DavidAnn Reviews

DavidAnn 6
DavidAnn 7

Keziah · Getting married on 01/04/2020

Exceptional

Kim is PHENOMENAL! If you have a chance to hire her, do so without hesitation. I rarely write reviews, but if I do it’s because it’s that great. She was easy to work with, had different cues that brought out our natural selves. My fiancé and I were so comfortable in front of her cameras the whole time. She went over and beyond to capture the right angles, that resulted in some unreal photos. She delivered what was promised and then some in record time. We love our photos, and so has everyone that has seen them. They will be featured in our save the date, website, wedding, and new home :)
    Thank you so much, Kim.

Sent on 07/08/2019

Elise H · Married on 05/11/2019

Book this photographer!

Kim is such a kind, creative, talented photographer. I totally trusted her as she made me feel so comfortable and relaxed in front of the camera. She’s up for anything and has a great attitude and spirit! You’ll be in great hands with her!

Sent on 11/04/2018

DavidAnn's reply:

Aww.. thank you, Elise for those kind words.. it was such a pleasure photographing you and I had so much fun bringing your vision to life!!!
  • elisehandler

Kenzie · Married on 05/11/2019

Hire kim and noah

Noah and Kim were so much fun and were so thankful for the images they captured for us. Right from the start they were easy to work with - we ended up having to change our date and location and they were able to be flexible and work around our busy schedules. Before our shoot Kim helped me with suggestions on what to wear / bring and just overall put me at ease with every conversation. I was nervous that my non photo loving fiance would be uncomfortable but fast forward to our engagement shoot day and we couldn't have been happier with this duo. Noah and Kim right away feel like long time friends. The conversation was easy and we never felt awkward or uncomfortable which is so important because now that we have our gallery back you can see we are relaxed and at ease. We were so thankful to be able to bring our dog along and loved how Kim and Noah interacted with our pup but also that they gave us the perfect mix of photos of just the two of us and then with our dog included. We were able to go to multiple locations and Kim kept things moving along perfectly so we were never bored or tired holding the same pose / location / position. Our images are beautiful and we will cherish them forever. We can't wait to work with them again on our wedding day. If you are looking for a relaxed, comfortable, non-stuffy/pretentious couple who will rock your day, you've found your dream team. Thank you so much Kim and Noah!

Sent on 02/01/2019

DavidAnn's reply:

OMG guys!!!!! I can't believe this...
    We are beyond words and joy, just knowing that you and Alex felt so loved and had fun during our session, makes us so grateful to be doing the work we do with our couples! So happy to know that you loved all of your photos and that your experience with us felt comfortable and easy! We can't wait to celebrate your wedding soon! (:
  • lindsay

lindsay · Married on 02/16/2019

obsessed with my engagement photos

From the first interaction Kim was so responsive and helpful. She helped create a package in my budget, talked me through outfits, and was flexible about locations when we were due to have a snow storm. It was like texting a friend.
    Day of, her and Noah were so nice (and the pleasant surprise of a second shooter was amazing) and we felt very comfortable. We were unsure how we were going to pose and be cute, but she gave us great direction and made it so easy. My fiancé, who was pretty indifferent about photos, even said it was fun and he was glad we did it. She got our edited photos back to us even earlier than she said she would, and they were beyond wonderful. She braved the cold and got all the snowy pictures I dreamed of. 10 out of 10 would recommend!

Sent on 02/19/2019
    DavidAnn 12
    DavidAnn 13
    DavidAnn 14
    DavidAnn 15
    DavidAnn 16
    DavidAnn 17

DavidAnn's reply:

omg-omg, Lindsay- reading this just made my heart skipped a beat...I'm can't tell you how grateful I feel to know that you absolutely loved your photos and the part where you said it was like texting a friend (the feeling was mutual!) I'm so glad Pat enjoyed himself too, I could tell during our session and while I was editing them- you guys are so perfect and wish you so much happiness!!!

David · Married on 11/16/2018

Hiring Mela Photo was the best choice!

I have gotten the chance to work with Kim on numerous events recently, and every time I am blown away. Her attention to detail in her photos in unmatched. She is incredibly professional and truly does put her clients first. I have loved working with her so much that we hired her for our personal family photos as well, and those are truly photos that have a timeless style and will be treasured always.

Sent on 01/15/2019

Crave Design · Married on 10/01/2018

Beautiful Wedding Photography

I worked with Kim on a wedding bridal shoot recently. She was extremely professional and flexible while working with different vendors. The photos she provided were stunning! I'm so happy to have had a chance to work with her and can't wait to refer her to future couples for their wedding.

Sent on 11/16/2018

Savanah · Married on 09/08/2018

Calm, collected, talented and kind

Kim and Noah were so easy to communicate and plan with. Their experience helped provide insight into my wedding timeline that was invaluable. It may sound silly but I was feeling a lot of weird pressure to impress our photographers (everything always looks so perfect on social media so how could I possibly accomplish perfection on one of the most hectic days of my life?!). Kim and Noah were so personable and understanding that anxiety melted away and my husband and I had what felt more like a fun hang out session with two really cool people who happened to be taking our pictures. I was really lucky to find Mela Photo kind of last minute and I am so, so thankful they had our day available. All of our friends and family are absolutely in love with our photos (as are we OF COURSE). My best friend said our photos are the best wedding photos she's seen and I am inclined to agree. Thank you Kim and Noah from Reid and Savanah.

Sent on 01/30/2019
    DavidAnn 18
    DavidAnn 19

Savanah and Reid,
    We are soooo fortunate to have been part of your day because we honestly felt like we were at a friends wedding! We loved the soul, the heart, and every little pretty detail that went into the making of this day!!

Riji · Married on 09/07/2018

Thank you Kim for helping this camera-shy couple by working magic with your lens! While posing for pics usually leave me all conscious and acutely aware of my limbs (!), you went out of your way to make the session into a fun, effortless one. Thank you for giving us those gorgeous, creative images against the backdrop of Kerala’s backwaters. We love you and your brilliant work!

Sent on 09/07/2018

Sarah · Married on 08/18/2018

Great choice to capture our wedding

Kim and Noah were a delight to have at our wedding. We typically don’t like being in the spotlight, but they made us feel so comfortable and brought out the best in us. They captured every moment that we cared about beautifully. I never expected to love my wedding photos as much as I do. Kim and Noah are a top notch team and choosing them to capture your day would be a great choice.

Sent on 02/09/2019

Andrea · Married on 08/14/2018

Kim did our engagement photoshoot and to say that her work is of excellent quality is an understatement. Her pictures speak volumes and tell a story in itself. She made our photoshoot fun which put us, camera-shy people at ease. She catches the vision of the couple and what they want their photos to say and translates that into images that speak volumes. She does this with tact that one does not feel the pressure of standing before a camera and posing. My fiance and I did not think we would have fun doing a photoshoot but she made our shoot one that would capture memories that we still talk and laugh about.

Sent on 06/20/2018

DavidAnn's reply:

Andrea, I'm so honored to have taken yours and Paul's photos. Your thoughts reflecting on your time with me is a huge testament of why I do what I do. I'm so happy that you felt comfortable and feel that your photos are a true reflection of your relationship! (:

Ashley · Married on 06/23/2018

It was SO great working with Kim and her husband! Not only were they professional, they were so fun! They took so many great photos! I couldn't have asked for a better team to work with!

Sent on 07/27/2018
    DavidAnn 20
    DavidAnn 21
    DavidAnn 22
    DavidAnn 23

Ashley · Married on 06/16/2018

After struggling to find an affordable photographer with a phenomenal portfolio, I came across Kim with MELA Photo. After speaking with her about options and viewing her past work, I knew she would be perfect. Throughout the planning process she was responsive and helpful and thorough. When she arrived at our venue the day of our wedding she was very professional and even brought an apprentice shooter with her (extra photos!!!). She stuck with everything we wanted and followed the timeline great. We just got our photos back and I am blown away and crying tears of joy! There is no reason not to pick this very talented lady to capture those very important moments of your life :) THANK YOU KIM!!

Sent on 07/11/2018
    DavidAnn 28
    DavidAnn 29
    DavidAnn 30

Ashley & Nate,
    I can’t thank you enough for those kind & thoughtful remarks!! It was truly an honor to be part of your day, I had sooo much fun taking pictures and getting to know you guys!! <3

K · Married on 06/08/2018

Kim shot my wedding, to put it simply, we loved working with her. She made the whole day so easy and fun!! She made sure all our photo needs were taken care of, she was patient, super helpful (by holding my dress, keeping track of a lot of logistics) and she made it super fun for our bridal party and family.

Sent on 09/15/2017

Alexandria · Married on 06/02/2018

Kim is a wonder! I felt like a friend was taking my photos, and she was so open to any ideas Jon and I had. She and her husband took pictures for our wedding and I was absolutely in love with the result! They are so elegant and beautiful, but still reveal exactly who my husband and I are as a couple.

Sent on 07/31/2018
    DavidAnn 31
    DavidAnn 32
    DavidAnn 33
    DavidAnn 34
    DavidAnn 35
    DavidAnn 36

Nicolette Wolverton · Married on 05/11/2018

Well captured moments of a new chapter

I had previously had the pleasure of having Kim as a co-worker so I knew we would work together well. She made everyone feel relaxed and scouted out the perfect locations. The pictures turned out beautifully. Couldn't have asked for a better experience!

Sent on 02/10/2019

Brooke · Married on 03/30/2018

Kim did a fabulous job on our wedding photos. She was so personable and easy to work with. We screwed up the date of our wedding on the contract and she dropped everything to quickly save the day. Looking forward to working with her again someday!

Sent on 05/27/2018
    DavidAnn 37

DavidAnn's reply:

Thanks Brooke and Kyle, it was an honor to be part of your special day!
  • F

fardin · Married on 02/24/2018

Kim was a winderful photographer and I strongly recommend her. She was flexible with our timing and budget and shot super duper awesome pictures. She is very professional and does an excellent job.

Sent on 03/13/2018
    DavidAnn 43
    DavidAnn 44
    DavidAnn 45

DavidAnn's reply:

Fardin & Alia, I was so honored to be part of your beautiful and heartfelt ceremony!

Samuel · Married on 01/06/2018

Kim was a guest at our wedding. As a kind gesture, she offered to click us on our wedding day and asked us to give her a 30 minute slot. We had already hired a photographing team and it was hard to give her that time as it was an extremely busy day for us. We could hardly give her 15 minutes to click us and that too when the daylight had pretty much faded. In that short period and with insufficient daylight, she clicked some of the most amazing pictures that look so intimate and real. She has such a warm spirit and knows how to make one feel comfortable in front of the camera.

Sent on 03/03/2018

Tana · Married on 10/31/2017

Kim, of MELA Photo, came to our home for an early morning couples shoot. She came promptly on time and we got started with the shoot right away. My boyfriend and I have never taken professional photos together so I was worried we would look staged or awkward. Kim provided amazing guidance and direction to really produce natural/fluid photos. In the end, she produced some beautiful, soft and sultry (exactly what we wanted) shots. We are very happy and would highly recommend MELA to any couple!

Sent on 10/12/2017

Jean · Married on 10/14/2017

Is it okay to say that it was 'love at first sight' when we were referred to Kim's work?(:
    Our friends were married last year and had Kim as their photographer, and so when we got engaged they like many of our married friends sent us their recommendations. We looked through quite a few photographers but really resonated with Kim/Mela's picturess and her story. We felt like we had a 'professional friend' to take care of our photographs.... & we absolutely loved and couldn't be more happy with our photos!!!

Sent on 12/04/2017

Jami · Married on 09/16/2017

Kim was wonderful to work with and we absolutely love the beautiful photos she took for us! She was very professional, but so easy going and relaxed, which put everyone at ease. Kim went the extra step to help us catch the mood and spirit of the day, and the photos she took are just what we hoped for.

Sent on 10/04/2017

Lacy · Married on 07/14/2017

Kim is an absolute dream. She wants her clients to feel the most relaxed and valued to be in their element for the most genuine photos. She is so authentic in her approach to photography and her heart for the client. I would recommend her again and again!!!

Sent on 10/12/2017

Lacey · Married on 05/06/2017

Working with Kim was such a wonderful experience! We’ve been familiar with her work for years now, and we completely trusted her creativity with both our wedding and engagement photos. I went in with almost no specific photo requests, and our pictures turned out beautifully! I truly could not have asked for anything better. Kim was genuinely focused on capturing the heart of our relationship, and that was so special to me. She was consistently kind, accommodating, understanding, and so warm to us. Our wedding day certainly would not have been what it was without her, and we are so grateful!

Sent on 01/08/2018

Celia · Married on 03/11/2017

Kim at Mela brings peace, creativity, and life to everything she touches! Working with her on styled shoots and at a wedding was easy, fun, and the quality of photographs delivered were incredible! As a wedding planner and designer I love working with kind, creative, and flexible people. Mela is all of that!! Kim approaches each event with so much joy and gives it her all. She loves her clients deeply and instantly becomes your vendor bff.

Sent on 10/05/2017