Melissa Shontz Photography Reviews

18 | Oakmont, PA

18 Reviews for Melissa Shontz Photography

Kimberly Munger · Married on 09/21/2019

Our Dream Wedding

I had previous history wish Melissa. She did my daughter's wedding 3 years ago. I was impressed with her pictures and couldn't believe how beautiful they were. Well I got married this year and hired her. She was on top of everything. I never had to tell her more than once the date, time and venue. She was there early, set up and got to work. She took the most breathtaking, beautiful pictures. We've had nothing the compliments and people asking for her name and number. Not only did we get beautiful pictures but she put together a book of 55 pictures that were our favorites.

Sent on 01/21/2020

Hannah Kahn · Married on 11/03/2018

Melissa Shontz Photography

Melissa was an amazing photographer! We had a lot of fun posing as a couple and with the bridal party. She made all of us feel beautiful and look beautiful. We will be able to look back on our wedding pictures and see that we had a beautiful day. She truly captured the best of us!

Sent on 12/03/2018

diane · Married on 08/11/2018

Pittsburgh's finest wedding photographer

We had an outdoor music festival style wedding for my daughter. Melissa was professional calming creative and kind. The photos were top notch and she made the day fun and simple. I would highly recommend her for any event especially if you are concerned about dependability. Perfect in every way.

Sent on 12/16/2018
  • Mary

Mary Staples · Married on 08/04/2018

Friendly and Fantastic!

She was super easy to work with, despite the fact I am a total scatterbrain. She was very kind, and patient when the ceremony started a bit late (naturally, my fault). The pictures she got are incredible in variety, style, and absolutely beautiful. A wonderful day was perfectly preserved.

Sent on 12/03/2018

Kathleen · Married on 07/28/2018

Melissa is a wonderful photographer who did a wonderful job capturing our special day on July 28th. Melissa is very professional and has great ideas for capturing both traditional and unique photos. Something we appreciated was that Melissa takes the time to get to know her clients. Since day one, she treated us like a close family friend over just another client. She always made herself available to answer our questions, was open to suggestions of styles of photos important to us, and offered suggestions. On our wedding day, Melissa did an excellent job capturing each moment of our special day, from getting ready to the celebration. She also did an excellent job capturing special moments during our ceremony without being intrusive. During the reception Melissa even interacted with our guests making it feel more like she was family than a vendor. We are so thankful for the beautiful photos Melissa captured from our special day. It will be so hard picking our top picks for our photobook.

Sent on 08/26/2018

Brandi · Married on 06/22/2018

My fiancée and I loved working with Melissa !! It is obvious she cares about her work ! Very professional and takes time to get to know her clients. She is easy to get ahold of. Very genuine with a lot of experience !! You'll be satisfied with her!!

Sent on 07/10/2017

Jeana · Married on 09/30/2017

Melissa,
    What an amazing woman! She is so friendly and always has great ideas for different pictures! Very helpful and I'm so happy that I booked Melissa as my photographer. I haven't even gotten my wedding pictures back yet and I cannot wait to see them! Knowing that they are going to look amazing! Thank you Melissa!

Sent on 10/01/2017

Miccah · Married on 09/10/2017

Melissa was amazing from start to finish. The pictures she got truly captured everything we felt that special day. You can feel the love in every picture and it takes someone especially gifted to be able to do that. She also really worked with us on the price and what we could afford. She was just such a blessing to us and our family and our family and we plan to go to her and only her for all our future family photos

Sent on 11/16/2017

E'Rica · Married on 07/07/2017

Melissa is so wonderful...you definitely won't regret booking her! She's so sweet & very patient! So glad we found her! She's done photography for us from maternity shoots to wedding photography. We love her! She's really become more than our photographer...a friend! ??

Jen · Married on 06/24/2017

Melissa did a wonderful job capturing our engagement photos and wedding day! I wanted to have more natural looking photos (i.e. bridal party walking together, bride and groom stealing a kiss, my sister and I laughing) and also photos that showed the details of our day. She was able to understand exactly what I wanted. Her prices were reasonable and quality of photos were great. I would recommend doing both the engagement session and wedding day photos package in order to get to know Melissa better and for her to get to know you as well. Unless you often take professional photos, being the center of attention on camera can be slightly uncomfortable! Melissa provided a great "tips" book when we booked with her to help us decide on engagement photo outfits and other details I would not have thought of (even with Pinterest!) to help us take great photos. I highly recommend her and would definitely use her for baby/family photos in the future sometime!

Sent on 08/21/2017

Mike · Married on 05/20/2017

Melissa did an absolutely amazing job with our wedding. I never felt like she was intruding during the wedding or reception and she also made sure to get every important shot. We just got our pictures back last week and they're all amazing! I highly recommend Melissa for any wedding or event that you may have.

Sent on 06/03/2017

John · Married on 07/23/2016

Melissa Shontz is not only one of the most professional, creative, and talented photographers around but she is a joy to work with. We were so pleased with her attentiveness and interpersonal skills. She made everyone feel comfortable, and needless to say created a great environment. She also was very fair with her price.

Sent on 03/01/2017

Dawn · Married on 07/02/2016

Melissa personalized our photography session so it was about my husband and I, not just about getting pictures done. She was very professional and awesome at her job. We loved every moment of it.

Sent on 03/01/2017

Andrew · Married on 04/16/2016

She is the best and extremely friendly! She also donated to a fundraiser I was doing and it was extremely helpful! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Sent on 05/09/2017

Heidi · Married on 10/17/2015

very flexible, responsive and is willing to make sure the needs are met by the client! melissa and i both worked together as a team to make sure i got the shots i wanted for the wedding! not to mention she has a true passion for photography.

Marsha · Married on 07/19/2015

Melissa is wonderful! She is easy to work with, very friendly and knowledgable, and she does beautiful work. She offered more than other people we spoke to before our wedding, and all of our finished products are just gorgeous. I recommend her to everyone.

JoAnn · Married on 06/01/2014

Melissa did a great job working with bright sunlight and deep shadows at our outdoor wedding. Anyone can use a digital camera to take lots of pictures, but Melissa is a professional photographer, and really knows what she is doing. Also, she was unobtrusive, creeping around like a little mouse. .

Sent on 02/24/2017
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 07/21/2018

Melissa did a great job capturing beautiful shots of our engagement session! She is very reasonably priced and has worked well with us (as a long distance couple). We are so excited to continue to work with her the day of our wedding!

Sent on 12/27/2017