Memphis String Quartet Reviews

24 Reviews for Memphis String Quartet

• Mimi

Mimi Taylor · Getting married on 02/09/2022

They were perfect.

They played for my daughters wedding during the COVID and were very professional. the website was helpful with selecting the music we wanted. They play beautifully.

Sent on 11/09/2020

Margaux Joe · Married on 10/17/2020

Amazing Quartet!

Ann and her trio were absolutely wonderful! She typically plays in a quartet, but we had a trio for our wedding. The music was incredibly beautiful, and she was a dream to work with--very responsive and flexible, and super friendly! I would recommend them to anyone and everyone!

Sent on 11/10/2020

Susan Laverty · Married on 10/10/2020

Wonderful!

I contacted Memphis string quartet and they got back to me very quickly. They were very professional but also very personable and helped us with some selections as well as allowing us to pick some things that we wanted. They played a mixture of classical and more contemporary music and we couldn’t have been more pleased. Our guests kept telling us how beautiful the music was!! I would hire them again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 11/24/2020

Devon · Married on 04/28/2018

I loved this beautiful group and Ann has been a joy to work with. The music was absolutely stunning. . They have been incredibly flexible and responsive and made all my dreams come true of having strings at my wedding. Ann was incredibly helpful with the music selection, too. The only recommendation I would have is if the ceremony is outside and you have a large crowd, you may want a pa system so the people in the very back can enjoy the beautiful music. Everything else was perfect!!

Sent on 06/14/2018

Gina · Married on 11/11/2017

The Memphis String Quartet is just amazing. Our daughter's reception was held at the Dixon Gallery and Gardens on November 11, 2017. Their musical selections were perfect for our event. Our guests were so complimentary of their performance. They were lovely to work with from the very beginning. We felt so fortunate that they were part of such a special day in our lives.

Charlotte · Married on 10/21/2017

Ann Lessing, our cellist, and our fine violin player were just remarkable! They arrived early, played for the entire event, (including photos) and the music was divine! We were so fortunate to have such talented, professional, and (heat-resistant) Musicians play for our small family wedding in the Park - their lovely music made the event very special and memorable.

Logan · Married on 10/21/2017

Ann and Memphis String Quartet were fantastic to work with. Prior to the wedding, Anna was very responsive to my emails and answered all questions that I had. They played beautifully at the wedding and were definitely a hit with the crowd. They followed my music selection perfectly and were able to create the perfect ambiance for when I walked down the aisle. They are incredibly professional and talented. I would highly recommend them!

Logan · Married on 10/21/2017

Garrett · Married on 10/14/2017

The Memphis String Quartet exceeded my wife and I's expectation for our wedding. The wedding coordinator and cellist Ann Lesser was wonderful to work with in coordinating location, times, and music selections. We had specific music selections, as well, and the Memphis String Quartet wonderfully handled the music and played exquisitely. We specifically wanted to walk down the aisle for the recessional to Edith Piaf's "La Vie En Rose" and it was so moving that my wife and I remained at the back of the wedding so we can hear the musicians finish the song. It was my wife and I's dream wedding and the Memphis String Quartet were an integral part to making our wedding something we will always treasure and remember.

Laurie · Married on 09/15/2017

Ann was wonderful to work with! The Memphis String Quartet has a wide-ranging repertoire of music from which to choose. Their lovely presentation of the wedding pieces added so much to my daughter's special day! I highly recommend them!

Sent on 09/25/2017

Mike · Married on 08/26/2017

The Memphis String Quartet was great and very easy to work with. They were very accommodating and their talents impeccable. Their music added a such a great touch and made my daughter’s wedding beautiful. I highly recommend them for your events.

Cathy · Married on 07/08/2017

Our total experience during the planning phase and on the Wedding Day with Memphis String Quartet was absolutely wonderful!

Sent on 11/16/2017

The Memphis string quartet absolutely made the wedding ceremony amazing! It set the tone for the entire wedding! Working with Ann was wonderful- she answered my questions quickly and they were ready and on time that night! Such a professional and talented group of musicians!

Sent on 01/25/2017

Barbara · Married on 08/06/2016

Ann was wonderful to work with. The music was amazing. Many guests told us it was the best music they had ever heard at a wedding. My only regret is I don't have an audio of the music to listen to now. I would definitely recommend them!

Sent on 10/12/2016

Grace · Married on 06/18/2016

Memphis String Quartet was incredibly easy to work with, and our ceremony music was beautiful. We had an outdoor wedding, and I didn't want recorded music. This was a perfect choice!

Sent on 07/17/2016

Ann was wonderful to work with and the quartet played so beautifully during my ceremony! Ann was always quick to respond and so friendly, and the website for the group was really helpful. I was able to listen to samples on their website and they had a bunch of songs listed that they could play (as well as notes about what part of the ceremony they worked best for) which helped me make my music selections. I also really liked being able to use the forms on their website to submit my booking request and submit my music choices. When picking my ceremony music, I found a classical music piece that they didn't have listed but that I really wanted to use and Ann and the other players did indeed know it and were able to include it with my other selections, which was great. They were very easy to work with, provided their own sound equipment (I just needed to get them chairs, which was easy), and they looked very neat and professional. The music was beautiful and just the thing for our spring wedding.

Sent on 05/13/2016

Mitchell · Married on 12/12/2015

We had a beautiful performance by Memphis String quartet for our wedding ceremony, They were very professional and easy to work with. They made our day very special, and we would hire them to do it again. I highly recommend this quartet for your wedding. You will not regret it.

Sent on 01/22/2016

Memphis String Quartet's music helped to make my wedding ceremony extra special. They worked with me on picking out traditional and contemporary pieces. They are completely professional and friendly. Their music is so beautiful and they are masters at their craft. I could not have been more pleased. I have always wanted string music at my wedding and it was just perfect. I highly recommend them.

Sent on 01/29/2016

Joette · Married on 10/03/2015

Elegant addition to the ceremony! Highly recommend for any wedding event. Very professional talented musicians.

Sent on 10/06/2015

Steevon · Married on 12/19/2014

They gave my wedding a special and classy touch. People are still talking about how great the music was months later.

Sent on 09/15/2015

Alex Fountain · Married on 10/24/2020

Incredibly talented and easy to work with!

This group is so professional and talented. I would highly recommend working with them if you can! Our wedding was supposed to be outdoors, so unfortunately with a drizzle we had to move inside for the instruments, but that's the chance that can happen with outdoor weddings! Overall, cannot say enough great things about Ann and this quartet group. They are also so responsive and easy to work with the entire time. Incredible work!

Sent on 11/23/2020

Everything from our initial inquiry, throughout the booking and song selections, to the day of the wedding, was so easy with Memphis String Quartet--it was stress free! They even learned/played a special request for my bridal march. I wish I had asked that they play until everyone was seated for the mother's/grandmother's seating instead of playing only through the end of the piece to ensure there wasn't a moment of silence before the seating was complete (even if that meant playing the piece through second time) and playing through communion instead of only playing the piece once (the organist picked up after they had finished playing the piece).

Sent on 02/01/2016

4.2
      2.5

Great music for our special day!

Sent on 09/07/2015

Mike · Married on 03/21/2015

4.2

Great job that was well received by our residents.

Sent on 09/21/2015