13 Reviews for McDaniel-Tichenor House

Parking (4)
Event Planning (2)
Event Rentals (2)
Wheelchair Access (1)

Connie, the house director, was super easy to work with! She provided tons of photos of previous weddings held at the McDaniel Tichenor House, which helped us put together our "vision" and plan for the big day. The staff at the McDaniel Tichenor House was really accommodating and worked well with all our vendors. We were able to have both our rehearsal dinner and our reception at the house and would definitely recommend that to other brides and grooms. (Our ceremony was in our church just down the street) There is plenty of space for everyone to spread out inside and the grounds outside are gorgeous. We were thrilled with the way our wedding day turned out and would recommend anyone looking at the McDaniel Tichenor House for their wedding to go with them. You'll be so happy you did!

Profile Picture Shelly, 6/11/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Parking, Wheelchair Access, Bridal Suite, Event Planning, Event Rentals

You have the option to purchase the package or you have the flexibility of doing some of it yourself. The staff are wonderful to work with and do what they can to accommodate your needs and wishes!

Profile Picture User6832699, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Event Rentals, Parking

We are so grateful to the excellent staff at the McDaniel-Tichenor House. Every member of the staff was so hospitable that they made this historic house feel like a home. Working seamlessly with our wedding coordinator and vendors, the expert staff enabled me (the mother of the bride) to truly enjoy what could have been a very stressful weekend.
The house and the grounds were the perfect backdrop for my daughter and son-in-law's (Noel Byers Carter and Caleb Carter) wedding on April 2, 2016. Everything was in full bloom, and it was magnificent! Although everything is very elegant, it is also very relaxed and peaceful. Many of our guests loved taking a break from the festivities to tour this wonderfully preserved and restored historic home.
This landmark and its staff are truly one of Georgia's treasures.

Profile Picture Donna, 4/2/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Bridal Suite

Working with McDaniel-Tichenor House was such a delight. The venue was well maintained and beautifully serviced, both inside the house and the surrounding property. They communicated clearly what was provided and what the limitations were. The staff was so helpful and always accommodating. I would highly recommend the McDaniel-Tichenor House to anyone needing a place for an event.

Profile Picture User6696217, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Bridal Suite, Parking

There is no way that my fiancé and I would have been able to pull off the wedding of our dreams without the help of the team at the McDaniel-Tichenor House. From the very first meeting, Connie, the director of the house, is engaging and wants to know all of your ideas and vision for your wedding day. They are there to make all of your ideas come to life. They have put together a wedding package to help you with your linens, rentals, wedding coordination, and rehearsal. There is no way for anything to get missed, because their entire team is helping you to plan your wedding.

Located off a quiet side road in downtown Monroe, GA, you are within 20 minutes of Athens one way, and Loganville the other. Easily located by guest and plenty of parking.

The house is BEAUTIFUL! It is the perfect backdrop for a wedding and needs little done to decorate. You have access to the entire house with gorgeous rooms to get ready in with plenty of mirrors for the girls. The guys have a great room to get dressed in and hang out before wedding festivities begin.

The grounds of the house create beautiful scenery for your wedding photos. There are the options of the front of the house with the gorgeous columns, the beautiful back yard surrounded by tall hedges, or the woods in the back with huge trees to shade you. On top of all of the gorgeous outside photos that are possible, you also have the inside of the house with its historic atmosphere.

Needless to say, I was beyond pleased with the entire planning process as well as the staff of the McDaniel-Tichenor House and will always be grateful for all of their help!

Profile Picture Jenna, 9/19/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Bridal Suite, Event Planning, Parking

Connie and Sam were both very helpful and quick to respond to all of my questions. I am definitely an OCD planner, so they were always there to answer my what it's and work with me on,back up plans for rain and worst case scenario. I couldn't have dreamed for a better venue for the most important day of my life.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Melissa, 4/11/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Connie New and All the Staff went above and beyond all my expectations to help make my Daughters Wedding Day Perfect !!!! They were so helpful and accommodating. I have and will continue to praise McDaniel - Tichenor House. I have refereed them to all my friends and family, and even to people I don't know. Whether you are looking for a place to hold a Wedding, Bridal Shower, Baby Shower or any kind of Special Function. McDaniel-Tichenor House will be able to accommodate all your needs. :-)

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 10/13/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

A beautiful place for a wedding. Planning on having a baby shower there in a few years.

Profile Picture Judy, 9/29/12, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our ceremony and reception this past June and we LOVED the venue! For a bride on a budget, this is a very classy, beautiful choice. We had about 250 guests and we probably could have fit 275-300 in the bricked off courtyard area. One side has an elevated platform, perfect for the ceremony. Our only criticism is that, when you choose to have your ceremony in that area, you must walk through grass and some dirt to get to the back of the area to walk down the aisle. Otherwise, a perfect place for a ceremony. We had the reception in the backyard very close to the ceremony area. We used the inside of the house for food and cake and drinks under the carport area. The house flowed very well and we had no problems with lines. Our wedding guests still talk about how beautiful the house and grounds were. The staff is great to work with--they listen to your needs and provide ample time and liberty to decorate as you like. Great choice that made our "big day" very special.

Profile Picture Brittany, 6/6/09, 5 Reviews