Melia Cozumel Reviews

4.9 out of 5 rating

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner

Stephanie W. Married on 04/10/2020

Perfect Fairy Tale Beach Wedding

Janett Zamudio was excellent at coordinating everything for me. The flowers were perfect, the timing and she even got my music request perfect! She was patient with my weeks of emails changing colors and details! Because of Janett my wedding was a fairy tale wedding.
    Rose M. Married on 09/23/2019

Melia Renewal of Vows in Cozemel

Janett was wonderful. Everything was more amazing than I imagined they went out of their way to make the event extra special. Melia Cozemel is perfect and Janett was great
  • Elgin
    Elgin S. Married on 01/12/2019

Highly recommend

Janet was very helpful and took care of everything!!!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
  • Kayla
    Kayla Married on 11/24/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Our 11/24/18 Beach Wedding was Perfect!!

I booked this venue based off reviews on here and TripAdvisor and am so glad I did! We booked a 7 night stay in a Royal Suite and therefore got a free wedding pakckage. I thought that maybe since the wedding package was free and didn’t have any guests attending that the wedding services would be mediocre at best, but I was wrong! Janett, the wedding coordinator was excellent! We planned the whole wedding via email and had no issues. I sent her pictures of what I wanted my bouquet to look like, as well as flowers for the gazebo arch and they were replicated wonderfully! We purchased a photography package and the photographer Ismael Torres was awesome! The photos he took were absolutely beautiful and he is very personable too.
    If we were to get married again we would definitely choose the Melia Cozumel Golf resort!
    Travis Married on 02/23/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Only being my wife and I we wanted a smaller package The team was happy to accommodate our request and it turned out great.
    Chelsea Married on 02/12/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We had an absolutely beautiful wedding thank you to the staff at Melia Resort and our wedding planner Jannet. We are so in love with our wedding photos that Monica Escatel took for us. Jannet referred Monica to us. When doing a destination wedding you never know exactly what you're going to get, however Jannet and Monica took care of us ! We had the prettiest wedding we could ever ask for and we have the best photos to bring back home and show our other friends and family who couldn't make it to our wedding. Our wedding planner Jannet took the time to make sure every detail was perfect is she was amazing to work with and made sure that I wasn't stressed about anything. Jannet also was the one to find us are DJ and he did an amazing job! And Monica photos are absolutely beautiful. She was at our wedding for 5 and 1/2 hours taking photos and then we took photos again the following day for an hour to get different shots I would completely recommend them. You would not regret it!
    Kathryn Married on 11/28/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    You want to have your wedding here!!! This resort was amazing. They took everything we envisioned and made it ten times better! We were here two years ago with our family and we chose it because of the beautiful location and the fact it was small enough we would be able to share time with all of our guests without having to search for them. It was the right choice. Enough opportunity for kids to have a bit of freedom and independence and close enough for parents to be happy! The dinner was seaside in a magically decorated venue and we were married twenty feet from the beach. Hands down the best week of vacation and the best wedding we could ever have hoped for. Janett made it easy and her team was flawless. Thank you again!!!
    Our photographers rocked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Monica Escatel and Oscar Acosta totally took us by surprise. We had our civil ceremony in Canada and we got amazing photos done here but we didn't know what to expect in Mexico. They did an incredible job. They were everywhere and the photos we took home were mind blowing. Would not hesitate to recommend them. We felt so happy! They captured not only all our special moments but they took photos of each family to take home as a memento! Price was very reasonable and the quality was out of this world. Thank you again!!!!
    Kat and Dave
    Ashley Married on 07/30/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    My husband and I just had our wedding at Melia Cozumel at the end of July and it was fantastic. The wedding was absolutely beautiful and our photos came our amazing. We would HIGHLY recommend having your wedding here and VERY HIGHLY recommend you use Monica Escatel and Alonso Escatel for photos. They take such incredible time, effort and pride in their work so that the photos will provide everlasting momentous of the beautiful day!
  • User2461366 Event on: 11/24/2015
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    The entire Staff were just amazing, the overall service provided to me & my spouse was GREAT! My wife and I would like to give a special thank you to Ms. Stephanie Phillips for making our entire stay the most enjoyable ever. Stephanie made our Anniversary very special for us. We had to move our time and and date a couple of times due to the weather conditions, and she kept everything flexible and with her assistance we had the most beautiful & unforgettable evening for renewing our wedding vows! Because of Stephanie, we are coming back to Melia if not in 2016, definitely in 2017.

Sincerly,
    James & Nora Beard
  • W
    Wilson Married on 11/10/2015
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We cannot thank Melia Cozumel, in special Stephanie Phillips, for taking so much care of us and our guest on our special date.
    Beautiful place, great energy, flexible and much more made the event to be more than we expected.
    We would also like to thank Miguel for being a very special minister.
    We could not have made a better choise.
    Michelle Married on 08/06/2015
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    When we first started looking into doing our Renewal of Vows in Cozumel we immediately ran into issues regarding the what, where, how and when of trying to plan this from the United States.....After researching online various locations we decided upon the Melia Vacation Club Cozumel - All Inclusive & Golf.......It was very apparent to us that we would need to lean on someone to helps us since we could not physically be there in person to express our needs.....This is where the "Wedding Planner Extraordinaire" Stephanie Phillips stepped up and handled literally everything for us via email and phone....Literally Everything!!! This was something I did not think would work but I can tell you it did....Not only did she handle the things we asked for, she also provided some really tremendous touches that we never even discussed that made this day even more special....Thanks Again Stephanie Phillips You are so Awesome!!!! One of our other concerns was capturing the beauty of Cozumel as well as the beauty of our Ceremony and blending the two without looking like a high school prom or awkward family photo time.... Again Stephanie brought in a fabulous addition to the team and introduced us to Monica Escatel.....All I can say is just let her do her job and you will be blessed like we were with an amazing collection of moments you can be very proud of and share forever with family and friends....
    Monica Escatel thanks again for showing us the real beauty of Melia Vacation Club Cozumel - All Inclusive & Golf as well as the absolutely amazing natural colors and light that came through so brilliantly in all our photos that we will look at and enjoy for many years to come!!!!
    Thanks Again to all the Employees, Staff, Management as well as Stephanie Phillips, and Monica Escatel....

You made our special day a day to remember!!

Thanks,

Floyd and Michelle Meyer

Emily Married on 07/25/2015
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Stephanie, my wedding planner did the most amazing job I could have ever asked for ! As a wedding planner in Las Vegas I was very particular about everything that I wanted. She did her best to accommodate me with all of my special requests. I came in January to check out the venue and she scheduled a menu tasting that she attended and took notes. She showed me chair and linen samples and even a back up plan in case of rain. Luckily the wedding day itself went off without a hitch thanks to her. I brought about five suitcases full of special decor and she even kindly set everything up for me and my guests. The ceremony and reception was beautiful and I couldnt have asked for a better day. I also have to mention that I chose Melia mostly because of how great Stephanie was with her prompt communication back and forth with me which was a huge concern since I was in another country .

Thanks again Stephanie!
    Lupita Married on 05/23/2015
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Everything went extremely well. Totally stress free. Stephanie was very helpful.
    Gina Married on 05/08/2015
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I would recommend Stephanie the coordinator and the entire staff. The photographer Monica also did an incredible job with our pictures, the slide show and making sure all were included. We couldn't have picked a more memorable place and give this resort a 10!! in every way! We went there for our 3rd year in row and will continue to go every year and hopefully be able to continue as long as the wonderful man we met there that was on his 30th year. Thank you for making our vacation and day perfect in every way!!!
    Gina Married on 05/08/2015
  • User2144226 2+ years ago
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We would recommend Stephanie the coordinator and the entire staff. The photographer Monica also did an incredible job with our pictures, they look like postcards. We took a cruise to the island and the whole staff was waiting for us. Thank you for making our wedding day perfect in every way!
    Karen Married on 04/01/2015
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    The entire staff at the Melia was very friendly and flexible. Stephanie, the wedding coordinator, was patient with me and my 500 e-mails I sent to her from January to March. She had everything under control and answered all of our questions. She was even one of our witnesses since my fiancé and I were there without family. Alonso set up our video person (who did a wonderful job) and got Monica to take our pictures. Monica was fun to work with. She took several pictures of us on the beach at sunset. All of her pictures turned out great! Like I said, the entire wedding planning staff was fabulous. We had a great time!
    Peter Married on 12/17/2014
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Are wedding on Dec 17 2014 was a great day and all the staff at the Melia Cozumel great job for me and Susan. We are planning to come back in the near future. Peter Susan Kennedy
    Cinthya Married on 07/03/2014
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Stephanie at Melia was very helpful throughout the planning of my wedding. Since I live in the US we did everything through emails and phone calls. Yes I was a little worried at first since I had never been to the venue or hotel and I am a control freak but she was very assuring throughout the entire time and send me photos of previous weddings she had planned. I meet with her upon my arrival and went through everything once more. I didn't have to worry about anything the entire time I was there. I arrived 6 days prior to the wedding and was able to enjoy the amentias and not worry about any planning of the wedding. She took care of everything for us. Even the day of the wedding we had to make a last minute change due to the weather but the wedding turned out the best! She gave me contacts to the photographer and makeup and hair stylist. Both of the photographer and the makeup/hairstylist did an amazing job. Everyone at the hotel were so friendly and helpful. I would do another event here again.

Melia Cozumel's reply:

Thank you for your comments Cinthya, it was a pleasure meeting you!
    Stephanie Married on 06/15/2015
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We scheduled our wedding ceremony for Saturday, June 14. Naturally, there was a tropical storm and it rained fiercely all day! On very short notice, Stephanie and Violetta were awesome and saw that every detail of our ceremony was moved to the following morning. Even though we weren't able to have our ceremony on the beach, it was amazing and everything we had hoped for. The sun did peak out after the ceremony to allow us to get some beautiful photographs. Everyone who was involved were simply terrific! Great value and lots of fun!
    Teresa Married on 04/22/2015
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I recently celebrated my sister's wedding with the amazing staff at Melia Cozumel.
    Stephanie and her team were absolutely fantastic and went over the top to accommodate all of our wedding requests and plans.
    Monica, who was our photographer took stunning photos of the wedding, the happy couple and the party.
    She was flexible, hard working and the result was beautiful.
    A big thank you to the staff at Melia Cozumel, we couldn't be happier!

Teresa
    Kristin Married on 04/20/2015
      4.5 out of 5 rating
    I truly Enjoyed our wedding at Melia. Our photographer Monica Escatel was awesome. She was so friendly and did an amazing job. We love our pictures. Our wedding coordinator did a great job also. We would highly recommend having a wedding here.
    Damon B. Married on 04/30/2022
    4.6 out of 5 rating

Beautiful intimate resort.

Beautiful intimate resort, any couple will love it there. Went for my wife's birthday & purposed there on her birthday. Then we decided to get married there a year later! Everything there is wonderful...airport is only 6 minutes away which is great. Only thing is BEWARE of the birds at the snack restaurant! They fly and take the food off your plate while you're eating. It's very annoying & frustrating. The staff does very little about it!!
  • DShanna
    Dshanna Married on 02/16/2020
    4.6 out of 5 rating

Wonderful Experience at Melia Cozumel

We had a destination wedding at the Melia Golf Resort. I reached out eight months before our date to request a date. They only have one wedding per day. I believe our wedding was the only wedding that took place while we were there in mid February. Our wedding coordinator Janett did a great job staying in touch and answering any questions we had. Janett left the resort a couple months before our wedding but Alejandro took over the planning and did a wonderful job. We originally chose the Tides package but upgraded to the Tropical Fairy Tale package which included decor/florals, setup/staff, wedding ceremony, cocktail hour & private reception. Everything was on/near the beach. We paid extra for a photographer & a DJ. I was very happy how everything went. The design looked like the reference photos that I emailed. We also chose to have a Xamen do a ceremony. Our Xamen was really wonderful and did a great job keeping things fun and light. All of our guests raved that it was one of the best weddings that they have attended. I highly recommend the Melia Cozumel. The staff was wonderful & friendly. Everything went smoothly the day of and we could not have had a better experience.
  • User2182567 2+ years ago
    4.4 out of 5 rating
      4.0 out of 5 rating
    The staff was amazing and friendly and helpful to me as well as my family. Would highly recommend it!
illustration stars