Memorial House in Memory Grove Park Reviews

31 Reviews for Memorial House in Memory Grove Park

• Mackenzie

Mackenzie Garrison · Getting married on 04/06/2022

Beautiful, friendly, perfect

The venue was beautiful and was the perfect size to accommodate my guests. The staff was so friendly and easy to work with. They went the extra mile to ensure that my day would be everything that I wanted. The grounds and building were so photogenic and were the perfect backdrop for our event. Would highly recommend this venue to anyone needing a picturesque location for an event.

Sent on 07/20/2020
  • Kristina

Kristina · Married on 10/18/2019

Perfect Venue for a Perfect Day

Great venue and a great price (they even included a set amount of linens as part of the package.) The venue was perfect for my wedding of 170 guests, and the park made for some incredible pictures. On top of that they were very accommodating with whatever I needed for my big day. Elizabeth was quick to reply to every question and solutions to every problem. She even handled my chaotic family with finesse. Highly recommend this venue.

Sent on 10/23/2019
  • Leah

Leah · Married on 06/01/2019

Doesn't get more beautiful than Memory Grove!

The Memorial House was our dream venue. Dawn was amazing to work with--always prompt in answering my many questions & totally professional.
    We picked the venue because of it's close proximity to downtown which made it accessible to out-of-town guests and honestly, it doesn't get more beautiful than Memory Grove. We held our ceremony in the south lawn which was in full bloom--no florals needed! The reception space was perfect for our 110 guests--everyone had enough space to move around & dance without feeling crowded yet it still felt intimate. The space also has built-in ambiance due to the fireplace, light fixtures, and hardwood floors--I loved that vintage vibe!
    I also loved that it was a one-stop shop for AV needs. We rented a sound system & uplights to create a party feel. It was really nice not to have to source those things ourselves.
    I highly recommend Dawn & the Memorial House. Your wedding will be beautiful there!

Sent on 06/14/2019

Mauricio · Married on 05/26/2019

Amazing venue to host a lovely outdoor ceremony!

Having our outdoor wedding ceremony at Meditation Chapel was the best thing we did! We wanted to book a ceremony venue great views and surrounded by nature while at the same time close enough to the downtown where our reception was going to take place. This was by far the best decision we did for our wedding day! Dawn and her team where so welcoming, professional and lovely to work with. She was always responding to all of our needs and questions and our special ceremony day couldn't have been better! We had the choice to host it indoors if it rained but fortunately it was very sunny on that day and we were able to have it outside. Thank you Dawn+team for making this day truly special for us!! 100% recommended!

Sent on 06/18/2019
  • Maximillian

Maximillian Gonzales · Married on 04/14/2019

Perfect Location

Memorial House in Memory Grove ended up being the dream venue we didn’t know we wanted or needed. It was perfection! It has all the charm you would want with a more vintage styled venue with the natural scenery of Memory Grove as the backdrop. Dawn was a dream to work with in getting all the details nailed down perfectly! We were filled with continual questions and requests and Dawn handled each quickly and thoroughly. The venue included a lot more for a smaller price tag than most venues and it didn’t come at the expense of quality or execution. Staff was on hand the day of our wedding and made the extra touches absolutely perfect! We can’t say enough about how happy we are with the way our wedding went at this amazing venue! We also want to say the staff and venue overall were amazingly inclusive and supportive of our LGBTQ+ community. It was an honor to have our wedding at a venue that made our day feel special just like any other wedding! Thank you for being inclusive!!

Sent on 06/19/2019

Misty · Married on 12/27/2018

Excellent experience

Had a beautiful reception there! Loved every part of it. Easy set up with their help!

Sent on 01/31/2019

Laura · Married on 06/16/2018

Katie was helpful when asked!
    Us not knowing all options from details, colors, napkins, table covers, runners etc. she was very shy to offer much help unless asked felt somewhat lost at times.

Sent on 07/04/2018
  • Molly

Molly · Married on 05/19/2018

I LOVED having my reception at the Memorial House. Katie was really responsive and explained everything so well. She helped with mapping out the setup and was easy to work with. The venue is beautiful and the location is great. They help with a gate attendant so your guests can park close. I am very happy with my experience and my choice.

Sent on 05/21/2018

Kate · Married on 07/01/2017

A beautiful venue. Very classic and everyone loved it. Their team was easy to work with and we really enjoyed our experience with them.

Sent on 07/07/2017

Grace · Married on 07/16/2016

Thank you Memorial House so much! Everything ran so smooth from ceremony to end of reception! Beautiful location, and great staff. My day was special because of you!

Sent on 07/30/2016

The memorial house did an amazing job with helping me create my perfect wedding! I couldn't have done it without them!

Sent on 12/23/2015

Celita · Married on 11/13/2015

Memorial House was awesome. We had a great time, were able to enjoy ourselves, our families had a great time and no one had to do much. The staff was very helpful. We loved it!

Sent on 12/18/2015

Heidi · Married on 10/24/2015

Memorial House and Memory Grove are beautiful places for a wedding and reception, no matter the time of year. It was especially beautiful for our fall wedding, and the space is naturally beautiful which allowed us to get away with minimal decoration and still have a great party atmosphere.

Sent on 12/16/2015

Amanda · Married on 10/21/2015

The Memorial House in Memory Grove Park made my wedding day dreams come true. My grandparents had their wedding reception there 60 years ago. My grandfather passed away two months before my wedding. I was happy to share this memory in the same place. This venue is pure elegance. It is a blank canvas to make your wedding come to life. Jada Lindblom was very helpful with any questions we had about the venue. I did not question once their organization. It was the best decision to have my wedding there. On October 21, I walked in to the Memorial House with tears in my eyes knowing that my dream wedding was becoming a reality.

Sent on 12/23/2015

Amazing! Jada Lindblom, the event scheduler and planner was so great to work with and does exactly what you want. The place was beautiful and it made for a very special wedding day.

Sent on 10/30/2014

Megan · Married on 09/06/2014

Not only is Memorial House an absolutely beautiful venue, but the experience of working with the staff was exceptional. I had my wedding and reception there in September and from start to finish, it was an extremely positive experience. The staff go above and beyond to help you any way that they can (shout out to Jada!) and anytime I had a question, concern, or change, I always had a quick reply. My family and friends all commented on how perfect the venue was and how professional the staff were. Seriously, this place is dreamy and the staff are so nice and easy to work with. I'd have another event here in a heartbeat!

Sent on 12/08/2014

Rick · Married on 06/14/2014

First of all, this is the perfect venue in a perfect setting. From the time we first met the staff, they were very accommodating and nice. Everything worked out great and speaking as a "Father of the Bride", this was perfect for my daughter and new "son-in-law"! I recommend anyone considering this venue to book early. It will make a beautiful lifetime memory!

Sent on 06/16/2014

This venue turned out to be PERFECT for our March wedding. Sure, the leaves weren't quite bloomed but parking was plentiful, dogs were allowed to roam freely in the venue, and the lighting in the beautiful building turned out absolutely gorgeous! And it's wonderful that it's a historic building - makes me feel like the venue rental fees are going to a great cause :)

Sent on 07/23/2014
  • Alexandria

Alexandria · Married on 12/13/2011

The Memorial House is absolutely wonderful when it comes to your wedding. The are very professional and help you out with anything you need. They always contact you to keep updates to see how everything is going. They help to make the day go by smooth. They participate in the wedding to make sure everyone knows what they need to do. They have amazing experience and they make the place look absolutely amazing.

Sent on 01/10/2012

Aimee · Married on 10/19/2011

Memorial House is wonderful to work with! They manage everything at a good price. The atmosphere is historic and charming. It doesn't need a lot added to it and I couldn't have asked for anything else in a venue!

Sent on 07/09/2012
  • nessrozo

Vanessa · Married on 04/25/2009

It was the perfect venue for my reception! Carolynn is great to work with and they truly have a beautiful venue in a gated park with a garden room wood floors for dancing and a large grand hall with a fireplace for dinner seating. It truly my made event! I couldnt have been happier!!

Sent on 05/11/2009

Kristy · Married on 10/21/2015

Memorial House has special meaning to us because my parents had their wedding there over 60 years ago. The fact that the venue still has that old time charm yet classic timeless beauty for my own daughters wedding is incredible. The staff was amazing to work with and the ambiance cannot be beat. Lucky us!!!

Sent on 12/17/2015

Kaylene · Married on 09/10/2016

I absolutely loved the Memorial House in Memory Grove. The staff was excellent and made our wedding day so perfect. They responded quickly to emails when I had questions and they let us come look at the venue multiple times so we could make décor decisions. It was a little pricey yet cheaper than most venues I had looked at. But it was perfect. You have the option of outdoor and indoor which is what I loved. Our ceremony was outside and the reception was in the house. It was beautiful and the staff is very professional. I loved it!

Sent on 12/14/2016

Beth · Married on 03/12/2015

I was a nice atmosphere. Friendly staff and genuine concern for making sure the big day was worry-free. Nothing went awry and I am thankful for Memorial House.

Sent on 03/19/2015

The Memorial House is a beautiful setting for a wedding reception! I love the old wood work and the beautiful hardwood floors. I also love the amazing French doors- each of which we had open during our reception. I wanted a venue that was relatively a blank canvas that I could decorate and make my own, and this was it. I did all the décor elements myself, I even rented chairs from another rental company to complete my vintage look. The park looked beautiful as well. Exactly what I wanted for my reception!

Sent on 10/10/2014