45 Reviews for McShea Photography

Proofs (2)
Second Shooter (1)
Matted Prints (1)
39 McShea Photography Reviews

There are not enough positive things that we can say about Dave and McShea Photography. From the very beginning of the wedding planning process, we knew that McShea Photography was the perfect wedding photographer for us. In addition to his photography skills, Dave provided us with customer service that truly went above and beyond. He was very professional, personable, informative and detail-oriented! We couldn't have asked for a better experience with him. At our initial meeting, it was very evident that Dave absolutely loves his job, knows what he is doing and understands how important wedding photos are to the couple, their families and friends. He provided us with a sense of ease and comfort, which made it easy for us to trust that our wedding photos will come out beautifully. On the wedding day, Dave arrived early and ready to find the perfect locations at the venue. Throughout the day, Dave left a positive impact on our bridal party, family members and guests. One of our guests referred to Dave as a photography ninja because he managed to get incredible shots without being intrusive or in the way of anyone having a great time. We cannot thank McShea Photography enough for all of the stunning photos and for the incredible experience. McShea Photography has given us the chance to relive our wedding day through all the moments that we witnessed or even missed on the dance floor!

Profile Picture Beth, 9/30/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: High-Res Images, One Event/Day, Second Shooter, Digital Files, Proofs

Looking for your wedding photographer? Feel free to check that off your to-do list because you just found him. We cannot express how glad we are we booked McShea Photography to photograph our wedding ceremony and reception. We found Dave on WeddingWire and were impressed by the overwhelmingly positive reviews, coupled with great examples of his work on his website. We set up a casual meeting with Dave last summer and discussed our plans, what we were looking for, timelines, et-cetera. Long story short, we decided to book his services and we can't express how glad we are we did. We had an amazing engagement shoot in Philly in the fall, and the photos we have just seen from our ceremony and reception are simply amazing. Throughout it all Dave was patient, professional, and his work speaks for itself. His rates are also very reasonable. We booked a package with him that included 8 hours of coverage for the day, the engagement shoot, the album, and a print credit for a very fair price. Do yourself a favor and get in touch with Dave. You'll be glad you did.. thanks for everything Dave !!!

Profile Picture STEPHEN, 3/25/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, Albums, Digital Files, Matted Prints, Prints

Dave is awesome! I would recommend him to anyone who needs a photographer. From our first meeting we immediately liked him, he is such an easy person to get along with. Dave is prompt with emails and always willing to help. Like many brides I had no clue what I was doing with all the planning especially when it came to the day of schedule. Dave helped me along with that and answered all other questions I had.
We got a portion of our photos taken prior to the ceremony at a different location from our venue. Dave went on to the website for this location prior to our day and then was there early to scope out the land. He started taking pictures of the groom and groommans as soon as they got there. Once my girls and I arrived they were ready for us and knew the exact spots we would be going to take pictures. This was great, I never felt rushed at all that day and we ended up slightly ahead of schedule! It rained the whole day, but that didn't stop us from getting some amazing photos, Dave stood out in that rain shooting away like it was a sunny day. I asked Dave to give me one "wow" shot and he certainly gave us that! Everyone who saw this photo has raved about it and we already know we will be getting a print of it. I really can't say enough good things about Dave. To me the photographer was most important, those pictures last forever. His talent comes through and the pricing is really reasonable.

Profile Picture Katie, 10/8/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, Liability Insurance, Multi. Locations, One Event/Day, Digital Files, Prints

We are so thrilled with Dave's work as our wedding photographer for our 8/6/16 wedding! He is organized, hard-working, and very professional. He is also very personable and we felt comfortable working with him from the very first meeting. He was very responsive to any questions we had leading up to the wedding. Despite the heat & humidity on the big day, Dave was more than happy to run around the city with us to make sure we captured the shots we wanted. We've had a few sneak peeks of photos so far and we absolutely love them! We're so glad we chose McShea Photography for our wedding, and we 100% recommend Dave to any future brides!

Profile Picture Corinne, 8/6/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, Prints, Proofs, Additional Hours, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Multi. Locations, One Event/Day

Anyone considering a photographer for their wedding in or around Philadelphia absolutely has to check out McShea Photography. Dave provided us with the most outstanding service, as much attention and care as we needed, and most importantly the most UNBELIEVABLE photographs we've ever seen. Dave initially met us a few days after we reached out to him, and explained all of his packages over a cup of coffee. He welcomed us with a smile that evening, and his personal touch was present in everything he did for us all the way through our wedding day. The engagement photo session through downtown Philadelphia ended with an amazing assortment of photos that we will always cherish. On the wedding day, Dave traveled "down the shore" to meet us in Somers Point and Ocean City, NJ for our ceremony and reception. He made us comfortable and found the best way for us to have the most incredible photos along with a tremendous experience. Guests told us afterwards that they saw Dave working so hard all night that they thought he might have been in two places at once! We could not have been more pleased with his work and his demeanor. In fact, after all the work he's done for us, we most definitely consider him a friend, and will likely reach back out in the future for his expertise.

Profile Picture Tom, 9/6/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

David was our wedding photographer for our wedding in the city in July. When I was looking for photographers, I wanted the pictures taken around the city and unique shots. David was an easy choice and we met up to discuss our options and what we wanted to do. We told David of different places around the city we were considering and he also provided several options that we hadn't even thought of. My husband is from Ireland and we had family coming over to be a part of our day, who were staying at a local rental. David was extremely flexible in the planning and was able to divide his time well between the groomsmen getting ready as well as the girls. He figured out many of the details for the day as well as coming up with 'Plan B' in case it rained. The day of the wedding everything was perfect. David was on time and actually early at all of the locations he had to travel too. Of course the girls were ready when he arrived but he wasted no time in taking many other pictures and took some great shots. His communication with us as well as our other vendors was outstanding and I knew I didn't have to worry about a thing. We rented a party bus to take us around the city before the ceremony for shots and unfortunately they sent us a smaller size so David had to sit on the stairs by the door. Not once did he complain and he was great at navigating the bus driver as too where we had to go and where to park. He kept us on time at all of our locations and we arrived back to the hotel with time to relax and settle down before the ceremony, all while getting all the shots we wanted. Not once did I feel rushed. During everything, David was on top of his game and was flexible, adjustable and made sure we were happy and were getting the things we wanted. Definitely thrilled with my choice and ecstatic that David was our wedding photographer! We can't wait to see our pictures :)

Profile Picture Bobbi Jo, 7/11/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

Dave photographed our engagement pictures and our wedding day, and he is wonderful!! During our engagement pictures, it was the coldest day of 2013, and Dave spent the time with us, capturing pictures that we could only dream of. Recently, Dave came back, and photographer our wedding day during a horrible rain storm. He was so open to all our picture wants and needs, even my crazy request of random porch on a house near our venue in the rain. He made our day so special. He quickly turned around some preview shots, that we absolutely love. Dave is so friendly and makes you feel comfortable when you're smiling for pictures all day. I can't wait to hire him again!

Profile Picture Patty, 12/6/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

David was absolutely phenomenal to work with. He exceeded every expectation that we had. He was always responsive, open to our ideas and very creative with his own. He was laid back but also incredibly thorough and very attentive to detail and his photography is beautiful. We will continue to use him for any and a photography needs. Absolutely recommend him

Profile Picture Rachel, 9/6/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Dave is an absolutely amazing photographer and captured our wedding day so beautifully. From the moment we first met with Dave, we knew he would be right for us because he was easy going, professional, and had great attention to detail. On the wedding day, he was a pleasure to work with, and had a way of making us all feel relaxed and comfortable instead of stiff and posed. We couldn’t be happier with how the photos turned out. He really captured true emotion and through the photos, we can relive everything about the wedding day. I would not hesitate to recommend Dave to anyone looking for an amazing, down to earth, and incredibly talented photographer. Thank you Dave!

Profile Picture Katie, 5/24/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

My husband and I had a destination wedding in Jamaica. We planned a wedding reception for family in friends in PA that were not able to come to our wedding in Jamaica. We wanted to get nice, professional pictures from this event as well, but at a reasonable cost. Dave is a pleasure to work with. He's so talented and got great shots from the day. He's so easy to work with and get along with. I really love his work too! The pictures are great! I'm so happy we found Dave and will definitely recommend him to all our family and friends. We hope to work with him again in the future. Definitely a nice guy and someone you should use for photography!

Profile Picture Kelly, 5/17/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

My wedding was November 16, 2013. The wedding was small and the plans came together very quickly. We needed a photographer fast. Thankfully, David was available on our date. We met to work out the details and price and the rest is history. Our wedding was beautiful and David did a tremendous job capturing all that was lovely about our special day. I would recommend him to anyone looking for a quality photographer at reasonable price. Thank you McShea Photography, you helped turn our day into a series of memories that will last forever!

Profile Picture Hillary, 11/16/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We could not have been more pleased! David was an amazing photographer and extremely professional! From our engagement shoot to our wedding day, David was in communication with us and helped guide us through each step. We are so happy that David was able to capture every moment of our day!

Profile Picture Kristina, 11/9/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Dave was great the day of our wedding!! All the pictures he took were amazing and I would highly recommend him to anyone who's getting married. To everyone out there that's looking into different photographers, look no more. McShea Photography is who you should get. On top of the great work he did...he's a really nice guy as well. What more can you ask for.

Profile Picture Frank, 11/8/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

If I could give David from Mcshea Photography more than five stars, I would. He was the photographer for our engagement photos and our wedding. He is the nicest of all the wedding vendors we worked with and all of the pictures turned out amazing. He is great at taking candid photos and really capturing the emotions of the wedding day. My husband did not like his picture taken at all before the engagement shoot, but David made him feel comfortable and made the whole experience fun.

Profile Picture Rosalie, 10/26/13, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Dave is an absolutely wonderful photographer, a great guy to work with. SHe captured our day perfectly through a combination of posed and candid shots. I am amazed at how many great shots he was able to capture by himself; looking at the pictures you would swear we had more than one photographer. He was professional throughout the day, and got us our pictures very quickly. Hiring Dave was a great decision!

Profile Picture Lindsey, 10/19/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

Dave was fantastic to work with! In our very first meeting he took lots of notes and asked a bunch of questions making sure he understood what was important to us as a couple. He is detail oriented, but has a very laid back personality which made him wonderful to work with. Our night was amazing and his pictures really captured all aspects of our wedding. We are so happy we chose Dave to be our photographer.

Profile Picture User3659999, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

David was an amazing photographer to work with for my wedding. He accepted all of my suggestions and different ideas! Also, He offers reasonable prices packages with quality service and photos! I absolutely love my wedding photos! He captured everything a bride and groom would want to look back on.

Profile Picture Anna, 9/21/13, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

Dave was absolutely amazing to work with! Our venue had very strict rules for the vendors to follow but Dave worked around them and took AMAZING pictures! I don't think he ever stopped taking pictures during the night. Dave took amazing candid and posed pictures and posed us in many creative ways to get some really cool shots. I am blown away by the quality of the pictures that were taken. All of my bridesmaids already told me to save Daves number cause when they're day comes their definitely using him!

Profile Picture User3612621, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Dave McShea was a pleasure to work with and I would highly recommend him to anyone looking to hire a wedding photographer! From the initial email and phone contacts all the way through the weekend of the wedding, Dave was incredibly professional, easy to work with and full of great suggestions.

On the weekend of our wedding, Dave generously agreed to shoot our Rehearsal Dinner in lieu of the engagement photos. This was a great help to us since we live out of town and it was amazing to have professional photos of our entire wedding weekend!

The day of the wedding Dave and his secondary photographer Pete arrived to the hotel early and were absolutely great. Both guys did a great job of capturing both candid and set shots, and we couldn’t be happier with the way the photos turned out. Once again, we can’t recommend Dave McShea enough!

Profile Picture User2991085, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We had an amazing experience using Dave as our photographer, but we weren't surprised. In my husband's immediate family there have been four weddings in the past two years. Dave has been the photographer for each one! (what better review could I give?!) He is easy going, fun to work with and we are so happy with all the pictures! We definitely plan to keep in touch with Dave for any photography we may need in the future! You won't be disappointed.

Profile Picture Emily, 8/17/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

My husband and I recently got married and used Dave McShea as our photographer. He was absolutely the best! I would highly recommend him to anyone in need of a photographer. Every part of doing business with him was a pleasure. He was flexible with the hours for our initial meeting, phone calls, and engagement photos. He was always on time...early actually. I never had to worry about him forgetting something or being late, which was a big stress reliever for us both. Wedding planning can be overwhelming at times. He always kept in touch with us and responded to our inquiries within hours, if not minutes sometimes. Dave was very professional every step of the way and was a great value for our money. He was exceptionally reasonable with his prices (compared to everyone else we checked out) and did just as nice a job with his skills, if not an even better job than the overpriced photographers. Overall, I have no negative comments to say about McShea photography. It truly was a pleasure to have him be a part of our special day.

Profile Picture Julie, 8/2/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Dave was an absolute delight to work with! His easy-going yet always professional ways made what could have been a stressful process so easy! He was always open to ideas my husband and I had and is extremely reasonably priced compared to other vendors out there. Our guests at our wedding also noted how professional he was and how he 'blended in" with everyone. We really wanted someone who was not "pushy" and Dave fit the bill. We had our engagement shots done with him and they turned out beautiful. We loved how open he was with candid/not posed shots. Can't wait to see our wedding pics. Highly, highly recommend Dave!

Profile Picture Kelly, 6/16/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

David McShea was amazing. We only hired one photographer because we did not have a big photography budget and his pictures were so reasonably priced. However, we got way more for our money than we had planned. His pictures were absolutely incredible. He captured all of the moments beautifully. We are so happy with the end result and we cannot wait to order our album. He has a great eye and he is so nice and easy-going and easy to work with. I knew from the minute I met him that he would be perfect for our wedding and he was. Everyone in the Philadelphia and surrounding area should hire David McShea for their photography needs. Thanks David!!!!

Profile Picture Holly, 6/14/13, 15 Reviews
Category: Photography

Dave was so great for us! He was so flexible, able to work with our schedule and he was so easy to work with. The pictures turned out incredible! Would definitely recommend!

Profile Picture David, 5/25/13, 3 Reviews