Maya Palace Reviews

Maya Palace 5
Maya Palace 6
Maya Palace 7

Lindsay · Married on 09/28/2013

I found my dress at Maya Palace, and had a wonderful experience dong business with them. Liz is a fantastic bridal consultant, and made the experience so much fun! I went there just to play, and had planned a trip to Scottsdale to go shopping 'for real'. I never knew how many gorgeous dresses they have at Maya Palace! I found a beautiful Sottero & Midgely on my first shopping trip. Liz helped me pair it with the perfect veil, and the seamstress, Helen, did an excellent job of taking the dress in (a lot). It fit like a glove and I got so many compliments. Liz also found a dress for my mom, and very stylish grandma and aunt from out of town. I will never go to anyone else for a special occassion dress again!

Sent on 10/16/2013

Everyone there is amazing!!! Liz was fantastic!!!! Liz put me in a dress I would never have gone for and it turned out to be the one! She definitely knew what would look good and she made the dress buying experience fun! Everyone makes you feel like a princess every time!!! Highly recommend ..... Very professional and helpful!!

Sent on 09/29/2013

I highly recommend Liz at Maya Palace in Tucson if you are looking for someone attentive, professional and fun. She has a great eye for your own personal style and I had a great experience.

Sent on 11/28/2012

I purchased my wedding dress at Maya Palace for my wedding that was in Tucson in July, 2013. Since this was the single most important dress and the most expensive dress that I will ever purchase, I decided to go to every bridal store in Tucson and try on a variety of dresses to figure out what style I liked best and make sure I was getting the best deal. I found a dress at another bridal store that was a Maggie Sottero but the store would not give me a model number or let me take a picture of the dress. When I told this to the bridal consultant, Lizzy, at Maya Palace she decided to take a trip over the the other competitor store and check out the dress for me on her day off. She explained to the other store that she was a friend of mine and wanted to check out the dress that they had saved under my name. Later Lizzy called me back and informed me that she got in touch Maggie Sottero and the competitor store has not been licensed to sell maggie dresses in years.
    The level of dedication and care for brides is what made me realize I was going to to purchase my dress at Maya Palace. As a bride, I wanted to have the level of security and peace of mind to know that my dress was going to be ordered correctly and would fit perfectly. Maya Palace definitely gave me peace of mind in regards to my dress.
    I was in the store frequently prior to my wedding and got to know the associates by name. I was always greeted with a warm smile and a hug from the amazing ladies at Maya Palace.
    I would also recommend using their seamstress, Helen, that they have on site. I ended up losing a lot of after my first set of alterations and had to get my dress altered a second time prior to my wedding. My dress fit perfectly and looked like it was made for my body. I would highly recommend Maya Palace to all future brides!

Sent on 10/23/2013

I cannot say enough nice things about the entire staff at Maya's Palace. After trying 4 or 5 other places Maya's was recommended to me by a friend and I am so glad I took her advice. My dress consultant gave 100% of her attention on me and found the perfect dresses (so perfect it was hard to choose which one to take).

Alterations were perfect and reasonably priced. I was working with a short deadline and they were so friendly and eased my mind that everything would be done in time, and it was.

Everyone is so nice and friendly, they remembered me when I would go back into the store. There dressed are priced higher than some of the other places I went to but their quality is outstanding. I had so many complements on the dress and referred a lot of my newly engaged friends to Maya's.

Sent on 06/11/2013

Great boutique, I went with an evening gown by Sue Wong. Great price on alterations that were done quickly and correctly. Staff was very helpful and did not bat an eye when I said I wanted a non-traditional wedding dress. My mother got her dress there as well back in 2000. Very friendly staff and owners.

Sent on 07/03/2013

Jessenia · Married on 01/08/2012

I went to Maya Palace just expecting to try things on and get an idea of what I wanted. I bought the first dress i tried on because Lizi helped me find the EXACT dress I wanted and it was completely affordable. She was so wonderful and I really hope to recommend other brides to this wonderful woman. She truly knows what she is doing.

Sent on 01/15/2012

Antigone · Married on 12/10/2011

I had an amazing experience at Maya Palace! They helped me to find the perfect wedding dress! I loved working with Liz and Mary at the east side location! Thanks Ladies.

Sent on 12/30/2011

Kristin · Married on 03/12/2011

Mary is phenomenal! She was one of the best parts of planning a wedding. She was so helpful and understanding. I had the perfect dress and every time I put it on I felt beautiful and ready to walk down the aisle.

Sent on 04/06/2011

Jessica · Married on 06/06/2009

Fabulous!!! Do not buy your dress until you go here and look!!!! I almost bought my dress from David's Bridal and I'm so glad I decided to stop here. The first dress I put on was it, without a doubt. I was on a very strict budget and didn't think I would easily find a dress. The one I found at Maya was Maggie Soterro and only $100 more than the cheap dress I found at David's Bridal, it was a steal!!! They also managed to find me the 12 ft. mantilla veil I wanted for $300!!! It was beautiful! Every veil I found that size with lace edging was over $1000 so when they found it for that price, I almost died! I sent my other friends here for their wedding dresses, and so far everyone purchased their dresses from Maya also. We all agree you can't find a prettier dress for a better price. The ladies who work there are all so awesome too! Whenever we went in we had so much fun with them!!! It was a wonderful experience buying my dress here.

Sent on 06/16/2009
  • KingsQueen

Wendy · Married on 10/04/2008

My dress is definitely unique. I have not seen my dress anywhere else besides the Alfred Angelou advertizings. I purchased my dress 6 weeks before my wedding in Tucson, AZ and they were able to alter my dress and have it 2 weeks before my wedding in North Carolina. They also carried the flower girl's dress which looks just like the wedding dress. All my friends and family have complimented me on the dresses. This establishment are true professionals.

Sent on 10/20/2008

Erin · Married on 11/17/2007

The people at Maya Palace are wonderful and VERY helpful. If you want personal attention and MANY dresses to choose from, Maya Palace is the place!

Sent on 06/17/2008

Brittany · Married on 02/24/2018

Maya palace was wonderful when buying my wedding dress! I ended up buying the first dress I tried on there. All of my fittings were great and my dress fit perfectly. The only reason I did not rate 5/5 is because the bra pads were sewn in backwards which I didn’t realize until I got home the day before the wedding. Luckily, my grandma was able to fix it but I did go back to let them know and they just couldn’t believe anyone could have done that. Other than this experience, they were great and I would never have bought my dress or the bridesmaids dresses anywhere else. We bought the bridesmaid’s dress at maya palace but the junior bridesmaids at David’s bridal and there was no comparison as to the services provided at both. Maya palace is ten times better than David’s bridal and I enjoyed our experience with maya palace way more than David’s bridal. I got multiple comments from multiple guests telling me how they thought my dress was the most beautiful wedding dress they’ve ever seen!

Sent on 03/05/2018
    Maya Palace 8
    Maya Palace 9
    Maya Palace 10
    Maya Palace 11

Dori · Married on 10/24/2015

I had a wonderful experience at Maya Palace! Their Casa Adobes location was my first (and last stop) for my dream wedding dress. I worked with Rebecca, the assistant manager who was lovely. After listening to what I wanted and looking at a couple pictures I provided, she pulled the most beautiful dresses for me to try on. I found "the one", but returned two days later after ruminating on the purchase and putting the dress on hold. I met this time with Margarita, the manager, who was fabulous! She was committed to making me happy, working with my budget, giving me a great deal, alteration estimate and the option of having custom straps made by their seamstress to exactly match my Sophia Tolli dress. From start up finish, the experience was great. I'm so excited to continue our relationship in personalizing and fitting my dress. Thank you, Maya Palace!

Sent on 01/10/2015

Maya palace did a wonderful job helping dress me for my wedding, they were very helpful with picking the best vail, all alterations were affordable and completed promptly. They had a wide variety of gowns to pick from, and service was friendly and efficient.

Sent on 10/24/2013

The staff here is always smiling, the bridal part of the shop is small, cozy and focused on the big pedestal where you get to try on a multitude of lovely gowns. My dress came in earlier than expected and the alterations were very affordable and super fast. I loved going here for every step of the process and I highly recommend you at least stop in as you search for your gown.

Sent on 08/19/2012

Kayla · Married on 02/24/2019

Last Minute Change

I discovered I was pregnant just 3 months before our wedding, and, unfortunately, the vintage dress I had purchased would no longer fit me.
    The entire staff at Maya Palace ran with the last minute nature of my walking in and made sure I found a new dress that was beautiful, fit me comfortably, and still suited my style. Everyone was friendly and professional.

Sent on 02/28/2019

Rebecca · Married on 03/16/2018

I enjoyed my experience with Maya Palace! The store can be a bit overwhelming, but they have a HUGE selection of dresses. The only thing that was a bit weird was that nobody helped me when trying on dresses... I had to have one of my bridesmaids that I brought with me help me take things on and off. That was different than other places, but it was also okay once I got used to it. They also don't have computer records... everything is on paper. So keep all of your receipts in a safe place if you need them! The alterations process was great... all of the suggestions that seamstress gave were on point. Overall, it's a great place for your wedding dress needs!

Sent on 03/22/2018
    Maya Palace 12

Maya Palace had great customer service and did an amazing job with my dress alterations!

Sent on 01/10/2017
  • Nichole

Nichole · Married on 08/27/2016

I said YES to the dress at Maya Palace!! What a wonderful experience all around. Stopped in one day with my family last minute, without an appointment. Mary went into overdrive to help me find gorgeous gowns and get me into a fitting room. Once I decided on the dress, I went back by myself to purchase it. This time it was Maria who made me feel so special. My family is in Phoenix and my bridesmaids are in other states, so I had to go alone, but Maria was right there by my side sharing my excitement. After trying the dress on again, they took measurements, and had me all set in about 30 minutes! What a treat to meet Susy, the owner of this amazing store. Everyone was just so sweet! A huge THANK YOU to all!

Sent on 03/02/2016

I bought my gorgeous gown and veil here and I am so happy with how everything looked the day of my wedding. Suzie helped me pick my gown and she was so sweet throughout the entire process. The other staff members are fantastic as well. I have only positive things to say about this store. Also, the seamstress who altered my dress did an amazing job. I had picked a slightly revealing gown and I needed to make it more modest for my religious beliefs. She accomplished this without it looking matronly or like the alterations were an after thought-they really looked like they were originally part of the dress. I felt so glamorous in it. My only complaint is that some of the comments that the seamstress made to me were rude and slightly offensive (she told me my dress would be matronly if it was altered the way I wanted it and she also told me how bloated I was the day before my wedding and that's why my dress wasn't fitting properly). However, she did impeccable work so I just dealt with her comments. Overall, I am very happy with my experience and highly recommend Maya Palace for a unique experience when shopping for a wedding gown.

Sent on 12/21/2014

Natasha · Married on 04/09/2010

I bought my reception dress from Maya Palace. I got a beautiful Sue Wong Silk gown with aurora borealis crystals on the front and back. The dress was absolutely perfect for my reception. It is so beautiful I have to find another event to wear it to...shhh. Maya Palace in Tucson was staffed with nice ladies who were knowledgeable in fashion and tended to the desires of their clients. I would definitely buy from them again. They truly offer a unique selection unmatched to other boutiques. Thank you

Natasha

Sent on 07/27/2010

Patricia · Married on 12/02/2016

I love being able to go to a local business for such a large purchase. They have a great selection of wedding dresses from sale/purchase floor models to brand new higher budget dresses. The first time i went in, i did not have an exacty idea on a dress so the attendant brought me a few samples and i chose from that. Then she brought in more examples of the ones I enjoyed from the first set of samples and so on. It was great not having to look on racks. The dressing areas are very roomy so bring your family/friends (maybe no more than 4). Definitely book an appointment ahead of time to get a room/attendant.
    They call when the dress is ready and book for the fittings with plenty of time.

Sent on 12/27/2016
  • Krissy

Krissy · Married on 04/04/2014

This place has amazing wedding gowns and accesories to match! Loved the girls who helped me shop for my wedding gowns! Really easy to shop and not feel hasseled.

Sent on 01/03/2014

I truly enjoyed working with Liz at Maya Palace. She helped me select my dress and had more patience with me than my own family!

I would recommend that you make sure Liz is present for your alterations appointments. I had some issues and they were not able to be solved until the Thursday before my wedding. I had several different seamstresses working on it and they each thought the issue was something different. It wasn't until I cried that they brought Liz in and she knew exactly what the issue was and had it fixed on the spot. Fortunately, they discounted my alterations because of the issue which went along way with me.

Liz is fabulous. Schedule with her and you will be taken care of!

Sent on 11/18/2013