Merriman's Kapalua Maui Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner

Nikki Married on 11/05/2018

Dream Wedding!

We choose Merriman’s based the stunning location, the restaurant’s rating and other people’s reviews. It certainly was a little nerve wracking choosing a location we had never seen. I cannot rave enough how everything was absolutely perfect and everything we had hoped for. The service was top notch, a huge thank you to Adrienne and Renee! Wonderful job ladies. The food was truly amazing and the scenery gorgeous. We highly recommend Merriman’s to anyone considering this venue for their wedding and reception.
    Tom Married on 09/02/2017
    We held our daughter's wedding and dinner at Merriman's.
    Fabulous venue, impeccable service and amazing food an beverages. Cannot say enough good things about the entire event! Adrienne as the wedding planner was spot on and a very calm person during the planning and event! I will also say that dinner or happy hour on a regular day is also a treat.
    Maidel Married on 08/17/2017
    Booking this venue has been a breeze. I searched for over 6 months and finally decided on this venue based on value and attentiveness from the staff. Even in spite of the huge time difference Valerye and Adrianne are always super responsive and happy to answer any of my questions. For a destination wedding all any bride can hope for is full communication from everyone involved and feeling comfortable making decisions on the other side of the world. I'm super excited to continue to work on wedding details with Merriman's and truly anticipate an amazing outcome for our special day.
    Michelle Married on 05/05/2017
    Merriman's is the perfect location for any type of event. It's a gorgeous location with the most spectacular food and over the top service. We held our rehearsal dinner on May 4, 2017 at Merriman's. We had 19 guests and booked the private cabana on the deck. It was perfection! The events team was a pleasure to work with and loved that they offered family style. All of our guests raved about the event. It was the perfect intimate setting for our rehearsal dinner. We can't thank the team at Merriman's enough. ~Michelle & Keith
  • User2991049 2+ years ago
    We had an awesome experience at Merriman's. They were very very attentive and professional. We felt like royalty which is great for your wedding reception dinner. The ambience was lovely and food was delicious!
    Diana Married on 02/23/2016
    I can't say enough about Merriman's Kapalua! I worked with Valerye for almost 9 months to plan the perfect wedding and it was! Their attention to detail was amazing, everything went exactly as planned and it was a fairy-tale day from start to finish. I couldn't have wished for a better wedding. Their vendors were great (Bella Bloom, flowers - Dmitri and Sandra - photography, Ernest Pau'a - officiant and Marvin Tevaga - music) The food and drinks were amazing too! I highly recommend Merriman's and Valerye (and her husband Eric who was also a delight on the day of the wedding and eager to please!)
  • User2464342 2+ years ago
    Hands-down the most beautiful wedding venue with the BEST food, drink, setting and event managers! We rented out the deck and private dining room and couldn't have been happier with the whole Merriman's experience.

Marina and Valerye at Merriman's Kapalua are the DREAM TEAM. They completely streamlined the entire wedding planning process, and we couldn't have been happier with how our wedding turned out. From the pre-planning stages of figuring out availability, pricing and headcount to coordinating all the nitty-gritty vendor details and timing, I was very impressed by how professional, responsive and helpful they were. They answered my endless questions and were extremely patient even when I flip-flopped on things!
  • J_cali1283
    Jeanelyn Married on 10/21/2015
    Ahhh.. Seriously what can I say about Merriman's. The moment we finally saw Merriman's (which was JUST the day before our wedding for our rehearsal) it took our breath away!! Words cannot describe how beautiful Merriman's is overlooking Kapalua bay! We had an intimate wedding of only 23 people so we had our ceremony on their grassy knoll/overlook. What a gorgeous day to have a wedding. It only very lightly drizzled as we were saying our vows.. Which created the most gorgeous rainbow over us! It was magical and perfect! For our dinner reception we rented out their outdoor cabana (which gave us a more intimate feel). The cabana was decorated so beautifully! It was definitely what I had envisioned it to be for our intimate wedding. One long table decorated with our florals, Mercury vases, candles, hanging crystals, succulents and of course that Maui sunset! Also, everyone could not stop raving about the food! We started off with a salad and a choice of 2 entrees: macadamia nut crusted mongchong and the filet mignon! Both was superb! And quite honestly the best meal we've had on Maui. Merriman's also did our wedding cake! We had a macadamia nut flavored cake with lillikoi cream frosting (very light and flavorful). Anyway, I can go on and on raving about Merriman's... But the last thing I will say is.. If you're ever planning to get married in Maui... And are looking for a beautiful backdrop, amazing food, and great service! look no further! Seriously! Make the easy choice and go with Merriman's! TRUST me... you will NOT be disappointed! My husband and I cannot wait til we come back to Maui again to visit the place where we tied the knot! Merriman's Kapalua will forever hold a special place in our hearts!
  • Jordan
    Jordan Married on 07/06/2015
    Merriman's Kapalua Maui was a top-notch, high-quality venue that provided my wife and I with a wedding that you could only dream of. The setting was superb, the views were magical, the atmosphere was lively, and the service was attentive and professional - from beginning to end, they provided us with a wedding that we'll never forget and we will be forever thankful. Only downside would be the coordination fees but that's customary as they recommend preferred vendors, etc. and essentially do all the dirty work qualifying. Ultimately with all the venues and reviews available, make sure you go with Merriman's Kapalua as your top choice - it's hands down the best wedding venue in Maui!
    Kohsin Married on 06/05/2015
    We had our wedding at Merriman's over the summer of 2015. I chose this venue without physically going to see the place based on the photos that I saw online. And I must say that reality was even better! The venue was just amazing and beautiful. I could not have asked for anything better. What made it great was the events staff at Merriman's. They were such a dream to work with and did their best to accommodate our every request. The wait staff on the wedding day were so attentive to our every need in making sure our day was perfect. Thank you Merriman's for making our special day so perfect!
    Brooke Married on 05/08/2015
    Our wedding at Merriman's was absolutely perfect! They made the whole planning process extremely easy. I'm a very OCD and organized person, but I literally planned the wedding through email and it was wonderful. The venue for both the ceremony and the reception was way better than we both expected - much more amazing than the pictures on their website. The food for dinner was seriously delicious! We will definitely go back to Merriman's for dinner on future trips. The ingredients were fresh and flavorful. Overall the experience was perfect, and I would recommend Merriman's to anyone I know!
    Lauren Married on 04/24/2015
    I just had my wedding at Merriman's and I can't say enough good things about them! The food of course was fantastic, and my husband and I actually went back during our honeymoon and the food was spectacular the second time as well! We had top notch service, and the view is to die for! I loved everyone we worked with, with the exception of one woman (Marina) who I (and my family) was less than impressed with. She was late, never apologized, rude, unhelpful and acted like she didn't want to be there. However, because everyone else we worked with including Luke (who helped once the reception started) and Dave (our server), was so incredible, I still want to give Merriman's 5 stars. I would recommend Merriman's to anyone looking to get married in Maui because of the delicious food and absolutely stunning view!
  • User2076567 2+ years ago
    Wish I could upload the taste of the amazing(!) fish and flourless chocolate cake with 'congratulations' written in cocoa in Hawaiian! All with a 180deg view of the Pacific, whales, sunset, and all. Now I have to start saving up to come here for an anniversary!
    Kimberley Married on 11/28/2014
    The venue was so accommodating and even planned a second location of the weather didn't lighten up but luckily it did and they were ready to go with everything we wanted and more!
    Michelle Married on 08/05/2014
    When I started doing research for where I would want my wedding in Hawaii, I came upon Merriman's Kapalua and thought that it looked perfect! I am so happy I chose this venue. The staff was excellent, especially Natalie, the event coordinator. She and her team were fabulous! They responded quickly to my emails, helped book all of my vendors, and decorated the entire venue exactly as I wanted. In addition to the beautiful venue, the food and staff were fabulous! I am so happy we used this vendor and can't wait to go back next year for our anniversary! Thank you, Merriman's Event team for a wonderful wedding!
    Michelle Married on 06/21/2014
    My fiancé and I got engaged at Merriman's last year and loved the location so much that we decided to have our wedding there as well. We were married on Merriman's grassy overlook in June and could not have been happier with our choice of venue. We had a small intimate wedding (21 guests) and the location was perfect! After our ceremony, we had dinner under Merriman's cabana which is very cozy with twinkle lights and chandeliers. For dinner, we offered the Filet Mignon of Beef and Macadamia Nut Crusted Monchong. All of our guests are STILL raving about the food ... everything was delicious!! Patrick was our food server and everyone loved him! Merriman's also made our wedding cake ... we ordered the 10" chocolate cake with fresh strawberry filling and vanilla icing, decorated with fresh flowers. Everything was perfect!!
    Kellee Married on 03/11/2014
    I couldn't be happier with our experience with Merriman's! The venue and the staff were impeccable from start to finish. Their Event staff was so helpful through the planning process, I don't know what I would have done without them. The ceremony and dinner were fantastic, went off without a hitch and all of our guests are still raving about the magical day we had.
    Abby Married on 01/15/2014
    The location was amazing, the ceremony was amazing, the reception was amazing, the cake was amazing and the food was exceptional! Everyone raved how much they loved the food here. We were so happy with the location for getting married and having our reception. We will definitely return when we go back to Maui.
    Lindsey Married on 09/29/2013
    My husband and I got married here in September. Everything was perfect. The Merriman's staff was great and you can't beat the views and beautiful location. We got married on the grassy overlook and it was the perfect space for our 25 guest wedding. Highly recommend!
    Sara Married on 10/18/2012
    We got married on the grassy overlook in October 2012. We had our reception at a different location. The staff was very nice and accommodating. Danielle answered all my questions and eased my concerns as i was planning from California. We had a wedding planner who recommended this venue. Very glad i went with this location. My guests had nothing but amazing things to say about the view and ceremony.
    Lorena Married on 04/11/2012
    This was the most amazing meal we had on the island. The cuisine is delicious and creative. We rented the cabana and it was the prefect amount of privacy (the sides can be zipped up if it gets too windy) with an amazing view. We felt like we had the restaurant to ourselves and the service was beyond our expectations.
    Jeanine Married on 07/14/2015
    I love love LOVED having our wedding and reception at Merriman's. Doing it at dinnertime is major bucks, but I thought their pricing was super reasonable for a morning wedding, which is what we did. The food was TO DIE FOR. Probably the best steak I've ever had. The only negative thing I would say is that toward the end of the reception, they had some employees or delivery people crossing through the dining room. However, that is just a small blip in what was otherwise a perfect day. Since they planned, we had basically no setup - just a quick meeting the day before. We were able to do all the rest of the setup via email and I felt taken care of. The location is just super gorgeous. We didn't even get flowers except for the bouquet and pineapples on the table for centerpieces - the location is just so beautiful, it didn't even need anything else. I liked that you can dress your wedding up or dress it down (we dressed it down) and still have a classic, beautiful, memorable wedding. They brought out refreshments to the guests before the ceremony, and were just super sweet and professional. After the wedding, my spouse and I changed into our bathing suits and went swimming in the bay right next to the venue (with the best hair and makeup I've ever worn swimming), and even saw turtles. 10/10 if I could go back in time, would choose get married there again.
  • User2349292 2+ years ago
    Merriman's has a beautiful restaurant and deck or grassy area to have your wedding at. The atmosphere is wonderful, the food is delicious and because it is a restaurant you do not have to get a caterer or bring food in to a location on the island. I had my destination wedding at Merriman's and it was a small but perfect ceremony (20 people total) and we ate at a beautiful table in a lovely tent on their patio. There was really only two issues. One was during our rehearsal which as held in the morning on a Monday, no one greeted us or wanted anything to do with us because I used a private wedding planner and not one of their wedding planners. I have written to them and they have apologized, but it did make me quite nervous about my wedding the day before I was to be married there. Another snafu is that I could not hear my processional music because the restaurant music was up louder than my music and therefore I never heard my music. Our servers were excellent and the venue is beautiful, they boxed up our cake and everything after serving it.
    Kristen Married on 07/06/2013
    Merriman's is BEAUTIFUL. Even if you don't get married here I highly recommend them as a stop during your visit! We only had dinner here (our wedding was on the beach nearby). Our cocktail hour on the patio had a great energy and view! We had a little bit of a wait (there were 3 other weddings during that time as well) but it was totally WORTH IT. The food was DELICIOUS, the ambiance was fabulous, the service was impeccable!

Kristen & Christian (Marana, AZ) wedding 7/13
  • Sarah
    Sarah W. Married on 11/04/2018

Unforgettable Intimate Wedding Dinner

I recently had my wedding dinner with 15 guests at Merriman's in the private cabana and all I can say is it was perfect! Leading up to the big day everyone I communicated with at Merriman's was so professional and friendly, and very organized. My guests raved about the food, we especially loved the chow fun noodles and the kona kampachi... though each dish was incredible.

Merriman's also made our wedding cake, a macadamia nut cake with mango filling and vanilla buttercream... it was simply delicious. The service to our cabana throughout the night was impeccable, and really the star of the show were the mai tais! Best on the island!

My husband and I can't wait to be back to Merriman's, it was a night I will never forget and the food was a part of that :) Also you can't beat the views from Merriman's, just gorgeous. Many of our guests said it was the best restaurant they had ever been to and I have to agree!