Meg Owen Floral Designs Reviews

45 | Bethesda, MD

45 Reviews for Meg Owen Floral Designs

Maggie K. · Getting married on 07/10/2022

Everything looked amazing!

When we told Meg we were planning a Halloween wedding and that I was interested in very dramatic and creepy-ish looking accents, she was so helpful and gave us lots of options to choose from. I told her that I wasn't really into a lot of flowers and she suggested branches and vines and had ideas for candles. Meg checked in with me regarding any new ideas she had and ultimately, helped cultivate my spooky vision into something that was dramatic, but overall, beautiful. As you can see in the pictures, the flowers she chose and styled even matched my hair! For a backyard wedding, the event looked so tasteful and well put-together and Meg's thoughtful touches were exactly what I imagined.

Sent on 11/15/2020

Grant · Married on 10/03/2020

Unbelievable Florals and Amazing Service!

Meg Owens Floral Designs provides the flower arrangements and decor at our wedding in Bethesda. In one word to describe her service, STUNNING! First off, she was the nicest vendor we have ever worked with and felt so lucky to work with her for our wedding ceremony in Bethesda. From the very beginning, she gave us a number of floral options and designs to choose from that matched the style direction we provided. She delivered beyond our expectations and made not only the day-of experience truly amazing, but our photos from the wedding extra special! My wife and I cannot recommend Meg Owens enough, she is everything you are looking for - talented, kind, organized, and considerate of budget. 10 out of 5 stars!!!

Sent on 10/16/2020

Jen M. · Married on 09/26/2020

Meg is amazing and so talented!

Meg was so great to work with and made our floral arrangements BEAUTIFUL! We were so impressed by Meg's talent and her flexibility was so appreciated while planning a wedding during COVID times. She is willing to find and customize your flowers as much as you'd like but also gives great advice for what she would recommend given the setting and venue. She has a wonderful eye for flowers and her pricing is very reasonable! Meg did a GREAT job and people raved about our flowers! HIRE HER!

Sent on 10/31/2020

Julie E. · Married on 04/11/2020

All Around Wonderful

Meg has been so wonderful to work with! Our original wedding was in the spring of 2020 but due to COVID we had to reschedule to 2021. She has been incredibly kind and flexible especially when we had to reschedule with only a few weeks notice. She had wonderful ideas for our spring wedding and helped us make some adjustments for our now fall wedding. Meg has made us feel so special and comfortable especially working to make sure we got everything we wanted within our budget! Can't wait to see her in 2021!

Sent on 11/09/2020

Nancy R. · Married on 12/10/2019

You should use this florist; great results and price!

I give highest marks to Meg Owen, who did a fantastic job at my daughter’s wedding! Meg is very sweet and professional. I think her most important quality was creating things that I hadn’t seen at other weddings that suited us and our budget. Her work was very beautiful. She personally gave the bride the bouquet! Really great experience all together and would highly recommend her. Will use again, I hope!

Sent on 03/03/2020
  • Maryellen

Maryellen R. · Married on 12/10/2019

Excellent Florist

Meg Owen was the florist at my fall wedding and I would highly recommend her services. Full transparency; I wanted the big party, but did not want to spend much time on the details. Meg excellently rolled with my limited suggestions and minimal direction. She is both an artist and expert in her field, which resulted in stunning bouquets, greenery, and framing at our District Winery wedding. Meg was organized and communicative throughout the process. I especially appreciated her creative suggestions that I would not have dreamed up on my own. Thanks Meg!

Sent on 03/03/2020
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 09/21/2019

We couldn't be happier!

Meg and her team are true professionals. The flowers for our wedding day were more beautiful than I could have even imagined. They were better than my inspiration photos! We wanted lots of colors for our wedding day and Meg absolutely made sure that happened for us.

Meg was always responsive to email and made helpful suggestions throughout the planning process. She was always warm and friendly and we both loved working with her.

At one point in the planning process, Meg noticed a very small overcharge and made sure to refund us. We wouldn't have noticed it, but Meg works with such high integrity that she made sure to get a check in the mail for us ASAP.

On the wedding day, you could see the attention to detail in every step. We had flowers arranged in five bottles on each table and they laid out the bottles on the floor before placing them on the tables to make sure that they looked just right. Every flower that was placed on the mantel (the talk of the night) was evaluated before more were placed on.

Finally, everyone on Meg's team was just so friendly! When they arrived with our flowers every single person on Meg's staff wished me congratulations and told me how beautiful I looked. They made me feel like the most beautiful bride. They were just there delivering the flowers and by no means had to do that, but they went out of their way to be so kind of me.

I can't recommend Meg enough. If you're thinking of booking her, just do it! You won't regret it.

Sent on 09/23/2019
  • Chris

Chris · Married on 06/08/2019

Meg Owen is the best Wedding Florist in the DMV!!!

We had Meg do our flowers for our wedding earlier this June, and they were BEAUTIFUL! From our first meeting, Meg worked to make sure our vision for bouquets and centerpieces were perfected and within budget! We were so happy (and lucky!) to have Meg work with us for our flower designs, and would recommend her to anyone who asks!

Sent on 06/29/2019
  • Jamie

Jamie · Married on 05/25/2019

An easy experience

Meg was amazing from the start. She helped me define my vision even when I wasn't quite sure what I wanted. With every change I asked she quickly adapted without any complaint or issue, which is huge because your vision changes a thousand times before the big day. She was so friendly and extremely prompt in answering all my questions, and my overall experience working with her was entirely stress free. I would use her again with no hesitation!!!

Sent on 06/04/2019
  • Jenny

Jenny L. · Married on 04/13/2019

Took our breath away!!

Oh wow where to begin with Meg?! She did an absolutely amazing job for our big day. She is incredibly creative and talented and I felt completely at ease with her on our team! Highly recommend :)

Sent on 05/09/2019

Carrie · Married on 04/06/2019

Gorgeous Flowers!

The flowers that Meg provided for our wedding were absolutely stunning! Meg was recommended to us by a family friend and we’re so glad that we called her! Not being very knowledgeable about flowers, we only had a vague idea about the colors that we wanted and types of arrangements. Meg was so helpful in interpreting our thoughts and guiding us through options. Over the course of the planning process we talked with Meg by phone, met in person once and then communicated by email and text. On the day of our wedding Meg, her husband and team arrived to set everything up just as the venue opened and made sure that everything was in order. All of the flowers were gorgeous—even more beautiful than I could have imagined!!! I was so happy with every floral detail, from my bouquet to the centerpieces, and the all of the big and small vases of flowers around the space. I received SO many compliments on the flowers and they made the venue space brighter and more vibrant. Meg and her husband also came at the end of the evening to transfer vases and help with cleanup. We took many of the arrangements with us and displayed them at our brunch the next day! We highly recommend Meg and we’re so appreciative that she provided her expertise to us for our big day!

Sent on 05/20/2019

Erin · Married on 03/30/2019

Exceeded Expectations!

In March, our daughter was married in Washington DC- we chose Meg Owen Floral Designs and I can’t say enough wonderful things about Meg and her work! Meg is an incredible designer who listens to her clients! Simple,elegant and springtime were the 3 words my daughter used to describe what she wanted and Meg delivered beyond our expectations! From the gorgeous sprays of cherry blossoms that adorned the church alter to the elegant centerpieces at the reception, Meg and her team made the wedding vision a reality and she added special touches that we wouldn’t have thought of! At the end of the evening Meg came back to the venue to pack the floral arrangements for us to give to our guests.

I felt like I was collaborating with a friend who made sure our day was beautiful and perfect! Meg’s pricing is reasonable, she is very organized and attentive to details! My husband calls Meg my “best floral friend”! BFF! A definite 10--thumbs up!

Sent on 06/17/2019

Jill G. · Married on 12/01/2018

Such a wonderful part of our wedding planning! Relaxed and easy and quickly understood our vision.

Meg Owen was delightful and easy to work with. She took our vision and turned it into a masterpiece. Our guests were taking pictures of her creations to share with their friends. She worked well within the budget. Most importantly, whatever last minute requests we sent her way she accepted them graciously and helped us achieve the perfect wedding. She is most highly recommended.

Sent on 12/16/2018

Molly · Married on 09/02/2018

Working with Meg was an absolute joy! She made the process so easy and personal, it felt as if I was having a friend of the family do my flowers for me. She listened to every idea I had and took all the pinterest pictures I would send her into her designs. When she dropped off the bouquets and boutonnieres at the hotel, I couldn't wait to see what the reception would look like. Sure enough, walking into our reception, the flower arrangements took my breath away! She created exactly what I wanted, better than I could have pictured. I could not have been happier in choosing her to work with and I would recommend her highly to anyone in the area.

Sent on 10/10/2018

Ashley · Married on 08/18/2018

To echo her other glowing reviews, I would like to share our amazing experience using Meg for our wedding flowers. On the business front, Meg is an absolute pro. She has such an extensive knowledge and love of flowers + greenery, and was able to make amazing recommendations and suggestions at every step of the way. She is extremely responsive and thorough, keeping us updated throughout the entire wedding process. She had a ton of great ideas that we ended up using to make our wedding extra-special. Our ceremony and sit-down reception were in the same room, meaning that there was a short period of time in which the tables needed to be set up after the ceremony, and her team was more than accommodating. On the personal front, Meg is an absolute gem. She is patient, kind, and puts in 110% effort to make sure that her work is the absolute best for your special day. Other vendors and our families commented on how stunning our flowers were and how great Meg was to work with. I absolutely recommend Meg for any floral design needs you may have--you won't be disappointed!!!

Sent on 09/05/2018

Jennifer · Married on 08/04/2018

I couldn't have asked for more!

Working with Meg was a dream and the flowers for our wedding were perfect! Meg has a wonderful eye for design and an extensive knowledge of flowers. She truly enjoys what she does and it shows in her work. Meg was attentive to details, quick to respond, and let me know if she had a question or needed clarification. On top of being a flower pro, Meg is just a wonderful and kind person. It was a joy to work with her.

Sent on 11/01/2018

Alexa · Married on 05/26/2018

Meg is a real gem, both as a person and a florist. She went out of her way to ensure everything was perfect and I couldn't recommend anyone more. Not only is she professional, she is always going above and beyond to make both her service and flowers the best they can be. Meg regularly takes classes with floral superstars across the country and her work reflects it, allowing me to have a more high fashion look to the florals while still being in budget. If you don't see what you're thinking of in her portfolio just ask, Meg is probably dying to try it.

She is super communicative and was usually the first vendor with a response, often with many ideas and a real eye for detail. She walked through my unusual venue multiple times, noticing potential issues and coming up with a game plan.
    She made a stunning arch that she assembled, decorated, and moved/broke down. I said I wanted a flower comb produced a wonderfully chic piece that I spent the entire night receiving compliments on. She immediately "got" our woodsy, jewel-toned theme, where she thoughtfully included flowers that had special meaning to me. From the flower girl's basket to the centerpieces and my bouquet people raved about Meg's work. What people didn't know is Meg and her team were some of the first to arrive on site and some of the last to leave, they worked quickly and accommodated two schedule shifts due to rain. It amazed me that Meg's team managed to be just as sweet, smart, and courteous as Meg and everything was executed exactly. She and her team are the absolute best!

Sent on 07/01/2018

Anna · Married on 03/24/2018

Meg was incredibly talented and a delight to work with. After talking with Meg on the phone and meeting with her in person, Meg truly understood the vision I had for florals at my wedding. I showed her pictures and described our color scheme, and I could tell immediately that we were on the same wavelength. Meg did my bouquets, centerpieces, cake floral, and the floral arrangements for my chuppah. She arranged and built the chuppah herself and then took it down after the ceremony, artfully arranging the chuppah florals on tables around the reception. They were all GORGEOUS. Everything was perfect. She even brought boxes to allow guests to easily take the flowers home! A week after the wedding, guests were still talking about how beautiful the flowers were. Meg brought my vision of pastel wildflowers to life, in even more beauty than I imaged. On the evening before my wedding day, Meg even made a trip completely out of her way to deliver some loose stems to our hotel for my photographer to use for details photos. Meg is amazing. Thank you, Meg - I wouldn't change a thing! (Photo credit to Sarah Bradshaw Photography)

Sent on 05/05/2018

Katie · Married on 09/24/2017

There are not enough amazing things to say about Meg! She was such an amazing person to work with for our wedding. Meg is SO so knowledgeable about flowers. I described what I had in mind and sent her a few pictures and she absolutely exceeded my expectations. She suggested flowers based on our budget and what would be in season at the time of our wedding. She helped us come up with creative solutions for centerpieces and how to make the most of our flowers. Meg is not only an amazing florist but she is such a wonderful person. She is genuine, kind and such a breath of fresh air throughout the whole wedding planning process. We received so many compliments on our flowers and they were so much more beautiful than I could have ever imagined. I would hire Meg again in a heartbeat and cannot recommend her enough for your wedding!

Sent on 11/09/2017

Nicole · Married on 08/05/2017

It was such a pleasure to work with Meg Owen. She went above and beyond to figure out what type of flowers I wanted. She even took me to the wholesaler, so I could pick out what I liked. From my non-floral termed vision, she was able to figure out exactly what I wanted - not too pokey and not too round! The flowers were the talk of the wedding and everyone wanted to take them home. I would definitely recommend Meg to anyone needing floral arrangements.

Sent on 10/17/2017

Sara · Married on 05/28/2017

We could not have been happier about hiring Meg to do our flowers! She is one of the sweetest people I've ever met, and she is incredibly talented and knowledgable about flowers (it has been a lifelong passion of hers, and this definitely shows in the high-quality of her work!). She took the careful time at every phase of the planning to ensure that she understood our vision, and also gave us new ideas that we loved! My jaw dropped when I saw my bouquet and all the flowers at the wedding - the arrangements were stunning!! Everything was beautifully cohesive, while at the same time each arrangement was unique and full of character. She executed our vision and color palette perfectly, and she was amazing to work with along the way - always so accommodating, kind, responsive, and detail-oriented in her work. Thank you Meg! :)

Sent on 06/18/2017

Viktoria · Married on 05/28/2017

From the moment I saw Meg's website, I knew that I had found the right florist. My gut feeling was confirmed as soon as I met her in person - she was incredibly warm and down-to-earth, and took to the time to listen to our vision for the wedding. She patiently offered suggestions, and it was clear that she had an encyclopedic knowledge about plants/flowers and an artistic eye! She was very willing to work within our budget and offered ways to save on costs, which was a big concern for us. After meeting her and seeing photos of her previous work, I had high expectations, but I was completely blown away on the day of the wedding. The arrangements were exquisitely beautiful and captured the style of our wedidng and venue perfectly! I couldn't be happier, and give Meg Owen Floral Designs my highest recommendation - you won't be disappointed!

Sent on 06/22/2017

Becca · Married on 03/30/2017

Meg did an absolutely incredible job on the flowers for our wedding! I showed Meg a couple pictures of bridal bouquets that I liked, and she created something absolutely spectacular and more beautiful than anything I'd seen online. I felt that Meg captured my personality and taste perfectly in my bouquet and I received endless compliments about it. Meg also did stunning table arrangements, boutineers, and even put flowers on our wedding cake for us. Meg is a true artist and her attention to detail is unbelievable. Meg seems to have endless knowledge about flowers and everything she recommended turned out absolutely beautifully. Meg is a joy to work with and I would HIGHLY recommend her for weddings and other special events!

Sent on 05/03/2017

Abby · Married on 10/21/2016

Meg is INCREDIBLE!! She did such an amazing job as our florist, more than I could have imagined. Meg did the bouquets, centerpieces, corsages, and boutineers. She had left over baby's breathe and offered to make them into chair decorations at no additional charge. Meg is very knowledgeable and amazing at offering her insight and ideas. She is so sweet and very easy to work with. My bridal bouquet was AMAZING. I just described to her what I wanted in words and showed a few pictures with ideas and she created something that was more than I ever expected. I really wanted peonies in my bouquet but with a Fall wedding that was impossible! However the week before my wedding Meg was able to find some and used them in my bouquet, they were perfect! On the day of the wedding Meg was laid back (but also got everything done in plenty of time!), which was very helpful to me as the bride! She put together all of the centerpieces (I did mostly DIY) and helped with set up and break down. She truly cares about her clients and made sure that what I had envisioned became a reality on my wedding day. Everything turned out gorgeous and perfect, more than I ever could have imagined and I highly recommend using Meg for your wedding!!

Sent on 10/26/2016

Chelsea · Married on 10/08/2016

Meg did the flowers for our October Wedding, they were absolutely gorgeous. I wanted all red roses but wanted them to match my red shoes, I gave her a fabric swatch and she matched them perfectly! On our wedding day it was raining and the ceremony was supposed to be outside, I was very upset and couldn't decide if I wanted to move it inside. So Meg set up both locations just in case. She did an excellent job with everything. From the bouquets and center pieces to the flowers on the pergola. We were 100% happy with the way everything turned out. She's wonderful to work with and very understanding!

Sent on 12/06/2016