15 Reviews for Melrose Caverns Inc.

Uncovered Outdoor (6)
Outside Cake (1)
Outside Alcohol (1)
Chairs (1)
15 Melrose Caverns Inc. Reviews

We came all the way from Baltimore to have our wedding at Melrose Caverns and it was well work the drive! it was stunning in the spring time and has all of the amenities a wedding needs! it really was a perfect weekend! I am a fairly easy going person and didn't want to do a lot of pintrest projects for the wedding and with this place I really didn't need to! All you need are some centerpieces and a friend with good handwriting and you are good to go! I went with the whole package and I felt it was definitely worth it. We stayed at the renovated farm house and it was also a fantastic place for us out of towners. Our friends brought their baby and we were able to have fun in the finished basement without any disturbance to our other guests who were sleeping. Could not recommend this place more. Melodie took things over the day of the wedding and I felt completely at ease with her running the show.

Profile Picture Sophie, 5/20/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Linens, Parking, Scenic Views, Uncovered Outdoor, Outside Vendors, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Set Up

Melodie was great to deal with right from the beginning . All our guests loved your venue and we couldn't have asked for any better place to have our ring ceremony! Thank you ♥

Profile Picture shweta, 4/27/17, 8 Reviews
4.7

Well it rained on my wedding day, but it was more wonderful than I could have planned for. Melodie and the rest of the staff were easy to work with and very accommodating. Having access to the venue for the whole weekend is very unique and provided a great opportunity to have rehearsal dinner and practice for the impeding rain indoors. We loved having the ceremony and reception in one location and my guests and vendors had nothing but great things to say about the rustic nature and history of the property. They have so many decor and set up options you can really make your day special! Still re-living the event over and over again!!

Profile Picture Kayla, 4/22/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Melrose Lodge and Caverns was the perfect venue for our wedding! The venue was the essence of rustic sophistication. I was so glad my husband and I chose the Dream Package which included set-up/take-down of tables and chairs, decor options, and many more features - this was a great time and money saver. This (nearly) all-inclusive option was far more reasonable than many other wedding venues in Central Virginia and the Shenandoah Valley. Our guests were absolutely enamored with the beauty of the venue and surroundings, and it made for amazing pictures! We were also very pleased that the adjacent farmhouse had been renovated prior to our event - it served as a lovely housing option for a group of out-of-town family members. Last but certainly not least, Melodie (Event Manager) was a pleasure to work with and very patient with a million questions from a nervous bride. A+ all around - thanks again, Melrose! - Ashley & Travis

Profile Picture Ashley, 4/15/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Linens, Indoor, Scenic Views, Uncovered Outdoor, Parking, Outside Vendors, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Set Up

Reasonable pricing with 3 package options. Beautiful location a friendly people to work with.

Profile Picture User5403455, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

To any couple considering a Harrisonburg-area or Shenandoah Valley wedding, I would highly recommend Melrose Caverns. I simply can't imagine a better setting for a wedding. The stone lodge is unique; the surrounding cow pastures are stunning (and entertaining sometimes, especially when the cows get rowdy), and the Valley itself gives you great weather. Melrose Caverns doesn't need any dressing up, in my opinion. If you're looking for something really posh or modern, then maybe it's not for you, but if you want character and natural beauty, then this venue is for you. Working with Melodie at Melrose was a dream, and the caterers had no problem using the prep kitchen or setting up a buffet table (there is a breezeway perfect for serving lines). I am very pleased with my own wedding at Melrose (7.2.2016), and I think if you see it for yourself, you'll fall in love.

Profile Picture Ellen, 7/2/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Melrose is a beautiful historic venue in the Shenandoah Valley. It was the perfect price and style for our wedding. The venue was unique, and our guests raved over it. Even the grandmas were impressed. We had the venue for the entire weekend from Friday at noon till Sunday at noon, which made it easy to set up and tear down our decor. It was also really nice to have the ceremony and reception in one place. This was the perfect place for our wedding of about 130. We loved this venue so much. It had everything we were looking for on avery specific venue requirements list - an onsite bridal suite, indoor bathrooms, Civil War history, beautiful locations for photos, rustic but not too rustic, inexpensive...the list goes on! Melrose is a beautiful venue. If you're in the Valley, you need to check it out.

Profile Picture Brooke, 6/11/16, 11 Reviews
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Bridal Suite

May 21st, 2016 was our wedding day. After searching so many venues I stumbled across Melrose caverns. I was hesitant at first because it was 3 hours away from where we live. I went with my now mom in law to visit and see and we both fell in love. Everything about the place was perfect. We booked the place a year and half before we got married so it changed and became even more wonderful. Melodie was more than helpful and always answered my million questions. The day of was more than I could of asked for. It was so beautiful and every single one of my guests talked about how beautiful the venue was. Melodie and her intern were so wonderful and helpful the day of. It was also so very helpful to have the place for the whole weekend. We were able to set up on Friday and have a reherseal on the property. It was also nice to be able to pick up all of our stuff Sunday so everyone didn't have to load stuff in cars the night of. Just everything about this place is wonderful. I cannot recommend this place enough!!

Profile Picture Crisan, 5/21/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our wedding at Melrose Caverns Lodge last month and I can't rave about this venue enough! It is absolutely stunning! I loved having access to the venue for the weekend - we were able to set up on Friday so that the girls and I just relaxed while we had our hair and make-up done on-site Saturday morning, and Sunday we stopped by and packed up our things. Melodie, the manager, is very easy to work with and was very responsive throughout the planning process. Our wedding day went very smoothly and I know she is the reason. The venue is gorgeous, and our guests are still talking about how pretty the location was.

I couldn't be happier with my experience at Melrose Caverns. I highly recommend!

Profile Picture Melissa, 4/30/16, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Indoor, Linens, Parking, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Set Up
4.7

I got married a week or so ago at Melrose, and everything was perfect! We had a beautiful day with the most beautiful venue.

Profile Picture Alison, 10/24/15, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Linens, Parking

My husband and I got married at Melrose two weeks ago, and we could not have asked for a better experience! The beautiful scenery and warm fireplaces where the perfect backdrop for our fall wedding and reception. Melodie was super helpful throughout the planning process with recommending local vendors. She was also there throughout our wedding weekend to help with setup and tear down. Everyone that attended our wedding kept saying what a beautiful and unique venue it was, and we tend to agree! Thanks for making our big day so special!

Profile Picture User4530490, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Set Up, Linens, Parking

My husband and I had our wedding at Melrose Caverns on September 5th. It was absolutely breathtaking. We received excellent service and were incredibly grateful for the opportunity to have our wedding here. Melrose Caverns made our wedding the most memorable moment of our lives as we began our journey together.

Profile Picture User5491102, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Outside Cake, Outside Alcohol, Chairs, Linens

My husband and I were married at Melrose about two weeks ago, and we just cannot get the smiles off our faces when thinking back on that day. Melodie was so easy to work with throughout the entire planning process, and naturally, she was an absolute delight to have around to help before, during, and after the wedding. The set-up of the ceremony and reception sites completely surpassed my already-high expectations. Furthermore, Melodie’s husband, Don, officiated our ceremony, and I am STILL getting compliments on the joy he put into it. Thank you to the entire Melrose team for running our day so smoothly.

Profile Picture User5418297, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Melrose Caverns was an amazing location for our venue. We loved everything and would do it all over again. Melodie is fantastic to work with. They continue to make improvements and we are so excited to have a new fun connection to such a beautiful place.

Profile Picture Beckie, 8/15/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Melrose Caverns was such a gorgeous venue for our wedding. Melodie was so helpful with everything we needed. We had a wonderful time.

Profile Picture Adria, 5/12/12, 3 Reviews