Melvin Gilbert Photography Reviews

50 | Los Angeles, CA

50 Reviews for Melvin Gilbert Photography

Audrey · Married on 02/24/2017

My fiancé and I had our engagement photos taken by Melvin. He was AMAZING!! Where to even begin? The price was very reasonable. Melvin was extremely easy going and “there for us.” The day that we were supposed to take our photos (outside) it rained. Melvin suggested driving back the next day JUST FOR US! We could not believe it! The photos turned out beyond what we had imagined. He was so easy to get along with, professional, and very knowledgeable about poses and photography. We are VERY happy with our photos and experience! We definitely recommend Melvin!

Daniel · Married on 04/08/2016

Melvin Gilbert is the best wedding photographer on earth. I've been to many weddings before and those photographers cant even compare. I booked Melvin because he was so easy to work with during his consultation plus he worked with my budget which is a plus. During the wedding, he was motivated on capturing every moment. He was very interactive which made it fun and easy to pose for him while making everyone feel comfortable. As soon as he showed up, in fact, he showed up well before he was scheduled, he began taking pictures no questions asked. My wife and I are beyond satisfied with his work and would recommend him to everyone. We believe we got 10 times more than what we paid for so if you're looking for a wedding photographer, look no further and book him immediately.

Mindy · Married on 04/01/2016

Melvin was so accommodating and helpful. He eased my stress level greatly! Thank you so much! The photos turned out more beautiful than I anticipated and he has a real talent for capturing all the little moments and nuances.

Michelle · Married on 03/13/2016

We worked with Melvin for our engagement photos. He made everything so easy and fun. Always kept us laughing and very clear on the poses he wanted. His work is amazing. We are so in love with the photos he took. I would hands down recommend him to anyone.

Jennifer · Married on 12/12/2015

My fiancé and I just finished our engagement photo shoot with Melvin yesterday and I have to admit, I was a bit nervous at first before starting the session...but the moment he started shooting, I just felt completely comfortable around him. He definitely knows what angles would look good with each of us and I love how he goes for the more romantic and candid shots. My fiancé and I also decided to do a 2nd engagement shoot with Melvin in a few weeks since I wasn't too thrilled about the windy weather and he was more than happy to do another shoot for us! If he wasn't already amazing enough, he sent us our photos this morning! Talk about fast!

Thanks Melvin for everything! We can't wait to do the 2nd shoot and we're so glad that we booked you to shoot our wedding day as well! =)

Kristine · Married on 08/29/2015

Melvin is very professional and creative. Melvin worked with my fiancé and I schedule and he was very responsive to my emails. He made my fiancé and I comfortable when we were nervous.
    We are very happy with our engagement pictures. We are excited and have full confidence we will have the same outcome for our wedding pictures.

gracelyn rose · Married on 08/08/2015

Melvin gilbert!!!!! My husband and I cant thank him enough on our engagement photoshoot! We first met Melvin through solano 888 videoproduction for our wedding this august 1. (By the way check them out too!) Instantaneously, as we started working with Melvin, he completely made us feel comfortable. It was more like a friend taking photos of us rather then a professional photographer. He was able to capture our moments and most importantly he was able to capture the true us with a simple click on his camera. We loved every minute of it!!! Hes very encouraging because we we're a little shy at first, but later on it just became natural. And as a photographer Melvin sees every detail needed to get a great shot.

We had a 3 attire photoshoot, a formal, semi formal, and casual in LA....because we wanted to capture where we are from...and Melvin sure captured the beautuful architecture of the walt Disney concert hall, the mark taper forum, and the beautiful buildings of LA.

Seeing Melvins other work, we were hooked on his images becuase we knew he do this for us....and no disappointments at all! We believe as a up and coming professional photographer, Melvin has a bright future ahead of him and know that he will do amazing things throughout his career. We are so blessed to have met him and only look forward to our big day this summer!

Thank you from the bottom of our hearts melvin!

Michelle · Married on 06/20/2015

Had an awesome engagement shoot with Melvin Gilbert on July 30th! My fiancé and I are not picture people, we rarely take regular pictures let alone professional ones. Working with Melvin was so easy and effortless. Not only is he very professional but he is super funny as well, this made the process enjoyable! He made us feel comfortable during the entire process. He listened to our ideas as well as provided us with great suggestions for locations, styling, and how to pose for pictures. Melvin went above and beyond for us and we are truly grateful! He was able to get our photos to us in record time so we could have our save the dates made and sent out asap. I was in tears to see how wonderfully our photos turned out. We can't wait for the wedding day to see what additional magic Melvin will capture for us! Thank you Melvin, you are awesome!!

Sephina · Married on 04/25/2015

We love working with Melvin. Great photographer! Very passionate with what he does. He is very easy going making the photo session went super fast and relaxed. The end results are great. We love love love our pictures.
    Thanks so much!

Alex · Married on 04/25/2015

It was a pleasure working with Melvin. We did a session when my daughter was a couple of months old, and again recently at 3+ years old. He's very easy going and energetic. He makes it fun taking pictures. Even my daughter had lots of fun getting her pictures taken. Will definitely use him again for future kids.

Tony · Married on 04/25/2015

Just had an awesome family photo session with Melvin! He is super awesome. He's so easy to work with, funny and very creative. It didn't feel like a photo session because it was so much fun! Our pictures turned out to be fantastic and we cannot stop looking at it. Highly recommended for all things photography. Will definitely use him in the future sessions!!!

Boaz · Married on 11/24/2013

Melvin gets five stars, and that's saying something considering he hasn't even gotten to the main job that we hired him for yet! My fiancee and I were looking for wedding photographers, and found some very good options but felt immediately comfortable and excited to work with Melvin. There's something inherently warm and sweet along with intelligent and creative that you immediately sense when you meet with Melvin, and that translated perfectly into our engagement shoot which he recently published. Not only was it a fun day, but he really made it more fun. When many photographers place you it feels like a chore, when he does it somehow just made us laugh and feel at ease. He's the perfect package of personality along with quality artistic photographs, and we're confident that it will be just as magical for our upcoming wedding pictures!

UPDATE - Our wedding went off BEAUTIFULLY, and every member of my family raved about Melvin and his crew. We've gone through weddings for each of my older siblings, and each of them have resulted in photographers who left no mark or impression, or at least not in a good way. Melvin's demeanor and personality put people at ease, everyone liked him instantly, and the initial photos we've already seen are magnificent. A+ for Melvin!

Carrie · Married on 11/02/2013

It has taken me a while to write this review (my husband and I got married in November) because I was waiting to see if a little dream of ours would come true…and it did! Largely because of Melvin and his amazing photography skills. What dream, you ask? Making it onto Style Me Pretty!

Melvin was the consummate professional on our wedding day, but our relationship didn't start there. My mom and I met Melvin at a bridal expo at the very beginning of the wedding planning process. We took one look at Melvin's portfolio and knew we had to have him. We hired Melvin to do our engagement photos and wedding photography, and I'm so glad we did! I'm not going to lie, it can be a little awkward to have someone taking a million pictures of just you. But Melvin had us laughing and comfortable after the first picture. He was great at suggesting poses and the pictures all came out looking natural. After our engagement session, we knew we had made the perfect choice for our wedding photographer.

As for the wedding day, I couldn't have asked for anything more i. When Melvin was standing in front to us taking pictures, he was fabulous…but half the time I never even knew he was there, and we had pictures of EVERYTHING! He and his second shooter were present without being intrusive, which is a huge deal when it comes to actually being able to enjoy your wedding day. And, as you'll see from the post on Style Me Pretty, his pictures are FLAWLESS! If you are considering hiring Melvin, consider no more. DO IT!

Mony · Married on 09/29/2013

Melvin is the MAN! His humble personality, creativity, and energy is amazing! We discovered Melvin at The Queen Mary bridal show and from then on we have been fortunate enough to have him as our engagement and wedding photographer.

On the wedding day, he met my husband and his groomsmen to take pre wedding shots at The Hotel Fullerton. He came early and took great shots at the hotel room, in the lobby, and outside in the parking lot. All of the guys appreciated his down to earth personality and his guidance with each snapshot. Then he came to the venue and did the same for the bridesmaids. He had us posing in a way where it was natural and not forced. It definitely shows in the pictures. They came out beautiful! To be honest, I was a little worried about having just one photog and not getting all the moments, but he came through for us. One of the wedding guests referred to him as a "ninja." One second he was taking a picture of us in the courtyard and the next he was up on the second floor taking a top view. Wow!

He worked his MAGIC like he said he would during the reception. He was everywhere and even went above and beyond by taking table pics and wedding guest group pics because we asked. We can't thank him enough for capturing all the special moments of our day. To top it all off, he finished editing the wedding images earlier then expected and put together a wedding photo montage as an added bonus. Seriously?? Can he be anymore great?! I watched the montage at work and tried to hold back the tears. Melvin is such a storyteller that I was able to relive the day and feel our love coming through with the images.

Thanks Melvin for everything!!! We truly enjoyed your company and having you as our photographer.

cinthia · Married on 09/14/2013

Melvin is great we had an amazing time he made me and my fiancé feel comfortable and we had a blast couldn't be happier with his work. My fiancé and I had no idea what we where doing but he guided us throughtouf the session. Really great job thank you .

Gilbert · Married on 01/02/2013

Melvin was extremely professional in our session! Great communication with us throughout the entire process! Look forward to seeing the final results of our shoot. Thanks Melvin for the great experience for our engagement photos

Ashley · Married on 01/02/2013

Had our engagement shoot with Melvin last weekend and couldn't be happier with our experience! Melvin gave us great tips on posing and was very detail oriented. He did a great job of capturing the moment. None of the cheesy engagement or wedding photos I see all the time. Can't wait to see the rest of the photos!!!

Monica · Married on 12/14/2012

We cannot say enough about Melvin and his outstanding work on our engagement photo shoot in San Jose! He was very patient with his two completely novice “models”. Thankfully, Melvin was very good with instruction, posing us and getting great picture ideas as we moved from location to location…(in the rain…and wind...and cold!). We were impressed how he took our playful suggestions during the shoot and made them work. He has an exceptional eye for how to use colors, lighting, and angles. The dock pictures, indoor hallway pictures… just fantastic. Melvin was professional throughout our long shoot, but he also managed to show great enthusiasm. His excitement about the pictures he was capturing was very contagious; it really helped us relax and kept up our energy throughout the photo shoot. When it appeared that we were going to lose the evening light, Melvin even offered to meet us a few days later at a new location to capture a few more shots… right before he was to head back to LA. However, he was able to work with the lighting conditions and got some awesome shots by the boats on the dock and with the Christmas lights (and he kept us from falling in the water!). We hope we can get him for our wedding, and we are highly recommending him to all of our friends. Thanks again Melvin!

Sent on 12/18/2012

Melvin Gilbert Photography's reply:

You're welcome Monica! Thank you both for the fantastic day and this wonderful review! It was great to work with you! Even with the weather doing its own thing, it was just so wonderful to capture your loving moments! I wish you both the best! Thank you again!

Melvin is amazing! We didn't know him when we scheduled our engagement photo session but he made us feel very comfortable during the shoot. He was funny, posed us and gave us tips, told us what to do, and the pictures were beautiful. He has a really great eye for positioning you in certain ways, noticing certain angles, and really has a way of capturing the beauty of the surroundings and appreciating the buildings/backgrounds resulting in great pictures. Plus he's really quick (I'm amazed we got some really beautiful shots in less than an hour), doesn't make you do the same poses over and over, and really has a talented eye. Everything turned out better than we could've expected and I would not hesitate to hire Melvin for any photography needs. Thank you Melvin!

Sent on 05/10/2012

Melvin Gilbert Photography's reply:

Thank you Joraine! It was a great experience to be able to work with you and your fiance for your engagement session! You two are wonderful together and I couldn't have been happier than to get those great shots for you! Thank you again and I wish you all the best for your future together.

Krysten · Married on 09/22/2012

Melvin gilbert is the best. Me and my husband took amazing pictures for our engagement and our wedding ceremony and reception. Melvin is professional and is the best person for the job.

Sent on 10/19/2012

Melvin Gilbert Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Krysten! You both made it easy for me since you both look so wonderful together! Thank you for letting me be a part of your beautiful engagement and wedding day!

Corey · Married on 09/19/2012

Melvin did an outstanding job on our engagement photo shoot, really made us looks like superstars. This guy knows his stuff. Had a great mix of instruction and patience. He did a wonderful job framing the shots, really took our suggestions well, took great care in setting up the lighting and props. Really impressed with his post-processing and editing. The final session photos he delivered looked like they were out of a fashion mag. Anyone looking for a photographer, this is your man.

Sent on 12/18/2012

Melvin Gilbert Photography's reply:

Thanks Corey! You two did look like superstars that day, but that was all you guys lol. You are a great couple and both of you looked fantastic all on your own. You made it easy to get great shots. Thanks for letting me have the great experience of working with you both during your engagement!

Aislynn · Married on 08/04/2012

Melvin was incredibly awesome! The quality of his pictures are outstanding, he was very flexible with us and willing to do whatever pictures we wanted, and on the day of our wedding he was able to take charge and place people where they needed to be placed in order to get the pictures taken under a time crunch. We flew him to Durham, NC for our wedding - he has no problem commuting across the country and is very flexible about it, even though we put him on a red eye flight! The value of his services is awesome too - we were able to pay for his flight plus the photography wedding package for less than the price of high-quality photographers in Durham! It was truly a pleasure working with Melvin and I would recommend him hands down to everyone I know getting married.

Sent on 10/22/2012

Melvin Gilbert Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Aislynn! It was truly a pleasure to work with you and your wedding was beautiful! I appreciated you flying me out there to be a part of your special day. You made me feel very welcomed and choosing me right away was a great feeling for me as a photographer as well. Thank you for the great memories. You both were so happy and great to work with!

Melvin was very easy to work with and walked us through the whys and hows of the best posing techniques by showing us his photos as we went along. He's also very sweet and responsive which helps when it comes to getting your picture taken! We loved him!
    ---Patrick

Sent on 08/06/2012

Melvin Gilbert Photography's reply:

And I loved being able to work with you! It was truly a pleasure and it was great to be able to work with such a happy couple! Thank you so much for the awesome experience!

Melvin Gilbert Photography is the best photographer we have came across during our wedding hunt. You can tell that Melvin takes extreme pride in his work and delivers such impeccable quality. Melvin always answered any questions me and my fiance' had. Melvin was really professional, but a pleasure to be around as well as very personable. The value of his work is very reasonable. It was a real pleasure to work with him on our engagement photos and I look forward to see what our wedding photo's will look like.

Sent on 07/24/2012

Melvin Gilbert Photography's reply:

It was such a pleasure to work with the both of you as well! You both looked wonderful and made everything easy for me too! I can't wait to be able to work with you again on your special wedding day! I look forward to seeing you soon!

Cristina · Married on 06/09/2012

My husband and I felt in love with the quality of Melvin's pictures. We love how he captures the moments. During the process of planning our wedding, Melvin kept in touch with us and immediately answered all my calls. For our engagement pictures, he made both of us feel comfortable and gave us directions to take great photos. On our wedding he came with two photographers and captured every moment. We have so many photos and everyone is always giving us compliments on our pictures. Also, we were able to see a sneak peek of the pictures right after our wedding. Melvin is an amazing photographer to work with and we are going to recommend him to friends.

Sent on 07/23/2012

Melvin Gilbert Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Cristina! I had a great time being able to capture those special moments! You both made it a great experience and I loved working with you. It's great to hear that you are happy with your pictures as well! Thank you again!