McGee Entertainment & Events Reviews

562 | Jacksonville, FL

562 Reviews for McGee Entertainment & Events

Shawn & Jennifer Hicks · Getting married on 11/01/2021

These guys delivered on our wedding day.

This company I believe is made up of two brothers. The day of the wedding in particular Milton was our director of sound and of course the DJ. We initially talked with 4 or 5 different options. Carlton & Milton were comparable in price to their competitors, in fact I think they were on average 50 to 100 more affordable with what they charged. Ultimately price was not the number one decider for us. We just seemed to connect with Milton when we talked on the phone. He is professional. At the same time, he came across as laid back, likable, and seemed to put me personally at ease. He is a genuine guy you can relate to. He knows what he's doing. The day of the wedding he delivered and kept things moving and lively. He also stayed an extra half hour for us since we had extended our wedding time at our venue a bit. He is now part of our life long memory of our wedding day. We HIGHLY RECOMMEND him!

Sent on 02/01/2020

McGee Entertainment & Events's reply:

Thank you! DJ/Emcee Milton is a full time DJ. His customer service and attention to details is tops in the industry!

Stephanie · Getting married on 10/10/2020

I loved McGee Entertainment as my DJ for my wedding. I first discovered them at a bridal show and immediately knew I wanted them as soon as I spoke with them. They are so much fun and also professional. I didn't hire them right away though. However, after seeing them at my venue for a suggested vendor event I knew it was the right choice. I would recommend McGee to anyone for any event! Can't wait to use them again.

Sent on 09/13/2015

Hello Stephanie,
    Thanks for the review. James was the DJ/Emcee for this wedding reception.

Jennifer Thomas · Married on 01/23/2020

They were amazing!!!

Super attentive. Did a great job planning out everything and when asked for suggestions were awesome. They even accommodated the night before suggestions and surprise day of songs for my new sister in law to sing. The vendor even commented they were excited when they saw who we picked because they are so great and easy to work with! I will definitely use them again if we have another event and recommend them for yours! THEY WILL NOT Disappoint !!!

Sent on 02/10/2020

Hello Jennifer,
    Thank you for posting this review. DJ Milton was the DJ/Emcee for this event held at the White Room (Loft) in St. Augustine, FL.

Jackie O · Married on 01/18/2020

Fabulous DJ

Amazing DJ!!!! We hired Carlton to DJ our daughters wedding, the process was so easy. Everyone that attended the wedding raved about the music. He read the crowd perfectly to keep the party going. Music is very important in a reception and having McGee Entertainment will be the right choice for your event. Highly recommend them and Carlton is the right guy for the job! You will not be dissapointed. Very pleasant, professional and a great guy!

Sent on 02/02/2020

Hi Jackie,
    Carlton
  • Angela

Angela Maxey · Married on 12/07/2019

Created the Atmosphere of Love

GREAT! OUTSTANDING! Is what I can say. They had all the music I needed and wanted. Played ceremony music and had everyone mic. Kept the dance floor full of dancing guest.

Sent on 12/15/2019
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 11/22/2019

Professional and with it!

Could read the crowd and move events along nicely. Easygoing to work with and very professional. Played all the songs we requested and kept the party going! Also is willing to do phone meetings which was so much more convenient than meeting face to face.

Sent on 02/07/2020

McGee Entertainment & Events's reply:

Thank you for posting this review Jessica! DJ Milton was the DJ/Emcee for this wedding ceremony and reception. The event was held at the Casa Marina in Jacksonville Beach, FL.
  • Carly

Carly Bussey · Married on 11/10/2019

Fantastic from the beginning to end

Nothing but a great experience with McGee Entertainment! The responsiveness was the BEST and so easy to make changes if we needed to. Carlton made our wedding go by so smoothly while keeping it fun! Highly recommend!

Sent on 11/15/2019

CANDICE R BRADLEY · Married on 11/02/2019

Carlton was the nicest and most professional DJ I have ever seen

Carlton was the perfect fit for my wedding! He was extremely understanding and had the best taste in music! He read the crowd so well! A bunch of people made compliments on the music at the wedding! All you bride to be's out there. PICK CARLTON AS YOUR DJ! YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT!

Sent on 11/13/2019
  • Ashley

Ashley Cotton · Married on 11/02/2019

Great experience

Milton was easy to work with and had a great personality for a DJ. Played all the songs we requested. Only had an issue with a song or 2 being the wrong version of it but to be expected with as many songs as you can request. Easy to work with long distance as everything could be done with phone meetings,emails, and the online event planner

Sent on 02/04/2020

McGee Entertainment & Events's reply:

Thank you for posting this review. DJ/Emcee Milton is one of the top Wedding DJ's in Northeast Florida.

Crystal · Married on 10/19/2019

Professional & Entertaining

Carlton did an amazing job for our wedding! He did a great job engaging all the guests and kept everyone dancing the whole night which is exactly what any bride and groom want. He was extremely professional and easy to work with. We will definitely be hiring him for our next event. Thank you again for everything you did - our big day couldn't have been possible without all the great music!

Sent on 10/29/2019

McGee Entertainment & Events's reply:

Thank you Crystal. I was a pleasure partying with you and your Arizona family. This ceremony and reception was held at the Ribault Club on St. Georgia Island.
  • Madison

Madison · Married on 10/06/2019

Best Wedding DJ Ever!

Carlton was amazing, I could not have asked for a better DJ! Before the wedding, I was nervous that no one would dance, but that was 100% not the case! The dance floor stayed packed all night! Everyone had a blast!
    Carlton listened to my requests about what I liked and what I didn't- ending in the best wedding I have ever been to, but maybe I'm biased. He truly helped make the night unforgettable.

Sent on 10/11/2019

Hi Madi,
    Thank you for posting this review. This ceremony and reception was held at the Treasury in St. Augustine, FL.

Breanna Graham · Married on 09/21/2019

A great DJ & Emcee

We had Carlton as the DJ for our wedding and he was perfect for us from the start, the process was so easy with him- we got to make our playlist and he said he loved every bit of it and was excited to play it and make it fun. The reception was a blast, and our guests loved going up to him to request songs. The flow of the music was perfect, the dance floor stayed packed the whole night. He also made sure he pronounced everyone’s name perfectly and he just paid attention to detail. He was wonderful and I would definitely recommend McGee Entertainment for your wedding!

Sent on 10/25/2019
  • W

Whitney L · Married on 09/20/2019

Absolutely perfect!

We would recommend McGee Entertainment to anyone looking for the best DJ in town. We got married at The Treasury in St. Augustine in September 2019 and we had Milton as our DJ and Emcee. We couldn’t have made a better choice. Creating our playlist and working with Milton was super easy and he absolutely killed it at the wedding. He had over 100 people dancing and his song flow was perfect. Our guests are still talking about how awesome the music was. Thank you Milton!!

Sent on 10/16/2019

McGee Entertainment & Events's reply:

Thank you for posting this review for DJ Milton. He is one of the most requested wedding DJ/Emcees in Northeast Florida!
  • Thomas

Samantha · Married on 07/27/2019

Amazing , Fun and party all night

DJ Carlton McGee absolutely crushed it at our wedding. He kept the dance floor full all night. The transitions and song choices were great… he took our few suggestions and created a real party atmosphere. It was just like being at the club like we hoped it would be. We had a bunch of guest telling us how good he was and asking us where in the world we found him. He was also very professional, a really sharp dresser, and a super nice guy, very responsive, and was generally just great to deal with. We absolutely recommend booking McGee Entertainment

Sent on 07/29/2019

Hey Byron,
    Thank you for posting this awesome review! It was a pleasure working with you and Samantha. This wedding ceremony and reception was held at The Treasury in St. Augustine, FL
  • Jordan

Jordan · Married on 06/22/2019

Absolutely amazing!!

McGee Entertainment was absolutely amazing at our wedding at Casa Marina in Jacksonville Beach. Milton McGee was our DJ and he was incredible. We had specific requests for the ceremony and dinner and he played them and then kept the party going for our dance party. The music was one of my main concerns and Milton wiped away all of my worries and made this the best night of our lives!!

Sent on 07/11/2019

Hello Jordan,
    Thank you for posting this review for DJ/Emcee Milton. Milton is a proven, veteran DJ/Emcee with skills unmatched in this market. Milton, without a doubt, is one of the best wedding DJ/Emcee's in Northeast Florida!

Lauren · Married on 06/15/2019

Wonderful! Kept the dancefloor crowded all night!

Choosing music for our wedding was a huge decision for us, and we knew having the 'right' DJ was so instrumental for that. We were so nervous picking a DJ because we knew we wanted a DJ that would keep our dance floor crowded and partying all night, read the crowds vibes, and really keep the flow of our wedding going smoothly. Carlton with McGee couldn't have done all these things, and more, any more perfectly! From our first conversations he was warm, engaging, and put our minds at ease that we would be in good hands with him. He was great to work with and provides a personalized wedding portal for us before our wedding, so we were able to add all our favorite songs (and least favorite!). He took the time with us to go over everything, from the vibe of the night we wanted, what announcements, entrances, etc he would need to make, what songs we wanted, etc and did everything flawlessly! He also provided music for our cocktail hour and during dinner. He even got on the dance floor at one point to help us with a line dance! Cannot recommend McGee and Carlton enough for a professional, fun, and engaging DJ/Emcee to keep everything running all night- at the last song, people we begging for another!

Sent on 07/11/2019

Hi Lauren,
    It was a pleasure partying with you and Addison. This reception was held at the TPC Clubhouse in Ponte Vedra Beach, FL. We specialize in classy, elegant and FUN wedding receptions!
  • Roderick

Roderick · Married on 04/11/2019

A Party Ain't A Party Without McGee Entertainment

I remember it like it was yesterday. My now Wife and I were making our rounds at the Premier Bridal Expo and we could hardly stay focused on what the other vendors were saying because of the awesome playlist that DJ Dametris had created for the event! It was legit hit after hit after hit and even the other attendees had stopped to gather around the booth for a mini dance break, talk about crowd control haha! My Wife and I LOVE to dance so having a great DJ was of the upmost importance to us. As previously mentioned we chose DJ Dametris as our DJ, whose fun-loving and energetic personality captivated us. Aside from our food haha, DJ Dametris was what we were the most excited about and looking forward to on our day. We consistently bragged to family and friends about how great our DJ was going to be leading up to wedding! Carlton and Dametris were both professional, helpful, and accommodating throughout the entire process. Thankfully my wife suggested we utilize Mcgee Entertainment for our ceremony as well, in which Dametris did a phenomenal job hitting all of the music cues to help produce the perfect ceremony. A pertinent example of McGee Ent. being accommodating was, in addition to the reception, DJ Dametris provided an outside setup of equipment so that we'd have music during our cocktail hour. I heard afterwards from a family member that he popped over before the ceremony to do this and had the music already playing for our guest once they arrived! DJ Dametris did an exceptional job reading the room and keeping the dance floor occupied but I would be remiss not acknowledge the remarkable job he did as an MC as well. Everything truly flowed for us during the reception and that wouldn't have happened without him. Dametris and McGee Entertainment definitely lived up to the hype. Dametris was truly able take the abundance of the love and energy in the room, fine tune it, and use it to create an everlasting experience. We are forever grateful for Mcgee Entertainment being apart of our entire day, from start to finish (ceremony to reception), we wouldn't have wanted it any other way.

Sent on 04/16/2019

Hello Roderick,
    Thank you for posting the review of DJ Dametris' services at your wedding ceremony and reception. He is definitely one of the top up and coming Wedding DJ/Emcees in Northeast Florida!

Julia Morgan · Married on 03/09/2019

Wedding DJ

We had Carlton for our DJ, and he was amazing! So many of our guests stayed dancing and complimented him!

Sent on 03/22/2019

Hi Julia,
    Thank you for posting this review! It was a pleasure working with you and your family. This wedding reception was held at The Treasury in St. Augustine, FL.

Ashley · Married on 03/08/2019

Cool Guy and Awesome DJ!

My Day-of-Coordinator recommended McGee Entertainment and gave glowing reviews. She was so right! My husband and I carefully curated a playlist of music that was special to us and our friends and family. We worked with Carlton, who was happy to take our playlist and include each song at our wedding! He listened and made suggestions where he thought were necessary regarding timing and we appreciated each of them. He also was right on with reading the crowd and incorporating other related music that gave the night a great vibe. It also happened to be his birthday and he worked so hard to keep the the flow throughout the entire event--so we had to stop, thank him, and sing him happy birthday! I highly recommend Carlton for your wedding or next event.

Sent on 03/21/2019

Hi Ashley,
    Thanks for posting this review of my services. What a fun reception! Thanks for singing "Happy Birthday" to me! That was a funny surprise.
  • Melissa

Melissa · Married on 03/02/2019

Kept the dance floor alive!

Carlton and Milton were awesome to work with and super nice! We had Milton as our DJ and he did a wonderful job MC'ing and with the selection of music. McGee has an awesome webpage where you provide them with all your wedding information and you can pick all of your songs on it, kind of like an iTunes. Milton did an awesome job of blending what we selected and what kept guests dancing. I would recommend them to anyone getting married in the Jacksonville area!

Sent on 03/15/2019

Hi Melissa,
    Thank you for posting the review for DJ Milton. The wedding reception was held at the Marriott Sawgrass in Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida!
  • F

Frances · Married on 02/23/2019

Saved the Day

Carlton was absolutely one of the best vendors we worked with and we had a stellar team. It thunderstormed minutes before our outdoor ceremony, and the string musicians suddenly could no longer play. He completely saved the day by jumping in and playing gorgeous ceremony music on the spot without hesitation.

And, even days after the wedding we had so many people comment on how great the reception music was.

He really worked with me to weave in our favorite songs and then took them and ran to create the perfect mix. He was also excellent at reading the crowd and kept the party dancing all night.

Thank you so much for the perfect evening.

Sent on 02/28/2019

Hi Frances,
    Thank you for posting this awesome review. It was a pleasure working with you and your family.

Nicholas · Married on 01/28/2019

Music that makes you never leave the dance floor!

What a fantastic DJ Milton is! He was great and informative during the planning process and met with us a month before to walk through the ceremony and timeline. He was prepared for a back up plan for an indoor ceremony at the White Room in St. Augustine in case our Rooftop/Loft wedding got rained out which luckily it didn’t! He had a great setup for music that sounded great with some dance floor lightning! He kept things moving and on time with the help of the reception staff. Everything went extremely smooth. They have a great website that makes music selection for the ceremony and reception seamless! Can’t express how awesome Milton and McGee Entertainment was! Would hire for any wedding or event! This review and others speak for themselves about their services and expertise.

Sent on 01/30/2019

Hello Nicholas,
    Thank you for posting this review of DJ Milton's services! Milton is one of the top wedding DJ/Emcees in Northeast Florida!
  • Kayla

Kayla · Married on 01/25/2019

Such a fun wedding !

My husband and I got married at chandler oaks barn in st Augustine on 1/25/19. Mcgee entertainment was our DJ and they were INCREDIBLE!! They are so easy to work with, easy to get a hold of, very respectful and so much fun. The music was spot on and everything was as promised by them. Our dance floor was full all night and our guest count was only 55. Everyone said they loved our music. I highly recommend them!

Sent on 02/04/2019

Hi Kayla,
    Thank you for posting this awesome review for DJ Milton! He is by far one of the best wedding DJ/Emcees in Northeast Florida.

Anna Zelaya · Married on 12/29/2018

Outstanding DJ

They were very friendly and professional, and kept everyone dancing! Milton was our DJ and he was awesome, everything was very thorough and planned out so everything went smoothly. They also came with lights at a VERY fair price. Highly recommend!

Sent on 04/24/2019

Hello Anna,
    Thank you for posting this review for DJ Milton. This reception was held at Oakleaf Plantation in Orange Park, FL.

Taffee · Married on 11/10/2018

So easy to work with!

Dametrius helped give us the wedding g of our dreams! Everyone loved him ❤️

Sent on 02/25/2019

Hi Taffee,
    Thank you for posting this review for DJ Dametris. He's one of the top young DJ/Emcees in Northeast Florida!