McMenamins Anderson School Reviews

McMenamins Anderson School 6
McMenamins Anderson School 7

Deanna · Married on 02/09/2019

Even in a Snowstorm - A Complete Success

Planning a winter wedding can lead to some unexpected events, like the worst snowstorm in Seattle in years. However everything went off perfectly. The staff at Anderson School house went above expectations to make sure our day was perfect. So many guest commented on how much fun they had and how beautiful and quirky the venue was. Laura, our coordinator, is a true professional. She lent us her experiences and helped us make decisions we didn't even know we needed to make. The entire event went smoothly and timely, they didn't miss a thing -- and again during a snow storm.

Sent on 02/19/2019
    McMenamins Anderson School 8
  • Julie

Julie Welden · Married on 01/09/2019

The Perfect Brunch Wedding!

McMenamins Anderson School was a beautiful location for our wedding that checked every box--- Space? Check! Rooms to get ready? Check! Proximity to ferry, Seatac and Seattle? Check! In house catering? Check! Wonderful staff? Check! Parking?! Check check!

McMenamins will give you a staff member that will coordinate your event with you from beginning to end. Jennifer communicated with us often and made sure we were taken care of. The staff was more than accommodating and helpful. The food was delicious! and the drinks were the best!

Sent on 10/14/2019
    McMenamins Anderson School 9
    McMenamins Anderson School 10
    McMenamins Anderson School 11

Lori · Married on 08/31/2018

It was an awesome for rehearsal dinner

Sent on 09/07/2018

Kathryn · event on 12/08/2017

Their food was great, their sales coordinator was great and the party was a blast.

Sent on 12/26/2017

Mai Lan · Married on 10/31/2017

Food was amazing! Setup was just as we requested, servers were very attentive. The planner assigned to us was superb and extremely helpful!

Sent on 11/11/2017

Maria · event on 07/15/2017

The staff at McMenamins in Bothell are the reason to book. They are genuine and will take care of your needs. It goes beyond saying that the facilities and food are outstanding as well. I am so happy that we held our family event here. They accommodated our large family with many small children.

Sent on 08/17/2017
  • Jenny & Keith

Jenny & Keith · Married on 07/15/2017

We stayed in a 'King Plus' room for two nights during our honeymoon & it was seriously the coziest hotel room you could ask for. Take advantage of the saltwater swimming pool! Everything was so clean & thoughtfully decorated & the staff was very friendly & welcoming.

Sent on 07/20/2016

Jules · event on 07/07/2017

The event coordinator helped us through each step of planning our son's rehearsal dinner. We went into the event knowing that everything was taken care of.
    We would use them again

Sent on 07/14/2017

Sarah · Married on 07/01/2017

Everyone was so helpful and great at McMenamins! Laura Lilley made planning and getting ready for our wedding so easy. She was so responsive, kind, and made meetings stress-free. I highly recommend having your wedding at this venue! It's beautiful, fun, and they handled everything while making it look easy!

Sent on 09/06/2017

Stoyan · event on 05/25/2017

Great venue, great organization and professional service!

Sent on 06/06/2017

Jan · event on 02/19/2017

Anderson School venue, food, drink and friendly service was the BEST we have ever experienced. Our guests (and my husband, the Birthday guy) cannot quit talking about how delicious the food was, how helpful the staff was and how much fun they had. They made it easy to create the experience you wanted to have with a minimum of stress.

Sent on 03/03/2017

Stacey · event on 02/09/2017

We had to reschedule 4 times due to weather reports and I cannot thank the staff (Adam) for being willing and so cool about changing dates! Once we finally had the event we had a lot of comments on how good the food was. The staff during the event were all A+++++
    Thanks!

Sent on 02/23/2017

Brandi · Married on 10/22/2016

Plan EARLY and have Laura Lilley help plan your event!!

Sent on 11/04/2016

We hired Mcmenamins Anderson School as the venue for a wedding rehearsal dinner and for a day after wedding brunch. We selected them because of recommendations from local residents and we conducted all our negotiation and planning via phone. Everything was handled very professionally, and all arrangements were delivered exactly as contracted. The food was outstanding and the staff was terrific. The venues for both events were comfortable for our size group. The one disappointment is that the room for the rehearsal dinner turned out to be bit darker than we inferred from the pictures. However, use of the room came with an attached balcony which proved to be perfect for our guests. I would sincerely recommend McMenamins and I would use them again for this type of event.

Sent on 07/29/2016

Marita · event on 07/16/2016

It was there perfect venue for our high school 40th reunion. Everyone had a wonderful time and complimented on the staff and venue many times. We are planning our 45th reunion at the same location it was such a success!

Sent on 07/25/2016
  • User7008335 · event on 07/16/2016

My event coordinator, Julia, was easy to work with. The Patty Murray room was the perfect size to have my birthday party just like she suggested. I had my party during the day. I had ordered the plated breakfast served as a buffet and added on the waffle bar. Then for dessert I chose the sundae bar. All the food was very good and well received by my guests. Our server, Christine, was fantastic as well. I made my own invitations from a book of post cards from the gift shop. Everyone loved them and thought the card they received was funny. I will definitely have another event there.

Sent on 07/25/2016

Tia · event on 07/09/2016

This is our 4th summer picnic at McMenamins Cornelius Pass Road House in Hillsborro and it will not be our last! They are professional, courteous, helpful, the service is excellent and the event planning is always spot on. They take so much stress off of what I have to do to prepare for this event each year and that makes me keep coming back! I would feel comfortable not even showing up to my event because I know that everything would run smoothly. For the 250+ people that we have show up, they make it seem effortless and I love coming back each year and seeing the same faces working our event. My employees tell me each year how good the food is, how well the staff treats them and that they can't wait to come back next year. They are the best, if you are thinking of booking your event here, I absolutely would recommend that you do!

Sent on 07/28/2016

Rachael · event on 06/30/2016

Everything from start to finish was so simple and easy! The quality of the staff, their services and the food/drinks was beyond our expectation!
    We would definitely recommend them to anyone and would use them again!!

Sent on 07/08/2016

cristina · event on 06/05/2016

everithing was good,except i forgot my cake server utensil and even after look for it and write a decription in the book of lost and found,still nobady call me,they mst know than the server was nor theirs,so what happened? this server was mine for a longtime and know its lost? im dissapointed.

Sent on 06/14/2016
  • User6231915 · event on 01/07/2016

I had nothing bad to say about the evening it could not have gone any better

Sent on 01/19/2016

Joshua · Married on 11/15/2015

About six months before the Anderson school was scheduled to open, my fiancée and I decided it would be worth the trip to Edgefield to check it out. At this point, we had toured over a dozen venues, and all of them had at least a few things that we didn’t exactly love; some were either too expensive for what they gave you, the event space was either too small or too big, or parking was a nightmare, or a host of other issues. We emailed the contact for events at McMenamins, and we happened to get the Director of Sales. We told her we were considering the Anderson School for our wedding, and were going to head to Edgefield for a night to check it out and see what all the hype was about. The Director of Sales, Susan, set us up with a complementary wine tasting of ALL their wines; there must have been fifteen of them – and put us in touch with the staff there to get a tour of their venue spaces.

The attention to detail and the insistence on keeping true to a buildings’ character and history was truly inspiring. This sealed the deal for us; we were hooked and on board. After our visit, we probably exchanged over two hundred emails with Susan, asking various details about what the venue layout will look like, catering menus, etc. Keep in mind, we booked the venue with NO IDEA of what it would actually look like; we were putting a lot of faith in McMenamins because of what we saw and experienced at Edgefield. Anderson School was scheduled to open on October 15th, 2015; and our wwedding date was 11/15/15, cutting it close? You know it! We didn’t actually see the venue space until October 13th, 2015; and we were blown away! The space was amazing, and more than we expected. The rates, the food, the space, and the people at McMenamins created a truly memorable day for us, and we highly recommend considering them for your wedding or event, you will be more than happy!

Sent on 01/19/2016

Jennifer · event on 10/25/2015

Communication between the venue and myself was flawless. The space was clean and ready for us when we arrived and the staff was very attentive.

Sent on 12/28/2015

Thomas · event on 11/19/2016

These guys are great! I could not have asked for a better evening and they took care of all the details. My only mark down was on value, not because we did not get every penny's worth but it just was somewhat expensive. Using their venue, you cannot bring in your own food to cut down on costs but on the flip side, you get to take home what is left over. I would not hesitate to recommend this venue and very much appreciate the people, you will not regret choosing McMenamins.

Sent on 12/02/2016

We had our wedding reception at McMenamins Anderson School. The venue was excellent. Haynes' Hall already had its own style and character, which worked for our personal tastes. There's no dance floor but we were able to get one for the event.

The director of sales was very responsive, down to earth and always willing to accommodate us. E-mail communication was excellent. All the planning was wonderful! The staff were excellent. Our coordinator raved about the catering staff and their responsiveness.

We liked that there was no additional fee for the venue if the food and beverage minimums were reached, which was easily obtained. However, this also meant that we had to work with the onsite catering. Nonetheless our guests enjoyed the menu. They were also impressed with the beverages on tap.

The hotel rooms were very nice but pricey. That is a given for the amenities you get: lots of beer and entertainment everywhere, even including a large pool.

Our only gripe was that parking was difficult and stressful. Our wedding reception was held simultaneously with another event at McMenamins as well as a football game in the nearby stadium. This caused a lot of traffic and all the parking spots were taken. They should reserve some parking spots for wedding guests.

We were one of the first couples to have a wedding reception at McMenamins Anderson School shortly after their grand opening, so we thought overall they did a great job given that. We can only imagine them improving after learning some lessons from our event and other events. McMenamins Anderson School has everything for a wedding reception. Just watch your budget, an advice for every couple.

Sent on 12/23/2015
  • Pepsy

Pepsy · Married on 01/19/2019

Great locations, Totally affordable, but read the fine print

I did love having my wedding here. Because it is a full hotel, restaurant, tavern, and facilities place there were a lot of things that made it such a great experience for our guests. However, there was alot of little things that was not very well explained to us. One was we were told our wedding could be over by 11. But really that meant that the room had to be turned over by 11. Therefore, the bar closed at 930 and we had to kick everyone out by 10. Also, the bar was only able to be open for 5 hours not the whole time. These were things that was not made clear. Also, I felt their beverage options to be way to expensive. So my feedback to them would be to come up with a way to offer bottomless something. For instance we purchased Lemonade and Ice tea at $34 a gallon, but it was not bottomless. Which was weird to us. However, soda was bottomless. Even with all that said I would not have gone anywhere else. It was hands down the best place to have a wedding on the Eastside and it was super affordable.

Sent on 02/15/2019