Melissa Koren Photography Reviews

77 Reviews for Melissa Koren Photography

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

77 Melissa Koren Photography Reviews

Sara · Married on 08/26/2018

Cutting right to it- I highly recommend hiring Melissa to photograph your milestones!

We hired her to photograph our wedding (came highly recommended from a friend) and are SO pleased. The resulting photos, day-of photography experience, payment schedule, emails leading up to the event, and purchasing prints were all part of what I can only describe as a luxury experience. We saw her work and loved the exciting composition- gorgeous photos that happen to have happy newlyweds- and knew we needed to book her!

We got so much more than beautiful photos. Melissa went above and beyond and was prepared for anything- like helping me take my Spanx off in a park, noticing my foot was bleeding and supplying bandaids and shout wipes for all the days’ surprises, whisking us away to take couples’ photos when the time was right, making sure we ate, removing my veil, more bandaids, fixing my rogue hair, getting us an Uber to the venue, quickly telling us how to cut a wedding cake, and being an overall wonderful human on our wedding team!

Booking her was so easy, she replied to my email quickly and helped us choose the right package to meet our needs. We chose not to do an engagement shoot but I would say if one opted to do an engagement session then they can meet her awesomeness sooner rather than later! Her online payment system is clear to use and streamlined, and she sent reminders when a payment date was approaching (so helpful). Her worksheet format for gathering info about our wedding was great!

A month after our event we received all the digital photos and ordered prints online directly from her website. It was an easy process and the site is simple to navigate while making your final printing descisions. Did I mention the teasers?! Less than a week after our wedding she emailed us a link to the blog post and we were so thrilled to see a preview so soon! Also, she wrote the kindest words about us and we turned to mush. Hi Melissa, the feeling’s mutual! ❤️

Linda · Married on 08/14/2018

Melissa photographed our family of 15 including 5 boys ages 2 to 10. It was a day that rained on and off but she made the best of our location photographing us outside when the weather broke and inside while it rained. The photos turned out great. She went above and beyond when I was unsatisfied with a canvas print I ordered because the rainbow did not show up well. She had them reprinted and send to me within two days. I highly recommend Melissa!

Sent on 09/23/2018

Melissa Koren Photography's reply:

Thank you so much, Linda! It was a pleasure to work with you all!

Evan · Married on 07/08/2018

Just got our "teaser pictures" access and are so pleased with how everything turned out! Leading up to the day Melissa worked with us many times back and forth to ensure that we got the time frame and services that we wanted. She took the time to get to know our vibe as a couple and matched that very well on the wedding day. She worked well with our families and friends capturing all the important moments without any fussing. She even worked on her birthday for us! We will enjoy the memories she has captured for us as well as the encouraging words she shared with us for many years to come.

Jessica · Married on 07/02/2018

We were so glad that we hired Melissa to take family photos to celebrate my parents' 40th anniversary. Melissa was incredibly responsive and easy to work with, and she kept us updated throughout the process. She did an amazing job with the photos, and she was especially wonderful with our young children. I would highly recommend her!

Jillian · Married on 06/30/2018

Melissa was recommended to me by a friend and I could not have been happier with her. She was FANTASTIC! Not only was she super responsive to my e-mails, but she helped me organize my actual wedding day and execute my plan once she arrived. She did so much more than just photograph my wedding, including helping to make sure that the boys knew how to pin their boutonnieres on and helped keep me calm when I was super anxious. The pictures came out so beautifully and she made sure to capture the candid moments which she knew was important to us. She was so much fun to work with and I would absolutely recommend her to everyone.

Dawn · Married on 06/16/2018

Melissa was wonderful, from the very first email contact through to the sending of our photos earlier than we expected. Clear. Personable. Funny. Unflappable. And oh so talented. She was there at all the right times, and (equally importantly) faded into the background at all the right times. Melissa managed to capture all the moments we wanted, and all the feelings we wanted, without our having to call her over to capture them, and the pictures are stunning. Highly recommended.

Melissa Koren Photography 1
    Melissa Koren Photography 2
    Melissa Koren Photography 3

Acacia · Married on 05/25/2018

Melissa was absolutely amazing! We planned our wedding from over 1,000 miles away and we met Melissa on the day of our wedding. She was professional, incredibly efficient, fun, and gave very good directions for formal photos. Our pictures turned out beautifully! She captured bright colors, laughter, tears, and many lovely candid moments. We are so thankful we picked her for our big day. My family and friends also commented on how she genuinely looked like she was having a blast while taking photos at our reception. We highly recommend Melissa.

Jess · Married on 09/16/2017

Melissa went above and beyond as our wedding photographer. She made us feel 100% comfortable and taken care of. From bustling my dress, helping to get a stain off a dress to completing a long list of group photos in efficient time. We were so thrilled to work with Melissa and we highly recommend her to anyone looking for an photographer who is also a jack of all trades, truly amazing.

Megan · Married on 08/26/2017

Melissa could easily be dubbed the MVP of our wedding. When I first reached out to Melissa I knew it would be a great fit. She and I exchanged countless emails on what the day would look like and the package that would work best for us. Even days leading up to the wedding as I was panicking that I didn’t reserve enough time with her, she was so supportive and reassured me that everything would be wonderful- exactly what I needed to hear. On the day of, she was wonder woman. She knew exactly when to step in with her bobby pins to secure my veil, bustle my dress, secure my groom’s bout, tell guests where to put their arms when taking a photo with me so as not to pull out my veil, or usher us away like a bodyguard so as to not let all of our guests see us before ‘I do’. These things alone were spectacular and invaluable; add the amazing photos and we couldn’t have been happier to have Melissa with us. Your wedding day goes by so fast, let me tell you, it is PRICELESS to be able to go through each photo and relive the day. Melissa has a wonderful way of capturing each important moment and carefully planned detail of your wedding. My husband and I can’t thank Melissa enough and highly encourage you to book her for your big day!

Jenn · Married on 08/19/2017

Melissa was amazing! She sent out surveys beforehand to get the lowdown on all the wedding details - from the whose who in the wedding party and family to the feeling and vibe we wanted to create. Her personality fit perfectly with our friends and family and we had a blast working with her. The photographs are gorgeous, she worked with interior and outdoor lighting to create luminous images and captured really fun candids. Highly recommend!

Megan · Married on 06/03/2017

From the moment that Chris and I met Melissa we knew that she was the perfect person to capture our day! Our first meeting with Melissa was in a coffee shop and she brought such a great mix of positive energy and calmness that put us both at ease. Chris is not a big fan of getting his picture taken and was weary about being the center of attention and having someone follow him around with a camera. After meeting Melissa he declared that he could probably handle hanging out with Melissa for the day. As we met with other photographers we found that we were constantly comparing them to Melissa and we signed a contract with her shortly after.
    In our package we had engagement photos and we used Melissa's suggestion to meet in a local park in Exeter. I would highly recommend doing this as it got our jitters out of being in front of the camera. Melissa was great and kept us laughing the entire time. She has a batman-like utility belt for her cameras and switches back and forth while giving directions. We felt a little goofy but were in love with the photos when we got them.
    Finally on the wedding day she was right on time, came in and met my family as we were getting ready. She was super helpful with everything and has a kit with fixes for anything that could happen. During the church ceremony she was like a ninja snapping shots, but blending into the background. Finally at the reception she made sure that all of my must have photos were taken including huge group shots. She took charge, making sure that we got the shots but were able to spend time with all of our family and friends celebrating with us. We got some AMAZING shots on the hill at the farm we were at and I can't choose which one I want blown up. During the reception events Melissa made sure my dress was always pulled up and that overall I was enjoying my day. I highly recommend her and hope that she will continue to photograph my big life events!!!

Erica · Married on 10/14/2016

I can't say enough wonderful things about Melissa! She was AH-MAZING! She responded quickly to all my messages (email, facebook, etc.) and kept me at ease. She knew I was stressed planning a wedding in NH from another state and she helped me with anything she could. I chose her based recommendation from a friend and based off her website, which is fabulous. Her blog and her website let me see her personality and style which was totally what I was looking for. After chatting with her a little via emails and social media we booked my wedding! She gets to know you as a couple via a questionnaire which I thought was very smart. I was nervous never having met her in person, but when I finally got to meet her when I went to NH, she was very sweet!
    Day of came and she was very organized. We had nailed down details about a month ahead of time via her worksheet she has you fill out as far as photography of family members you want, so when the day came she gathered everyone and called out the line ups and we got them done in a timely manner, but was not rushed, was just organized which I loved. Not only that, during the getting ready in the bridal suite, when my dress literally BROKE (a clasp broke on the back when closing me in the dress, she was ready with needle and thread and sewed me into my dress. Like...WHAT?! BEST photographer ever! Not only needle and thread, she had safety pins which she used to pin the bridesmaids dresses, and a whole slew of things in her bag! Dang! She literally saved the day!
    Her package options are great, and competitive. She was the only photographer I had there but she can handle the job on her own. My pictures were done about a month after the wedding and I am in LOVE with them. She didn't miss a beat. She is phenomenal. I HIGHLY recommend!!

Carissa · Married on 10/09/2016

Melissa exceeded our expectations as our wedding photographer. She made us feel 100% comfortable from Day 1, and was so easy to connect with. Not only is this woman hilarious, but she takes amazing pictures, all of which look totally natural. We are not a naturally photogenic couple (actually quite awkward at times) but you wouldn't know it from her pics. She is some kind of wizard or something.

On my wedding day it rained and we had to change venues last minute. Melissa helped keep me sane as the day progressed and more or less was our second wedding coordinator on top of being the photographer. My coworker referred me to Melissa, and I am so happy that she did. Everything she said about her was true and I cannot recommend her services enough! Choose Melissa and you will not be disapointed.

-Carissa

Sarah · Married on 09/17/2016

I can’t think of a better way to start my weekend. This morning I opened up my email and I had a message from Melissa “Wedding Pictures!!!”. I couldn’t have imagined that someone would have been able to capture our perfect day so beautifully, but Melissa went above and beyond. We could not be happier with our photos and I am so grateful that Sam and I will be able to relive that amazing day for the rest of our lives through her amazing images. I haven’t stopped looking at them all day, and will now probably get nothing done for the remainder of the weekend.
    We met Melissa about a year ago when she did our engagement photos, and when she got my then-fiance/now-husband to actually smile in a photo, I knew she was the one for us! She didn’t disappoint. If you are looking for an amazingly professional photographer, and human “fix-it” kit, Melissa is your lady. She assisted with my dress, fixed my hair, made sure Sam and I ate, and was so kind to all of my guests.

Her work speaks for itself, but if reviews are your thing, here’s mine- She is absolutely amazing and we will be going back to her for all of our future photography needs.

Thank you Melissa, from the bottom of our hearts, thank you for capturing our day so wonderfully. Xo

• Marie

Marie · Married on 09/10/2016

It was a year ago when I went on the elks in Gloucester website to look at their facility info when I stumbled across wedding pictures taken their. I fell in love with how gorgeous the pictures were and I had to find who was behind them. I contacted Melissa Koren via email and within minutes, she responded. This woman have a great personality, very professional, sweet, fun and so much more. Working with her felt like I ve known her for many years. She made us feel very comfortable and even made us laugh during our engagement shoot. She is truly a blessing. Edgar and I Thank you sooooooooo much Melissa for making our wedding a success. If ten was the highest level of stars, we would give you a 10??????????????. You are amazing. ??????

Allison · Married on 09/09/2016

We met Melissa when she photographed my sister's wedding, and we knew right then who our wedding photographer would be. She was literally the easiest vendor to work with in my entire wedding planning process. She is incredibly organized, thoughtful, responds to (ridiculous) questions quickly, has a great sense of humor, and had great input in helping us figuring out the details for our big day. The day of, she went above and beyond taking photos! She helped the groomsmen reposition their boutonnieres, fixed my hair on more than one occasion with bobby pins pulled from her fanny pack (life saver), and was even adjusting my straps and fixing my dress for me! She coordinated group pics of more than 15 people in a hot second..and even climbed into a fountain for the perfect shot. As someone who is incredibly awkward in front of a camera, when I saw our sneak peek pictures I literally almost died they are so perfect! Hire her! She will make your day fun, make you forget about the silly stupid things, and capture your big day in the most beautiful way! Can't wait to work with her in the future!

Jennifer · Married on 08/27/2016

WoW...what is there to say about Melissa!? Well maybe the fact that she is THE BEST PHOTOGRAPHER IN THE WORLD!!! Just got our wedding photos back, after only 4 weeks, and they are so amazing!! Melissa has been amazing since day one, she is so much fun to be around and never made us feel awkward when taking our photos. On the day of the wedding she was more than just a photographer; she was a seamstress when my petticoat needed pinning, she directed guests where to go before the ceremony, she bustled my dress in record time...in other words...AMAZING! If you are in need of a photographer, just book Melissa, you won't be disappointed :)

Stephanie · Married on 08/13/2016

Melissa is a dream. We met her a year prior to the wedding to do our engagement photos, which were perfect. For the next year, Melissa was a sounding board for all sorts of wedding-related issues: wedding website design, bridesmaid dresses, etc. On my wedding day, when I was a bundle of nerves, Melissa helped keep me calm and grounded. She carries this Batman-esque utility belt with her; she whipped out a bandaid when I cut my finger open 10 minutes before the ceremony; bobby pins when my veil came loose. She even did my bustle in about 3 minutes flat. Our wedding pictures came back yesterday (within 4 weeks of the wedding!!!) and they captured our #bestdayever perfectly. If you're thinking about hiring Melissa - just do it. Now!!

Kelley · Married on 08/06/2016

We loved Melissa! She was professional, kind, knowledgeable and helpful throughout the day. From the moment she walked in she helped with everything, from getting on my veil, to helping my bridesmaid's so the bustle, to effortlessly fixing my dress when someone(my groom) stepped on it and ripped it. And her pictures were fantastic. She really captured the genuine emotion throughout the day and we couldn't be happier! We'd love to use her again!

Getting your photographs taken at your most intimate moments during your wedding should be handled with care. In being LGBT, having an LGBT friendly photographer was extremely important to us. I searched far and wide for someone who was talented, budget friendly, and of course LGBT friendly. We were so extremely fortunate to have found Melissa. We knew from the moment we met her at our engagement session that we were in good hands.

Every interaction was great, she gave us incredible advise regarding the day of set up and flow, what was important and what you could leave out (e.g first look timing, getting ready pictures, dancing shots etc). We really enjoyed the experience with Melissa.

Day of, there were a few small hiccups, but nothing that Melissa couldn't handle. The sun was outrageous that day, and although you think you want a sunny day at your wedding, 95 degrees and sunny is not something that works well for photography. I had to give up a few of my "photography spots" but Melissa made it work. She found beauty where we didn't and it showed in every photograph we received back from our wedding day. They are simply spectacular!

When you book Melissa you get a lot more than just a photographer --- On our wedding day, the one thing I didn't expect was to have to deal with my bustle every five minutes. However, every time my beautiful bride stepped on my train (yep that happened), Melissa was there to fix the bustle! I can't even describe how much it meant to me to have someone that was just "on it". She was my honorary bridesmaid all night. All the guests commented on how out of they way the photographers were but yet it seemed like they were everywhere. Capturing the moments that mattered and ensuring that we had enough shots of our friends and family as well.

We would recommend Melissa to anyone. She is a true artist at her trade. We look forward to working with her in the future as our family photographer!

Cara · Married on 07/22/2016

I just received my photos from Melissa and am literally crying going through them all. They are so amazing and I am reliving our wedding photo by photo. Melissa was wonderful to work with from day 1 and was affordable. She was very responsive throughout the whole process and had a lot of good advice. I am a control freak and she was patient and willing to work with my ideas. On the day of, she was like an honorary bridesmaid, helping with my veil, the bustle and doing her best to keep us cool on a 95 degree day. I highly recommend her for your big day!

Samantha · Married on 06/25/2016

There are really no words to describe how amazingly awesome Melissa is. Our wedding was anything but flawless yet she handled it with ease and grace. In addition to being an incredibly talented photographer, she was also a seamstress, sewing my bridesmaids dress when it ripped just before the wedding, coordinator, when the florist was late and she jumped in to communicate with other vendors and get the flowers in their place, and so, so much more. She seamlessly transitioned from one role to the next to help in any way that she could without ever being asked or expected to do so and never missing a beat.

Melissa carried herself with the perfect mixture of professionalism and personality. She was able to engage with our guests on a personal level, making family and friends feel comfortable. It was like we had known her for years and she fit right in!

Melissa was easy to work with and demonstrated countless times that she takes pride in and is passionate about her work, and that she genuinely cares about her clients wedding experience.

We loved that soon after the wedding Melissa released some sneak peeks of the edited photos, even adding a personal touch remembering my birthday and sending them on that day! Once we received all of our final photos we were blown away. She captured the beautiful scenery of our mountain wedding as well as candid moments, without us ever even knowing she was there. We will forever cherish our wedding album.

We would ABSOLUTELY recommend Melissa over and over again for anyone's special day!

Kathryn · Married on 05/14/2016

Melissa had shot a wedding for a friend of ours a couple years earlier, and I knew from the second I saw her photos that I wanted her to be our photographer. She is a genius at capturing real "moments". It was super easy to get in touch with her and book her services. One of my favorite parts of the whole process was that she is very up-front with her pricing, and it is very reasonable. The booking process was completely stress-free. My husband (who hates posing for pictures) and I had a blast at our engagement shoot, and we are in love with the pictures!

As for the wedding, Melissa and her assistant went above and beyond. They were constantly snapping very thoughtful photos, but Melissa still somehow managed to help everybody get ready on time, bustle my dress, and be totally fun to hang out with. She really played a huge part in keeping things running smoothly all day. Her skill and professionalism were essential in making sure we had time for every photo we could have ever wanted during the cocktail hour. We can not wait to see our photos which we know will be absolutely breathtaking!!

Rebecca · Married on 05/02/2016

Melissa is the BEST! We had a non traditional small wedding ceremony with just a handful of our family members but still wanted wonderful photos to capture our day. Melissa is so accommodating and it was really wonderful that she offered small wedding packages. She was extremely attentive leading up to our day, always quick with email responses. The day of, she helped calm me down, assisted with lacing up my dress, and was just overall a calming presence. And the photos - they came out absolutely amazing and just what we hoped for. We can't recommend her enough - she's a very talented photographer with reasonable prices and a great personality to boot. Her turnaround time for our photos was insanely fast and we were more than happy with the results. Book her now!