Memorial House in Memory Grove Park Reviews

1 User photo

Memorial House in Memory Grove Park 1

Misty · Married on 12/27/2018

Excellent experience

Had a beautiful reception there! Loved every part of it. Easy set up with their help!

Sent on 01/31/2019
    Memorial House in Memory Grove Park 2

Laura · Married on 06/16/2018

Katie was helpful when asked!
    Us not knowing all options from details, colors, napkins, table covers, runners etc. she was very shy to offer much help unless asked felt somewhat lost at times.

Sent on 07/04/2018

Kate · Married on 07/01/2017

A beautiful venue. Very classic and everyone loved it. Their team was easy to work with and we really enjoyed our experience with them.

Sent on 07/07/2017

Grace · Married on 07/16/2016

Thank you Memorial House so much! Everything ran so smooth from ceremony to end of reception! Beautiful location, and great staff. My day was special because of you!

Sent on 07/30/2016

The memorial house did an amazing job with helping me create my perfect wedding! I couldn't have done it without them!

Sent on 12/23/2015

Celita · Married on 11/13/2015

Memorial House was awesome. We had a great time, were able to enjoy ourselves, our families had a great time and no one had to do much. The staff was very helpful. We loved it!

Sent on 12/18/2015

Heidi · Married on 10/24/2015

Memorial House and Memory Grove are beautiful places for a wedding and reception, no matter the time of year. It was especially beautiful for our fall wedding, and the space is naturally beautiful which allowed us to get away with minimal decoration and still have a great party atmosphere.

Sent on 12/16/2015

Amanda · Married on 10/21/2015

The Memorial House in Memory Grove Park made my wedding day dreams come true. My grandparents had their wedding reception there 60 years ago. My grandfather passed away two months before my wedding. I was happy to share this memory in the same place. This venue is pure elegance. It is a blank canvas to make your wedding come to life. Jada Lindblom was very helpful with any questions we had about the venue. I did not question once their organization. It was the best decision to have my wedding there. On October 21, I walked in to the Memorial House with tears in my eyes knowing that my dream wedding was becoming a reality.

Sent on 12/23/2015

Amazing! Jada Lindblom, the event scheduler and planner was so great to work with and does exactly what you want. The place was beautiful and it made for a very special wedding day.

Sent on 10/30/2014

Megan · Married on 09/06/2014

Not only is Memorial House an absolutely beautiful venue, but the experience of working with the staff was exceptional. I had my wedding and reception there in September and from start to finish, it was an extremely positive experience. The staff go above and beyond to help you any way that they can (shout out to Jada!) and anytime I had a question, concern, or change, I always had a quick reply. My family and friends all commented on how perfect the venue was and how professional the staff were. Seriously, this place is dreamy and the staff are so nice and easy to work with. I'd have another event here in a heartbeat!

Sent on 12/08/2014

Rick · Married on 06/14/2014

First of all, this is the perfect venue in a perfect setting. From the time we first met the staff, they were very accommodating and nice. Everything worked out great and speaking as a "Father of the Bride", this was perfect for my daughter and new "son-in-law"! I recommend anyone considering this venue to book early. It will make a beautiful lifetime memory!

Sent on 06/16/2014

This venue turned out to be PERFECT for our March wedding. Sure, the leaves weren't quite bloomed but parking was plentiful, dogs were allowed to roam freely in the venue, and the lighting in the beautiful building turned out absolutely gorgeous! And it's wonderful that it's a historic building - makes me feel like the venue rental fees are going to a great cause :)

Sent on 07/23/2014
  • Alexandria

Alexandria · Married on 12/13/2011

The Memorial House is absolutely wonderful when it comes to your wedding. The are very professional and help you out with anything you need. They always contact you to keep updates to see how everything is going. They help to make the day go by smooth. They participate in the wedding to make sure everyone knows what they need to do. They have amazing experience and they make the place look absolutely amazing.

Sent on 01/10/2012

Aimee · Married on 10/19/2011

Memorial House is wonderful to work with! They manage everything at a good price. The atmosphere is historic and charming. It doesn't need a lot added to it and I couldn't have asked for anything else in a venue!

Sent on 07/09/2012
  • nessrozo

Vanessa · Married on 04/25/2009

It was the perfect venue for my reception! Carolynn is great to work with and they truly have a beautiful venue in a gated park with a garden room wood floors for dancing and a large grand hall with a fireplace for dinner seating. It truly my made event! I couldnt have been happier!!

Sent on 05/11/2009

Kristy · Married on 10/21/2015

Memorial House has special meaning to us because my parents had their wedding there over 60 years ago. The fact that the venue still has that old time charm yet classic timeless beauty for my own daughters wedding is incredible. The staff was amazing to work with and the ambiance cannot be beat. Lucky us!!!

Sent on 12/17/2015

Kaylene · Married on 09/10/2016

I absolutely loved the Memorial House in Memory Grove. The staff was excellent and made our wedding day so perfect. They responded quickly to emails when I had questions and they let us come look at the venue multiple times so we could make décor decisions. It was a little pricey yet cheaper than most venues I had looked at. But it was perfect. You have the option of outdoor and indoor which is what I loved. Our ceremony was outside and the reception was in the house. It was beautiful and the staff is very professional. I loved it!

Sent on 12/14/2016

Beth · Married on 03/12/2015

I was a nice atmosphere. Friendly staff and genuine concern for making sure the big day was worry-free. Nothing went awry and I am thankful for Memorial House.

Sent on 03/19/2015

The Memorial House is a beautiful setting for a wedding reception! I love the old wood work and the beautiful hardwood floors. I also love the amazing French doors- each of which we had open during our reception. I wanted a venue that was relatively a blank canvas that I could decorate and make my own, and this was it. I did all the décor elements myself, I even rented chairs from another rental company to complete my vintage look. The park looked beautiful as well. Exactly what I wanted for my reception!

Sent on 10/10/2014
  • User2082230 · 2+ years ago

3.5

Memorial House is a beautiful location. We had a lot of compliments on the setting. It was also a pleasant experience with the staff. Carolyn Bottino does an excellent job organizing and relaying information. I would recommend this location to prospective brides and event coordinators.

Sent on 07/18/2012

Jen Brown · Married on 03/02/2019

Review of Memorial House

We had such a great time at this venue. From the very beginning Dawn was such a dream to work with. She was so cute and sweet and I loved her. When we arrived the day of they wouldn’t let us through the gate until 3:00 which meant by the time we drove to the house and got our cars unloaded and ready we were 10 minutes behind. Which isn’t a lot but when you need every minute it was kind of a bummer. I would recommend you pay for the extra hour to set up to get in there sooner. If Dawn is involved, it is amazing and you are so well taken care of. There was another host on the day of our wedding (after Dawn left for the evening) who was actually, kind of rude. She ignored guests who asked questions and never even looked at me or asked how we were doing. We had the venue until 10 and she started cleaning up at 9:45 and was not nice about it. It didn’t impact my night at all and I would go back there in a heartbeat for another occasion. People were so impressed with the setting and how pretty it was. They flipped our rooms so quickly and very stealthily. It was so great. I only have two 4 stars because of that one girl.

Sent on 03/03/2019

Heather · Married on 05/07/2009

3.0

I loved the Memorial House in Memory Grove Park! It was a beautiful venue for my wedding day. Carolyn is so sweet, and very helpful. She made everything fall into place. I was really bummed when I found out that she wasn't going to be there on the day of my wedding, since she had put in a lot of hard work to make everything come together.
    When my day finally came, I really wished Carolyn was there. A girl by the name of Jessica was in her place, and the day was stressful. Jessica just hung out in the brides room, so I felt that I didn't have MY room, and privacy with my bridesmaids, and to get changed. Then I noticed that the white chairs Carolyn and I discussed to be put around the reception tables were not there. Instead I had the ugly chairs I specificly said I didn't want. To top it off, Jessica was very unprofessional. She YELLED at me during the time of my photographs, over something that was out of my control. Saying it is my responsibility to handle the situation at hand since I signed the contract! WRONG! If she looked at it, she would have known, my father signed the contract since he was paying for it. Secondly, it is MY wedding day, you do your best to avoid talking with the bride and groom, let them have their day. Thirdly, since she wasted 30 minutes of my time, she caused us to be behind, thus, making us pay extra money to all of our other vendors.
    So, Memorial House is a great place to do you wedding as long as it is Carolyn the whole way through. She was amazing! If Jessica is in charge, I say RUN!
    Thank you Carolyn for all of the hard work you put in to my wedding. You truly were great and very helpful. My day was really nice.

Sent on 01/29/2010

Jaclyn · Married on 06/04/2016

I'm so glad we chose MH as our venue! It was the perfect setting for our wedding. The only issue we had was that the AC couldn't quite handle our June event, but that is a common issue with historic properties. Staff was very helpful and great to work with.

Sent on 06/27/2016

Miranda · Married on 05/17/2013

4.2
      3.5

Beautiful venue, and a very unique spot right in the middle of downtown Salt Lake. We got so many compliments on the location and building! I definitely suggest maps along with the venue address, for some reason most GPS systems took guests to the back gate in the canyon, which is locked.
    Working with Carolynn before the wedding was great, she responded to emails quickly and had a lot of good advice. My only complaint was that the attendant on duty during the reception didn't seem to have any clue as to the details we had worked out before the event, like when to break down tables, whether to dim the lights, etc., and had to come ask me in the middle of the event.. but it really wasn't that big of a deal at all. I'd recommend.

Sent on 05/30/2013