Maya Palace Reviews

Maya Palace 5
Maya Palace 6
Maya Palace 7

Annette · Married on 06/28/2008

I bought a Maggie Sottero gown and it was the third dress I tried on. Thank you to Sandra Luz and for all her hard work in not only making sure I had "the" dress but all the accessories needed that I wouldn't have remembered. While it was touch and go at the beginning (they misplaced my beautiful mantilla lace veil), Sandra Luz stepped in and personally handled my order from beginning to end.

Sent on 07/02/2008

Candace · Married on 07/09/2005

3.5

I bought my wedding dress here. It was a beautiful dress that I found in a catalog they had but not in the store. They had it priced at $485 and I thought I got a real bargain. They said it would be 6 weeks to get it in so I was cutting it close to get it fitted since I hadnt even tried it on. It arrived in 3 1/2 weeks. When it did I saw the price was actually $1485. I had already paid the $485. The lady told me that they had realized the price was wrong but no worries the dress was mine. I didnt have to pay the higher price. I was amazed! It fit perfectly and they helped with everything. A few years later it was stolen. They even helped us try to find another one just like it. They were amazing!

Sent on 05/06/2014
  • Yolanda & Alex

Yolanda · Married on 04/15/2016

Bought my Maggie Sottero gown from here. I went in for a specific dress and after trying it on, the consultant brought in another dress that she thought I would like. It was stunning and I ended up choosing her dress! It was the same price as the first dress, which was affordable and under my budget. The area to try gowns on was spacious with plenty of mirrors and space. I had 6 girls with me and they all sat comfortably! The owner was extremely sweet and you can tell she genuinely loves what she does, she looks just as happy as I do in all the photos my family took!

Sent on 01/29/2016

3.5

After I purchased my dress, I felt like they did not truly value me as a customer. I was often left waiting while others were helped before me even though I had arrived first. My dress was beautiful, despite the level of service provided.

Sent on 05/04/2014

Maya Palace's reply:

Sorry for any inconvenience. We had our busiest Spring ever and tried to get to everyone, but must have been stretched by volume of shoppers. We do try to help everyone as best we can. Maya Palace
  • User2043468 · 2+ years ago

3.5

Maya Palace is definitely a one stop wedding dress haven. I fell in love with several dresses there and most of them were very reasonable. Liz is an absolute sweetheart from her professionalism to her suggestions to her following up with you is so helpful. One minor complaint is lack of responsiveness with call backs and organization with receipts and keeping record of payments. Aside from that, Maya Palace and it's current staff is fabulous!

Sent on 11/25/2012
  • Jenn

Jennifer · Married on 07/17/2010

3.0

Maya Palace in Tucson is where I purchased my Maggie Sottero dress back in August 2009. The dress came in 2 months early (though I think that's all up to Maggie, not Maya), so I picked up the dress until it was time for my fittings.

I also got my dress fitted at Maya Palace by their seamstress, Helen. Helen is fun to work with, but we hit a couple of minor misunderstandings along the way, so I am dropping the quality of service a little bit.

All in all, everything worked out, and the dress was beautiful for the big day!

Sent on 08/16/2010
  • Mrs.Hawks

Victoria · Married on 10/15/2016

3.0

I stumbled upon Maya Palace while looking for a specific dress I found at a different salon. Their price was significantly lower then the other shop's and they were way more informative about my options for the specific dress I wanted. They were very professional when I went in for fittings. The only complaints I have are that they don't do anything electronically, they keep pieces of paper with all the payments you've made and fittings you've had. Every appointment I had to bring in my own records because one time they would tell me I owed X amount when really I had already payed for it. They also said they didn't have my phone number so they couldn't call to reschedule an appointment even though they had called me (left a message with my first name and wedding date) two days prior to ask if I was "'still interested in buying a wedding gown". I actually had a lot of these phone calls asking if I was still interested in a dress (even after I had already purchased one) or a call telling me I had a balance left even when I didn't. That is my only complaint, is I wish they kept better records of things. Other than that they worked amazingly when I was there and always made sure everything was exactly how I wanted it. They had a nice selection of dresses and even some designers that no other shop has. All in all I was very pleased with their service.

Sent on 10/22/2016
  • User3881993 · 2+ years ago

I got my Mother of the Bride's dress here---a great assortment of fancy gowns that did not look like "grandma dresses"!!!! Needed it be altered and was quoted a price, but then when I came to pick up they started to charge me more until I complained, and they did honor the first quoted price. My daughter did not get her dress here, but they have a beautiful assortment of wedding dresses!

Sent on 09/29/2014

Rachel · Married on 10/29/2010

3.8
      3.5

After months of searching for the right dress, I ended up back at Maya Palace. They are the only shop I visited where you are not allowed to take photos, which I did not like. The prices are very high too, but they have a fair amount of "discounted" dresses (which, of course, I didn't get a chance to fully check out because the sales consultant immediately put me into the more expensive gowns). I asked about those dresses while I was in the changing room and she brought back a couple of them, saying that the rest of them were not my "type." Anyhow, I ended up finding my dress here and was very happy with it, in the end.
    As mentioned in my A Tailor, Tuxedo & Bridal review, I ran into problems with sizing. The sample dress I tried on was a size 14 and it was very difficult to get an idea what it would look like in my true size because I was all clipped in. I was measured at a size 10, which sounded about right and I made sure to check my measurements against the size chart. More on that later... Then, my FMIL insisted on purchasing the dress for me and was talked into paying a rush fee for it. I tried to dissuade her because earlier in the day, the sales consultant had told me I didn't have to pay the rush fee, but to no avail. They saw my FMIL ready to pay with check in hand and before you could bat an eyelash, they had convinced her to pay the extra fee. Nevermind that without the rush fee, the dress would have arrived in plenty of time, it actually arrived in August, almost 2 months before the wedding! Bridal shops always create a sense of urgency, when, in fact, I've heard plenty of stories of dresses arriving much quicker than promised. In addition, I was worried that the dress designer would make a lesser quality dress for me due to the rush and indeed, there seemed to be a problem with the side seam on the right side of the dress. It was too far forward, so it was noticeable from the front. I was told that nothing could be done about it.
    Oh, but the biggest problem was that when my dress came in, it was too big! Hmmm, sound familiar to you...? I knew something was wrong when the alterations lady asked me who ordered the dress for me. I finally got her to explain that when she tried to lace up my corset-back dress, there was no space at all between the two sides, meaning the dress was way too big. She was going to have to take in about 2 inches (on each side, I think) just to have some space so the lacing would show. Turns out, I was a size 8, not a 10. Great, time for those costly alterations...
    In the end, after 4 fittings, the dress was ready. Between my best friend (one of my BMs), the sales consultant (Mary) and myself, we had come up with a design for a bustle that I actually liked. It meant having snaps on the outside of the dress, which I wasn't crazy about, but we disguised them with some added bling. I liked the final result, but it didn't hold up at all during the wedding. My dress still had a small "tail" that stood out from the back and as soon as someone stepped on it, the bustle tore. I didn't realize it had all come undone until my groom told me to pick up the back of my dress. I looked back and the entire train was dragging behind me! I don't even know if the photographers managed to get photos of the beautiful bustle before it was damaged. My MOH and best friend tried to fix it with safety pins, but as soon as someone else stepped on my dress, it was all over. I don't know if it's because the tie for the bustle was not strong enough or what, but the back of my dress was filthy in no time. I gave up and spent the rest of the night dragging my train behind me. Not what I had expected, but I just wanted to have fun at that point in my wedding and not worry about it anymore.

Sent on 11/18/2010

Daniela Sabrina · Married on 01/04/2014

3.4
      3.0

Maya Palace has a huge variety of dresses, It's impossible not to find the right one!
    Liz was great, she was very helpful and gave me great ideas. thanks liz!

Sent on 01/18/2014

Jen · Married on 02/18/2017

2.5
      2.0
      3.5

Dress selection was absolutely amazing. I LOVED my dress. Unfortunately, they weren't too great with communication/follow thru. I had to call them to find out when things were ready. They even lost my dress 3 days before my wedding. It took them over 45 minutes to find it. Dress was beautiful, but service definitely wasn't the best.

Sent on 02/27/2017

Tera · Married on 05/03/2014

2.2
      2.0
      1.0
      1.0

My experience purchasing my wedding dress here was really terrible. It started off about 8 months prior to my wedding. I found one I really liked but knew it was exactly what I wanted. They recommended altering it and quoted me $50 Extra. The lady that I worked with kept saying repeatedly that I probably wouldn't find exactly what I was looking for and what I needed to order it right then otherwise it wouldn't be there in time for my wedding. It came in less than 2 weeks, btw. They said that they would call me when I needed to come in for my first fitting which they never did. I called them and they wouldn't make me an appt til the end of March (a month out from my wedding). I told them that made me nervous but they insisted that was plenty of time. I came in for my first fitting and they only measured for the length. They said it would take a couple weeks and then I could come back for the second fitting. I called back two weeks later and they scheduled me an appointment for the following week and said "we'll do our best" when I expressed my concern about the dress being ready in time for my wedding in two weeks. I came in for the appointment and saw that they hadn't touched the dress! She did the whole fitting over again and said the dress would be ready next Thursday (two days before the wedding). I came in on Thursday and the dress was done thankfully but didn't fit very well so they spent another couple hours altering it. I came back and tried it on again and it seemed to be better but didn't have time for them to mess with it anymore. When I was checking out they told me my total was around $150. I eventually talked her down to $100 because of all my frustrations and left. Also, turns out it seemed to fit in the store but the day of the wedding the straps kept falling down the whole night.

Sent on 04/28/2015