Memphis Botanic Garden Reviews

28 Reviews for Memphis Botanic Garden

1 User photo

Memphis Botanic Garden 1

Angela · Married on 06/10/2017

Working with the staff at the Memphis Botanic Gardens in Memphis, TN was awesome. They made sure we had everything we needed with no problem. The Goldsmith's Auditorium has been renovated and very warm and breathtaking. Our color scheme was turquoise, cream and chocolate. The pictures in the garden and by the waterfall all turned out perfect. We chose the perfect venue for our wedding and reception. Corey and Angela (6/27/2010)

Sent on 07/13/2010

Kara · Married on 06/09/2017

This could not have been a better experience! Everyone at the Botanic Garden was wonderful and helpful :)

Sent on 07/04/2017

Caitlin · Married on 03/11/2017

The major storm of May '17 knocked out the power, but Haley was able to help pull it off seemingly without a hitch! It was lovely and she was easy to work with. Absolutely a pleasure.

Sent on 07/10/2017

Anne · Married on 12/10/2016

Working with Haley at Memphis Botanic Garden was a dream! Haley is efficient, professional and very detail oriented! She helped us to plan and then executed everything that we had discussed. Haley had wonderful ideas and was extremely helpful throughout the entire wedding planning period. I didn't worry about anything the day of the wedding knowing that Haley was overseeing everything. She even sent me a picture so that I could see how the venue looked before we got there. I highly recommend Haley as a fantastic coordinator for any event!

Sent on 02/03/2017

Julie · Married on 10/22/2016

Great venue for my daughter's wedding - it was gorgeous!! Haley at MBG was very easy to work with!

Sent on 02/08/2017

Mana · Married on 08/30/2014

Loved everything about this venue! Jennifer was amazing to work with. She was very helpful and flexible in working without very unique multi-cultural wedding. She streamlined much of the process by helping coordinate with many other vendors.

Sent on 09/23/2014

Stefanie · Married on 03/05/2010

All it took was a phone call a few months ahead and we were able to get the garden of our choice on the date we wanted.

Sent on 03/07/2010

Married · Married on 05/14/2011

On May 14, 2011 I got married at this beautiful garden. We didn't pay anything but the entrance fee. Our family & friends joined us along with the minister and photographer. We have great pictures & priceless memories. In todays recession saving money is my goal.

Sent on 10/28/2012

K · Married on 05/20/2017

Haley at the Botanic Gardens was fantastic! Extremely responsive. They worked with us and were very flexible. We ended up changing our date after booking the venue and they worked with us to adjust everything. There were a few more costs than we initially realized upfront because all rentals and alcohol must be provided through the botanic garden.

Sent on 06/28/2017

Lucy · Married on 04/29/2017

Throughout the planning process, Haley responded to my emails within 15 minutes and answered all of my questions! The morning of the wedding, we unexpectedly had to move the ceremony to BG and Haley worked with the MoH to find us outdoor space, rent chairs, and set up the area in less than 5 hours. I took a star off value because the alcohol was expensive and not very flexible. The margaritas were delicious but the white wine was not cold and they did not serve the beer we had decided on. Their new standard dance floor is beautiful though.
    Overall, Haley and BG turned what could have been a disaster into a beautiful day.

Sent on 07/06/2017

Jennifer Lorraine · Married on 07/05/2009

My wedding was so beautiful!!!! The Memphis Botanic Gardens is an ideal place to get married. The Japanese Garden is one of the prettiest places I've ever been! We choose to get married with the audience facing in the lake. Swans swam by during the song...it was magical! I highly recommend!

Sent on 07/21/2009

Misbah Maaheen · Married on 08/15/2015

3.5

Jeniffer Hamblin is great work work with. She is very professional and answers all the questions you have and is very responsive.

I had my wedding at Botanic gardens and we loved everything about the venue. We already read that you have to ask all your questions to them in detail which is exactly what we did. Right from the beginning, Jennifer was very clear about what is included in the rental, what isn't. We went to Botanic gardens a lot of times to figure out stuff and they always welcomed us and answered our questions.

It was a bit pricey since we had to bring everything on our own (Service, plates, etc.) Although we used an approved caterer, we were charged $2 per guest as it was not a caterer on their list, would be great if they change their policies and waive that $2 fee off.

We got lucky as there were no other events planned earlier on that day and our decorator got more time to decorate. Overall the venue is really really beautiful, makes a great place for pictures. The place has so much personality in itself. Couldn't imagine getting married elsewhere. We had a big fat Indian wedding and Botanic gardens was a perfect venue for us.

Sent on 08/31/2015

Anne · Married on 04/01/2017

The Botanic Garden was a great venue for us. We enjoyed the setting sun during our ceremony in the Rose Garden. We had great flexibility with what we needed from the venue, and Haley was a huge help and pulled some things together for us fairly last minute. Thank you!

Sent on 04/18/2017

Stephenie · Married on 07/30/2005

This venue was very flexible for letting me come in frequently to look at the gardens and reception hall to plan for my event.

Sent on 11/06/2007

Bri · Married on 05/26/2018

3.5

Beautiful garden. Friendly, prompt, accommodating staff. Accessory items (chairs, tram, etc.) are a little pricey compared to the garden wedding ceremony price. The day of, everyone was super helpful but some things and places were hard to find. I suggest scoping it out and setting up a meeting with a rentals coordinator prior to your rehearsal weekend. I couldn’t, as I lived 4 hours away, but I think it would’ve been helpful.

Sent on 06/10/2018
    Memphis Botanic Garden 2

Mary · Married on 06/09/2012

4.2
      2.5

A little pricey. We paid $600 for an hour and then had to pay an extra $75 to use the bridal room. You would think that would be included in the price.

Sent on 06/17/2012

3.0

I loved it! Absolutely beautiful venue!

Sent on 04/09/2015

Sengngeune · Married on 05/05/2012

3.5

Beautiful venue if flowers are in full bloom. Staff are nice...only downside is you can't bring in your own alcohol and not a fully equipped kitchen....

Sent on 05/10/2012

Kathy · Married on 09/18/2011

3.6
      3.0

Botanic Gardens is beautiful but pricey. Not a fan of outdoor weddings to chancy for bad weather, not their fault. Service was good I got everything I asked for. Jennifer was professional and made some helpful suggestions, but hard to contact. Room was beautiful and large, policies are extremely strict.

Sent on 09/27/2011

Cassandra · Married on 01/02/2016

3.4
      3.0

Very beautiful venue. A lot of extras on top of the base price for decorating. Slightly stressful to get it all organized and didn't feel comfortable with the plans until the last minute. Would recommend but be prepared to spend more money than what is originally discussed.

Sent on 08/29/2016
  • Krystle

Krystle · Married on 06/09/2012

2.0

It was a beautiful place to get married at and lots of great photo ops! Price was a little steep for a 30 minute ceremony but it is what it is. They couldn't find our check that paid our balance, and yes, we did bring it but they did find ultimately find it. Other than that, I loved everything about getting married at MBG!

Sent on 06/10/2012

Jennifer · Married on 04/13/2008

3.0

The place is beautiful but they are on a strict schedule and there's not much leeway in times. Also, my rental coordinator was not helpful at all with things as simple knowing if there were power outlets near the garden I chose. The experience was great except for not returning calls (even though I only called a few times the entire planning process), strict times, and little help. It sure was beautiful though!

Sent on 06/05/2008

crystal · Married on 10/07/2012

2.8
      2.5

Botanic Gardens is a BEAUTIFUL venue, but it comes at a price. You will be nickeled and dimed for EVERYTHING! The dance floor-extra. The tram-extra. To use the newest pavillon-extra. There is a cost to rent the reception hall and a separate price for the wedding ceremony. You must use their bar services, which are pricey. Flexibility- forget it. The rules are the rules!
    The event coordinator is nice enough, but more than likely over-worked with not enough help. She never seems to really have the time to deal with you- always seems rushed to "get it over with", whether it's a phone call or a meeting, in order to move on to the next task.
    I'm sure this is ideal in many settings, however, when a bride is spending thousands of dollars, the last thing you want to feel is rushed or like you are being bothersome and hindering another task from being done. Don't bother leaving a message- none of my calls were ever returned! You will do much better with email (maybe), otherwise just keep calling until you get her (after all, you're just planning a wedding). Closer to your wedding date, you will get called to confirm details, but don't look for much else.
    Also, make sure your rain alternative is REALLY available (if doing an outdoor ceremony). Luckily, it did not rain on my wedding date, since another event was going on in the lobby which was my designated rain spot.
    On the plus side, they do have 8 bistro tables for use at no charge, the brides room is nice (though it was not cleaned from the previous wedding on my day), and it IS a pretty venue and will make for great pics.

Sent on 10/22/2012

megan · Married on 09/17/2016

2.4
      2.0

I read the mediocre reviews and booked my wedding a Memphis botanic garden anyway because we love botanic gardens and it was just gorgeous. Problems with the wedding day: 1) Our cocktail tables were set up in the corridor right by hardin hall reception room but they were having a kids halloween event in the morning and people we setting their things on them and using them. 2) they were having a huge kids halloween event and some large outdoor event with bouncy castles and a loud MC/band. We were not aware of this and I have an awesome wedding planner who knows the staff - and even this was a surprise to her too. 3) Thank goodness I had an awesome wedding planner so as we're lining up to go down the aisle outside and their stage was obnoxiously loud she could call them and they turned it down for the ceremony. 4) I really wanted to take pictures in the back of the garden/Japanese garden, but there was another wedding over there so that part was off limits.

I think overall I would have my wedding there again. We had 2 ceremonies, one outside and one in the atrium and the reception in hardin hall. It was a gorgeous day and the pictures look great (and we didn't have to drive anywhere else to take them). They let us have a horse and carriage in the front for our indian ceremony without problems and we were allowed to cater in Indian food. This surprise other events occurring during the day does not seem to be unique to my wedding so I would without a doubt say it would be VERY difficult to have a wedding here without a wedding planner or wedding coordinator of some kind.

Sent on 11/20/2016

Lynn · Married on 04/29/2017

2.2
      2.5

While the venue was beautiful, there were several improvements needed. We experienced: bar ran out of selected beers and water bottles, our "day of" wedding planner was MIA most of the time period she was paid to be there for us. She was with other potential customers, could not locate her when help/direction was needed, left us with little direction about what was to happen when her "shift" was over. We experienced inclement weather, which we all knew was a possibility; when the bad weather approached, it was up to us and our guests to move everything inside. I felt like tables should have at least been set up so that the move was easier and our guests didn't have to pick up large items. We were told by our "day of" planner that she would direct the gifts brought to the venue to be placed in a locked room. This was never done. When we packed up that night, there were only a few gifts in that room. I got a phone call the next morning that all the gifts were still at the FRONT DESK, unmonitored and I could pick them up. :( We are not even sure that we received all the gifts brought to the ceremony. Lastly, our same "planner" told us at our consultation that we could use certain vendors. We were told at the last minute that this was not the case and we would have to use vendors only supplied by Botanic gardens, instead of our approved caterer and florist. This was an additional charge by Botanic and the increase in price was substantial. We were also charged for additional café lighting that was not used. We were over quoted and all the lights were not used. I disputed this and our "planner" said I was wrong.

Sent on 06/28/2017