McMenamins Grand Lodge Reviews

50 | Forest Grove, OR

50 Reviews for McMenamins Grand Lodge

Taylor · Married on 09/07/2019

Wonderful experience

Armando was awesome, he went out of his way to make sure everything was exactly how we pictured it. The menu and bar options were super flexible and they worked with our budget. We stayed two nights at the lodge and they made sure our rooms were near the venue space and gave us some souvenirs at check in. The rooms were small but made up for it with large bathrooms and closets. I'm so happy with how everything turned out!

Sent on 08/12/2019

McMenamins Grand Lodge's reply:

Taylor,

Thank you for the review! I am glad to hear that you and Armando worked well together and that your big day was seamless! We hope to plan an anniversary with you in the future :-)

Cheers,

Sydney McMurry, Sales Manager
    McMenamins Grand Lodge
  • Hayden

Hayden Wead · Married on 08/10/2019

Wonderful place to get married

On the day of our wedding it started to pour down rain 30 minutes before we were supposed to start. We had already cancelled the weather pending canopy because rain was not supposed to happen. The staff at Mcmenamins Grand Lodge acted very quickly and gave me many options to deal with the rain. They were able to put up pop up canopies and move the ceremony underneath cover and changed all the linens. They did all of this very quickly and provided a wonderful place for us to do our ceremony.

Sent on 08/15/2019

McMenamins Grand Lodge's reply:

Hayden,

Thank you for choosing us to be the backdrop to your special day! Oh, Oregon weather... We are glad that the rain did not hinder the spirit of you or your guests. Best wishes to you and Michelle!

Sydney McMurry, Sales Manager
    McMenamins Grand Lodge

Mark · Married on 08/06/2016

Beautiful grounds. Great customer service.

Sent on 07/31/2016

Laura · Married on 06/24/2016

The event coordination staff was very professional and quick to communicate every detail of our ceremony and reception. The venue was very beautiful and the service was excellent! When shopping around for a venue we found the Grande Lodge's prices could not be matched. Our stay in the wedding suite was wonderful as well and the food during our entire stay was great!

Sent on 08/18/2016

Kaitlyn · Married on 06/20/2015

Everything was perfect! Thank you Nikki, Catherine and McMenamins Grand Lodge I only wish we could have had it even later. Everyone agrees it was the best wedding ever

Sent on 07/25/2015

Best wedding venue in the area and for the cost. Staff is so helpful and friendly. Great communication with sells department.

Sent on 12/03/2014

Jennifer · Married on 10/12/2014

I was so pleasantly surprised at how easy McMenamin's Grand Lodge (specifically Catherine) was to work with! She never tired of my seemingly endless questions, answered them all with a professional, positive attitude and was just super nice. We had an extremely tight budget, and after researching tons of other venues/catering options, McMenamin's was the only one within our budget. I just can't say enough good things about McMenamin's Grand Lodge. "Easygoing but professional" would be the best description!

Sent on 11/02/2014

Jen · Married on 08/15/2014

If you are looking for a venue with peace of mind and entertainment for your guests, then we recommend you look into McMenamins Grand Lodge. Our coordinator Nikki was always quick to respond to questions and worked with us through every phase of the planning to make sure we were happy. She also provided lots of wedding insight about planning the event as we were doing everything on our own. Our ceremony was outdoors and the grounds were very well taken care of and made a beautiful backdrop for our photos. The great thing about a venue like McMenamins is that it offers your guests an experience to explore if there is downtime during the wedding (like photos) and many guests who have not been to a McMenamins love the chance to take it all in. So much of the guess work is taken out when you book at McMenamins as they do all the set up, serving and provide many things you otherwise would need caterers and rentals for. For the cost, you can't get much better. I know the day of the wedding we were extremely happy we didn't have to deal with different vendors all day. Our ceremony even went shorter than planned and when we asked the wait staff to move up the cake cutting and appetizer service that they were quick to make the change. Our bartender was awesome also, he kept asking me if I needed anything and entertained our guests. Go Grand Lodge!

Sent on 09/11/2014

Mandy · Married on 06/22/2014

We decided to go with McMenamins Grand Lodge after searching through many other Oregon venues. We had a projected guest list of 300 and we wanted a venue that could accomodate our guest list. We chose the Willow Grove at the Grand Lodge. We worked very closely with a Sales Coordinator during the entire process! Nikki was amazing and I could write an entire review just about her! She was so amazing and helpful, such a pleasant person to work with through this process! I love the simplicity of choosing a McMenamins venue. They take care of the food and catering, linens, dishes, glassware, silverware, everything! We met the minimum food and beverage amount which meant that we were able to get our space with no additional fees, just food and beverage minimum. We were able to stay within a reasonable budget and did not end up spending an arm and a leg for our wedding. It was a beautiful day and we had zero stress! The only thing that I would recommend is hiring a wedding coordinator to help things run smooth for the day of. We thankfully had a day of coordinator and with a wedding as big as ours, I am so glad that we did! This is a great venue choice if you are looking for simplicity and hassle free!

Sent on 07/06/2014

Sara · Married on 06/22/2014

I don't think we could have asked for a more beautiful venue for our wedding ceremony and reception. The service was exceptional, everyone was very attentive and really went above and beyond to take care of us and our guests.

Sent on 07/16/2014

Nicole · Married on 06/07/2014

The Grand Lodge was the first place I called for a venue because I have always loved McMenamins. I thought it would be too expensive but it wasn't and it included an assortment of food and beverages to choose from. We booked The Children's Cottage for the reception and wanted to get married in the Cedar Grove if the weather permitted. The weather was wonderful, we had a plan B if it was not. McMenamins took care of everything from linens/napkins, toast glasses, cake cutting to lights for the ceremony and bench and extension cord for our pianist. We had changed our minds about a couple of the details and Nikki was understanding and supportive of every change. The bartender was awesome and made sure we always had full glasses. Everything from the planning to execution was wonderful. I'd recommend McMenamins to anyone getting married.

Sent on 06/23/2014

The staff at McMenamins was professional, generous and creative. I would definitely recommend holding any event out at the Grand Lodge. Our wedding was perfect and a huge part of the success is because of the knowledgable staff.

Sent on 05/18/2014

Amber · Married on 02/22/2014

Working with McMenamins took the headache out of the whole process. It was so nice to have the space, linens, staff, food, bar, set up and clean up all taken care of at once. The venue and staff, including bartender, are all included in the catering minimum, which was extremely reasonable. Each space has its own sound system you can just plug your computer in to. Best of all, we didn't have to worry about where our guests would be staying and how to transport out-of-town visitors to and from the wedding. They stayed in the Lodge and loved it.

Sent on 03/11/2014

Jacie · Married on 11/17/2013

Nikki was my coordinator, she was PERFECT! she gave suggestions, but also embrassed my uniqueness. My wedding day went off without a hitch! It was perfect. Mcmenamins was perfect, we even stayed at the hotel for our first night and the soaking tub was amazing. My experience could not have been better. They took a lot off my plate and it was such a great value!! GO CHECK IT OUT!

Sent on 12/11/2013
  • W

William · Married on 10/28/2013

We had a lovely wedding at the McMennamin's Grand Lodge in Forest Grove Oregon. We looked at about ten different venues and we were just going to have a small, almost courthouse style ceremony with a dinner at a downtown Portland Hotel but we thought the cost of venues in Portland were very high. Nicole at Grand Lodge made our wedding a stress free pleasure. They know what they are doing and are very efficient. The Compass Room is a beautiful and classy space. It is a great value and the food was great and I am picky about my food. We had prime rib for 28 people and I loved it. The bartender was skilled and when the whole thing was done and we closed down the Compass Room we were able to continue the party and play pool in the bar that is in the basement. We got married on a Monday which may seem unusual but it worked out great and it was like we had the whole estate to ourselves. Room service the next morning was really nice. We couldn't be happier with our choice and we like the idea of being able to go back there and have dinner and reminisce in the future.

Sent on 11/13/2013

Marisa · Married on 10/26/2013

McMenamins Grand Lodge was such an amazing venue to get married at! Not only was the space unique and special, every staff member we encountered was so attentive and helpful. From our coordinator (who was phenomenal!!), to our catering captain, to the maintenance staff; everyone did their best to make us feel so special and attend to our every request! I would highly recommend this venue. And the value for the price you pay was absolutely worth it!

Sent on 01/30/2014

Hilary was amazing! She was very organized and patient as we tried to figure out our wedding plans. The day of the wedding everything was ready to go. Shea and Jamaica took care of all of our needs throughout the day. I, as the bride, did not have one stressful moment. It was truly the most stress-free day and I enjoyed every minute of it. The best part was that we did not have to setup or take down anything. I would most definitely recommend the Grand Lodge to anyone planning a big event.

Sent on 10/31/2013

Eden · Married on 09/07/2013

Hilary and the staff was excellent. Thorough, attentive, and good at anticipating our needs.

Sent on 11/07/2013
  • Amber

Amber · Married on 07/21/2013

Fantastic service and food! And the location was beautiful.

Sent on 07/30/2013
  • Trena

Trena · Married on 07/20/2013

Hilary and the Grand Lodge crew were absolutely amazing. She made sure I got the best bang for my buck, and wasn't afraid to tell us what she did (and didn't) recommend. Our wedding went off without a hitch, or if there was one, I never knew! Hilary was always very responsive to me emails, even the week before the wedding. We had the Delia's Garden space, and it was perfect. It felt secluded even with the lodge still being open to the public. Or at least it felt that way to me!

The value was amazing too! If we hit the (easy) minimum in food/beverages, the venue is included. Easily the best deal we had seen for such a beautiful space. And since it's McMenamins food, you know it's good!

We also had the rehearsal dinner the night before, and had access to the garden for the rehearsal itself.

Even though the space isn't available late (you have to be totally cleared by 10pm), we just took the party to the Dr's Office Bar downstairs, which worked perfectly. The older people got to enjoy the entire wedding, while the younger ones got to party and have fun well into the night.

We would highly recommend the Grand Lodge to anyone. Truly. It was the perfect wedding for us.

Sent on 07/28/2013

Venessa · Married on 04/06/2013

My husband and I just held our wedding at the Grand Lodge and we couldn't have asked for a better venue. We had looked around approximately 8 venues, and GL was the best for the value. The peace of mind in knowing they took care of all of the necessities and not having to use a separate vendor for each aspect was a releif. The sales staff was very professional and worked with us to make sure everything was perfect for "our day". The catering manager Christina was awesome and went out of her way several times that day to make us feel like we were the most important couple. They were having multiple events that day, but it never was an issue and we didn't receive any less treatment. The food was great, the venue was amazing. If I had to do it all over again, I wouldn't make any changes.

Sent on 04/09/2013

Lisa · Married on 06/02/2012

McMenamins Grande Lodge has many different rooms for whatever size ceremony or reception you need. Their prices were amazing, the service exceptional, and the food was perfect.
    They were able to give me the room I wanted on the date I wanted. They put up with constant calls and emails from me. I even asked them to measure the windows and the chair heights. The information was emailed to me within and hour.
    My family, husband and I, and guests stayed at the lodge for the weekend. The lodge set aside rooms for me and made all of the guests comfortable. Everyone enjoyed themselves.

Sent on 06/27/2012

Shyloh · Married on 01/21/2012

Our Ceremony and Reception were held at Grand Lodge in the Compass room and I can not say enough wonderful things about how beautiful, perfect it was! I highly recommend booking with them! Their food is phenomenal!

Sent on 01/27/2012

Becky · Married on 07/11/2008

The quality and service of this venue was spectacular. The staff and wedding coordinator went out of their way to make our wedding run smoothly. The food was perfect. The garden was gorgeous. We couldn’t have asked for a better place to get married.

Sent on 01/17/2010