Melrose Catering Reviews

24 | Brea, CA

24 Reviews for Melrose Catering

24 Melrose Catering Reviews

Gail · Married on 04/15/2017

The nice thing about using Melrose Catering is that you do all the rentals through them as well. We served salmon & chicken & they also have a vegan option that we served as well. The food was good & the table set up was really nice.

asa · Married on 04/07/2017

absolutely amazing service!! Very nice work!!

Alicia · Married on 08/20/2016

I would definitely recommend Melrose Catering!! Laura and Melrose catering were all very professional at our wedding anniversary reception. Since Laura made sure that everything prior to the event was take care of even the ice for the bar, I was stressed-free on our day.. The staff always made sure the tables were clean and cleared never saw a dirty plate, they were almost like ninjas lol!

Monica · Married on 06/30/2016

Melrose Catering was an awesome choice for our wedding! We worked with Laura  for our April 2016 wedding. From the start she was great! Our tasting was fabulous and she was just super fun to be around - she really made it a great experience which was part of why we chose them! The food at the tasting was delicious! My husband and i stuffed our faces! It was all so good! We got married at a location that didn't have a kitchen so I was a little worried about how all the food would transfer and taste the day of. It was just as good as I remembered!! We had so many compliments on it and that it was hot!! Not cold like most weddings! Working with Laura and Melrose Catering was great! They were super easy and accommodating. We really appreciate it and would highly recommend them to anyone!

Aimee · Married on 04/29/2016

Melrose was great! After the wedding I heard from guests about how great the food was. The price was extremely reasonable, and all the staff were super friendly and professional. I also loved the detail that they ensured the bride and groom were served first and had a chance to eat, before it became impossible for us to do so. Thank you Laura!!

I absolutely loved Laura!!! She's the coordinator for the catering company and owner as well.
    I can't say enough good things about her because the list is long!!
    She is so detailed and organized about her work n delivers with her team nothing but the best
    I think food and presentation is everything at a wedding and everyone loved the food! The servers are so professional
    And organized, they execute with elegance and professionalism. I would say if you are looking for good tasting food, but also elegance and poise
    Melrose Catering is it. Also, my venue had a limited amount of space and had never had a sit down dinner event
    Only buffet, but Melrose worked their magic and were able to deliver even under the limited space so thank you for that Laura!

Cam · Married on 09/25/2015

Melrose Catering catered our wedding and we couldn’t have made a better choice! We wanted a casual fun affair with food to remember. That is exactly what Melrose delivered. Everything was up front and honest. From the very beginning, Laura (manages the business/planning aspect) was responsive and an ease to work with. She was never more than an email or phone call away, always ready to listen, give suggestions/ideas, and most importantly to make.things.happen! She was very accommodating to any ideas and changes. Nour (Chef) created a delectable meal that our guests still rave about. Post wedding, upon seeing friends and family, the first thing they complimented on was “THE FOOD!”. Guests have commented on every single flavor down to the seasonings on the vegetables and savory sauces on the meats. It’s quite a badge of honor when your guests are posting pictures of your wedding from your dress to your hor’dourves on social media. In addition, Melrose staff was professional and kind. At the end of the night, I inquired with the staff captain and she assured me that everything was covered and that there was nothing more I had to do but to simply enjoy.

It was one thing to plan but to actually have the whole event come together was magical. On the actual day, along with my Day of Coordinator, Laura and her team took absolute care in working through of all the details ensuring that we never had to hear/deal with any of the hiccups.

How fitting that our wedding was curated by such a hardworking and devoted couple. Laura and Nour are a dynamic duo that show their passion through their craft. It doesn’t get any better than that folks! Many thanks to Laura, Nour and the Melrose Catering team!

Victoria · Married on 06/07/2015

Laura was wonderful to work with, and her team served our guests a feast to remember. Let's start with what it's like to work with Laura and the Melrose team: Laura is warm, easy-going, and clearly knows her stuff. In addition to hiring Melrose to cater our wedding, we hired Laura as our day-of coordinator. She took care of everything--coordinating the vendors, knowing where every little thing should go, knowing when to cue what music and what relatives. And the food: Months after our wedding, our friends are reminding us how delicious and memorable the food was. We served a Moroccan menu, family style. It was fun, flavorful, healthy, varied, beautifully presented, and delicious. Laura worked within our budget, and we couldn't have been happier.

Sarah · Married on 03/21/2015

Laura at Melrose Catering was so nice and accommodating. She was always honest and very understanding. Everyone loved the food and service at our wedding! VERY delicious!!

Marissa · Married on 09/20/2014

Thank you Laura!! We loved the food for our wedding day in Sept 2014. We chose the Italian Buffet and could not have asked for a more delicious meal. From the appetizers to main course everyone was Stuffed! :)

I can't thank Laura and the staff enough for the service and the delicious food they provided. The guests could not stop raving how delicious the food was and how beautiful everything looked from the canopy, tables, buffet tables, service, etc. Laura always responded in a timely manner, if not immediately and always put me at ease. If one is throwing an event and wants an excellent full service catering, then hire Melrose Catering. I will definitely hire them again! Melrose Catering made our wedding day a special day.

Hillary · Married on 04/26/2014

I highly recommend Melrose Catering for the food, service and professionalism. Laura worked with me as the caterer and day-of coordinator. I my opinion she communicate well, was very accommodating, patient and friendly. Her staff was very pleasant, helpful and hardworking. My guests made many compliments about the staff, Laura the coordinator, and the bartender Paul. It was generally felt that the whole event went smoothly. As the main attraction with my groom it felt like complete chaos at the time but EVERYTHING that was important to me happened as I wanted it to and some things turned out even better than I had planned.

Scott · Married on 06/04/2011

Melrose Catering exceeded all expectations, they are true professionals. With so much to worry about on the wedding day, Laura and her fabulous Chef and staff allowed us to relax and not think about the catering or set-up. We also had Laura act as our on-day coordinator which was a fantastic decision. We received tons of compliments on the food and service and couldn’t be happier with our choice. Thank you for making the day wonderful.

Crystal · Married on 06/04/2011

Laura and the entire staff at Melrose Catering are fantastic. We had Melrose handle food and rentals and couldn’t be happier with the results. They took the worry from us and allowed us to enjoy the special day. The entire process from first contact to wedding clean-up was done with the upmost professionalism. Thank You!

Rocio · Married on 05/29/2011

I worked with Laura from Melrose Catering for our wedding and had a great experience! Guests praised the food and though I didn't get to eat much, the sampling I had was delicious. We expected we wouldn't get to eat that day, so I'm glad we had the tasting! Laura was also kind enough to pack appetizers for us to take home, so we got to dine on the goodies for a few days after the wedding.

We wanted an all-appetizer event, with a relaxed and informal atmosphere, where guests could graze on a variety of nibbles throughout the night. Laura worked with us to create the event we wanted, instead of pushing us toward a standard buffet or formal sit-down set-up. The appetizer stations were a big hit and people enjoyed being able to get whatever they wanted, whenever they wanted. It really added to the fun vibe of the day, and I'm so happy we did it.

We'd looked at other catering companies and Melrose was the clear winner. Their prices are great, their options are varied and their staff was on the ball at the event. The Melrose team was bussing, serving and even moved tables for us during the event, which was super nice. Most importantly, they listened to what WE wanted and executed it well.

Jay · Married on 04/30/2011

I attended my best friends wedding few weeks ago, Melrose Catering did the food, and it was just exquisite, plentiful and beautifully displayed, the servers were on top of their game and everything went smooth.
    I will definitely be calling on these guys next time we cater an event.

MARINA · Married on 10/23/2010

Melrosa Catering was the best!!! The food was delicious, My guests had the New York Steak and the Chicken Florentine, All night they raved about the food, The owner Laura is so wonderful and sweet, I highly recommend Melrose Catering simple fact there food is delicious. TRUST ME YOU WON'T BE SORRY!!!!

Sofya · Married on 09/04/2010

They are truly wonderful! Laura is the one who organizes everything and she's very sweet and a pleasure to talk to. She's very helpful and even offered some suggestions on how to cut costs. She was very responsive to all our questions/requests, gave us suggestions on where to cut costs, and even let us bring in our own dessert and alcohol (saved tons of money and not a lot of caterers will let you do that).

The day of the wedding she was very helpful, her staff was WONDERFUL, very polite and well dressed. They did an incredible job. They also did a great job of cleaning everything up so we got our full refund back.

Best of all, our guests LOVED the food, it was delicious!!! We got the salmon and the chicken, and everyone kept telling us how great it was :)

Ashley · Married on 07/10/2009

Melrose is a hidden gem. When I first looked into my venue they had an "exclusive" caterer which basically meant that you had to go with that company and they could pretty much charge whatever they wanted because your business was guaranteed. Not good. I really wanted that venue so I changed my wedding date to a weekday to avoid the "exclusive" caterer and their absolutely OUTRAGEOUS cost. Then I found Melrose. It is run by a husband and wife team (she runs the business aspect, he's the chef) who are wonderful to work with. You feel as if you are dealing with a small company in their helpful attitude and warmth but have all the perks of a larger catering company. The food was FANTASTIC and there was a lot of choice. The rental package included with the food was affordable and right on-trend; not a lot of extra charges for different styles etc. We really felt so confident with this company that I even had Laura (the wife half of the team) coordinate as well and she is great. Overall everything ran smoothly, we got so many compliments on the food, and their prices really can't be beat.

Daniel · Married on 10/22/2016

We were highly impressed with set up and clean up, very little effort required from us. The food was delicious. I would absolutely recommend this company.

ellen · Married on 07/22/2016

My husband and I were looking for a catering company we could use for our wedding. We found Melrose Catering on Yelp and we are SO thankful we chose them. We reached out to Laura and set up a tasting appointment. They were responsive and we were able to find a time that worked with all of our schedules. We tried 6-7 hors d'oeuvres, two main entrees, bread, and salad as part of our tasting. They were all so delicious it was tough choosing which ones we wanted at our wedding. We ended up getting the bruschetta and chicken empanadas for our tray-passed hors d'oeuvres and the short rib & salmon for our main entrees. All of our wedding guests only had positive things to say about the food! We are so thankful we chose Melrose because we definitely wanted to have delicious and memorable food at our wedding and Melrose was able to do just that :)

Not to mention, Laura worked hand in hand with our rental company to ensure we had all of the rentals we needed. This relieved stress on our part because it was one less vendor to deal with. Laura and her team were all very professional on the day of the wedding. They were prompt, reliable, and friendly. We are thankful we could work with Laura because she is patient, understanding, and flexible to our needs.

We will definitely keep Melrose in mind for any other catering events!

We absolutely loved using Melrose Catering for our wedding reception. The food was amazing, and everyone loved it. For receptions, the typical "wedding food" is not really flavorful or all the great, but they did a great job. I definitely recommend the Taco Bar! The servers were nice and friendly which made a big difference.

Renee · Married on 10/11/2009

Melrose did a great job at our wedding. The chef is wonderful and the food was just as delicious at the wedding as it was at the tasting! Laura and her staff are a pleasure to work with. She accommodated all of my specific requests and always got back to me right away. I would definitely recommend Melrose to others.