Melissa Montoya Photography Reviews

Melissa Montoya Photography 5
Melissa Montoya Photography 6
Melissa Montoya Photography 7

Taylor A Bloom · Getting married on 09/21/2019

Best photos and experience!

We had the best time at our engagement photo shoot and I can truly say that Melissa went above and beyond to make our engagement photos perfect. We loved our engagement photo session so much we asked Melissa to come to our engagement party to take photos too! We are so happy with our pictures from both our engagement photo session and engagement party and couldn't be happier with the overall experience.

• Katie

Katie Thompson · Married on 10/31/2018

Smoking hot wedding photos by Melissa Montoya

I am a professional destination wedding planner in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico and have worked with many amazing photographers over my 14 year career. However, when my own daughter decided to get married in Coronado, California, I wanted to hire a local photographer who knew the area and would have tips for us for this specific location. After careful review, we selected Melissa Montoya and it was the best decision! She is amazing!!!! Her energy is so positive and creative. From the beginning she understood my daughter Grace's vision. She and her fiancé, Caleb, wanted a more moody, editorial look for their wedding photos, with more focus on their couple's photos than group shot type photos. They got exactly what they wanted, and the photos are gorgeous, romantic, sexy, and truly lovely! Every photo reflects the deep love Grace & Caleb have for each other. Not only was Melissa's attitude amazing, but her knowledge of local venues for the type of shots that the couple wanted helped us out so much! She is a truly creative professional who reflected Grace & Caleb's wedding day in a truly beautiful way.

Melissa Montoya Photography 8
    Melissa Montoya Photography 9
    Melissa Montoya Photography 10
    Melissa Montoya Photography 11
    Melissa Montoya Photography 12

Grace Schumaker · Married on 10/27/2018

Best wedding photographer ever!

"Melissa is the absolute best! She showed up early, stayed late just so she could make sure we were happy and got all the shots we wanted. She got all of me and my now husbands best angles and was very receptive to everything we wanted! Our pictures turned out so amazing and Im so thankful for her! Now we get to cherish our perfect day forever!!!"

Melissa Montoya Photography 13
    Melissa Montoya Photography 14
    Melissa Montoya Photography 15

Charmaine · Married on 08/17/2018

Melissa is the whole package! Fast turn around, very responsive and organized. She was such a joy to work with. She was also super creative and had us at multiple locations with the most sweet poses. Our wedding photos turned out gorgeous! She definitely exceeded our expectations. We would use her again in a heart beat and recommend her to ANYONE for any event.

JESSICA · Married on 08/11/2018

I forgot Melissa was even taking our engagement pictures. I was having so much fun and she made it so easy to feel comfy in front of the camera. The pictures she gave us makes me so happy she took them.
    She sent them in a very convenient file to my email so quick!

bennett · Married on 06/24/2018

We did not have a wedding coordinator. We had NO idea how difficult and complicated a wedding could be. Melissa stepped in, did an amazing job with the photos and took complete control of our whole wedding. She was a LIFE SAVER. Managed everything and everyone, kept everything on schedule, kept everyone on their toes, and had a list for everything. She's amazing.

Melissa Montoya Photography 16
    Melissa Montoya Photography 21
    Melissa Montoya Photography 22
    Melissa Montoya Photography 23

Katayoun · Married on 12/02/2017

Mel is phenomenal! I had seen her take photos of my friend for her maternity shoot so I knew we would be in good hands. My hubby and I hate anything too contrived where we feel like we are posing too much and Mel handled what we were worried about like an absolute pro. We got exactly what we were looking for. She is sweet, fun and gets the job done to your liking. We have her photos framed all over our house and I can't recommend her enough. I'm pregnant now so we plan on taking our maternity shoot with her as well. It's awesome to be able to stick with the same person throughout these milestones.

Rachel · Married on 08/12/2017

We had an amazing time working with Melissa and her team and the end result was an incredible set of photos! Melissa was super accommodating to our timeline and limited budget, listened attentively to all of our requests and made us feel instantly comfortable in front of the camera. We wanted our photos not to feel too staged and to capture the memorable candid moments of the night, and that's exactly what she produced in end. Can't recommend her enough!

Emily · Married on 06/24/2017

Melissa was a pleasure and a delight to work with and we got some really beautiful images!

Thank you Melissa!!

Melissa Montoya Photography 24

Maria · Married on 05/20/2017

Melissa was great. Very easy to work with, fast turn around on photos, and excellent variety and quality of photos. Would use her again in a heartbeat.

• I

Isabella · event on: 06/02/2018

Wow! Talk about exceeded expectations! We had an unbelievable experience working with Melissa as she shot our engagement photos. Her knowledge of lighting and positioning was so precise she made our shoot effortless. She made us feel so comfortable in front of the camera and gave a lot of instruction on hand and body positioning, which we loved/needed!

And then when we actually saw the photos our jaws dropped! They are unreal. We are thoroughly impressed with how they turned kout. The worst part is trying to narrow them down to figure out which ones to frame and display!

Thank you Melissa for capturing this special time in our life in such a perfect way. You have gained a lifelong client in us, we adore you. Can’t wait for you to shoot our wedding!!!!!