Megan Dailor Photography Reviews

36 | Rochester, NY

36 Reviews for Megan Dailor Photography

36 Megan Dailor Photography Reviews

Natalie · Married on 07/28/2018

I had a specific vision in mind for our wedding photos. I wanted someone not only to take pictures of the day, but be able to capture the real emotions of the people who shared it with us. When I saw Megan’s photos my gut told me she was the right person for the job. What can I say, she exceeded our expectations! Megan’s bubbly personality makes everyone feel confident and comfortable in front of the camera. You can tell that she loves what she does because she is laughing and having a good time as she is snapping away. She wants to capture you in the best light and did everything in her power to make that happen for us. So many people have gone out their way to compliment us on our wedding pictures and numerous people have said that they are the best wedding pictures they have ever seen! We are so grateful to have found such a talented artist to be with us on our special day! We give her our highest recommendation!

Kari · Married on 06/09/2018

Literally cannot recommend Megan enough! We had found her first for our engagement photos and knew that she would be a perfect fit for our wedding as well.

Aside from being the bomb dot com for a photographer, she is an incredible person and was just a joy to have with us during our day. She was incredibly helpful in recommending timing for certain aspects of the day such as our first look and family photos. She kept everything running smoothly and it felt like she was barely there. However, she was able to get some AMAZING photos throughout the night. Just our preview album alone was sheer perfection - we cannot wait to see the rest!

If you want a photographer who absolutely knows what she's doing in addition to being a super fun part of your wedding day, Megan is your gal!

Cora · Married on 04/01/2017

We are so thrilled and grateful to Megan for her amazing photos of our wedding. She was an absolute pleasure to work with from the initial consult through getting our images back. She was super responsive to our requests and made sure that we have beautiful photos with every member of our family. When we received our teaser album less than a week after our wedding, I would have been happy just with those pictures, and was beyond amazed and thrilled when she delivered hundreds of more beautiful pictures. Everything from the initial contract signing to receiving the most thoughtful and adorable package of our photos was easy and perfect. Would highly recommend Megan to anyone looking for a photographer!

Jean · Married on 06/11/2016

Megan is fantastic - personality plus! She is easy going, friendly, fits right in all while being extremely professional. She is inconspicuous while taking tons of photos at ceremony and reception. Her photography is creative and innovative. The resulting photos are spectacular and will be a constant reminder of a perfect day! Thank you, Megan!

Megan was the photographer at my wedding, my maid of honor's wedding and her sister's wedding! We have had such a wonderful experience getting to know Megan over the last two years and she does amazing photography work. She is fun, kind, personable and professional. We planned our wedding long distance and Megan was always happy to make herself available when we were in town or needed to Skype as an alternative. We are looking forward to working with Megan again in the future when we are ready for baby photos!

Lynn · Married on 07/31/2015

Megan did a wonderful job on our wedding photos. They are absolutely stunning! She was so great with capturing those small, but important, moments that are so easy to miss. Our day was a whirlwind and she documented everything so well. Megan was a pleasure to work with, she made the whole process fun and easy.

Janet · Married on 07/11/2015

Megan was such a pleasure to meet and have as one of our vendors on my daughter's wedding day. She truly captured the joy and emotion, the celebration, and the personalities of everyone that day. I am so happy Megan was available. Her photos caught everything . . . you could almost see the lump in the grooms throat when he saw his bride-to-be, you could see her smile light up the church when she say him, the emotion of dad and daughter as they walked down the aisle, the reactions to a little joking during the speeches . . . all the passion, all the joy, all the love. The photos are beautiful! My husband and I sat here going through them and felt so many emotions as we relived the day, tears and laughter . . . Perfect! I would love to do it all over again without the stress, without the wardrobe malfunction, and 10 pounds thinner . . . that’s all in my dreams! But we have another daughter! Thank you Megan.

Megan is so talented. She has the perfect eye to capture special moments - from fun ones to special ones. Her knowledge of light makes her photos outstanding. She moves thru the event so seamlessly the guests are unaware of her working. The finished product shows the essence of the event from formal to relaxed. She has truly found her calling, and the couples who hire her for their wedding will be ecstatic at the finished product.

Megan was outstanding, truly outstanding. She is everything that anyone is looking for in a wedding photographer. She was timely, professional, and unbelievably good at coordinating picture taking so that all parties could enjoy the wedding and reception.

The photos that Megan produced for our wedding are incredible. As one friend who could not attend said to my husband and I, "Looking at these pictures, I feel like I was there!" Her work is pristine, she is meticulous about her shots and editing and the end products shows this clearly. I have had at least a half a dozen family members say to me that they cannot decide which pictures they want prints of because all of the pictures are so good. I feel the same.

I am so grateful that Megan was our photographer and you will not regret your choice if you decide to work with her. Run don't walk to book her!

Nadia · Married on 09/27/2014

Megan took the time to review our event with us prior to our wedding day so she knew what photographs would be important for us to have. She was patient, understanding, and really helped to ensure that we got the pictures that really captured our special day! For my husband and I, the photographer was the most important vendor that we had to decide on for our wedding. We wanted to make sure that we made the perfect selection so that we would have professional photos that featured our ceremony, venue, guests, and the overall atmosphere. We couldn't have made a better selection when we decided on Megan! We can't wait to work with her on our wedding album!!!

Jillian · Married on 08/16/2014

I couldn't give a stronger recommendation for Megan as a photographer! She was incredibly quick in her responsiveness and was also very personable. My husband and I are not very photogenic people and often feel incredibly awkward in front of the camera, so we were a bit nervous for how our wedding pictures would be. If we had known that Megan was going to be so phenomenal, we wouldn't have worried at all! She's very fun but also very professional- she makes you feel relaxed but also gives you enough structure to know that she's done this before and will take care of everything before you can even be worried about it. She gives you prompting for posing so that you know you're going to look good without it being stiff. There's a great balance of posed pictures, but she's amazing at capturing the candids and the raw emotion of the moment. We couldn't be happier with how our pictures turned out, but also with the experience we had with Megan as a person. I hope she's the photographer for every future wedding or event our family has!

Aliya · Married on 07/05/2014

Megan was amazing! We got married in Geneva, NY and live in Palm Beach Gardens, FL, so finding vendors from a far was a task!! I could not be happier with our decision to go with Megan Dailor Photography. She was so much fun with our outgoing wedding party. We have seen some 'preview' photos and they are simply gorgeous and we can not wait to see the rest.

Randi · Married on 06/21/2014

What can i say about Megan??? I found a photo of hers while searching about the Woodcliff as a venue. I stalked her blog for weeks and finally said "I have to meet this person!" I booked her two years in advance of our wedding and I am SOOO glad I did. We took engagement photos and had a blast! She is soo much fun and the photos look amazing! She is so talented. The day of the wedding she showed up right on time and got to work. I made her run all over Rochester that day to get the photos I wanted. She is such a pro. She put a photo from our wedding up that night and had 31 photo preview a week later! We were looking at them on our honeymoon. And they are amazing!! She always picks an "MVP," of the dance floor and it was so much fun competing at our reception on the dance floor for the title. I will use Megan for EVER! She has us as customers for life. Book her, you will not regret it!!

Jess · Married on 10/05/2013

Megan Dailor is amazing to work with! I found her website shortly after getting engaged last July. I immediately contacted her because I fell in love with her photos and the narratives she wrote. She is even funnier in person! She was an absolute pleasure to work with right from the start. She met us twice before the actual wedding and we corresponded via email several times. She was not only incredibly professional throughout the entire experience but she was so fun, approachable, enthusiastic and easy to work with (and incredibly helpful! she helped us find our videographer!) Im pretty confident my husband and I would be good friends with her if we lived close by. :) We were able to give Megan some ideas on photos we definitely wanted her to take and she was open to everything. She didn't miss a beat the entire day though. I spent a lot of time working on small details of the wedding and she made sure to catch them all. It was so fun looking at the dvd once we received them. She told our story perfectly. I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for an amazing photographer who is also super fun to work with. I look forward to continuing to work with her in the future! Thank you Megan!

Theresa · Married on 09/28/2013

Megan is amazing! She is professional, fun, and very talented. When I was shopping around for photographer I found some with a similar style to Meg yet much more expensive. For the amazing quality of work that we got, Meg is a fantastic value. She stayed until almost the end of the reception (at no extra charge) and caught some great moments.

The only regret I have is that there was not 2 of her! We had 2 very active, social areas at our wedding (cigars and dancing) and one was inevitably left out.

Meg is a great choice as a wedding photographer. Feel free to message me if you'd like to see our pictures.

Kelly · Married on 08/17/2013

Megan Dailor was our photographer for our wedding on August 17, 2007. She also did an engagement photo shoot with us. We honestly had the best time with her. From the second we met her, she seemed like a friend we had known forever. She was so nice, very humorous and made us feel immediately comfortable, which showed in the pictures. We couldn't have asked for a better photographer and I'm so happy I found her. Her work was flawless. I keep looking at our wedding and engagements pictures over and over and I absolutely love every picture she took. During the wedding she was so unobtrusive that for the most part, I didn't even notice where she was, but after getting the photos back I realized she was always in all the right places at the right times because she not only captured every moment, but she captured every moment in such a beautiful way. When we needed her to direct us, she explained things in a way that was easily interpreted and she made us all laugh a lot, so our pictures have real smiles and real life to them. Everyone I have showed our pictures to just loved them. They have told us we should send them into bridal magazines because they are so beautiful. Thanks to Megan, we will have amazing pictures to show our future children and grandchildren and relive the memories of one of the best days of our lives!

• Katrina

Katrina · Married on 06/08/2013

Megan is fantastic! We used her for our engagement photos as well as the wedding photography. She works quickly so that you aren't spending all of your wedding taking photos but she gets the shots!! She is so kind and easy to work with.
    All of our wedding party commented on how quickly she worked and now they cannot stop raving about the pictures!

Laura · Married on 05/04/2013

Choose Megan as your photographer. You won't regret it. My pictures turned out amazing and I hardly saw her at my wedding. She was always In the background but captures all the important moments. All the special tears and looks she caught. Her creativity is amazing and she is really easy to work with. She was very responsible and professional as well. We have never taken professional pictures and she made it easy.

Stephen · Married on 10/26/2012

Where do I begin...

I have started typing and erased three times. I think I can simplify it to this:

Megan, your talent and photographic vision help to capture images of my wife on our wedding day, that I will play over and over again in my mind for the rest of my life. For that, I am forever grateful. I told Chelsea in a letter I sent to her the morning of our wedding. She is the most effortlessly, timelessly, classically beautiful woman I've ever known and had the privilege to love. They say a picture is worth 1000 words, well I couldn't disagree more. Your pictures captured beauty that left me speechless.

I wholeheartedly endorse Megan Dailor Photography. Her gift, means a lifetime of cherished memories captured in time for a newly married couple.

Thanks for everything!
    Steve and Chelsea Malley

Alyssa · Married on 09/15/2012

Megan is AMAZING!

She puts you at ease and makes you feel wonderful and beautiful! She does a great job capturing those important wedding images without it being distracting during the ceremony and reception. Her style is great. She captures wonderful candids and does a good job walking you thru the staged photos so that they come out fantastic and you photograph your best.

She is a great listener- if you are like me and have angles you do not like being photographed at and insecurities about any of your features, Megan will take note of it and work around it!

She is so responsive on email and very flexible. She turned around about 30 preview images on her blog and facebook for my friends and family within 48 hours after the wedding.

To top it all off, she's so sweet, bubbly, and hillarious- the type of person you want to have around you on your wedding day. Do not hesitate to book her! Thank you Megan!

- Alyssa

Mayra · Married on 06/02/2012

Megan is a great photographer and super fun to work with! She is really talented and was able to capture all the fun and dancing with her amazing candid shots. Although we have only seen a small sampling of our photos, we are beyond happy with what we’ve seen and cannot wait to see the rest!

Rebecca · Married on 08/06/2011

Megan is the best there is! She exceeded our expectations and provided us with the most incredible wedding photos. All of our friends and family were beyond impressed as well. We loved that Megan stayed throughout our entire reception. She captured so many amazing moments of all our friends and family having a great time, which was something that was really important to us. When we looked at our photos for the first time, it felt like we were reliving the entire day. She captured not only the moments, but the emotion behind them. She is extremely creative and has tons of unique ideas. She is also easy to work with and was open to all of our thoughts and suggestions. I would highly recommend Megan to anyone and everyone!!

Kelly · Married on 06/18/2011

Megan Dailor Photography was one of the best decisions we made when planning our wedding. Megan was so great to work with for many reasons. She was very thoughtful and took the time to understand what we really wanted to capture on our day. The pictures she took were simply stunning! So many people have asked who our photographer was because they are blown away by how great the pictures turned out. They look like they should be in a magazine. Beyond the amazing quality of her work, she is just a great person and fun to work with! If you want pictures that capture the true happiness and joy of your special day, Megan is the one to go with !

Lindsay · Married on 06/04/2011

Megan was absolutely amazing to work with both in the planning stages and on the day of the wedding. She was great at getting back to me whenever I had a question or a concern and she seemed to be just as excited about our wedding as we were! Megan made life so extremely easy on our wedding day. She stayed out of the way and most of the time I never even noticed that she was present. I have no idea how she was able to capture such amazing pictures without being intrusive. The quality of Megan's photos is unmatched and she is extremely talented when it comes to capturing the emotion of the day. Her pictures aren't just pretty stills - they tell a story and you can see every emotion and feeling that is going through our minds throughout our memorable day.

Erica · Married on 09/25/2010

I don't know where to begin on describing Megan's work. One of my coworkers who saw her work said she truly felt like she was at the wedding looking at the pictures. She is a blast to work with and I am hoping to work with her again on a rock the dress session!