Meg Owen Floral Designs Reviews

Meg Owen Floral Designs 5
Meg Owen Floral Designs 6
Meg Owen Floral Designs 7

Jill Godfrey · Married on 12/01/2018

Such a wonderful part of our wedding planning! Relaxed and easy and quickly understood our vision.

Meg Owen was delightful and easy to work with. She took our vision and turned it into a masterpiece. Our guests were taking pictures of her creations to share with their friends. She worked well within the budget. Most importantly, whatever last minute requests we sent her way she accepted them graciously and helped us achieve the perfect wedding. She is most highly recommended.

Sent on 12/16/2018

Molly · Married on 09/02/2018

Working with Meg was an absolute joy! She made the process so easy and personal, it felt as if I was having a friend of the family do my flowers for me. She listened to every idea I had and took all the pinterest pictures I would send her into her designs. When she dropped off the bouquets and boutonnieres at the hotel, I couldn't wait to see what the reception would look like. Sure enough, walking into our reception, the flower arrangements took my breath away! She created exactly what I wanted, better than I could have pictured. I could not have been happier in choosing her to work with and I would recommend her highly to anyone in the area.

Sent on 10/10/2018
    Meg Owen Floral Designs 12
    Meg Owen Floral Designs 13
    Meg Owen Floral Designs 14

Ashley · Married on 08/18/2018

To echo her other glowing reviews, I would like to share our amazing experience using Meg for our wedding flowers. On the business front, Meg is an absolute pro. She has such an extensive knowledge and love of flowers + greenery, and was able to make amazing recommendations and suggestions at every step of the way. She is extremely responsive and thorough, keeping us updated throughout the entire wedding process. She had a ton of great ideas that we ended up using to make our wedding extra-special. Our ceremony and sit-down reception were in the same room, meaning that there was a short period of time in which the tables needed to be set up after the ceremony, and her team was more than accommodating. On the personal front, Meg is an absolute gem. She is patient, kind, and puts in 110% effort to make sure that her work is the absolute best for your special day. Other vendors and our families commented on how stunning our flowers were and how great Meg was to work with. I absolutely recommend Meg for any floral design needs you may have--you won't be disappointed!!!

Sent on 09/05/2018
    Meg Owen Floral Designs 20
    Meg Owen Floral Designs 21
    Meg Owen Floral Designs 22

Jennifer · Married on 08/04/2018

I couldn't have asked for more!

Working with Meg was a dream and the flowers for our wedding were perfect! Meg has a wonderful eye for design and an extensive knowledge of flowers. She truly enjoys what she does and it shows in her work. Meg was attentive to details, quick to respond, and let me know if she had a question or needed clarification. On top of being a flower pro, Meg is just a wonderful and kind person. It was a joy to work with her.

Sent on 11/01/2018
    Meg Owen Floral Designs 27
    Meg Owen Floral Designs 28
    Meg Owen Floral Designs 29

Alexa · Married on 05/26/2018

Meg is a real gem, both as a person and a florist. She went out of her way to ensure everything was perfect and I couldn't recommend anyone more. Not only is she professional, she is always going above and beyond to make both her service and flowers the best they can be. Meg regularly takes classes with floral superstars across the country and her work reflects it, allowing me to have a more high fashion look to the florals while still being in budget. If you don't see what you're thinking of in her portfolio just ask, Meg is probably dying to try it.

She is super communicative and was usually the first vendor with a response, often with many ideas and a real eye for detail. She walked through my unusual venue multiple times, noticing potential issues and coming up with a game plan.
    She made a stunning arch that she assembled, decorated, and moved/broke down. I said I wanted a flower comb produced a wonderfully chic piece that I spent the entire night receiving compliments on. She immediately "got" our woodsy, jewel-toned theme, where she thoughtfully included flowers that had special meaning to me. From the flower girl's basket to the centerpieces and my bouquet people raved about Meg's work. What people didn't know is Meg and her team were some of the first to arrive on site and some of the last to leave, they worked quickly and accommodated two schedule shifts due to rain. It amazed me that Meg's team managed to be just as sweet, smart, and courteous as Meg and everything was executed exactly. She and her team are the absolute best!

Sent on 07/01/2018

Anna · Married on 03/24/2018

Meg was incredibly talented and a delight to work with. After talking with Meg on the phone and meeting with her in person, Meg truly understood the vision I had for florals at my wedding. I showed her pictures and described our color scheme, and I could tell immediately that we were on the same wavelength. Meg did my bouquets, centerpieces, cake floral, and the floral arrangements for my chuppah. She arranged and built the chuppah herself and then took it down after the ceremony, artfully arranging the chuppah florals on tables around the reception. They were all GORGEOUS. Everything was perfect. She even brought boxes to allow guests to easily take the flowers home! A week after the wedding, guests were still talking about how beautiful the flowers were. Meg brought my vision of pastel wildflowers to life, in even more beauty than I imaged. On the evening before my wedding day, Meg even made a trip completely out of her way to deliver some loose stems to our hotel for my photographer to use for details photos. Meg is amazing. Thank you, Meg - I wouldn't change a thing! (Photo credit to Sarah Bradshaw Photography)

Sent on 05/05/2018
    Meg Owen Floral Designs 30
    Meg Owen Floral Designs 31
    Meg Owen Floral Designs 32
    Meg Owen Floral Designs 33
    Meg Owen Floral Designs 34

Katie · Married on 09/24/2017

There are not enough amazing things to say about Meg! She was such an amazing person to work with for our wedding. Meg is SO so knowledgeable about flowers. I described what I had in mind and sent her a few pictures and she absolutely exceeded my expectations. She suggested flowers based on our budget and what would be in season at the time of our wedding. She helped us come up with creative solutions for centerpieces and how to make the most of our flowers. Meg is not only an amazing florist but she is such a wonderful person. She is genuine, kind and such a breath of fresh air throughout the whole wedding planning process. We received so many compliments on our flowers and they were so much more beautiful than I could have ever imagined. I would hire Meg again in a heartbeat and cannot recommend her enough for your wedding!

Sent on 11/09/2017
    Meg Owen Floral Designs 35
    Meg Owen Floral Designs 36

Nicole · Married on 08/05/2017

It was such a pleasure to work with Meg Owen. She went above and beyond to figure out what type of flowers I wanted. She even took me to the wholesaler, so I could pick out what I liked. From my non-floral termed vision, she was able to figure out exactly what I wanted - not too pokey and not too round! The flowers were the talk of the wedding and everyone wanted to take them home. I would definitely recommend Meg to anyone needing floral arrangements.

Sent on 10/17/2017

Sara · Married on 05/28/2017

We could not have been happier about hiring Meg to do our flowers! She is one of the sweetest people I've ever met, and she is incredibly talented and knowledgable about flowers (it has been a lifelong passion of hers, and this definitely shows in the high-quality of her work!). She took the careful time at every phase of the planning to ensure that she understood our vision, and also gave us new ideas that we loved! My jaw dropped when I saw my bouquet and all the flowers at the wedding - the arrangements were stunning!! Everything was beautifully cohesive, while at the same time each arrangement was unique and full of character. She executed our vision and color palette perfectly, and she was amazing to work with along the way - always so accommodating, kind, responsive, and detail-oriented in her work. Thank you Meg! :)

Sent on 06/18/2017

Viktoria · Married on 05/28/2017

From the moment I saw Meg's website, I knew that I had found the right florist. My gut feeling was confirmed as soon as I met her in person - she was incredibly warm and down-to-earth, and took to the time to listen to our vision for the wedding. She patiently offered suggestions, and it was clear that she had an encyclopedic knowledge about plants/flowers and an artistic eye! She was very willing to work within our budget and offered ways to save on costs, which was a big concern for us. After meeting her and seeing photos of her previous work, I had high expectations, but I was completely blown away on the day of the wedding. The arrangements were exquisitely beautiful and captured the style of our wedidng and venue perfectly! I couldn't be happier, and give Meg Owen Floral Designs my highest recommendation - you won't be disappointed!

Sent on 06/22/2017

Becca · Married on 03/30/2017

Meg did an absolutely incredible job on the flowers for our wedding! I showed Meg a couple pictures of bridal bouquets that I liked, and she created something absolutely spectacular and more beautiful than anything I'd seen online. I felt that Meg captured my personality and taste perfectly in my bouquet and I received endless compliments about it. Meg also did stunning table arrangements, boutineers, and even put flowers on our wedding cake for us. Meg is a true artist and her attention to detail is unbelievable. Meg seems to have endless knowledge about flowers and everything she recommended turned out absolutely beautifully. Meg is a joy to work with and I would HIGHLY recommend her for weddings and other special events!

Sent on 05/03/2017

Abby · Married on 10/21/2016

Meg is INCREDIBLE!! She did such an amazing job as our florist, more than I could have imagined. Meg did the bouquets, centerpieces, corsages, and boutineers. She had left over baby's breathe and offered to make them into chair decorations at no additional charge. Meg is very knowledgeable and amazing at offering her insight and ideas. She is so sweet and very easy to work with. My bridal bouquet was AMAZING. I just described to her what I wanted in words and showed a few pictures with ideas and she created something that was more than I ever expected. I really wanted peonies in my bouquet but with a Fall wedding that was impossible! However the week before my wedding Meg was able to find some and used them in my bouquet, they were perfect! On the day of the wedding Meg was laid back (but also got everything done in plenty of time!), which was very helpful to me as the bride! She put together all of the centerpieces (I did mostly DIY) and helped with set up and break down. She truly cares about her clients and made sure that what I had envisioned became a reality on my wedding day. Everything turned out gorgeous and perfect, more than I ever could have imagined and I highly recommend using Meg for your wedding!!

Sent on 10/26/2016

Chelsea · Married on 10/08/2016

Meg did the flowers for our October Wedding, they were absolutely gorgeous. I wanted all red roses but wanted them to match my red shoes, I gave her a fabric swatch and she matched them perfectly! On our wedding day it was raining and the ceremony was supposed to be outside, I was very upset and couldn't decide if I wanted to move it inside. So Meg set up both locations just in case. She did an excellent job with everything. From the bouquets and center pieces to the flowers on the pergola. We were 100% happy with the way everything turned out. She's wonderful to work with and very understanding!

Sent on 12/06/2016

Lynda · Married on 09/24/2016

My son and daughter-in-law live abroad, so my role of Mother of the Groom became USA Wedding Planner. With so many items to take care of, I was absolutely delighted handing the floral arrangements over to Meg and letting her run with them. During our meetings, she listened carefully and made suggestions that were artistic and cost conscious. The color scheme was blush and blue – little did we know that blue flowers are hard to come by – but Meg was able to create stunning arrangements that included blue accents. In addition to the beautiful bouquet, she filled the rooms of the mansion with over 41 vases of flowers, and artfully arranged rose petals in the ceremony garden. Her recommendation of adding potted mums in the windows was the perfect touch. Meg is professional, creative, detail oriented, friendly, and oh so knowledgeable about flowers. She was a joy to work with, and I very highly recommend her for your wedding or any event that needs flowers.

Sent on 11/29/2016

Sarah · Married on 09/17/2016

Meg did such an amazing job as our florist. We were on a tight budget for flowers and decided on DIY centerpieces early on in the planning process. Meg was very respectful of this and did not try to push us into doing anything beyond our budget. Meg did the bouquets, ceremony flowers, chair decorations, and cake flowers for our wedding. We had heard great things about Meg from other brides and we were beyond impressed with her dedication to making our wedding beautiful. She genuinely cares about her clients and made sure that what I had envisioned became a reality on my wedding day. Meg even hand picked many of the flowers she used from Dahlia farms which shows just how much she cares about her clients. The flowers turned out to be absolutely stunning and we received endless compliments from wedding guests. Meg is extremely sweet and was very responsive throughout the planning process. She even went above and beyond, providing us with tips for the DIY centerpieces. Everything turned out more beautiful than I ever could have imagined and I highly recommend using Meg for your wedding!!

Sent on 09/28/2016

Lindsey · Married on 09/04/2016

A month after our daughter's wedding, we are still getting compliments on Meg's exquisite floral designs. While planning for the wedding, we were especially impressed that Meg listened carefully to my daughter and son-in-law when they described what they wanted for their wedding and created designs that truly matched their aesthetic. She gave us her full attention and made excellent suggestions. We trusted her completely and she did not let us down. We also appreciated her professionalism and her responsiveness. She always responded to phone calls and emails quickly and professionally and made us feel confident that all the details would be attended to. Our floral arrangements, bouquets, corsages and boutonnieres were beautiful and everything arrived on time, fresh and in perfect order. LJH Bethesda, MD

Sent on 10/08/2016
  • Deirdre

Deirdre · Married on 06/25/2016

Meg Owen was SUCH a pleasure to work with. Not only was she great to work with professionally for my wedding, but also was such a great person to have in my life before my wedding. Meg's kindness was overwhelming and I truly feel so lucky I was able to use her for my wedding flowers. I had heard about Meg's work through a friend from a wedding she did a few months before.. I never dreamed she would create such beautiful flowers like the ones she came with on my wedding day. We had a consultation a few months before my wedding to discuss the look I was hoping for - She matched exactly what I described, and I could not have been happier with every single detail she put into my decor (bridal bouquet, bridesmaids flowers, and beautiful green and floral table runners). She is the type of florist that truly cares about her clients and wants to ensure they are 100% happy with the colors and types of flowers she uses. Meg was also so helpful to bounce ideas off of, and made my whole wedding planning experience seem at ease and exciting! Wedding flowers ended up being my favorite part of my wedding, they made me so happy and created the theme of soft romantic colors. I have Meg to thank in so many ways and I would recommend her to anyone!! Enjoy working with her! Do it!!

Sent on 07/06/2016

Mary · Married on 06/11/2016

Meg Owen was such a delight to work with! She was so helpful and supportive from the beginning, and was incredibly patient with me as I changed my mind many, many times! She was very responsive and knowledgeable and I knew right away she understood my vision. She also worked with me and my budget to come up with creative and fabulous ideas to make it all work! I know I wouldn't have received the same attention, patience, or guidance from anyone else. She really made the whole process enjoyable and stress-free. And then the actual flowers! Wow. I knew the flowers at our wedding were going to be beautiful, but I was just blown away when I saw them. They were even more gorgeous than I had imagined and I could not have been happier! You will not regret going with Meg - highly highly highly recommend her!

Sent on 07/08/2016

Meg was an absolute pleasure to work with! She is incredibly knowledgeable and detail oriented, and takes the time to understand your flower preferences and the overall look of your wedding, while also providing pointers on what colors available for different flowers. Meg was able to tease out what look I was going for, as well as offer suggestions on flowers that are in season and alternatives. For our wedding she created the bouquets, boutonnieres and corsages, and I couldn't be happier with the results. Highly recommend Meg Owen Floral Designs!

Sent on 08/15/2016
  • Emily & Brandon

Emily · Married on 06/04/2016

Meg, owner of Meg Owen Floral Designs is a joy to work with. My mom and I had a consultation with her and told her our vision of my fiancé's and my wedding day. We have seen Meg's work and just love her natural, elegant, unique style. The specific types of flowers was not as important to me. I told Meg that it was most important that we have flowers and that she incorporates her style into our day.
    Meg came up with a beautiful spring wreath with greenery, bright flowers, and peaches to surround hurricane candles, which she rents for her arrangements. She also designed a beautiful arrangement with mostly peaches accented by baby's breath and greens to go on the smaller cabaret tables at our reception venue. The sample bouquet that Meg made was perfect. I took it home with me and it lasted in a vase for over a week!!

Meg was patient with me as I made a couple requests to change parts (mostly color changes) of the original designs that she made for our first consultation and she promptly made another sample that we adore! She has been very respectful and honest with us about our budget, and what she can do for our budget, and just loves what she does. Her art is very high quality and I can't wait to see how her designs brighten up our reception venue!!

Thank you, Meg!

Adding post-wedding review:
    We are so glad that we chose Meg of Meg Owen Floral Designs to do our wedding flowers. Meg coordinated with our ceremony organizer to prepare the altar at the church with ferns. The flowers for our wedding was one of the few things that I was confident I would not have to worry one bit about, because I knew that I could trust Meg and her team. The bouquets, boutonnieres, corsages, spring table wreaths, potted herbs, and peach arrangements were stunning and we still receive compliments from so many of our guests, three months after the wedding!!! We can't wait to use your services again soon, Meg!
    Thank you!!!

Sent on 09/03/2015

Nathaniel · Married on 04/30/2016

Meg Owen is amazing to work with - she really goes above and beyond to discover what your vision is for the day and then works so incredibly hard in making that vision a reality. I had a few consultations with her to figure out what my floral "style" was - I knew I wanted the flowers to look like they were just picked from a field of wildflowers, and that I didn't want too many bright colors in the arrangements and bouquets. I didn't care too much about specific flowers. At our second meeting, Meg had created some samples for me to look at, and we talked through what I liked and didn't like about each option. She was so open to my likes/dislikes, and had great suggestions to make both me and my mother happy with the flowers. Meg was also great about emailing if she had any questions - like what color ribbons we should use for the bouquets, or what my feelings on specific kinds of flowers were so that she could be sure she was creating arrangements that I would love.
    I had utter confidence in her, because she really understood the look that I was going for - I didn't feel the need to do any final approvals or anything like that because I knew the flowers were going to be perfect. On my wedding day, the flowers were above and beyond what I'd imagined. She really took my vision of wildflowers and brought it to life. The centerpieces that she designed - in a collection of family pitchers - were breathtaking. I couldn't have imagined anything better, and I couldn't recommend any other florist more highly!

Sent on 06/11/2016

Melanie · Married on 10/31/2015

Meg's work for our wedding was just superb! We don't know anything about flowers and had only the vaguest ideas of what we wanted, but Meg managed to perfectly execute our poorly expressed sense of what we were going for. She completely nailed the easygoing vibe we had in mind, including a gorgeous textured and fall-hued bouquet, quirky centerpieces (which several of our guests loved so much they begged to take them home), and an elegant but relaxed chuppah. She also did a great job working around my mom's allergies to many, many flowers. We couldn't have been happier!

Sent on 12/14/2015

Annie · Married on 10/11/2015

I loved my flowers and Meg was amazing to work with. Like most brides, I had a very specific vision for my bouquet, chuppah and table arrangements, and Meg ensured I was happy with every detail. She was very flexible and accommodating, which I really appreciated as my wedding evolved. I also love that she works with local growers. Highly recommend.

Sent on 12/04/2015

Meg was fantastic! From the moment I met her I was impressed with her knowledge and skill. She met with me and showed me examples of her work as well as talked to me about the styles and colors that I preferred. My god-mother ended up hiring her to do the flowers for my bridal shower. Meg was great at finding the balance between what I liked and what my god-mother envisioned for the shower. The flowers for the wedding were breathtaking. Her attention to detail was perfect and the colors were amazing. Meg built a chuppah for the ceremony, which was beautiful. She even came back to the venue after the ceremony to move the chuppah from the ceremony to the reception. She was a pleasure to work with and is so eager to please!

Sent on 10/11/2015

Exquisite is the only word I can think of to describe the flower arrangements Meg made for my daughter's shower and wedding. She is a joy to work with and very aware of what it means to work within a budget. Even when working within a strict budget, she was able to provide some of the most beautiful arrangements I have ever seen. Because she thought they were so special, she picked dahlias in the rain to include in the arrangements. She and her husband actually built the chuppah for the wedding ceremony. The day of the wedding, they delivered it, assembled it, and returned later to move it from the ceremony to the reception so it framed the sweetheart table. They then returned to the venue for a 3rd time to disassemble and remove the chuppah, pick up her vases and leave me receptacles I could use to put the arrangements in so my guests could take them home. She was immediately responsive to my many questions and never lost her patience. I would not hesitate for one moment to recommend her for any kind of event you might be planning.

Sent on 10/12/2015