McCall Golf & Country Club Reviews

41 Reviews for McCall Golf & Country Club

• Bill

Bill Cozza · Married on 10/13/2018

The perfect place

McCall turned out to be the perfect venue for our wedding in October. It’s old-school charm sold us. The place is beautiful and it’s grounds are gorgeous and well-maintained. It’s got a fancy feeling, but not an over-the-top, “in-your-face” feeling. And that makes it ideal for a decent sized, but not huge wedding. They have many options of where they can do a ceremony, inside or out, so you don’t need to worry about weather or placement. The dining room where the reception was held sold us. The chandeliers, being surrounded by windows, just all of it gives off the perfect wedding vibe. Since it is a country club, it has lounges, both men’s and women’s, so the wedding party can get ready at the venue itself- and the lounges are on different floors, so the bride and groom don’t ever need to worry about seeing each other. We worked with Bill Shields, who from day one was the most helpful person we met with during the planning process. He handled and owned every aspect of the wedding, from ceremony to reception. He helped us really figure out what we were doing, especially with us going into the entire process not knowing what we doing. Bill gave us a timeline of when we’d want to meet again, when we’d want to get certain things planned, and gave us a perfect idea of what the day itself would turn out like. He worked with us on pricing, working with our budget. And considering this place was reasonably priced for an event like a wedding in the first place, Bill was more accommodating than we’d have expected from anyone. He really listened to us and understood what we were looking for, and he made it happen flawlessly. He was helpful in decorating, he was helpful in suggesting food, he was helpful in planning the entire event. The ceremony itself turned out beautiful, with the natural background of the golf course. Their gazebo was a beautiful place to have it, and made for great photos. The reception space ended up looking gorgeous, and roomier than you might originally think. The food, well our guests were raving about the food. We were only able to eat our main course, as always seems to happen, and that course was absolutely delicious. The staff working the event were courteous and helpful. They were having fun themselves, we could tell. They weren’t shy about interacting with us, which we appreciated. They had a full, top-shelf bar stocked, and Bill even ordered a case of Guinness, which they weren’t serving, specifically for the groom (his favorite beer). From the very beginning, the folks at McCall, especially Bill, were the best we could have asked for. When you go into a wedding, you don’t expect anyone to be as helpful as they were. McCall really turned out to be perfect for us. We will recommend the venue and the staff to anyone we know in the future. Words cannot describe how happy we turned out. They are top-notch people, and they’ll make your wedding day perfect and as stress-free as they possibly can.

Sent on 01/17/2019

Dana · Married on 06/16/2018

We had my daughter's Communion Party here and it was beautiful! We could not believe the affordability of their packages! The food did not disappoint and the room was beautiful with natural light coming in from windows overlooking the golf course. Their Banquet Manager, Theresa, was especially wonderful. She was so easy to work with. She made us feel like our party was important to her and supported every little detail.

Sent on 11/18/2016

McCall Golf & Country Club's reply:

Thank you for such a lovely review. We are honored that you chose McCall's to share in your Daughter's special day. We look forward to working with you again!

Christine · Married on 10/08/2016

We just had our wedding at McCall Golf & Country Club this past Saturday, October 8, 2016. We can not stop talking about how wonderful everything was! Everyone was so helpful and they became like family by the end of the whole process. All of the staff at McCall's was amazing and accommodating! We had rain that day and Theresa and the staff set-up both the outside venue and indoor Fireplace room in preparation, in case it stopped raining. Having everything in one area was very convenient. The guests at my wedding have nothing but positive reviews from the beauty of the Fireplace room, outdoor area, and ballroom, to the food and staff. We can't recommend McCall's enough. If you are looking to work with a group of highly dedicated, professional, and welcoming individuals, get married at McCall Golf & Country Club!

Sent on 10/12/2016

McCall Golf & Country Club's reply:

Thank you for the glowing review about our services and venue on your wedding day! Christine and Brian you truly were the perfect couple to work with! You had the best attitude during the whole planning process! Your family and friends also were extremely accommodating. This made our jobs much easier! Thank you again for allowing McCall Golf & Country Club to be part of your wedding day!

Maisha · Married on 09/03/2016

My husband and I just had our wedding ceremony and reception at McCall this past Labor Day weekend and I must say this Venue and team is Unbelievably Hardworking, Dedicated and Professional! Bob, Bill, Theresa and not to mention the waitresses/ waitors/ cooks/ bar tenders, you name it.. Our entire night was filled with compliments from our guest stating how amazed they were with the venue and staff. If you want a "One Stop Stop" Smooth Sailing, Headache free wedding ~McCall is the place to go! I absolutely adore the team and cannot say how grateful and appreciative my husband and I are to have lucked up on such an awesome and amazing venue and hard working team. Thanks McCall you guys are the best!!
    The Richardsons??

Sent on 09/16/2016

We held my daughter's Bat Mitzvah party here and it was fabulous! First and foremost is Bob Casler, the manager. He was an absolute pleasure to work with from start to finish. He was willing to work within our budget, making them the best value among the country clubs we looked at. He put me at ease from day one and made sure that everything went smoothly. The food was plentiful and delicious. The staff was wonderful. I can not say enough great things about McCall Golf & Country Club. Have your affair here; you won't be sorry!

Sent on 12/24/2015

lynelle · Married on 08/07/2015

Bob Casler , the general manager was absolutely amazing. He worked with us from the beginning to the end. All of my questions were promptly addressed. His suggestions were helpful. All the other members of the staff were on point too. We went over every detail and he brought some things up I hadn't even thought of. All of my guest were impressed with McCalls Golf and Country Club. A few are now planning to have their parties at this venue. I would highly recommend it!!! Thanks to Bob Casler and staff for making our wedding reception so very memorable!!!

Sent on 08/12/2015

matt · Married on 07/17/2015

My son Nick and his wife amanda had their weding reception at McCall county club in Upper darby. It was an unbelievable place to do so. the venue offered all you could ask for. Starting with the GM Bob, Bill, Theresea and chef Bodek and Bob's entire staff there was nothing that was left undone. The reception area was professionally decorated as was the main dinning and dancing area. there are so many photo opportunity areas throughout the venue, rolling green back drops, a beautiful outside area . It made for some very beautiful photo opps. . The food and appitizers were very good. their staff were very attentive to any and all needs. we could not have asked for anything better. everyone who attened thanked us and said what a great time they had and what a wonderful place. This is truly a hidden gem in Upper darby. so if you are looking for a place for a weeding or any other function. stop by and look into Mccall's county club. You won't be disappointed . Matt. V.

Sent on 07/29/2015

McCall Golf & Country Club's reply:

Thank you Matt for the raving review! We were honored to host your son and daughter in laws wedding!

Jessica · Married on 09/27/2014

Where do I begin?

We booked nearly a year out with Lisa- who was warm, welcoming and amazing.

Lisa took ill and we worked with Bill Shields for the remainder of the process. I do not have the words to describe how amazing Bill is. He was so kind and accommodating every time we were up there. He took such good care of everyone during our rehearsal... and the day of our wedding - I could not imagine being taken care of better. He made me feel like the most important person in the world. We had one minor issue (not McCall's doing at all - more like a conflict of personalities) and Bill handled with dignity and grace. He made sure my husband and I were taken care of, and he really ran the show. This man is a saint AND a miracle worker.

The food was OUT OF THIS WORLD. We received so many compliments on the food! People really loved the scallops wrapped in bacon & the cheese souffle during cocktail hour. The crab cakes were 100% lump crab and the scalloped potatoes were the best I ever had.

I remember being especially well taken care of by a young blonde woman who was working the bar (I'm so sorry I didn't get her name!) and a wonderful waitress named Beverly - kudos to them AND the rest of the staff at McCall.

McCall is worth every (reasonably priced) penny, and I can not recommend them enough. My hat goes off to Bill, the wait staff and the chef!

Sent on 10/14/2014

Words can not express how happy I was with my wedding reception at McCall Golf & Country Club. The entire staff was amaaaaazing. All my guest were so impressed with the quality service provided. Bob, Lisa and Bill went above and beyond to make my husband and I happy. The location is intimate and beautiful; it is the perfect place for brides that are looking for a romantic yet elegant venue at a fare price. The grounds are also well kept and great for pictures. The food is also good, everyone raved about the hors d'oeuvres. I will gladly recommend the Mccall to anyone because they truly are great at what they do and care about their customers. I was a happy bride.

Sent on 08/03/2014
  • Tamara

Tamara · Married on 06/18/2014

I had my wedding and reception at mccalls on Sat June 28 2014, it was flawless the staff was helpful responsive respectful and very accommodating. The food was good and my guests loved the place. Even when I encountered a problem they took care of it asap. THE general manager ROb CAsler was always helpful reassuring and easy to contact with questions or concerns. The grounds are beautiful and when you have a wedding and reception you have the place to yourself one wedding at a time. If I could give more than five stars I would. THANKS FOR A BEAUTIFUL WEDDING DAY.

TAMARA AND BRUCE HANNIBAL

Sent on 07/01/2014

Donna · event on 03/01/2014

Everything was done very well and I was very please. Thank you for everything Lisa Mills

Sent on 03/09/2014

Aimee · Married on 10/19/2013

McCall was great! Everything from the food to the service was perfect! I would definitely recommend this venue.

Sent on 10/27/2013
  • Z

zakia · Married on 10/18/2013

Lisa Mills.did an excellent job. She was very patience and understanding. I will definitely use McCall's again!

Sent on 10/22/2013

I cannot say enough good things about McCall Country Club. Lisa Mills was amazing to work with. She helped me figure out all the details over the course of 9 months and even helped reach out to vendors. She is super organized and pretty much made my whole reception flawless. Bill Shields was in charge of the wait staff & he really knows his stuff! He was able to walk through the event while planning, offered great suggestions - and the day of - went flawlessly. They met with my caterer & were able to accommodate all their needs. I would highly recommend them - so easy to deal with, reasonable costs, helpful, and just an overall delight!

Sent on 09/20/2013

Carolyn · event on 08/24/2013

Lisa Mills and her staff were wonderful! The banquet room was beautiful and the food was delicious. Lisa was extremely accommodating and we will def book another party with her.

Sent on 09/16/2013
  • W

Wendy · Married on 08/11/2013

Mccalls country club was the best choice for our wedding. Not only was it a beautiful location with a gorgeous ballroom with views overlooking the golf course but Lisa was always so helpful in the entire process and was very quick to respond to all my numerous telephone calls and emails. And everybody has told me how wonderful my wedding was and how beautiful the country club is and how delicious the food is. I can't imagine having picked any other location. This was absolutely perfect and honestly I think my guests think we paid even more for this venue than we actually did. It was a fantastic price. I can't say enough good things about mccalls country club and all the help Lisa provided.

Sent on 10/22/2013

Janet · event on 07/07/2013

I would like to express my extreme satisfaction with the service we received during the planning of my Daughter's Bridal Shower all the way up to the actual event on 7/7/2013. Our guest (family and friends) raved to me and my daughters at how much they enjoyed the overall experience at the club. The facilities were beautiful, the staff was exceptional in catering to our needs, and the food was excellent. We could not have asked for a better place to have our event, and would recommend you and the entire staff to anyone looking for a place to host an event. This is not our first experience with receiving service from you and the staff, as we attend every year the Mother's Day Brunch. As usual, the service is outstanding the staff is pleasant and always helpful. My husband, Charles Berger is a long time member of the club and always speaks highly of it, i.e. the food is fantastic, the staff is exceptional, and the overall property, golf course and ballroom are the best.

Thank you again for help making my daughter's Bridal Shower a beautiful and memorable day.

Sent on 07/11/2013

Mischele · event on 06/28/2013

The staff and administration were very accomadating and attentive to our needs. Thank you again for everything.

Sent on 07/10/2013

susan · event on 05/27/2013

Best venue i ever used -- would go back for my next party.

Sent on 07/11/2013
  • User3400423 · event on 05/24/2013

The event was actually a high school sports banquet. The staff was great and the event coordinator went above and beyond to accommodate our needs. The chef came out to introduce himself and make sure we were pleased.
    Our high school wrestling team has moved their event to McCalls partially on the lacrosse team's experience. I'm working on the Cross Country and Track teams now. I recommend McCalls to anyone planning this type of event.

Sent on 07/17/2013

Brianna · Married on 05/10/2013

McCall did an excellent job, we could not have been happier having our wedding here, everything was perfect from the ceremony in the gazebo to the cocktail hour through the reception, Lisa was great in helping us coordinate the entire wedding and she did an amazing job!!! The other staff that night did a fantastic job with serving food and drinks to everyone, especially the bridal party and parents of bride and groom!! The food was outstanding and all of our guests were very pleased. I have nothing negative to say about McCall, you guys are amazing and we cannot thank you enough for making our dream wedding perfect!

Sent on 05/21/2013

Dolores · Married on 11/10/2012

We had a beautiful reception at McCall. The service and food was amazing. Lisa was always very responsive and accommodating from day one. Kudos to Lisa and her staff for making our wedding reception all that we dreamed of. Thanks!!!

Sent on 05/16/2013

Candace · Married on 08/26/2012

Lisa was great and responded to my requests very quickly. We had a wonderful wedding at McCall.

Sent on 09/04/2012

Jeffrey · Married on 08/18/2012

Hi, we are Mr. & Mrs. Maxwell. It is a pleasure to see that our wedding reception colors (orange and pink) and decorations are featured on their site. Our reception was magnificent and endless. Bill was a true professional as well as his staff. Our guests were delighted and happy about the services that they got. People are still talking about it. If we could give more than five stars, we would. Thanks again.

Sent on 10/09/2012
  • User2527724 · event on 07/08/2012

The event space is beautiful! The service is top notch with quick responsiveness and very professional staff. It is a 5 Star value. The food is amazing and everyone is friendly, polite and very helpful. I have had Birthday, Graduation, Christmas and now a Baby Shower with McCall and have been so impressed with the high standards and excellent quality that they show you.

Sent on 07/08/2012