Melissa Scott Hair Reviews

44 | Wakefield, MA

44 Reviews for Melissa Scott Hair

• Nikki

Nikki Magier · Getting married on 02/05/2021

Beautiful hair, very professional!

Melissa was amazing! My hair, my bridesmaids, flower girls and mom loved how their hair turned out. One of my bridesmaids even got her information to use for her wedding!

Melissa has a wonderful system to get many people done in a short period of time, making the morning of the wedding relaxing and flow very smoothly! We even finished early!!

I highly recommend Melissa!

Sent on 05/30/2019
  • Kate

Kate Reynolds · Married on 11/02/2019

Elegant wedding updo

Melissa did a great job on my wedding updo. I wanted a simple and elegant low bun, and she nailed it! She was very responsive and I enjoyed working with her. She also helped me find a beautiful hairpin that I wouldn't otherwise have found. My mom and matron of honor were happy with their blowouts, too!

Sent on 11/17/2019
  • Alyssa

Alyssa Frank · Married on 10/27/2019

Absolutely Wonderful!

Choosing Melissa and her team for my wedding was one of the best decisions I could have possibly made. Going into the process, I knew how I wanted my hair to eventually look however, was unsure how to get there. Melissa worked with me over a period of two trials leading up to the wedding to make my hair look exactly how I wanted it.

Melissa was extremely encouraging, understanding and FUN from the beginning. She is definitely someone you want to have around on your wedding day! Her team was extremely professional and efficient. I had thirteen bridesmaids, two mothers, an aunt and myself who needed their hair done and Melissa and her team made this happen WHILE sticking to my timing schedule and making sure every single girl's hair was absolutely perfect.

Each of my bridesmaids and moms were EXTREMELY thrilled with the result of their hair. In addition, all of their hair stayed throughout the night even after having an early morning start!

My hair turned out better than i could have EVER imagined and in all of the photos looks so perfectly stunning. Melissa knew exactly what I wanted and truly made all of my wedding hair visions come true!

I would recommend booking Melissa and her team for your wedding today!!

Sent on 11/09/2019
  • Minna

Minna Howell · Married on 09/21/2019

Melissa was amazing

Melissa was amazing!! Her assistant was as well. We had 10 ladies that needed their hair done prior to our wedding ceremony and Melissa was there earlier than scheduled and finished about an hour ahead of time. I had extensions for the first time in my life and she did an amazing job on my hair and all of the bridesmaid's hair. She is very talented and I would highly highly recommend her. She was a pleasure to work with. Thank you so much Melissa!

Sent on 09/29/2019

Jillian · Married on 09/01/2019

Just the best

I can't say enough good things about Melissa. From the get go she was the ultimate in professionalism. A hungover bride and MOH, two late bridesmaids and a late makeup artist is no easy feat to handle first thing in the morning but she did great. She even went as far as calling in a makeup artist friend of hers when the one I hired was two hours late. You won't regret hiring Melissa.

Sent on 09/12/2019
  • Jenna

Jenna Waltersdorf · Married on 08/30/2019

Melissa read my mind and my style

I cannot imagine my wedding day with any hair professionals other than Melissa and her team. I originally contacted Melissa over a year before my wedding and she was incredibly responsive in the year leading up as I had questions. She was very prompt and flexible with contract alterations as I added bridesmaids, and had no problem booking me for two trials once I decided on a different hair style for my wedding day. Melissa absolutely read my mind and my style and made me feel like the most beautiful version of myself on my wedding day, with flawless execution. In addition - she's just cool. She and her team are the kind of people that you want to surround yourself with the morning of your wedding as you're getting ready. I would recommend her a million times over!

Sent on 09/15/2019
  • Mika

Mika Spencer · Married on 08/24/2019

Very skilled at up-dos!

I had such a great experience working with Melissa! She did mine and my mom's hair for my wedding and we loved the end-product. She was very flexible and easy to schedule a trial with, and is amazing at what she does. I brought in some photos to give her an idea of what I was looking for and she did such a great job bringing it to life, while taking into account my hair's specific properties. I'd recommend her to anyone looking to get their hair done for any occasion!

Sent on 09/15/2019
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 08/23/2019

Fantastic & highly recommend!

Melissa is amazing! She was very responsive throughout the whole process and was quick to answer any questions I had. I had a general idea of what I wanted to do for my hair and was able to do a few variations during my trial. Everyone’s hair looked amazing during the wedding, our hair was soft looking yet didn’t move after being in the wind for several hours then dancing! She also was able to offer suggestions for hairstyles to work with the different women- they all looked amazing. She provided a timeline ahead of the wedding day and worked with my makeup artist to make sure the morning went smoothly. Loved working Melissa and highly recommend!

Sent on 09/13/2019
  • Maureen

Maureen Demer · Married on 08/10/2019

Amazing Bridal Hair Service

I worked with Melissa for my wedding in July of 2019. She was awesome! I loved my hair and all 7 of my bridesmaids. From day 1 communicating with her it great, she was prompt to respond, professional and easy going. She was a true expert. The day of both her and her assistant were punctual and created a stress free day. Each girl had an idea of a style and Melissa was able to easily make it come to life. All our hair held up the entire day too which is great considering it was a hot summer day. I would highly recommend her for bridal hair!

Sent on 07/28/2019
  • Joanna

Joanna Marie · Married on 08/03/2019

Amazing job!!

Choosing Melissa to work with for my wedding day was absolutely the best choice I could have made. My complicated hair was one of my major concerns for the day of and working with her eased any anxieties I had. She worked with my different ideas and showed me what would work best for my hair type. Our mothers and bridesmaids all looked stunning and each had their own vision come to life. I am so thrilled with how everything came out!!

Sent on 08/21/2019

Rachael · Married on 06/29/2019

Hair review

Melissa is so talented. I fell in love with her instagram, and knew she would be the perfect fit for my wedding. Everything went so smooth, and she is so beyond accommodating and flexible.

Sent on 07/10/2019

Julia Bruss · Married on 05/11/2019

Incredible from start to finish

Working with Melissa was an absolutely incredible experience from start to finish. She was responsive and professional throughout the entire wedding process and she was patient and thoughtful as we tested and even retested different looks during my trial. On the day of my wedding, Melissa and her team came early to set up and stayed late to ensure everything was perfect. I loved my hair and it stayed perfectly through the entire day/night (over 14 hours!). Melissa effortlessly helped coordinate the day-of getting ready plans which made everything run smoothly with a large wedding party. I could not have been happier!

Sent on 10/31/2019

Gabriella Carboni · Married on 05/10/2019

Dream hair!

Melissa was absolutely amazing and super accommodating and attentive. She is the only person I even considered for my wedding because her portfolio is so impressive and beautiful. I live on the west coast, and Melissa was super accommodating with booking my trials for when I was on brief trips to Boston. She went out of her way to make sure I was able to have two trials (one the week of my wedding!) and came into her salon in the evening to do them. On the day of she was fun to hang out with, and she was on schedule. My whole bridal party had their hair stay put the entire night. She worked really hard to make sure everyone's hair looked just how they wanted it. I could not recommend Melissa more!

Sent on 10/30/2019

Karen · Married on 12/01/2018

Get on Melissa's Schedule!

Melissa is amazing! She is a true professional - I was able to put my mind at ease the day of my wedding, knowing that she would work her magic. My hair came out perfectly and stayed in place all day & night. I believe my hair was done around 9 AM and it was still perfect at 11 PM.

Melissa is kind, caring, and thoughtful. Not only is she a talented hair stylist, she made the morning of my wedding fun and relaxing. Everyone's hair was done on time and we were all so happy with our hair. Leading up to the big day, I also appreciated how she would alway promptly respond to emails and was extremely organized.

Sent on 12/05/2018
  • Kate

Kate · Married on 10/27/2018

Great for my fellow Curly Haired Brides

Curly haired brides pay attention! Going into my wedding day, I knew I wanted to wear my hair naturally curly, but previously had terrible experiences with stylists that did not know how to style my natural curls. Melissa instantly eased my anxieties and brought my wedding hair vision to life. All my bridesmaids and family member's loved their hair and both her and her assistant made everyone feel so beautiful. It was such a sigh of relief to know that I was in good hands and with someone who knew how to work with my curls instead of against them. One of the best decisions I made was booking Melissa and her team! Could not recommend them enough!

Sent on 12/02/2018
  • Renee

Renee Rossi · Married on 10/07/2018

Made my wedding hair dreams come true!

Melissa was wonderful to work with! I scheduled a consult with her about 6 months before my wedding and I loved my hair, as the time got closer, I thought I wanted another look, she gladly scheduled me another trial, 2 weeks before my wedding, and nailed my vision for my hair! On my wedding day she was a welcome addition, she was friendly and funny, and all of my girls loved their hair! she was so fast and professional, it was a great experience! She rolled with all the changes that the girls wanted to make and didn't bat an eyelash. She made me look and feel so beautiful that day! I would highly recommend her!

Sent on 10/22/2018

Ashley · Married on 09/29/2018

I can’t say enough about Melissa! From the time I did my trial to my wedding day, Melissa was fantastic! She is professional, responsive, easy going, kind, and timely! My hair was flawless! Melissa even stayed a little later to make sure my handmade flowered hairpiece sat perfectly with my updo! Every single one of my bridesmaids loved their hair! She does phenomenal work! I would absolutely recommend Melissa Scott Hair to anyone needing a hairstylist! She is the best!

Ashley, 9/29/2018

Sent on 10/08/2018
  • Daniela

Daniela · Married on 09/22/2018

Wonderful and beautiful

Melissa was so great to work with! For my wedding day look I really wasn't sure how I wanted my hair to look. I've never done up-do's or worn my hair up that much so when we scheduled my trial Melissa was very patient with me trying many different looks! We tried braids, no braids, curly, wavy, etc. I had a hair piece too and we tried multiple ways to incorporate it into my hair as well. I showed her my dress and we discussed a lot about how my "look" should all look beautiful all together. I feel like she knew what vision I wanted and totally helped me every step of the way. I had 8 bridesmaids (including my maid of honor) and Melissa came with an assistant and made it all happen! Very punctual and the whole day was stress free :) Melissa was also very professional and talented. My hair stayed put for many many hours and she made me feel like a queen. I highly recommend Melissa for any hair style or life event! I trusted her work from the start and she was very flexible and understanding of what everyone wanted in my group. Thank you so so much Melissa! I loved the way I looked for my wedding day. You're the best!

Sent on 10/26/2018

Danielle · Married on 09/08/2018

First off, Melissa is fantastic, look no further. Melissa timed out the day perfectly, we were all ready on time and did not feel rushed at all! All of my bridesmaids loved their hair and she was able to execute all of the Pinterest examples we gave her! I was worried about my hair dropping after my “first look” since I wore my hair down and curly, so Melissa came with me to my venue to touch up my hair before I walked down the aisle which ended up working out great! One of my bridesmaids did an updo and it lasted her 3 days perfectly (Haha!). She also does hair trials in her studio in Wakefield which is a super cute spot! I highly recommend Melissa for your big day!

Sent on 09/16/2018

Clare · Married on 09/01/2018

Beautiful hair!

I highly recommend Melissa. I loved my hair, and every single one of my bridesmaids did too. She and an assistant did my hair, 7 bridesmaids, my mother, my mother-in-law, a grandmother and four aunts all the morning of the wedding. It was not an easy job, but everyone was happy and we actually finished up ahead of schedule. Not only does she do a great job, but she's also fun to be around the morning of the wedding and that's important too!

Sent on 10/31/2018

Jen · Married on 08/25/2018

Melissa was so wonderful to work with. She was easy going and relaxed, and very efficient with everyone's hairstyles so we had plenty of time and weren't rushed at all to get ready. All of the bridesmaids were very happy with their styles. My hair stayed perfectly through a very windy ceremony and a full night of dancing, and I was even able to wear it to brunch the next day without touching it! She did not use a ton of product or bobby pins, so everyone looked natural. I would highly recommend working with Melissa!

Sent on 09/10/2018

Sasha · Married on 08/18/2018

Melissa was AMAZING! She accommodated both my mom (who never gets her hair done and was very apprehensive) and I for trials on the same day, despite her busy schedule, and executed both of our styles perfectly. On the wedding day, I decided to make a small change to my updo and she was extremely flexible and accommodating, snapping photos to show me each step of the way. She even called a couple of hours after she left to check in and make sure I was happy with the changes, as she was back in the area and said she’d be happy to swing by (above and beyond!!) All of the ladies in the wedding party loved their styles, got many compliments, and enjoyed having Melissa around on the wedding day- she is super sweet, flexible, accommodating, and such a calming presence!

Sent on 09/09/2018

Lisa Debiasi · Married on 08/18/2018

Melissa is an exceptional colorist & stylist!!!

Melissa was a pleasure to work with. She is an exceptional colorist & stylist, who was highly professional and reliable from the start and was always quick to reply to my emails and answer any queries.

I would highly recommend her to any bride and I cannot thank her enough for being a wonderful part of my special day.

Sent on 10/18/2018

Liz · Married on 08/11/2018

Melissa is hands down the best person to do your hair on your wedding day! I have challenging hair, curly, frizzy, thick, and then I have bridesmaids who have thin, fine hair, short, long, curly. Melissa made all of us look unbelievable. I was stunned that my hair could look as amazing as it did- and it lasted ALL NIGHT! Melissa was super flexible, professional, remained on time all morning with 9 girls getting hair done. I HIGHLY recommend Melissa and her beautiful work for your wedding day. Thank you Melissa for helping make our wedding the best day of our lives!!!!

Sent on 08/18/2018

Lindsay · Married on 06/08/2018

Melissa is incredible and will make you feel so beautiful!! I ended up doing different hair at my wedding than my trial appt and Melissa perfectly reflected exactly what I wanted (and didn’t care that I changed my mind). She modifies styles to make them work with your hair type and face. My bridesmaids and mom were all in love with their hair styles as well. Additionally, Melissa is professional, calm, and such a pleasant person to spend time with on your wedding day! I highly recommend her - she will put your hair anxieties at ease!!

Sent on 06/13/2018