Memphis Train Revue Reviews

39 | Austin, TX

39 Reviews for Memphis Train Revue

Amanda Smith · Married on 06/09/2018

Memphis Train Revue - Best Wedding Band

Memphis Train Revue played my wedding in June of 2018 at Barr Mansion in Austin. I can't rave about them enough!! They are the most fun and were a pleasure to work with. They are an incredible band with great talent - our dance party started at 9:30 PM and didn't end until 2:00 AM. They are amazing!

KK · Married on 04/14/2018

Memphis Train Revue was SO MUCH FUN! I didn't sit down once and I don't think anyone else did either. Mark was great to work with with and really went above and beyond to make sure the event ran smoothly. Couldn't have asked for a better group to help us celebrate our wedding :)

Sent on 05/21/2018

Memphis Train Revue's reply:

Thank you for the kind words! While I am sad that I couldn't make the wedding (a virus had me laid up for 5 days, a real bummer), I heard reports from the band that it was a truly fantastic evening. Thanks so much for allowing us to play a role and be a part of your big day!

-Mark

David Veltri · Married on 04/07/2018

Memphis Train Revue - Covers it all!

Memphis Train Revue is an outstanding band that covered all the bases for our daughter’s wedding. Their intro was a great precursor of what to look forward to the rest of the evening. They will modify dress and music to your needs, we asked for black tie/formal and they looked great! There must be ten in the band with all the brass you need to perform a wide variety of music. We chose some Motown and Classic Rock for the adults and the bride selected music for their guests.

Their manager, Mark was very easy and professional to work with. He was attentive to our needs and prepared us for with all of the details needed. It was a pleasure to work with him.

The band was perfect in so many ways, the female singers put their heart and soul into the lyrics and the sax, trumpets, trombones just topped off the group. The entire band is a great ensemble of professionals.

You can’t go wrong with Memphis Train.

dana · Married on 11/04/2017

I still remember what an amazing night my sister's wedding reception was back in 2010. There was something to be said for looking around and seeing nearly every wedding guest on the dance floor. That's when you know the band is top notch. Several years later, when my now husband and I were trying to find the right band for our wedding, we went to Cedar Street to see MTR - not surprising, after the first song we knew we had to have them at our wedding too! Mark was an absolute pleasure to work with from the very beginning all the way up until the big day. Super professional, incredibly patient and so very helpful! I still have the best memories of my 70-year-old dad (NOT a dancer), jumping up and down on the dance floor. If that's not a sign of a successful night and a testament to the band's talent, I don't know what is! Thank you Mark and MTR for making my wedding night truly one for the books!

Ren · Married on 11/04/2017

I've been a wedding planner in Austin for 7 years and always refer my clients to Memphis Train Revue. There is a level of energy and guest engagement that is only possible with a really good band and you can't go wrong with Memphis Train Revue. Their pricing is competitive for a band of their caliber and the behind the scenes level of detail committed to your specific event is unparalleled. It's easy to gather an opinion from watching an online video, but from a wedding planner's perspective there are other factors that are equally important: avoiding embarrassing sound glitches, light show production value, does the emcee know how to pronounce your Dad's name correctly? Memphis Train Revue is one of those bands all your guests will be talking about for months to come

Holly · Married on 10/07/2017

Memphis Train Revue performed at our Oct 2017 wedding and they were phenomenal! They were energetic, professional, kept the dance floor packed and sounded great! They also did an outstanding job with our first dance special request and played us out with "Second Line". Highly recommend them!

Eric · Married on 05/20/2017

Memphis Train Revue was the best wedding band I've ever seen, period. They were incredibly easy to work with and attentive to our needs (e.g. brother of bride playing a song, learning new songs, playlist recs), but more importantly, they had the entire 180 person wedding dancing the entire night. I couldn't imagine a better experience!

Samantha · Married on 03/25/2017

MTR BLEW us away. People were on the dance floor the ENTIRE night. We could not have asked for a better band. They have great energy and we are SO happy we hired them!

Sent on 04/03/2017

Samantha,

Thank you for this wonderful review! I am thrilled that you had such an amazing night. I did notice that you gave the band a 4.5 out of 5.0 for flexibility. Is there anything that we could have done differently or better to earn a 5.0 in that category? Your candid feedback is greatly appreciated as it helps us improve the experience for our future clients.

Thanks!

-Mark Grossman
    Manager, Memphis Train Revue

Sterling · Married on 11/05/2016

My husband and I would absolutely recommend Memphis Train Revue to any couple on the search for an amazing band for their wedding reception. They were an absolute blast and had everyone on the dance floor all night! Mark Grossman is a consummate professional - he was helpful and patient throughout the planning process. He was also key to making sure the night ran smoothly and was a ton of fun for us and our guests. We cannot say enough great things about this band. They will make your wedding unforgettable!

Andrea · Married on 06/18/2016

Memphis Train Revue did our wedding for us at the Bob Bullock in Austin, Texas on June 18, 2016! THEY WERE AWESOME!! They had everyone up on the dance floor in minutes! They learned our first dance song and even did an impromptu last dance song for us. If you can book this band, do it! I still have people telling us how fun the band us (we might have even got to dance on their stage!)

Rachel · Married on 05/21/2016

Memphis Train Revue did a fantastic job at our daughter's wedding! Mark was helpful and responsive throughout the entire process. He did an excellent job in coordinating all of the songs that were important to us. The performers were filled with energy and enthusiasm which kept our guests dancing for the entire evening. We highly recommend MTR!

Sent on 04/07/2017

Memphis Train Revue's reply:

Thank you for the kind words, Rachel. It was a pleasure working with you! Come see us when you are back in town.

I could not understand WHY my daughter was so insistent and willing to direct so much of our wedding budget toward the band, but she was totally right.....Memphis Train MADE the reception!! By the end of the evening, some of the band members were playing their instruments and dancing on the dance floor with the bride, groom and guests. They were so much fun and very professional. I had heard them several times before at Fiesta functions and knew they were good, but, I have to say, they MADE the reception. I highly recommend!!

Memphis Train Revue was everything that everyone said they would be: High energy band with great musicians, extremely professional to work with, very quick to respond to any questions. The band set the tone for my daughter's wedding ---a very fun celebration and people danced the entire time. Mark Grossman made the process so easy from the very beginning. I never worried about this aspect of the wedding---I knew we were in very good hands with MTR.
    I HIGHLY recommend this band!! They were FANTASTIC!!!

Sent on 06/18/2016

Memphis Train Revue's reply:

Wow! Thank you for the kind words! We will continue to work hard to make sure we are worthy of reviews like this.

Memphis Train Revue is awesome! So many of our guests commented on how much they loved the band.
    They sound great and have great energy - very talented group. Mark with AustinMusicWorks was so helpful leading up to the
    event. His experience with wedding receptions was invaluable, and we were so grateful for his input and
    advice regarding the flow of the reception. We hope we get to experience it all as a guest at future parties!

Sent on 09/02/2015

Memphis Train Revue's reply:

Thank you so much for the wonderful review!

Jennifer · Married on 06/13/2015

We got SO many compliments about our band. Our guests are still talking about how awesome they were. Mark was so easy to work with from the start, super nice, accommodating, helpful. I wasn't expecting him to be at our venue all evening, but he was there the whole time making sure everything went well. The musicians were AMAZING, so fun and personal. It didn't feel like they were putting on a show for themselves (like I've seen a lot of wedding bands do), they were there to make sure our guests had the best time possible - and they delivered! I will recommend Memphis Train Revue to everyone! I hope I get to see them at a wedding soon, or even have them play a party sometime in the near future.

gayla · Married on 03/07/2015

They are so awesome to work with and made the whole event!

I may be a little biased since it was MY wedding, but even three months later people are still talking about how much fun they had at the reception. Forget the ceremony, forget the amazing food we provided... no, it is all about the band and the booty shaking that went down. To sum up the comments, "Memphis Train made the wedding the most memorable out of any wedding I have ever been to." And that is coming from parents too. Every so often I will think back to my wedding night and remember how sore my feet were after the non-stop dancing, how my face and belly hurt from all the laughing (especially from the twerk competition!), and the great memories that all my friends and family now share. Do yourself a favor, if you have any type of event that needs live music, make sure Memphis Train is your first call. You will not be disappointed.

P.S. I'm trying to think of new events I can throw just so I can bring them around again!

Addie · Married on 02/21/2015

Memphis Train Revue was truly the reason our wedding was so amazing, stress-free, and memorable!

Mark was incredibly organized from the beginning, always promptly responding to all our emails and asking all the right questions (most we hadn't even though of ourselves!). They were all very professional and eased any concerns we had about announcements, timing, and the day-of schedule.

From the start of the ceremony to the end of the ceremony, their sound was amazing. Honestly, our guests are still, 3 months later, commenting on the band's incredible performance. They did a fun intro for the wedding party, a fabulous rendition of My Girl for the Father/Daughter dance, announced all the big events (cake cutting, garter toss, etc.) really interacted with the audience, and even paraded around the venue for a traditional New Orleans dance called the Second Line.

At the end of the evening, my mom's was just beaming, saying, "I want to be best friends with the band!"

I can't recommend them enough. Thank you Mark and Memphis Train!

Joie · Married on 11/08/2014

WOW!!! What a show!!! This gorgeous team of talent brought their A game to our wedding. They rocked the staged and got everyone dancing. They were fun, classy and had some fun jokes. The only bad part was when they had to stop playing - which wasn't until midnight! We could have danced all night. They were wonderful, I highly recommend you hire them and invite me :-)

Traci · Married on 09/27/2014

I wanted to wait a couple of days before writing as I wanted to be as fair as possible when explaining how great this experience was. This band might be a bit over your budget, but I can assure you if you have family & friends who enjoy dancing, MTR is totally worth the investment. I cannot tell you how many of my guests commented on how great and how perfect the band was for our daughter's wedding reception. AustinMusicWorks was so professional and throughout the planning process, I was very happy.
    After just going through planning for a large, formal wedding, I can tell you the best thing you can do is hire great vendors and MTR would be on my list again. Having a great band is the best investment you can make in your wedding planning.
    Unforgettable was the twerking contest - so much fun!

Lauren · Married on 09/27/2014

Wow! It has been almost a year since our wedding and people are still talking about what a great time they had and what an amazing band Memphis Train is! They are incredible - very talented and have such great energy! We were dancing all night. Very easy to work with leading up to the event - professional and organized. We would highly recommend them for anyone who wants to have an amazing reception experience!

TWO of our daughters have chosen Memphis Train Review for their wedding reception entertainment - one in 2001 and another in 2014. Memphis Train Review delivered outstanding performances both times, keeping the guests on their dancing feet all evening! Mark Grossman was wonderful to work with - he handles all details with utmost professionalism,

Pat · Married on 05/31/2014

Memphis Train Revue was spectacular! Our outdoor reception was warm and muggy, but that didn't bother anyone once they took the stage. They packed the dance floor from start to finish. Everyone loved them!

Pat Thompson
    Father of the Bride
    Dallas, TX

Sarah · Married on 05/17/2014

Memphis Train Revue played at our wedding last month and they were great!!

Besides the obvious talent this band has in their ability to keep people on the dance floor all night, they were also so easy to work with. In the process of planning the wedding Mark, the band manager, was such a huge help in making sure we would get the experience we hoped for!

This band plays so many wedding favorites and are also flexible in learning any songs the bride/groom may want played.

Memphis Train Revue rocked our wedding and I have full confidence in recommending them for any special event!

Sarah Vanderpool