Maya Palace Reviews

Maya Palace 7
  • Davina

Davina · Married on 10/13/2018

Amazing Experience

I spent a lot of time searching for the best dress. I went to DB three times before a friend suggested I try this place because they sold a specific brand. I spent maybe two hours trying on dresses I knew I wouldn’t like and dresses I wasn’t sure if I would like and dresses I almost liked. Maria was so patient with me and never once made me feel rushed. When I found my dress I literally sat down and cried and cried and called my mom and took why too many pictures. It was perfect. Maria also paired my dress this the most perfect headband that really tied my whole look together. It was magical.

I am only 5’1” so at the very least I needed my dress to be hemmed. I am also very curvy and the design of the dress in some places needed to be altered. I was lucky enough to be teamed up with Maesoon (I really wish I had double checked the spelling of her name). She has a great vision and really knows how dresses will best flatter you. I could not find a bra or corset or anything that would have been hidden under my dress and also fit. I decided to go braless and in some photos you can see the fabric overlapping. I’m a little upset with that but I seriously couldn’t find a bra. She was also able to take like 4 inches of height from the torso without losing the integrity of the back lace design. She seriously worked some magic and made me look like a dang queen. I’m so grateful.

Maya Palace 8
    Maya Palace 9
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 10/14/2017

I can't say enough good things about my experience at Maya Palace! After seeing a dress I liked at an out-of-town boutique, I decided to stop here before taking the final plunge. I told Margarita the details of what I was looking for and she walked through the store with me to find a few examples that would fit with my vision. "The" dress ended up being the first one I tried on, under budget, and was a million times more flattering that the other one I had considered purchasing! Because I was concerned that the dress had an open back, Margarita referred me to the alterations team. Teresa (who has years of experience in both costume design and wedding dresses) ended up building an illusion back, which was drop dead gorgeous! Though I had this custom back, plus a bustle, bra cups, sleeve lengthening and hem of the skirt's intricate lace, alterations costs were significantly less than what I had been quoted by other boutiques. Finally, their customer service is unparalleled - the staff recognized me and greeted me warmly each time I visited the store like I had been a long-time friend. Please, do yourself a favor and visit Maya Palace for your wedding or special event needs. You can't go wrong here!!!!

Maya Palace 10
    Maya Palace 11

Lidia · Married on 07/08/2017

My experience at Maya Palace was great! I wanted to buy a wedding dress from a local shop, but I was worried that it might be beyond my budget. Maria helped me choose the dress, she spent more than 2 hours suggesting dresses that fit my budget. She asked the right questions to know my style and helped me feel comfortable trying on different dresses. On my first visit, I narrowed it down to 2 dresses. On my second visit the next day, I was decided on the one! It was 4 sizes larger as I got a discontinued Allure model. I was a bit anxious that it might not be altered well to fit me, but when Teresa the seamstress came to see it, she helped me feel confident right away that it would work the way I wanted it. Working with Teresa was such a good experience! She is such a professional and loves what she does. She even altered the design of the back for me, exactly how I wanted it. She's also a pleasure to talk to, I enjoyed our conversations so all the alteration visits were enjoyable. I highly recommend Maya Palace. Though my wedding was not in Tucson, I bought my dress from their shop and flew with it to Indiana.

• User6766666 · 1+ year ago

Great selection and everyone there is so friendly. Mary was especially helpful and patient during my dress search!

• User6534681 · 1+ year ago

Beautiful dresses! Super attentive to my needs and making sure the dress fits perfectly for the big day!

Alyssa · Married on 11/12/2016

Maya's Palace was incredible. They had a huge selection in a wide price range, and plenty of Maggie Sottero dresses I was interested in. They let you look around and take your time. It sounds strange, but all the women working there give off the vibe of being mom-like in the best possible way, which made them easy to work with and they always eased all of my concerns. My dress was spectacular and they ordered some of the custom lace to create matching sleeves for my alterations. They also attached a belt I bought and brought to them during the alteration process. They were quick about getting me in for fittings and and easy to work with for scheduling. The only issue is that even though I wrote down two different contact numbers, they only kept calling one (and calling it wrong, but to be fair my handwriting is atrocious) even though I wasn't answering and not trying the other. This led to months of me waiting anxiously for my dress only to find out they already had it. Even then, they still got everything fitted and altered in plenty of time for my wedding. They also gave me a coupon to restore and preserve my dress though them after we picked it up, which I plan to use.

Jennifer · Married on 10/22/2016

I am so glad that I decided to give Maya Palace a go. They made it feel like I was the only bride there shopping (which I wasn't) and made sure to include my family and friends in the process as well. Romina was my consultant and she was the one that ended up finding THE dress! I can't wait to have my dress fittings!

Mimi · Married on 04/02/2016

I was to say the least a bit intimidated by the whole idea of trying to choose a dress. I had found one online that I loved. When my daughter and I arrived for my appointment we were greeted cheerfully and quickly. The young lady that assisted us was extremely patient, listened to my ideas of what I would like, was thoughtful in her selections ( actually had the dress I thought I loved, which I did not when I tried it on) she had some other ideas for me and found a dress that I would have never chosen. I put it on and went " oh my goodness" when I came out to show my daughter she cried. It was/is so beautiful and nothing like I imagined I would have chosen or worn. She was wonderful and as a consequence I chose my dress on my first outing. I cannot thank her enough!!!!!!!

Katie · Married on 08/22/2015

The staff is great and very helpful. I wasn't sure what I wanted as soon as I put on my second dress I knew that it was the one!

Shauna · Married on 06/06/2015

I had an absolutely wonderful experience getting my bridal dress from Maya Palace. Mary (Swan location) was with me from my first time trying on dresses to my final fitting. She was the one who actually picked out the dress I ended up getting and it was perfect. She has an eye for dresses and has a sweet personality to match! I visited some other bridal shops before my appointment at Maya Palace and the dresses at the other places don't hold a candle to the dresses at Maya Palace. Best place in Tucson to get a bridal gown,and best customer service!!

April · Married on 06/05/2015

The dress I found is a total one-of-a-kind. Can't wait to take it for alterations!

The woman I spoke to who helped me get my dress was the sweetest woman I think I have ever met, she was so helpful and helped me find JUST the dress for me! They were able to order my dress, they had the black wedding veil I wanted, they will even be putting in the perfect alterations for me!

• O

Olivia · Married on 02/14/2015

Maya Palace was AMAZING! The selection of dresses was endless. Everything was gorgeous and very good quality. The staff was very personable. They were very attentive. They met all my deadlines and even helped my bridesmaids with alterations. Everything from my first visit to my last was perfect. I could not have asked for a more pleasant experience. I highly recommend Maya Palace for any bridal or formal need.

Hillary · Married on 10/12/2014

Try looking here versus a big chain, they have so many unique gorgeous dresses. My dress was the very first one I tried on. I gave a description and they found it right away! The service was great and they did beautiful work on my alterations. I also found the perfect shoes here.

This is the best place to find a bridal gown in Tucson. I was nervous to go shopping for my dress, because I was going by myself. The staff at Maya immediately put me at ease. I never felt rushed. They took the time to understand what I was looking for, and they made recommendations based on my body type. My whole experience with Maya was incredible. The customer service is impeccable. I ended up with my dream dress at a reasonable price. Their alternation work is also excellent. I would highly recommend that any bride in the Tucson area get their dress at Maya Palace.

Rachel · Married on 03/29/2014

The staff at Maya Palace were FANTASTIC!! I was able to find a truly unique wedding dress, one I never in my wildest dreams thought I would fall in love with. When I came in to finalize my decision, like every bride I shopped around.. but was quickly drawn back to the store because of the personalized atmosphere. When we returned to the store we learned that the dress that I had fallen in love with had been discontinued... but the girls were quick to help and were able to secure the last one they had in the store for me. They did a great job with the alterations as well. I would definitely recommend coming to this store, it was a one of a kind experience!

I found my amazing Sue Wong dress at Maya Palace. They were so kind to me, my mother, and my bridesmaids through the whole dress shopping and fitting process. Our assistant was a really nice young girl (i cant remember her name!) and she was patient and so personable. We did have some issues with our initial tailor, but the store recognized that my dress looked terrible and Helen came in to save the day. She took at all the stitched from tailor number 1 and re-did everything. I was so worried and the dress fit me perfectly. They also didn't charge us for the first tailor's work. Their alteration prices are super cheap too! $25 an hour. Piece of advice I learned, always make sure the person altering your dress is the one that fits you.

I would chose this local Tucson gem over any other corporate place. And they have Sue Wongs!!!!

KT · Married on 10/26/2013

I bought my dress from Mya Palace. They were WONDERFUL! After trying on the typical wedding dress at the chain stores, I still hadn't found what I was looking for. 5 minutes in Mya Palace and I had 3 BEAUTIFUL gowns to choose from. The staff was very helpful! They made my experience comfortable and easy. Everyone loved my dress, but not as much as I did. I also got my flower girl dresses there, the ONLY place that had the color I wanted in-stock so I could see the actual color. I HIGHLY recommend Mya Palace to anyone looking for a beautiful and unique outfit for any occasion.

I LOVE Maya Palace. I bought my dress at their location on Wilmot Rd before it closed. I bought a beautiful Maggie Sotero on sale, and they had to alter it from a size 8 to a size 2! Jonja (the seamstress) was wonderful, and didn't cut any of the dress off, and it looks like it was never altered! Their Oracle store is beautiful and stuffed with everything you need, even for bridesmaids and moms! Margarita is by far the nicest and most helpful sales woman you'll ever meet. Maya Palace is 10 out of 5 stars!

Brenna · Married on 10/05/2013

Go see Lizzie! She knows her stuff. Found me the perfect dress.

Lindsay · Married on 09/28/2013

I found my dress at Maya Palace, and had a wonderful experience dong business with them. Liz is a fantastic bridal consultant, and made the experience so much fun! I went there just to play, and had planned a trip to Scottsdale to go shopping 'for real'. I never knew how many gorgeous dresses they have at Maya Palace! I found a beautiful Sottero & Midgely on my first shopping trip. Liz helped me pair it with the perfect veil, and the seamstress, Helen, did an excellent job of taking the dress in (a lot). It fit like a glove and I got so many compliments. Liz also found a dress for my mom, and very stylish grandma and aunt from out of town. I will never go to anyone else for a special occassion dress again!

Everyone there is amazing!!! Liz was fantastic!!!! Liz put me in a dress I would never have gone for and it turned out to be the one! She definitely knew what would look good and she made the dress buying experience fun! Everyone makes you feel like a princess every time!!! Highly recommend ..... Very professional and helpful!!

I highly recommend Liz at Maya Palace in Tucson if you are looking for someone attentive, professional and fun. She has a great eye for your own personal style and I had a great experience.

I purchased my wedding dress at Maya Palace for my wedding that was in Tucson in July, 2013. Since this was the single most important dress and the most expensive dress that I will ever purchase, I decided to go to every bridal store in Tucson and try on a variety of dresses to figure out what style I liked best and make sure I was getting the best deal. I found a dress at another bridal store that was a Maggie Sottero but the store would not give me a model number or let me take a picture of the dress. When I told this to the bridal consultant, Lizzy, at Maya Palace she decided to take a trip over the the other competitor store and check out the dress for me on her day off. She explained to the other store that she was a friend of mine and wanted to check out the dress that they had saved under my name. Later Lizzy called me back and informed me that she got in touch Maggie Sottero and the competitor store has not been licensed to sell maggie dresses in years.
    The level of dedication and care for brides is what made me realize I was going to to purchase my dress at Maya Palace. As a bride, I wanted to have the level of security and peace of mind to know that my dress was going to be ordered correctly and would fit perfectly. Maya Palace definitely gave me peace of mind in regards to my dress.
    I was in the store frequently prior to my wedding and got to know the associates by name. I was always greeted with a warm smile and a hug from the amazing ladies at Maya Palace.
    I would also recommend using their seamstress, Helen, that they have on site. I ended up losing a lot of after my first set of alterations and had to get my dress altered a second time prior to my wedding. My dress fit perfectly and looked like it was made for my body. I would highly recommend Maya Palace to all future brides!