May Iosotaluno Photography Reviews

25 | Los Angeles, CA

25 Reviews for May Iosotaluno Photography

Jennifer Lee · Getting married on 08/01/2020

It was a breeeeze!

From the get-go, May was incredibly prompt and flexible with dates/times/and even the location of the shoot. Speaking of the shoot, we did an engagement session with both indoor and outdoor elements at Joshua Tree, and she graciously drove all the way out there from LA. The whole session went by so quickly and easily, May has an eye for subtle details and her aesthetics is spot on, we just sat back and let her do her magic. It was a breeze working with her!

Sent on 03/26/2019
  • Kevin

Kevin Slack · Married on 04/05/2020

An Absolute Dream

We hired May to photograph our elopement in Joshua Tree! She not only was incredibly easy and wonderful to work with, she gave us some great advice and ideas for the elopement itself since she had already been part of a few. We planned this very last minute and May was super accommodating every step of the way. She delivered the photos early and we were completely blown away by the quality of her work. The photos have so much personality in them and captured how magical and special our day felt to us. I'd gladly hire her again for other events and recommend her to anyone I know getting married!

Sent on 06/03/2019
  • Lisa

Lisa · Married on 11/16/2019

May is the Best!

May shot our Yosemite elopement and we love how our photos turned out! Each one capturing all the emotions that ran through us that day. Such a blessing to be able to relive this moment forever through these photos! We spent the entire day together with her driving around Yosemite, taking photos, eating astronaut food for lunch, spotting bears, sharing music, and having a ton of laughs. Work with her was so easy! Her attitude and personality made Armen and I feel at ease as everything just felt so natural!

Sent on 03/10/2019
  • Kristyn

kristyn · Married on 11/16/2019

Amazing photographer, amazing human

I can’t explain how thankful my husband and I are to have found May! We we’re looking for a wedding photographer and we took one look at her website and were hooked! We loved her style, and her super fun, yet chill vibe. We contacted her and she responded within the day! We had a video chat to get to know one another and we booked her immediately! She did our engagement shoot and that got us so pumped for her to shoot the big day! May was one of the easiest vendors to communicate with- she’s organized, calming and so down to earth. May, thank you for being our calm during the hectic wedding day and helping us have so much fun! If you’re looking for a photographer, seriously, look no further- She’s just the best!

Sent on 12/31/2019

Christine Obermeyer · Married on 10/12/2019

Adventurous engagement shoot in Joshua Tree

Originally I reached out to May to see if she'd be available to shoot my fiance and I's wedding, but unfortunately she was already booked over 8 months in advance. Luckily, she offered to do an engagement shoot for us and I couldn't resist. I know a lot of photographers typically recommend if they shoot your wedding, they should photograph your engagement shoot so you can get a feel for how the photographer will pose you and you get a feel for the photos at your wedding. As much sense as that makes, I wouldn't go back and do it differently; May gave my fiance and I one of the best experiences we've had during our wedding process. We don't take many photos of ourselves as we're terrible in front of a camera, but May knew that ahead of time and made us look absolutely stunning in every photo.

I requested a few shots within the first week so we could send our save-the-dates and she blew me out of the water with how timely she was. After a few weeks, the entire portfolio she sent had a consistent editing theme, it told the story of the day, and overall had some REALLY dope shots. Most importantly, she made the day really fun for us - we climbed boulders, we tripped, we laughed, we drank champagne. I've already recommended her to so many friends.... I'm just really sad she's already booked for our wedding. WE LOVE YOU MAY

Sent on 03/26/2019
  • Kelly

Kelly Weekes · Married on 09/21/2019

Loved our experience with May!

My fiance and I were in California for work and wanted to do our engagement shoot while we were out there since we live in Chicago. May was recommended to us by a friend and we are so glad we chose her! From the beginning she made the booking process easy and was extremely responsive throughout the whole process. She made us feel comfortable in front of the camera and really made it feel like we were just on a fun date night. She was able to capture our happiness and personalities so well. The pictures turned out great. We absolutely loved working with May and highly recommend!

Sent on 01/06/2019
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 08/24/2019

amazing human, master of her craft

I've never been more delighted to write a review than I am to compliment the amazing May. May was recommended by a personal friend and we hit it off immediately. As our wedding took place on the East Coast, May traveled to us and we feel so grateful to the universe that she did. She has a calming presence that puts everyone at ease. Our wedding party also loved May and the bridesmaids started a "May for President" chant - seriously! She delivered our "sneak preview" sooner than expected and also delivered the online album in a very timely fashion, with instructions on how to download, order prints, share, etc.
    May perfectly captured the emotions of our day and of course guaranteed every shot that was asked for. She is prompt, kind, considerate, and a master of her craft. But more than that, May is a remarkable human being and carries a quiet yet solid confidence. 10/10 would recommend working with her!!! Do it!!

Sent on 11/07/2019

Ezra · Married on 08/24/2019

Could not have been better !

The pictures were incredible. May was so happy and easy to work and get along with. Everything exceeded expectations.

Sent on 02/16/2020
  • Joe

Joe Smith · Married on 07/27/2019

A true artist! (and a great person, too)

We just got the photos back from our wedding and all I can say is -- WOW! May did an absolutely incredible job, capturing all of the magic, chaos, fun, and love of this weekend in gorgeous, evocative images. From her composition and use of color to her ability to snap a pic at just the right moment, May brings a level of talent and skill to the work that you won't get with your run-of-the-mill wedding photographer. Plus, she's an absolute delight to work with and had no problem directing our boisterous family with a polite efficiency (not an easy feat). We are so happy with her work and can't recommend her enough!

Sent on 10/25/2019

Erika · Married on 06/14/2019

One of the BEST wedding decisions!!

Every review of May Iosotaluno is TRUE -- simply put, she is the BEST. Her skills are unbelievable. If you see her photos and it fits your style (and it should), she will deliver what you want and beyond. Her photos are beautiful, loved by us and our family and friends. Her natural ability to see and scout a location and find the perfect shots are amazing to see. For both our engagement photos and wedding, we picked the location and May truly made it happen. She scouted the location, told us the best spots and coached us on every pose. It ended with every shot she gave us being AMAZING.

To us, the most important part is her amazing personality. She is caring, compassionate, and one of the sweetest people you'll ever meet. We are naturally quiet and private people that aren't used to being in front of a camera. We told May this, and she worked with us through our engagement photos and wedding.

She coached us through, listened to what types of photos we weren't comfortable with and remembered every detail of our few asks. She knew exactly how to adapt to our 'private' personalities and made us feel extremely comfortable and happy to take photos. Lastly, our bridesmaids, groomsmen, and family all appreciated how amazing she was in taking their photos as well.

She was one of the BEST decisions for our wedding and can't recommend enough.

THANK YOU May!!!

Sent on 07/02/2019
  • Olivia

Olivia Song · Married on 06/10/2019

We love our gallery.

I am delighted to be writing a review for our photographer May Iosotaluno. I discovered her on instagram a year ago and after several weeks of searching for a photographer and back and forth emails with many other photographers, my fiance and I felt the most comfortable with May's warm and kind personality in genuinely wanting to get to talk to us by video chat. We knew from the video chat that we wanted to choose May for both engagement and wedding. When it comes to your wedding planning, you think every single detail will matter but now that the wedding has come and gone, all that are left are these photos that she took for us and we will cherish them for a lifetime. What particularly stands out the most about her photos are her photojournalistic approach and the way the pictures tell a story about the moment and the people in it. If you are on the hunt for an engagement/wedding photographer, you won't regret choosing May. We couldn't be happier when she sent us our wedding gallery and shared it with all our loved ones. Thank you May for capturing one the the most important day of our lives :)

Sent on 12/09/2019

Sofia · Married on 06/08/2019

Our Wedding

May made everything so easy for us and helped us execute a game plan before our wedding. She is thoughtful, smart, resourceful, and has fun all while she’s snapping the best photographs we’ve ever seen for event photography! She truly made our day so much fun and took great care of us! We love how our photos came out, we could not be happier! Thank you May :)

Sent on 10/20/2019
  • Anna

Anna Lim · Married on 05/27/2019

Love everything about working with May

My husband and I are extremely happy with hiring May as both our engagement and wedding photographer.

My husband and I are the MOST awkward people when it comes to taking photos... However, May made us feel really comfortable and gave us incredible advice and ideas for each shot that she took. She is extremely warm and welcoming and was comfortable to be around. We were extremely happy with our wedding photos and get a ton of compliments about them! Many of our friends said that she was able to capture who we truly are as a couple!! We loved her artistic, photojournalist, and illustrative style. We also just loved her professionalism, charm, and overall demeanor throughout the entire process!

We truly are sad that our wedding is over and we don't get to see her anymore!!!

Sent on 09/17/2019

Tyler Jensen · Married on 03/09/2019

Fantastic Experience - Great Product, Total Professionalism

We had the pleasure of being able to hire May to shoot our wedding. From the very start, she was completely on top of it - she knew all the right questions to ask, and put our worries to rest. Her communication was very clear on what we were to expect and what we would get. On the day of, she was a splendid addition to the guests, and came with a lot of fantastic ideas on how to get some great shots without pulling us out of the moment. The photos were sent to us very quickly, in a wonderfully organized fashion, and we were stunned by the quality and quantity. She had really artsy shots of my Wife and I, great portraits and group shots of friends and family, and once the party started, she had a whole section dedicated to the craziness and fun that ensued. I would 100% recommend her to anyone looking for some great photos without any worries and added stress. Very worth the money!

Sent on 04/18/2019

Ariel · Married on 12/29/2018

My fiance and I were determined to find a wedding photographer with a unique artistic aesthetic and an eye for candid intimate moments. May embodies all of that and more. She was so collaborative when planning for our engagement shoot and made us feel so at ease. Full disclosure- it was my first professional outdoor photography session, but I felt so comfortable with Mays' direction. She has an incredible ability to capture such genuine emotion and create such a beautiful color palette and texture. We cannot wait to have her shoot our wedding.

Sent on 07/14/2018

Vu Le · Married on 11/03/2018

A True Professional!

May is everything you expect in hiring a professional. She is organized, timely, attentive, and responsive. More importantly she cares about her clients and her work reflects it. We were truly blessed to have May shoot our wedding and we have no hesitation in recommending her.

Sent on 01/10/2019
  • X

Xavier · Married on 10/07/2018

We are super glad to have had May do our engagement photos. She was extremely responsive and accommodating & walked us through her shooting style. She has a way of simplifying the process & making you feel comfortable.

On top of it all, her creativity in helping choose some fun venues in an area I've lived in my whole life was an unexpected bonus. She knows what she is doing, and was 100% committed to matching our stylistic tastes.

Sent on 08/01/2018

Joyce · Married on 10/06/2018

My fiance and I really wanted an at home engagement shoot. May made us feel so comfortable during our whole session as she is calm, fun and gives great direction. When we received our final photos they turned our better than we could have ever imagined. Even though we felt slightly awkward during the session, May was able to capture our emotions and love for each other in a way that was so natural. She even encouraged us to have a pillow fight at the end of our session! We have so many favorite photos it is hard for us to decide which ones we want to display for our wedding and around our home.

Sent on 06/29/2018

Carlie Simock · Married on 10/02/2018

We had the best time!

May is so wonderful! My husband and I shoot weddings on the side, so we are so used to being on that side of things that we had never in our 8 years together, had professional photos taken of us. We decided for our one year wedding anniversary that now was the time, and that we had to include our puppy child Dharma. After a lot of looking I found May, and it was a perfect fit! She was so professional, but also so laid back, and provided the perfect energy for us to feel comfortable and at ease. We are so happy with our photos and genuinely enjoyed spending the afternoon with her :)

Sent on 01/06/2019

Jessica · Married on 09/01/2018

May is the absolute best!! She shot our engagement photos and we couldn't be any happier with how the photos turned out!! I was nervous at first and didn't know what to expect. I'm normally not natural in front of the camera whatsoever, but she was so professional and immediately put us at ease. She was truly a dream to work with!! She was really able to capture us and our personalities perfectly. She also was so quick in her turnaround with the photos. I cannot wait to work with her again on my actual wedding day! Everyone knows photos are the most important part of weddings since they are the one thing that will last. If you are looking for beautiful, artistic photos to capture your day, she's definitely the right choice!

Sent on 06/28/2018

Jackie · Married on 08/24/2018

We love May! May took gorgeous photos of our wedding day and we couldn't be happier. She has a way of capturing all the beautiful little moments and the big ones as well. She was very professional, accommodating and approachable for families and kids. We absolutely loved her composition, style, coloring on all the photos. If you want intimate, stunning and thorough memories, she's the perfect photographer for your wedding and will go the extra mile!

Sent on 09/24/2018

N · Married on 08/20/2018

May is a trained filmmaker, so it makes perfect sense that she has an eye for storytelling through photography. She uses her artistic eye to capture and convey the essence of every moment. We've had the honor of having her shoot our parents' 50th anniversary, my brother's wedding reception, and a family reunion. Our already high expectations were exceeded in every way. Somehow she's able to remain incredibly unobtrusive during events, yet never misses any details. She works seamlessly with her second shooter and also edits efficiently and beautifully. We love how she is extremely talented and professional, but still easygoing and fun on a personal level. She's basically the best!

Sent on 10/13/2018

Louise · Married on 05/19/2018

We could not have been happier with our photos and our experience with May. She shot our engagement and wedding photos. May is warm, professional, accommodating, and flexible. She made us feel so at ease and knew exactly how to capture candid moments and create great formal portraits. She was great with our families. Her photos are seriously gorgeous...she knew just how to frame things, spent time scouting all locations and finding out what was important to us.

Sent on 07/30/2018

Leah · Married on 04/06/2018

May was absolutely amazing every step of the way. My husband and I had a lot going on around the time of the wedding (in addition to the wedding planning!) so we weren't always prompt in our responses but May was kind and patient and allowed us to move at our own speed. She never added to our stress. The day of the wedding it seemed like we had 4 shooters instead of 2, they were fabulous. The photos came back promptly and were just beautiful. It rained on our wedding day and she reassured me that we would get some great shots and we sure did. The pictures through the clear plastic umbrellas she provided were some of my favorites. Hire May, you won't regret it.

Sent on 07/06/2018

Scout Walker · Married on 10/29/2017

Loved the process of being photographed and loved the end results!

May was a delight to work with! I wanted to do anniversary photos for our 1st wedding anniversary while my husband and I were in town in California (we are from TX), and my original wedding photographer suggested contacting May.
    May was quick to respond and was very easy to coordinate with. She suggested several locations in the area and helped us pick what location best fit our "vibe."
    The day of our shoot, we met for a chat and for coffee, then got to the shoot. May kept us chatting and comfortable throughout the whole shoot, she suggested poses and backgrounds and was willing to work in things we requested as well! My husband and I have a HUGE height difference, and May handled that like a champ! You can hardly tell there is such a big difference between us in photos! Our photos turned out wonderfully and I loved seeing the different angles and shots May curated for us! Her editing style is so classic - our photos will look great and timeless for years to come. We would highly recommend hiring May!

Sent on 01/07/2019