, at the time your wedding is supposed to start and because your flowers, that you paid and extra $100 for to have the "premium selection" were rotting and disgusting!!

The flowers looked as if they were picked off the side of the road on the way to the wedding, they look like the kind you would pick on the side of a freeway that are covered in bugs and half dried out! (there were no bugs surprisingly)!!
The colors we chose were not represented AT ALL....
Half the guest leis were good, half were obviously a bit older...

Now, the worst part, the photography!!! My family that were there took much better photos with their point and shoot than were provided by this "photographer"..half the photos, not even kidding, have either his wife sitting in a double person red lawn chair with an umbrella in the background, his kid who was "learning to be a photographer" or had SUCH bad lighting or exposure!! We do not have even ONE of his photographs displayed in our house, they are too embarrassing!!
We paid extra for the "24 hour photo rush" which was NOT 24 hours, and then they were just put on a website that you can only access for a week! well we stayed in Maui for more than a week, so when we got home, we no longer had access to the photos! AND we are pretty sure NONE were edited!

The only thing worth the money was the extra we paid for a true hawaiian minister that played the ukulele and sung!! ( but again, Vincent and his "team" messed that up buy not playing OUR WEDDING DANCE SONG and instead played the song we specifically requested NOT be played for our first dance....even thinking about it I am FUMING!!!!)

DON'T DO IT!!!!!!

Profile Picture User2548657, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Photography, Wedding Planning

Vincent and Ayesha were fantastic at making our destination wedding perfectly picturesque! Vincent had wonderful planning suggestions from the accommodations to our choice of beach. They made our wedding planning as easy as I can imagine it can be. We didn't have to worry about anything. They were always available by phone or email to answer questions and they were very well planned and professional with our ceremony.
Vincent took wonderful photographs to remember our special day and I will always cherish our Merry Maui wedding! Mahalo Vincent and Ayesha!!
The Kings

Profile Picture Angela, 7/1/11, 1 Review
Category: Officiant, Photography, Wedding Planning

MERRY MAUI WEDDINGS Did a wonderfull job with everything that we asked for. Vincent & Ayesha are awsome. We had a small weather issue and they were very flexable and made it the best it could be. Again the wedding was awsome. We are so happy and cound not have started our marrage any better
Thanks so much
Timothy & Stephanie Courtney

Profile Picture Timothy, 4/8/11, 1 Review
1.1

It is extremely unfortunate that I CAN NOT recommend Merry Maui Weddings for your memorable wedding experience. While my husband and I were pleased with the wedding location (Charley Young Beach) and the musical talent at the wedding, we were left disappointed with the execution of the ceremony and the quality of the photography. During our ceremony the owner/reverend (Ayesha) spoke so softly that none of our guests could hear anything she said. This was very disappointing for our guests who spent thousands of dollars to see our wedding. Our largest complaint, by far, is the photography services provided by the owner Vincent Salamander. Nearly every shot that was taken during the ceremony cut off my husbands head! If his head wasn’t cut off, then a large portion of his body was instead. We found very few pictures that were actually worth paying for. Vincent clearly didn’t take the time to frame the shot before snapping the photo, since heads, bodies, feet, etc. were continually cut off. This seems like something that even basic amateur photographers would make sure to do. He makes the claim on his sight that he takes; something to the effect of, artistic non-portrait pictures but really the majority of the “artistic” photos of our wedding were completely unusable since any remaining portion of my husbands head would be covered up by the boarder of a frame. Our wedding would have been just as successful if one of our guests would have taken the photographs instead of us paying Merry Maui Weddings for amature photos. If you are on this site to consider choosing Merry Maui Weddings: PLEASE, beware when you purchase your dream wedding package, that Merry Maui Weddings is more then likely NOT your best choice. Take the experience of others, like me, to heart. I would hate to see your wedding day memories completely ruined because some guy with a $2k camera thinks he’s a “photographer”. If you think that they offer a ‘good priced package’ please consider the quality of what that price is going to get you.

Profile Picture Rishel, 11/18/10, 1 Review
Category: Photography
This review is currently being verified.
1.3

We were married last year, and also found Merry Maui weddings to be well under the expected level of service. It seems that this company is better suited to small beach weddings wih only the couple. Highly organized weddings are not their forte! We had quite a large wedding, and felt that due to the higher costs involved that they would put in more of an effort to showcase their abilities. However we were mistaken, as we felt as if we were being more of a bother to them. Who is paying who anyways!?

Further, at our wedding the owners/ operators made an appearance to oversee the wedding, but did not stay until the end. We never saw them again, without so much as a congratulations. We felt that this was rude to say the least.

As well at our wedding we had asked our coordinators to move some items, but they declined saying that they were too heavy. As a result, my 65 year old aunt went and moved the items herself.

Following our wedding, we both reflected about how we had to arrange outside agencies such as a DJ, cake, etc with minimal assistance from our coordinators. It appears that Merry Maui Weddings has minimal knowledge of companies and individuals who provide services on Maui for weddings. Rather, they choose to promote those within the Maui Wedding Association(whom they are a part of), and no others.

As you can see, the effort and care that Merry Maui Weddings put forth towards our wedding was minimal at best, and we would not recommend them to any couple wishing to be married on Maui.

Profile Picture Scott, 11/14/09, 2 Reviews