McGowan Images Reviews

96 | Stephenville, TX

96 Reviews for McGowan Images

Brittany · Getting married on 10/25/2020

Mack and Chelsea

McG is an anomaly when it comes to service, treating their clients like family and being as attentive as possible.

Sent on 07/07/2019
  • Cindy

Cindy Smith · Married on 11/16/2019

Perfect pictures

My daughter’s wedding pictures were absolutely perfect. There were some that looked like they belonged in a magazine. They were stunning!

Sent on 12/04/2019
  • Trish

Trish · Married on 11/02/2019

I made sure to book the McGowans before any other vendor!

Seriously, I reached out to the McGowan’s before I booked anything for my wedding to find out their 2019 availability for my wedding. Then I planned the rest from there because it was super important to me to have them booked and locked in for my special day. Outside of Chelsea and Mack being some of the most wonderful human beings that I know, they are the most professional and by far the most reliable vendor you’re going to invest in. They have also been in the biz for I believe around a decade so that also means they have built some pretty amazing relationships with other vendors in the industry. Chelsea was kind enough to send me her preferred list of vendors she respects to assist me with hiring out the rest of the dream team. I can’t even begin to put into words how much value they added to our wedding outside of capturing some of the most beautiful images. I’m pretty sure Chelsea and Mack re bustled my dress at least a dozen times that night and kept certain drama sponges away from me. I personally don’t even think it’s a stretch to claim that Chelsea and Mack turned into day-of coordinators for us by providing a schedule for the day and sticking to it PERFECTLY. Chelsea and Mack are going to capture some of the most beautiful, special moments all the way to the moment when my officiant did a cartwheel during a Beyonce song. They are going to capture images you didn’t even know you needed and I can promise you, that you will end up treasuring for the rest of your life. Don’t worry about feeling awkward or uncomfortable with posing because they will immediately put you at ease and give you direction on the perfect poses. Bad fake smiler? No problem, one of the McGowan’s will crack a joke that will get you full body laughing. Because yes, in addition to everything else I just mentioned, they are also comedians.
    I could probably write a small novel on the McGowan’s and my love of their work but for fear of running out of character space I’ll end with this review being my personal guarantee that if you book with them you will fall in love with every image they capture and then some. The only con is the number of frames you’ll need to buy because you’ll want to frame every picture!

Sent on 11/22/2019
  • Samantha

Samantha · Married on 04/27/2019

Amazing photographers, better people!

We were blown away at how amazing Mack and Chelsea are! They captured our engagement and wedding photographs exactly how we wanted, and the quality is the best! They were the best choice we made for our wedding! Don’t ponder hiring them, DO IT, trust them, and let them take the lead... they won’t do you wrong! We can’t wait for them to capture the important memories for our family!

Sent on 06/13/2019

Katie Buddin · Married on 11/18/2018

The best photography!

I spent months on finding a photographer, once I met Chelsea and Mack I knew they were meant to be our photographer. Just to be on the safe side we visited about 5 other photographers all over Fort Worth and Dallas, but their photos did not look anything like McGowan Images. We had the most amazing photos from both our engagement session and wedding. What I liked most about them, is that they want you happy, and they want the best photos taken. They will move the creepy uncle that magically keeps appearing in their shots (true story) and do it with ease because at the end of the day, you want the perfect photos. They are super personable and just overall badass to work with. I am the most awkward person when it comes to photos but they found a way to make it less awkward and by the end of the day it felt completely normal. We love our photos and received so many compliments on them through various forms of social media. If you do not go with McGowan Images, you will regret it.

Sent on 02/02/2019
  • Meredith

Meredith · Married on 10/26/2018

Made My Day

I met Chelsea and Mack when the photographed my sister's wedding. So I knew I wanted them to be my photographers before I had even met my husband!
    They lived up to every memory I had of them. From the get go, they were so great about making the planning process and day of as stress free as possible.
    They were flexible with engagement photos when the weather just WOULD NOT cooperate. And they helped us feel more comfortable in front of the camera, even though we are super awkward.
    On our wedding day, they were my saving grace. My dress was not cooperating and Chelsea stepped in to save the day by keeping me calm. They also kept everyone laughing and still on schedule. They captured every sweet, funny and joyous moment beyond my expectations. And they got our pictures back to us within 6 weeks of the wedding.
    I've heard horror stories of other people's photographers and am so glad I had these two in my corner. Thank you Chelsea and Mack!
    Meredith

Megan Rodriquez · Married on 10/20/2018

Book them!

If you need a photographer for anything, ESPECIALLY a wedding, do yourself a favor and hire Mack and Chelsea of McGowan Images! The photos we have from our wedding in Mexico are all more than we could have imagined. Every picture in our gallery was perfect. We love them all SO much! Not to mention how much fun they are! I love seeing these posts and revisiting our day all over again. Cherished memories and we have pictures that will last forever!

Amy Davis · Married on 09/15/2018

McGowan Images - A great choice to capture your special day!

We loved McGowan Images! I wasn't sure where I wanted my engagement pictures taken, so Chelsea sent me several port folios to look through so I could figure out what suited Chris and I. Once I picked a location, they were very flexible in scheduling our engagement pictures and they turned out so beautifully! On our wedding day, they let things flow naturally and captured a lot of candid moments and they when things felt awkward, they were great in helping us a choose a pose that was flattering and intimate.

• Meghan

Meghan · Married on 07/21/2018

Best vendor we booked!

As soon as we nailed down a date we emailed McGowan Images to make sure they were free before we signed the venue contract. That's how badly we wanted them to photograph the best day of our lives. Just from seeing their work you know they create works of art you will actually want to have on display in your home, not just the same type of wedding photos you see over and over again. They take time to get to know you and photograph the day so that each wedding reflects the personality of the couple. Not only is their work BEAUTIFUL (seriously we have received so many compliments and questions on who we used for our photos), but they are so much fun. They are easy to work with and an absolute joy to be around. Chelsea and Mack also helped make sure our wedding day would run super smooth. I can't imagine most photographers ask who else we were working with and provide guidance/recommendations when we asked. They made sure we were taken care of and stress free on our wedding day. Now we have the most stunning images of the best day (and engagements!) displayed throughout our home. I cannot recommend them enough! You won't regret it. :)

• bobbileighba

bobbileigh · Married on 06/22/2018

This was my single best investment in the entire wedding. Chelsea was a sounding board for me on so many things related to the wedding and even a few non-wedding related. Chelsea and Mack are truly wonderful people who love their clients and do everything in their power to make your day the best it can be. They helped with timelines, helped my maid of honor get me into my dress and many more things I could name. They took time to get to know about Matt and I and therefore were able to capture the day just the way we envisioned it. They just all around went above and beyond, I used them for engagements, boudoir and wedding so far every picture I have seen is stunning.

Sent on 04/19/2011
  • Rebecca

Rebecca Galindo · Married on 05/26/2018

Stop looking, mcgowen images has to photo your day!

Chelsea and Mac are not only amazing people on their own. When you put them behind a camera they take it to a whole other level! They froze our day in time and captured every moment we ever imagined wanting. From the moment we met Chelsea and Mac they made us feel so comfortable in front of a camera and if you have a husband like mine who struggles to find his smile, they sure did do the trick. I plan for Chelsea and Mac to do any future photo shoot my new family takes in the future. The were prompt in responses and make you feel like a supermodel. The photos speak for themselves

Jessica · Married on 12/16/2017

We are completely blown away at how amazing The McGowans are. My husband, Ty asked them to shoot our proposal last December, and despite their busy schedule and the fact that they were officially on “holiday mode” by then, they agreed to shoot the session and capture our special moment! After seeing how perfect the pictures were, we obviously had to use them for our wedding. My husband and I are not models and do not take professional pictures often, so you can imagine how awkward we could be in front of a camera. We were pleasantly surprised to feel extremely comfortable, were told exactly how to pose and then were just able to be ourselves while Chelsea and Mack captured our moments together. They clearly captured our love story so perfectly and we are so thankful to have them in our lives. Even guests at our wedding were coming up to us all night and telling us how amazing our photographers were. We will definitely be using Chelsea and Mack in the future.

Sent on 01/08/2018

Christian · Married on 09/04/2017

Chelsea and Mack are absolute ROCKSTARS!! They catch the special moments, capture every ounce of love in their photos, and are insanely talented! They are just the BEST ever.

Brittany · Married on 05/06/2017

Talking with Chelsea and Mack was the first thing we did when we started planning our wedding. I had seen their work and knew that I had to have them for our photographers. We checked their availability before we even looked for venues to make sure our date would work for them when we found our perfect venue. Chelsea was so great answering all of my questions during the planning process and when I had a wedding nightmare with the wedding planner I hired a year before our event and I felt I needed to change planners 6 WEEKS BEFORE our wedding Chelsea was the one I ran to and asked for help. She was on a photo shoot that day but texted me the very next morning on a weekend and said I made some call and HeidiBeth is available and you will love her. She was right, yet again, and saved the day and our wedding went off without a hitch. They captured the best pictures of us on our engagement shoot and during our wedding. I will always cherish the photos the two have blessed us with. I can't wait to do another family shoot with this wonderful couple. They always make us feel comfortable and make us look good even though we are feel like we are super awkward and not photogenic...they somehow make us look so natural and comfortable in pictures. I can't say enough good things about these two. Invest in their talent and you won't regret it!!

Sent on 11/16/2017

BriAnne · Married on 04/22/2017

I have known Chelsea since high school and I actually met Mack at church when he played for our worship band. I have watched their interest in photography turn into a full blown successful business. I picked them out before I had anything else for the wedding!! They were such a blast to work with. They make you feel amazing and comfortable. I had full and complete trust in them and their vision for our shoots. Want us to grab an umbrella and stand under a fountain? No problem!

I would highly HIGHLY recommend them for your photograph needs!!

Catherine · Married on 04/15/2017

My one "splurge" for our wedding was Photographers... I'd seen McGowan Images' work before and knew we had to have them! When high winds cut our engagement shoot short Mack and Chelsea were kind enough to work us in for the rest of our session on a different day (and still got some KILLER shots in the wind, as well!) to make sure we were totally happy. After the wedding, my husband even apologized for doubting me and has officially declared them to be our Family Photographers!! Couldn't be happier and looking forward to hiring them many times over in the future!

Ana · Married on 01/14/2017

McG was a dream to have at my wedding! They were very easy to contact/communicate during wedding planning, were a delight to have at the wedding and the outcome of their work was breathtaking. Chelsea's wealth of knowledge was invaluable, she helped me put on my vail, change into a flower crown for the reception and gave me useful tips on how to successfully go to the restroom in my wedding gown.

Sent on 10/30/2017

melissa · Married on 10/22/2016

Chelsea and Mack are by far the BEST photography team I've ever come in contact with! I met them at my best friend's wedding in April (The pictures were so awesome they were featured in 360 weddings) and they did a fabulous job as the photos were gorgeous! They work together to get every possible, perfect angle...its pretty cool seeing them work a party with their cameras! For our wedding we were actually gifted an hour with Chelsea before and during our little courthouse elopement (I'm so lucky to have such an awesome best friend)! The photos were freaking fantastic! You should see some of things Chelsea can do with lighting... PURE GENIOUS! They are also VERY reasonably priced, so all you girls on a serious budget should seriously consider them! These two are AMAZING... Book them ASAP!

Sent on 10/21/2015

Kelly · Married on 10/21/2016

Ok... I seriously don't know what I would have done if I didn't hire Chelsea and Mack for my wedding. The photographer was the #1 important thing I wanted to have for my wedding because lets be real.. Some peoples wedding I've seen have been horrid... My pictures are FLAWLESS and just the most beautiful images I have ever seen in my life. Being in the wedding industry myself, I had several options and many photographer friends that even offered their services for free... I knew I had to have the McGowans though. They did my bridals, our engagements and our wedding. Within posting my images on Facebook, I received 99+ notifications and they were all comments and "likes" on my pictures. Then I started getting text messages of friends telling me they had to pull over to see my pictures while they were driving... LOL. WHAT!? If that doesn't scream THE BEST I seriously don't know what does. Super professional, nice, fun and all around great people. If you want the best, hire the McGowans, The best always get hire first so act now while they are not booked because they book up fast. Thank you again Chelsea and Mack for the most memorable images!! I love ya'll!!

Sent on 11/16/2016

Malisa · Married on 05/14/2016

If you are looking for a wedding/engagement photographer that gives you above and beyond your expectations - Chelsea and Mack are your people! What you get from them is worth double what they charge. They are fun, personable, professional and truly care about you on your wedding day. They have your best interest at heart and will do whatever it takes for you to have a perfect wedding day - they have been known to wrangle other vendors who need guidance or direction! They are both great about making you feel comfortable and always find a way to make you laugh. Having a married couple really brought a great dynamic to our sessions since Mack could focus on my husband and Chelsea could be with us girls. Plus....despite their long successful marriage, they are still in the honeymoon phase - their love and connection is contagious. Chelsea and Mack have traveled all over the states to capture important life events for clients - they adapt to any environment - and bring out the best in you and your location. There is no location they can't make look AMAZING! We constantly get calls and messages about Chelsea and Macks work and how unique and gorgeous their work is. People assume we paid double what we did for their work. Any life event that comes our way Mack and Chelsea will be our first phone call to capture it! They have become part of the family and we consider them friends. I promise you wont be disappointed!

Sent on 09/01/2016

Calli · Married on 04/30/2016

Chelsea and Mack are not only incredible photographers, but people as well! My husband absolutely HATES taking photos of any kind and he had a BLAST! (Of course I did too!) My jaw hit the floor when we got our pictures, and many happy tears were cried. I am still in awe of the amazing work they did, and how perfectly they captured some of the best moments of our lives. Thank you Chelsea and Mack!

Marissa · Married on 03/18/2016

Advice: Book them.

Now.

Rearrange your budget however you need to, because Chelsea & Mack are AMAZING. If I could give them 10 stars, I would. Your photos are the way you'll remember your wedding day forever. Make them count.

During the shoot/event: They're fun and easy going, and are great at making you feel comfortable and natural so that your pictures capture YOU and not a bunch of awkward or forced smiles and poses. During our wedding, they were in the background enough that they captured so many great candid moments, but were confident enough in our shared vision of what we wanted for the night to be able to step in and say, "We need you to do this for just a moment" or "Can we get a shot of ...." without interrupting the flow of the night.

After the wedding, they were able to quickly get our pics edited and posted to an awesome site for easy ordering. They also provided us with the actual images (.zip file) so that we could order them from anywhere we chose.

Bottom line: If you're looking for amazing photographers that will capture the best version of you and your family, book this awesome team.

Sent on 10/04/2016

Katie · Married on 10/06/2015

FANTASTIC!! McGowan Images made all of my dreams come true. Their professionalism and talent blow me away each and every time I look at their work. If you want your wedding captured with a focus on beauty, epic moments, details, and love-look no further. Their knowledge of wedding portraits and timelines ensures that you never miss a memory and their extreme talent for individuality guarantees that your portraits are unique and breathtaking. McGowan Images will be my go to photography business to capture all our future celebrations...there simply is no other option. I truly love both Chelsea and Mack and can't imagine my life without them.

Sent on 01/12/2016

Oh boy, where do I even begin? When my husband proposed, there was absolutely no hesitation in our choice of photographers. We knew 100% it would be Chelsea & Mack. It was especially important to us that we connect and absolutely love our photographers, as they were traveling to our wedding in New Orleans with us, as well as having an engagement, bridal & after session. So, they were going to be stuck with us for a while! :] It's been a year and a half since we booked them, and all of our "big events" are over, and I can honestly say that this was the best decision we made. They made us feel SO comfortable in front of the camera, which is something that I am usually not..at all! But somehow they captured our love, and our connection perfectly, without me looking like I've never seen a camera before. They were always in constant communication, which was something that was SUPER important to me. Most important to me though, is how they just felt like our best friends from the get go. They're so relatable, so sweet, so understanding & absolutely love what they do. And it shows in every image & every session. My husband & I will never have anyone else photograph us or our families- we're hooked! They were so supportive every step of the way, and were complete rockstars on our wedding day, even when I had a bit of a panic attack. I'm sorry, but if you don't hire a photographer that will get you a chair and a plate of food and tell you to just breathe and talk you through some stress- you're doing it wrong. We are so lucky to have them as our photographers & friends for life. We love you guys!

Sent on 10/21/2015

Chris · Married on 09/06/2015

Okay so here is the deal if you are booking any other photographers for you big day, you are making a terrible mistake. First the quality of the memories that you will receive from having such an amazing team like the Mcgowans is irreplaceable. They are flexible, insightful, professional, and so much more. I am not overselling them at all if you want to look back in 50 years to remember the day you promised your life to each other then book the Mcgowans now, because they don't take pictures the capture memories. They are amazing people with an amazing gift and I could not have been happier with the service they delivered!!!!!!!

Sent on 11/04/2015