Melissa Moore Bogardus Reviews

Melissa Moore Bogardus 7
  • Catherine

Catherine · Married on 10/28/2018

Magic Skillz

I found Mel the week of my engagement photos and used that basically as my trial for the wedding (30 days later). She passed with flying colors! On my wedding day I’ve never felt more beautiful version of myself than on that day! Mel is a boss lady and just takes charge making sure everything’s perfect! Kind of funny, she put in hair extensions on my wedding day and I accidentally threw them away... apparently very expensive and we’re to be returned. Just FYI...if you get them don’t throw them away 😂 Highly recommend Mel and her team!

Sent on 11/24/2018

Ashley · Married on 10/05/2018

Quick to response, affordable, & has a team of artisits so very flexible with scheduling, assigned artist reached out to me immediately after speaking with Mel, herself.
    Maggie Hodges did my makeup & styled my hair perfectly! Lasted all night & professional, she took into consideration sample photos of the look I wanted achieved.
    I live in Miami & travelled to Hoover for a wedding & was worried wouldn’t find an artist, thank you! :)

Sent on 10/10/2018

Joy · Married on 07/28/2018

Melissa is absolutely amazing! She did a hair/makeup trial run for both my daughter (bride) and me and we loved her! After she did our wedding hair/makeup that day, we loved her even more! We had so many compliments!!! Melissa was punctual, very knowledgable, patient and caring. She knew just what to do. She also gave me several helpful hints about my hair/make-up that I continue to incorporate daily. My daughter and I are very, very pleased and are very glad we found Melissa. We highly recommend her!!
    Joy

Sent on 08/06/2018

sarah · Married on 07/21/2018

Melissa is amazing at what she does. She did my hair and makeup for both my engagement pictures and my wedding. She made sure that the trial run was exactly what I wanted, and then made sure to recreate exactly what we discussed on the wedding day. I truly felt beautiful all day and am so thankful that I hired Mel and her team.

Sent on 08/21/2018

Natalie · Married on 07/14/2018

Mel is the absolute BEST. I have worked with her for more than 10 years from pageants, photoshoots, etc. She is always so positive and loving. She is more than a friend... she is family!!! Hair and makeup is always flawless. She makes you feel confident and beautiful. I would recommend her to everyone for their big day!!!

Sent on 07/17/2018

Amy · Married on 06/23/2018

Melissa's team, Katie and Lindsey, were amazing. After being cancelled last minute by another business, Melissa was very responsive to my plea for help. They fit us in, and went above and beyond my expectations for both my wedding day hair and makeup. They really helped to make my day special!!

Sent on 06/27/2018
    Melissa Moore Bogardus 8
    Melissa Moore Bogardus 9

Kaitlin · Married on 05/12/2018

Melissa and her team made me feel PERFECT on my wedding day. All of my bridesmaids looked beyond gorgeous as well!! Melissa and her girls were such a pleasure to work with!! She made me feel calm and like everything was being handled. I couldn't say enough nice things about these sweet ladies, but I know I won't EVER DO ANY EVENT WITHOUT HER GOING FORWARD!!! Thank Y'all so much Y'all are my favs!

Sent on 05/14/2018
    Melissa Moore Bogardus 10

Lauren · Married on 05/12/2018

Maternity shoot

I had the best experience! I needed my hair and make up done at the last minute due to another artist cancelling and Erin did a fantastic job! I could not have been happier with my hair and make up. She even got up super early to meet me for 6:30 to have me ready by 8:00. I can’t brag on her enough!

Sent on 06/12/2019

Bhavna · Married on 04/22/2018

Mel and team make you feel like family. Every time I get to hang out with the crew is a joy. They get to know you and make sure your HMU works well with you features and personal style. They bent over backwards to make sure my eight bridesmaids, mom and sis were well cared for while they helped me through multiple dress and HMU changes. They have a great new booking system that keeps things orderly (with text reminders!!) So glad that I’ve been able to work with Mel for over a year and I couldn’t imagine anyone else being there for us during this entire processes!

Sent on 04/25/2018
    Melissa Moore Bogardus 11
    Melissa Moore Bogardus 12

Danielle · Married on 03/23/2018

Melissa and her assistants were amazing!!! She was so easy to book and work with leading up to the wedding. She did a beautiful job with hair and make-up, each bridesmaid and I were all so excited with how we looked! Thank you again Mel!!!

Sent on 04/10/2018
    Melissa Moore Bogardus 19
    Melissa Moore Bogardus 20
  • Whitney Y

Whitney · Married on 09/23/2017

We had Kaitlyn's team for my wedding and we loved them! I was so pleased with my hair and makeup! Kaitlyn rocked my style even after I decided to do something different than we had originally practiced. I truly felt like Cinderella and received SO MANY compliments on my hair! All 8 of my bridesmaids looked incredible and loved their hair and makeup too! I highly recommend Kaitlyn and her team!

Sent on 12/19/2016

Samantha · Married on 04/15/2017

Melissa was so great! She not only went out of her way to accommodate me on a Sunday in the first place, but then when weather changed my plans, she made herself flexible enough to allow me to change times on the same day as my engagement photos! She made the very stressful day, much less stressful for me! Oh, and best of all, she listened to exactly what I wanted and did a PERFECT job on my hair and makeup for my engagement photos! I can not say enough about Melissa. I would use her again for any event, and highly recommend her to anyone for engagement shoots or wedding day hair and makeup!

Sent on 06/06/2016

Ginny · Married on 10/22/2016

Melissa and her Staff had us looking Amazing ! I have never felt so beautiful. Her hair and makeup is perfection and it was very much worth the money. I can not stress enough how great it was not having to worry about my hair or makeup that day. It was all taken care of and was done to perfection.

Sent on 12/21/2016

Tamara · Married on 05/14/2016

The most talented makeup artist. We have used her numerous times and I cannot say enough great things about her and her work. I would highly recommend Melissa and her team . They are the best!!!!

Sent on 10/21/2015

Trish · Married on 10/02/2015

Melissa was so fun to get to know – from the trial run to the wedding day! She was easy to work with, and achieved exactly the look I wanted. I have a lot of skin allergies and she let me use my own makeup – which was flexible and easy going of her. Our moms and bridesmaids got their hair and makeup done, too, and they all looked great and had so much fun getting ready.

Sent on 11/13/2015

Sandy · Married on 09/05/2015

Melissa was very professional and did an amazing job for all the women in our bridal party, mothers and flower girls! There were 10 of us. She and her assistant met us at the venue and were set up ready to go when we arrived. Melissa and her assistant were time efficient and understood exactly what styles I wanted for hair and make-up. She even gave us a generous discount, which she didn't have to do. Everyone looked fabulous, and I would highly recommend her services to anyone for wedding/special event beauty needs!
    Thank you Melissa!
    ~Sandy
    Married Sept. 5, 2015

Sent on 01/01/2016

Catherine · Married on 05/02/2015

Maddie, one of the artists who works with Melissa Bogardus, was a blessing on the day of my son's wedding, which I planned. She did the bride's hair and makeup, the flower girls' hair, and my makeup before the noon wedding. Despite the fact that our group was much smaller than many wedding parties, Maddie spent all the time we needed with us and stayed calm despite the fact that some of the flower girls were running late. She is incredibly skillful and during our "preview" was very open to any requests for changes. Add to that the fact the price was fantastic. I highly recommend Maddie and Melissa Bogardus!

Sent on 05/12/2015

Robin · Married on 12/28/2014

Melissa did a great job on all of the Wedding party's hair and makeup.

Sent on 02/01/2015

Alison · Married on 06/07/2014

Amazing. We all looked wonderful through an incredibly hot and humid day. Melissa was kind enough to stay with us for touch-ups and was always there at the right moment to make sure every hair was in place.

Sent on 06/08/2014
  • User3190189 · 2+ years ago

Did an awesome job with my hair & makeup and everyone loved her! Truly a professional!

Sent on 12/17/2014

Ekaterina · Married on 03/01/2014

Melissa did my make up and hair for my engagement portraits and the wedding. She was amazing! I wanted a very natural look for my engagement portrait session and was very pleased with the look Melissa created. I also did a pre-wedding trial with her, where I showed her the picture of the make up I liked. She did a great job recreating it. We later decided I wanted a more natural look. Melissa listened, and my wedding make up and hair turned out amazing. I loved it! And received a lot of compliments.

She did my bridesmaids, my mom's and mother-in-law's hair and make up as well. Everyone was very pleased!

She and her assistants arrived on time and stayed on track. Everyone was ready by the time we started taking pictures.

I am so glad I chose Melissa to do my make up and hair!!!

Sent on 03/21/2014

All in all, one of my favorite vendors of my entire wedding. I was introduced to her via my wedding planner (AK Brides). She was willing to meet with me early in the morning on a Sunday before Christmas (the only time I had available in town before my wedding) - a completely inconvenient time for her - just to accommodate me for a trial run.

She listened to my ideas for hair and makeup and gave me her professional opinion on what looks best - trust this lady! She knows what works for your face shape/neckline!

As far as makeup goes, my trial run was VERY similar to my day-of-wedding makeup. Both were EXCELLENT! My make up stayed put ALL day and ALL night (applied ~1:00 pm and left reception ~10:30pm + lots of sweating/dancing).

My hair stayed in place (serious not a HAIR out of place) the entire time, too! Even after removing a veil - she gave my mom and sister advice about this.

One amazing service she offers is called "hair + eyes/lips/cheeks" where she can "upgrade" your bridal party/parents of bride+groom's hair/makeup. This is VERY affordable and a PERFECT option for your girls on the day of the wedding. Even better - she comes to your location to help you get ready rather than spending your day in a busy salon. It requires your bridal party to come with hair fixed like they would to go out for a nice evening (aka no wet hair, no ponytail w/ crease) + base makeup like they'd wear to the wedding. She then adds to the hair and adds to the makeup, making everyone look professionally done.

My favorite thing is how fun she was to hang out with! She taught hair and makeup tips to all my girls and made them all look fabulous.

BOOK THIS LADY - YOU WILL NOT BE SORRY!!

Sent on 03/09/2014

Melissa was amazing. She did the entire bridal parties hair and makeup and everyone loved everything.

Sent on 04/30/2013

Brittani · Married on 10/05/2012

Melissa and Jessica were on time to my home and made my entire wedding party look amazing. I hadn't slept in days and looked awful the morning or my wedding. Melissa and her magic spackle made me look amazing. I looked the best I have ever looked that day and that's the way it should be. Hire Melissa....you won't be sorry.

Sent on 11/07/2012

Melissa did mine, my bridesmaids', and my mom and mother-in-law's make-up...the results were wonderful, and I felt beautiful yet natural for my wedding day!

Sent on 07/24/2012