Mayus Cakes Reviews

58 Reviews for Mayus Cakes

Mayus Cakes 1
Mayus Cakes 2

Katherine · Getting married on 02/13/2022

Mayus Cakes delivers talent, perfectionism, and the most delicious memories. Her cakes are one of a kind, invest your trust in her work and you will never be disappointed. I travel an hour long just to pick the cake up and will never look for anyone else's work.

Sent on 11/22/2016

Mayus Cakes's reply:

Thank you so much Katherine for always trusting me for your celebrations!! It's a pleasure serving you!!
  • D'Sashia

D'Sashia · Married on 09/30/2018

Maria outdid herself with our wedding cakes! not only did they look great but they tasted absolutely amazing! Our display cake was red velvet with white chocolate ginoche. It was delicious. we also had a vanilla rum cake with chocolate ginoche, that was exquisite! The cakes were super moist and complimented or dinner very well. Thank you so much Maria!!

Sent on 10/07/2018

Mayus Cakes's reply:

It was absolutely a pleasure working with you guys!!! I truly enjoyed making your wedding cake and I’m so happy to hear that you loved it!!! Many blessings in the new life together!!!!

Michael · Married on 06/16/2018

This cake was a show stopper that not only delivered visually but also surprised in flavor and moistness! We would definitely recommend and will order future cakes as needed for celebrations to come!!!

Sent on 06/20/2018
    Mayus Cakes 3
    Mayus Cakes 4

Mayus Cakes's reply:

It was a pleasure working with you guys!
    I’m so happy to hear that everyone enjoyed the cakes!!
    Thank you so much for sharing your experience with the wedding wire community!!
    Many blessings,

Connor · Married on 10/21/2017

Asking Maria to make our wedding cake was one of the best decisions we could have ever made. Working with her was such a joy and she made it so easy for us. From the beginning, she returned emails really fast, picked up phone calls and never left us questioning if we could get a hold of her.
    Maria went above and beyond in making sure that she was going the right direction with what she wanted. She showed us previous cakes she had done to give us an idea of what she could do for us. She sketched ours and gave us advice on a few things that we had no idea what to do!
    The tasting that she provided us with gave us peace of mind that we were getting what flavors we wanted, and of course... the cake tasted AMAZING. We were so excited to get to our actual wedding day because of how much we wanted more of that cake!
    She was also flexible on the flavors of the fillings and made she we were getting exactly what we wanted.
    One of our favorite things about Maria is how passionate she is about her cakes. From personally making the drive to our venue and setting up our cake, to placing the flowers and topper, Maria made sure everything was perfect. And it was.
    The cake itself came out better than we could have imagined, it tased incredible and we could not stop looking over at it and saying “look how beautiful it is!”

Maria from Mayus Cakes is the way to go. Period.

Sent on 11/17/2017

Mayus Cakes's reply:

Thank you so much Connor and Roxana for choosing me as your baker and Cake designer!! It was a real pleasure working with you guys and it means a lot that you shared with other couples your experience in such a special and detail way!!!
    Many blessings for you two!!!
    See you next year when you receive your anniversary Cake!!

Love,

Alex · Married on 06/30/2017

I usually don't like those type of cakes. Because they look good and the taste not quite to par. However with Mayus Cakes not only was the cake beautiful; it tasted awesome. Thank you for making my wife bday a success

Sent on 06/12/2017

Dear Alex!

It was a pleasure making your wife's Birthday Cake. I'm so happy you both like it! Thank you for sharing your experience with Mayu's Cakes!!!

Amanda · Married on 06/24/2017

Mayus Cakes made my boyfriends birthday complete! The communication while designing the cake was easy and stress free. The cake was delivered to a hotel in Miami where we I was having the party which added much convenience to the process. Everyone that saw the cake couldn't help but stop and comment or ask to take a picture. I will definitely use Mayu's Cakes again in the Future!

Sent on 06/28/2017

Mayus Cakes's reply:

Thank you very much Amanda for sharing your experience with others!!!! It was a pleasure working with you and I'm so happy to hear everyone liked it!!! I'll be more than happy to serve you again in the future!!!
    Warmest regards

Torri · Married on 06/10/2017

Maria is wonderful and her work is impressive!! Not only are her cakes amazing and too beautiful to cut; it's rich, moist and tasty! I highly recommend Mayus Cakes and will always use her for my special occasions.

Sent on 06/16/2017

Mayus Cakes's reply:

Thank you Torri for always trusting me to make the cakes for your special celebrations!! It is a pleasure working with you and I'm so glad you liked it!!! Thanks for sharing your experience!!!

Lina · Married on 05/13/2017

Maria captured exactly what I wanted. The Cake was so beautiful. We had a 2 tier cake and the flavors were amazing. All my guests complemented the cake. I will use Mayus Cakes for all my special occasions. Delivery was on time.

Sent on 05/15/2017

Dear Lina,
    It was a real pleasure making your daughter's first Communion cake. I am so happy everything was according to what you expected and knowing that everyone enjoyed it and complemented you for the cake, it's the best reward to my work!!!
    Thank you for taking the time to review my work and service!!
    Many blessings,

Maria Malkun

Andrew · Married on 03/04/2017

My husband and i were so happy with our decision to have Mayus Cakes make our wedding cake. The owner Maria is amazing to work with and is extremely talented. On the wedding day we had so many complinents on the taste and appearance of our cake. By far the best cake i have ever had and will absolutely get a Mayus cake for any future events.

Sent on 04/05/2017

Mayus Cakes's reply:

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with other couples!! It was a pleasure working with you guys and so glad to hear everyone loved the cake!!
    See you next year to give you your free Anniversary Cake to celebrate your first year of happiness together!!

S · Married on 02/04/2017

AMAZING!!! 5 stars isn't enough. Customer service impeccable! Communication exceptional! The quality of the detail was superb! The texture of the fondant and taste were great! The cake was a vanilla bean cake with white chocolate ganache filling. Wonderful flavor combination! The care and hard work which Maria did just flowed through. Tear came to the happy parents eyes. Thank you Maria for everything; your dedication to your craft, I have not seen around! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I was really surprised by Mayu. I got to her office with a thousand ideas, but I was no 100% sure of what I wanted. She was very patience and help me to figure out what was that I really wanted. She made a promises and she delivered. Excellent taste, excellen decoration, excellent delivery! She make a different a in my wedding! I love her and I will always recommended. Now I am planning to order my first baby cake!

Vanessa · Married on 11/26/2016

Mayu's Cakes are absolutely INCREDIBLE! I asked her to make a cake for my 30th birthday. As a cake baker myself, I am picky about my cakes, but her cakes are gorgeous and tasty. Guests were raving and I savored every bite- incredibly moist, vibrant flavors...even the fondant (which I usually prefer not to eat) was delicious. If you can get one of her cakes, you will not soon be disappointed.

Sent on 11/26/2016

Mayus Cakes's reply:

Thank you so much Vanessa for sharing your experience with the Wedding Wire community!! It means a lot to me! It was a real pleasure being able to make your Birthday cake! I''m so happy you liked it not only the look but the taste as well!!! Happy 30th Birthday!!!!

a · Married on 11/01/2016

Thank you so so much- everyone absolutely loved it- especially roman!!
    We had some left over from the party and everyone has been eating it during the day at home because its so delicious!
    We were very pleased with your work!

Cori · Married on 04/08/2016

Our wedding cake was beautiful and delicious. It was exactly what we wanted and Mayu was a pleasure to work with. We'll definitely recommend her and use her for other occasions!

Sheryl · Married on 05/30/2015

From start to finish was a great experience !!! Would highly recommend !!! Everyone at the bridal shower raved about the cake and the cupcakes !!!

Sent on 06/26/2017

Mayus Cakes's reply:

Thank you Sheryl!!! It was a pleasure working with you!!! So happy to hear everyone like it!!!

We would like to HIGHLY RECOMMEND Mayus Cakes for any events that requires cake. We got our wedding cake from Maria and got numerous compliments about how great it was.

Natalia · Married on 12/29/2014

la busqueda de un buen cake que no fuera increiblemente costoso fue dificil. Pero cuando encontramos a mayus cakes ns dimos cuenta que no es impossible. Nuestro pastel fue de cinco pizos, en foundad y fie lleno de flores por que nos gusta las flores. Era hermoso por fuera y delicioso por dentro. Escogimos 2 typos de pasteles y ella logro hacer combinaciones que fueron deliciosas. Unos pizos fueron echos de la tipica torta de novia colombiana (ummM) no la habia probado antes pero me encanto. los otros pizos fueron de pastel blancocon ron y un poco de arequipe. No hay palabras para decirle que ese pastel estava delicioso. No lo pienzen mas y llamen a Mayus Cakes

We searched very hard for a vendor that would make a beautiful and delicious cake. In the end we chose Maria because she had exquisite samples, a diverse portfolio, and a competitive price. We were looking for a baker that could make a traditional Colombian Torta Negra (black cake), and she nailed it. We usually don’t care for fondant but hers was exquisite. She personally performs the cake decoration and it was stunning. The cake was decorated beautifully with fresh flowers. We are still getting rave reviews about our wedding cake. We would hire her again in a flash.

OMG...The best cake ever!!! Let me see where I can start describing the awesomeness of this cake ....

The flavor is just UNBELIEVABLE!!!
    The texture and moistness of the cake is simply PERFECT!!!
    The detail and dedication given to the decoration of the cake is absolutely IMPRESSIVE!!!
    Mayu has just such a sophisticated taste ... She is simply an ARTIST... Magnifique!!!
    Great attention to detail... Fantastic service... She really understood what I wanted and completely nailed it!!!

Could have not asked for anything more on such a special day... This cake was the perfect ending to the most special day...

Thank you soooooo much Mayu's Cakes!!!! We looooooooooove u!!!!!!

Maria · Married on 04/05/2014

Working with Maria was a pleasure!! She made the whole process very simple with a beautiful ending!!
    Our cake was beautiful and delicious. Everyone was very happy!

• User3202613 · event on: 04/14/2013

The cake was adorable and the decoration was perfect and colorful, just as we dreamed it!
    The cake itself tasted amazing, the chocolate cake with the ganache filling was the perfect combination and everybody loved it so much. The cake was the highlight of the birthday party.

• User3202613 · 2+ years ago

The whole experience of planning my cake with Maria from Mayus Cakes was a total pleasure. The attention to detail, the beauty of her work and the taste of the cake was "perfection".

I want to thank Mayus Cakes for making that special day even more special because everybody was complimenting the beautiful and delicious cake which was a center of attention at the reception.

I recommend it 100%.

Jennifer · Married on 11/23/2013

Maria Eugenia is one of the most talented women I have ever met! Not only does she create cakes that are so amazing and jaw dropping that you really wonder if they are real or not! And yes, they are all completely edible and how delicious they are. She went out of her way to find a specific spice cake recipe I fell in love with from a baker in Oxford and worked to duplicate the flavor for us. It came out even better! Our wedding cake was beautiful and absolutely delicious and the groom's cake was the. best. groom's. cake. ever! I gave her a challenge and she surpassed all my expectations. Thank you!

Ana · Married on 11/10/2013

My guests are still raving about the cake at my wedding. It was absolutely beautiful, elegant, and flawless! Maria did a wonderful job and executed my vision better than I could've imagined. Her work is meticulously perfect. Not only was the cake delicious, it looked spectacular. I highly recommend her cakes for any occasion.

Mayu was one of the best choices we made for our wedding! The day we did our cake tasting we were pleased with her service. From the taste of the three choices to her sweet personality, we felt "safe" trusting her handle our wedding cake. Her cakes are so moist and filling are sweet to perfection. She is a great baker who only believes in fresh cakes! She has an awesome guarantee of your cake always being fresh that on your one year anniversary she will bake you a fresh tier 1 cake for FREE! How incredible is that? My family was blown away with how fresh and delicious our cake was.