Memorial House in Memory Grove Park Reviews

1 User photo

Memorial House in Memory Grove Park 1

Heather · Married on 05/07/2009

3.0

I loved the Memorial House in Memory Grove Park! It was a beautiful venue for my wedding day. Carolyn is so sweet, and very helpful. She made everything fall into place. I was really bummed when I found out that she wasn't going to be there on the day of my wedding, since she had put in a lot of hard work to make everything come together.
    When my day finally came, I really wished Carolyn was there. A girl by the name of Jessica was in her place, and the day was stressful. Jessica just hung out in the brides room, so I felt that I didn't have MY room, and privacy with my bridesmaids, and to get changed. Then I noticed that the white chairs Carolyn and I discussed to be put around the reception tables were not there. Instead I had the ugly chairs I specificly said I didn't want. To top it off, Jessica was very unprofessional. She YELLED at me during the time of my photographs, over something that was out of my control. Saying it is my responsibility to handle the situation at hand since I signed the contract! WRONG! If she looked at it, she would have known, my father signed the contract since he was paying for it. Secondly, it is MY wedding day, you do your best to avoid talking with the bride and groom, let them have their day. Thirdly, since she wasted 30 minutes of my time, she caused us to be behind, thus, making us pay extra money to all of our other vendors.
    So, Memorial House is a great place to do you wedding as long as it is Carolyn the whole way through. She was amazing! If Jessica is in charge, I say RUN!
    Thank you Carolyn for all of the hard work you put in to my wedding. You truly were great and very helpful. My day was really nice.

Sent on 01/29/2010

Jaclyn · Married on 06/04/2016

I'm so glad we chose MH as our venue! It was the perfect setting for our wedding. The only issue we had was that the AC couldn't quite handle our June event, but that is a common issue with historic properties. Staff was very helpful and great to work with.

Sent on 06/27/2016

Miranda · Married on 05/17/2013

4.2
      3.5

Beautiful venue, and a very unique spot right in the middle of downtown Salt Lake. We got so many compliments on the location and building! I definitely suggest maps along with the venue address, for some reason most GPS systems took guests to the back gate in the canyon, which is locked.
    Working with Carolynn before the wedding was great, she responded to emails quickly and had a lot of good advice. My only complaint was that the attendant on duty during the reception didn't seem to have any clue as to the details we had worked out before the event, like when to break down tables, whether to dim the lights, etc., and had to come ask me in the middle of the event.. but it really wasn't that big of a deal at all. I'd recommend.

Sent on 05/30/2013

4.2
      2.5
      3.5

This venue was perfect. They were helpful and professional. Had was friendly and helpful, providing extra information proactively as we needed it. The venue was beautiful and parking was not an issue. Besides a great reception, they arranged for us to use the house to change clothes for our bridal portraits which were taken in the park. It lived up to all my hopes. Thanks.

Sent on 12/11/2015