Mela-Photo Reviews

Mela-Photo 5
Mela-Photo 6
Mela-Photo 7

K · Married on 12/04/2018

Kim shot my wedding, to put it simply, we loved working with her. She made the whole day so easy and fun!! She made sure all our photo needs were taken care of, she was patient, super helpful (by holding my dress, keeping track of a lot of logistics) and she made it super fun for our bridal party and family.

David · Married on 11/16/2018

Hiring Mela Photo was the best choice!

I have gotten the chance to work with Kim on numerous events recently, and every time I am blown away. Her attention to detail in her photos in unmatched. She is incredibly professional and truly does put her clients first. I have loved working with her so much that we hired her for our personal family photos as well, and those are truly photos that have a timeless style and will be treasured always.

Crave Design · Married on 10/01/2018

Beautiful Wedding Photography

I worked with Kim on a wedding bridal shoot recently. She was extremely professional and flexible while working with different vendors. The photos she provided were stunning! I'm so happy to have had a chance to work with her and can't wait to refer her to future couples for their wedding.

Riji · Married on 09/07/2018

Thank you Kim for helping this camera-shy couple by working magic with your lens! While posing for pics usually leave me all conscious and acutely aware of my limbs (!), you went out of your way to make the session into a fun, effortless one. Thank you for giving us those gorgeous, creative images against the backdrop of Kerala’s backwaters. We love you and your brilliant work!

Andrea · Married on 08/14/2018

Kim did our engagement photoshoot and to say that her work is of excellent quality is an understatement. Her pictures speak volumes and tell a story in itself. She made our photoshoot fun which put us, camera-shy people at ease. She catches the vision of the couple and what they want their photos to say and translates that into images that speak volumes. She does this with tact that one does not feel the pressure of standing before a camera and posing. My fiance and I did not think we would have fun doing a photoshoot but she made our shoot one that would capture memories that we still talk and laugh about.

Sent on 06/20/2018

Mela-Photo's reply:

Andrea, I'm so honored to have taken yours and Paul's photos. Your thoughts reflecting on your time with me is a huge testament of why I do what I do. I'm so happy that you felt comfortable and feel that your photos are a true reflection of your relationship! (:

Ashley · Married on 06/23/2018

It was SO great working with Kim and her husband! Not only were they professional, they were so fun! They took so many great photos! I couldn't have asked for a better team to work with!

Mela-Photo 8
    Mela-Photo 9
    Mela-Photo 10
    Mela-Photo 11

Ashley · Married on 06/16/2018

After struggling to find an affordable photographer with a phenomenal portfolio, I came across Kim with MELA Photo. After speaking with her about options and viewing her past work, I knew she would be perfect. Throughout the planning process she was responsive and helpful and thorough. When she arrived at our venue the day of our wedding she was very professional and even brought an apprentice shooter with her (extra photos!!!). She stuck with everything we wanted and followed the timeline great. We just got our photos back and I am blown away and crying tears of joy! There is no reason not to pick this very talented lady to capture those very important moments of your life :) THANK YOU KIM!!

Sent on 07/11/2018
    Mela-Photo 16
    Mela-Photo 17
    Mela-Photo 18

Ashley & Nate,
    I can’t thank you enough for those kind & thoughtful remarks!! It was truly an honor to be part of your day, I had sooo much fun taking pictures and getting to know you guys!! <3

Alexandria · Married on 06/02/2018

Kim is a wonder! I felt like a friend was taking my photos, and she was so open to any ideas Jon and I had. She and her husband took pictures for our wedding and I was absolutely in love with the result! They are so elegant and beautiful, but still reveal exactly who my husband and I are as a couple.

Mela-Photo 19
    Mela-Photo 20
    Mela-Photo 21
    Mela-Photo 22
    Mela-Photo 23
    Mela-Photo 24

Brooke · Married on 03/30/2018

Kim did a fabulous job on our wedding photos. She was so personable and easy to work with. We screwed up the date of our wedding on the contract and she dropped everything to quickly save the day. Looking forward to working with her again someday!

Sent on 05/27/2018
    Mela-Photo 25

Mela-Photo's reply:

Thanks Brooke and Kyle, it was an honor to be part of your special day!
  • F

fardin · Married on 02/24/2018

Kim was a winderful photographer and I strongly recommend her. She was flexible with our timing and budget and shot super duper awesome pictures. She is very professional and does an excellent job.

Sent on 03/13/2018
    Mela-Photo 31
    Mela-Photo 32
    Mela-Photo 33

Mela-Photo's reply:

Fardin & Alia, I was so honored to be part of your beautiful and heartfelt ceremony!

Samuel · Married on 01/06/2018

Kim was a guest at our wedding. As a kind gesture, she offered to click us on our wedding day and asked us to give her a 30 minute slot. We had already hired a photographing team and it was hard to give her that time as it was an extremely busy day for us. We could hardly give her 15 minutes to click us and that too when the daylight had pretty much faded. In that short period and with insufficient daylight, she clicked some of the most amazing pictures that look so intimate and real. She has such a warm spirit and knows how to make one feel comfortable in front of the camera.

Tana · Married on 10/31/2017

Kim, of MELA Photo, came to our home for an early morning couples shoot. She came promptly on time and we got started with the shoot right away. My boyfriend and I have never taken professional photos together so I was worried we would look staged or awkward. Kim provided amazing guidance and direction to really produce natural/fluid photos. In the end, she produced some beautiful, soft and sultry (exactly what we wanted) shots. We are very happy and would highly recommend MELA to any couple!

Jean · Married on 10/14/2017

Is it okay to say that it was 'love at first sight' when we were referred to Kim's work?(:
    Our friends were married last year and had Kim as their photographer, and so when we got engaged they like many of our married friends sent us their recommendations. We looked through quite a few photographers but really resonated with Kim/Mela's picturess and her story. We felt like we had a 'professional friend' to take care of our photographs.... & we absolutely loved and couldn't be more happy with our photos!!!

Jami · Married on 09/16/2017

Kim was wonderful to work with and we absolutely love the beautiful photos she took for us! She was very professional, but so easy going and relaxed, which put everyone at ease. Kim went the extra step to help us catch the mood and spirit of the day, and the photos she took are just what we hoped for.

Lacy · Married on 07/14/2017

Kim is an absolute dream. She wants her clients to feel the most relaxed and valued to be in their element for the most genuine photos. She is so authentic in her approach to photography and her heart for the client. I would recommend her again and again!!!

Lacey · Married on 05/06/2017

Working with Kim was such a wonderful experience! We’ve been familiar with her work for years now, and we completely trusted her creativity with both our wedding and engagement photos. I went in with almost no specific photo requests, and our pictures turned out beautifully! I truly could not have asked for anything better. Kim was genuinely focused on capturing the heart of our relationship, and that was so special to me. She was consistently kind, accommodating, understanding, and so warm to us. Our wedding day certainly would not have been what it was without her, and we are so grateful!

Celia · Married on 03/11/2017

Kim at Mela brings peace, creativity, and life to everything she touches! Working with her on styled shoots and at a wedding was easy, fun, and the quality of photographs delivered were incredible! As a wedding planner and designer I love working with kind, creative, and flexible people. Mela is all of that!! Kim approaches each event with so much joy and gives it her all. She loves her clients deeply and instantly becomes your vendor bff.

Celestina · Married on 01/08/2016

Kim and i met first met over face time. Since i already knew about her love for photography, my husband (Robin) and I didn't hesitate in asking Kim to do our 2nd wedding anniversary shoot. Kim is an incredible photographer and we could not have chosen a better photographer to document our anniversary. She made us feel at ease so we could just be ourselves through the day. Photos turned out stunning and we are so grateful! Not only would we recommend her – we would shout it from the rooftops!

Sent on 05/21/2018

Mela-Photo's reply:

So kind of you to write this, I certainly enjoyed our session!

Kez · Married on 05/13/2017

We loved having Kim take our photos. When we received our photos, we were blown away by the detail and special attention she paid to all our needs. She was very professional and personable and very respectful. Our wedding photos are absolutely beautiful and we can’t wait to print them and hang them on our wall!(:

Milena · Married on 08/11/2018

We found Kim through Wedding Wire. After the initial email we sent her asking about availability, pricing, etc., she responded quickly, within 24 hours. We liked that she was willing to do a phone or video call since we were not living in the Northwest. What we liked from her work is that we felt she captured candid moments effortlessly and she had experience with shooting different religious/ethnic weddings. We liked that she also edited the shots accurately and didn't dull any colors and captured the happiness that we felt after the wedding ceremony and during the reception. We also loved that she found a great location for our couple's portraits after we said we wanted a more foresty feel.

There were two things that we wish could have been different. First, the area of where the ceremony happened was pretty busy with other people. We wish Kim or someone else would have cleared the background of people not involved in our wedding. Second, we wish that we had more pictures of small family groups (e.g. us with the family of our siblings). However, we think that was mostly on us because we could've written specific small family group shots as a request in our questionnaire. I even recall her asking us before we left the ceremony location if there were any other shots that we would like for her to take...you can already imagine how we were thinking of a lot of other things and at the moment, we didn't even think of the small family groups. So, my advice as a bride is to make sure you write down All the group shots you want down in the questionnaire because it will completely slip your mind the day of!

All in all, we recommend her! She is fun, nice, and understands your personality quickly. She is a great photographer and it is clear that she loves her work!

Mela-Photo 34