Max Photography Reviews

Max Photography 5
Max Photography 6
Max Photography 7

Stephanie · Married on 07/25/2019

If you're looking for a photographer, look no further! We recently booked Max Photography for our engagement photos and we couldn't be happier! Justin was so wonderful to work with. He was able to schedule us in the time frame that we needed. He's very easy going and made it comfortable for us to stand in front of a camera. The pictures are absolutely beautiful! His prices are very reasonable. You'll definitely get a great experience and the best quality with Max Photography!

Sent on 02/03/2018

Mary · Married on 05/25/2019

Our favorite wedding vendor! Thank you, Max Photography!

My husband and I couldn’t be more pleased with Max Photography. Justin and his colleagues are personable, professional, and very, VERY good at what they do. Our wedding photos are beautiful and true to the spirit of the day.

In addition to doing an excellent job on the standard wedding pics, the Max Photography team has an eye for what is important to the bride and groom. They know how to capture moments that, in less capable hands, would have been lost.

Communication with MP was always prompt and thorough. Folks, I didn’t realize how important this was until after all was said and done, so let me elaborate. Outside of your wedding planner (if you have one), your photographer is going to be up in your business more than any of your other vendors. Before the wedding you should have a consultation with them and (if you choose) work with them for your engagement photos; during the wedding, they have to wrangle your whole family, be there for all your more personal moments, and figure out who else is important to you so that they take enough photos of them; after the wedding, you have to communicate with them about your photos/albums, etc.

Max Photography was so good about all of this… my husband and I lucked out. We are so grateful to Justin and Sloane for their hard work. Thank you both for helping to make our day special, and for preserving memories that we’ll cherish for the rest of our lives.

A final note: I highly recommend getting the package with the photo booth. We got tons of great photos from that, too, and MP uses quality props.

Sent on 07/20/2019
    Max Photography 8
    Max Photography 9
    Max Photography 10
    Max Photography 11

Melissa Cross · Married on 04/26/2019

Great photographer!

Justin was great to work with! He made everyone feel comfortable and really did an awesome job documenting our wedding. Highly recommended!

Sent on 05/27/2019
    Max Photography 12
    Max Photography 13

Kyle Cross · Married on 04/26/2019

Max Photography

My wife and I used Max photography and were exceptionally pleased with the results!! Justin and his team were outstanding and we both cannot speak highly enough. We will no doubt be using him again!

Sent on 05/28/2019

Ali Laughead · Married on 12/29/2018

Beautifuly Captured Moments

One of the things I’m happiest about from my wedding day is choosing Justin at Max Photography for our wedding photos. His pre-wedding communication was phenomenal, and his pricing for our photo package AND the photo booth was absolutely amazing, it was a deal I don’t think anyone could match!!! Let’s start with the photo booth… What a hit with the wedding guests!!!!! He provided a chest of props, and people were in and out of the photo booth all night! It’s so great that it prints 3 strips, we left a guest book with tape for guests to leave a strip behind and write a note next to their pictures... and it’s seriously the funniest/ best thing to look back on now after the wedding! He gives you a USB drive of all the photos from the photobooth too, so that way you’ll have them forever! :)
    As for his wedding photos- Justin and his assistant were amazing at staying out of the way, but still capturing amazing and intimate shots throughout the day and night. He was so kind at giving directions for me and my husband, and let me tell you, he will make you and your spouse look BEAUTIFUL! No awkward poses, I promise! They captured so many precious moments of the night, and went above and beyond the photos I requested they take, capturing so many more memories than I ever thought imaginable! The photos are beautiful, and capture everything I’d want to remember from my wedding day. Thank you again, from the bottom of our hearts!!

Sent on 03/15/2019
    Max Photography 14
    Max Photography 15
    Max Photography 16

Emily Trekell · Married on 12/22/2018

Beautiful work and stress free!

I needed a photographer in a short amount of time for a last minute wedding I was having in Austin. I found Justin through the Venue's website and loved his work I saw on his website. I emailed him and he was very quick to respond! He was awesome to work with and so friendly. He made my special day a breeze! Highly recommend!

Sent on 02/01/2019
    Max Photography 17
    Max Photography 18
    Max Photography 19
    Max Photography 20

Lauren Ayala Flack · Married on 11/17/2018

I really wish I could give more than 5 stars!

I really wish I could give Justin and his team more than five stars! We got married November 2018 in San Antonio, TX and Justin did our engagement and wedding photography. The entire experience was so easy, professional, and fun. I cannot express how amazing the quality of the photos are; plus, the photo packages are quite reasonable for what you get! Further, we used the Max photo booth and it was a HUGE hit! The quality of the photo booth pictures are the best I've seen and it was so easy to share them with our guests. All of my guests loved Justin and his team and commented on how amazing our photographers were. I cannot recommend Justin and his team enough. They truly captured the best moments of our wedding and I'm grateful that we'll have these photos forever. Thank you Justin!

Sent on 01/19/2019

amy · Married on 09/22/2018

Justin was the best! I would recommend him to my closest friends. Such good people. He made us feel so comfortable even though we were totally out of our element. He estimated about two weeks to get the photos back to us and was just a couple days over the two week mark. What was great though is he texts us and let us know when they would be ready!

Sent on 10/27/2017

Max Photography's reply:

Thank you, Amy! You guys were an absolute pleasure to work with. I hope that my first state park engagement session won't be my last!

Sam · Married on 06/16/2018

We absolutely FELL IN LOVE with Justin and Max Photography. He photographed our engagement, rehearsal dinner, and wedding and we could not have dreamed up a better photographer for us. From the very beginning Justin made sure that we were comfortable and that our true selves came out in the photos. After our engagement session we got so many compliments because the photos were just incredible. Justin allowed us to be spontaneous and playful and was a great mix of candid and posed. He worked with us to find the photo package that fit our budget and got the pictures back to us in an extremely timely manner compared to our friends' photographers. Justin took time to help us find great locations for photos and took the time to take as many photos as he could. The communication was great and as an LGBT couple he made us feel VERY welcome and comfortable. I don't think we could say enough about Justin and how amazing he was. If we ever need professional photos taken again, he is our guy. I see that he is known for his photo booth, but he should be known for his photography. The guy is a pro and a gem!

Sent on 07/11/2018
    Max Photography 21
    Max Photography 22
    Max Photography 23
    Max Photography 24
    Max Photography 25

Monica · Married on 10/21/2017

Justin is the best around, hands down.

When we started researching photographers, we were skeptical that he had nothing but five-star reviews. Who is this guy? Surely somebody has had a bad experience? No. People are giving him five stars only because they can't give him six or 10 or a friggin' galaxy.

We loved how communicative and thoughtful Justin is. When we'd ask a bunch of questions about timing or shot lists, he replied promptly with honest and helpful answers. When we met up with him before the event, he instantly felt like an old friend. His kind demeanor and joking personality made us feel super at ease on the big day (no mean feat!), and his second shooter and photobooth attendant were stellar as well.

We are in love with our wedding photos—a perfect balance of candids, portraits, details, and scenery, all with great lighting and an eye for composition—and we now just have to make difficult decisions about how many we want to print for ourselves and family. No one could've captured us or our day better.

P.S. Justin gets bonus points for being the only one of our vendors to consistently cc both of us on emails instead of just replying to one or the other. (You'll be amazed at how rare that is!)

Sent on 11/18/2017

Jacob · Married on 07/14/2017

The team did a fantastic job in accommodating our unique take on a wedding. It was a wonderful experience that resulted in some amazing photographs of our special moment. If I ever need to have professional photography work done in the Austin area again I know exactly who to contact.

Sent on 07/23/2017
  • Kohlbeck Wedding

Robyn & William · Married on 06/23/2017

Justin is the best! Made me feel so comfortable during such a busy and somewhat nervous day. I couldn't of been happier with how he captured every single detail of the evening. He is always one step ahead of what you would want and takes charge is a subtle way that you feel confident. I happy that he captured all the great memories because that evening went by so fast. And not to mention he suffered through a heat wave (index 115 degrees) in dress slacks like a trooper. Thank you Justin!

Sent on 07/10/2017

Betsy · Married on 04/23/2017

I could not be happier with our photographers and their hard work to capture one of the best days of our lives. The photos blew us away, and they were so much fun at the event! The prices were the best value for the time they put in, compared to any of our other vendors.

Sent on 06/23/2017

Melissa · Married on 04/14/2017

If we could give Max photography 100 stars, we would! We are two moms with a three-year-old little girl, finally getting legally married after 12 years as a couple/family. As soon as we met Justin, we knew he was the right person to photograph our wedding. He was responsive and thoughtful, and guided us through the process of photographing a wedding with patience and humor. He was completely in-tune with what we wanted, knew the questions to ask, and remembered the little details. Several of our wedding guests gushed about how fantastic the photographer was - everyone loved him! Most importantly, our photos are breathtaking. You won't find better quality and professionalism at this price in Austin, trust us.

Sent on 05/15/2017
  • melissa

melissa · Married on 11/13/2016

Justin did a great job with our photos. Book the photo booth-- sooo fun! Copies of all the pictures, a DVD of them. He was so enthusiastic and supportive. He takes amazing photos!

Sent on 03/23/2017

Brittney · Married on 10/03/2015

Best Photographer! I am even saying that without seeing our photos. We just got married a couple of weeks ago and our photography experience could not have gone better. I was nervous because my husband is not a huge fan of taking photos, so I let the photographer know that. Not once was he ever pushy or ask us to get in all those awkward cheesy poses. He made us feel as if he wasn't even there. We did not have the easiest settings for him. The bridal house had close to no lighting or A/C, and he never complained. He was constantly laughing with us girls and making me feel completely comfortable. I felt as though I had known him for years. He was so professional and nice. Every time something memorable would happen, I would look up and there he was. He never missed a beat! Definitely go with Max Photography!!!!

Sent on 10/15/2015

Lauren · Married on 11/22/2014

We originally chose Max Photography for our photobooth, and after communicating with the owner Justin through email we decided to book Max Photography as our wedding photographer and for the bridal portraits. We had such an amazing experience with Max Photography! The owner Justin is amazing and has a great personality. He met with us several times in person to plan the bridal shoot and wedding photography. He was very flexible and accommodating and had great customer service. I'm pretty sure I emailed him a thousand times before our wedding, and he replied to every single email, always super nice and helpful. I was really nervous about my bridal portraits and didn't feel comfortable. As soon as he starting shooting the photos I felt instantly better because he has a way of making you feel comfortable. I loved the bridal portraits so much. The wedding photography turned out amazing! We had so many compliments during the reception and after the wedding about Max Photography. My guests really liked Justin and his assistant, they both had great personalities and we enjoyed having them. Max photography also did our photoboth and it was a hit! If you want to have a little something extra at your wedding I suggest getting the photobooth with Max Photography. It looks really nice and they have an assistance by the photobooth helping the guests out with the memory book. I just can't say enough about Max Photography, they are by far our favorite vendor from our wedding. We will definitely be using them in the future!

Sent on 12/26/2014

Sarah · Married on 10/17/2014

We can't say enough about Max Photography. Justin Elledge was our photographer for our engagement photos and our wedding. He is extremely down to earth, a very good guy and an even better photographer. His prices are very reasonable and the pictures came out great.

We gave Justin a few photo shoot ideas, but let him use his artistic eye and photography skills for all shots. We couldn't be happier with how everything came out and would recommend Max Photography for any wedding or event. The photo booth was a huge hit at the wedding and we received a thumb drive that night with all the photo booth pictures, which were a blast to look at. From organizing friends and family for photos to capturing all the highlights of the night, Justin is a top-notch photographer that I'd recommend to anyone.

Sent on 10/26/2014

Amy · Married on 07/18/2014

Their Photobooth is amazing! Our guests had so much fun with the props. The clarity of the photos were incredible! The photo strips are double sided so guests can take one and leave another copy behind but they also provide a flash drive of all photos taken. We will be looking through the photos of all our guests for years to come to reflect on the wonderful night.

Sent on 09/18/2014

AUDREY · Married on 06/21/2014

Justin and his assistant Andy photographed our wedding this past weekend and let me say, TOP NOTCH!

I was a no-fuss, pretty chilled out bride and didn't need an engagement session PLUS getting ready photos and didn't want the weird forehead to forehead shots and just needed a photographer for the key moments (walking down the aisle, parents, families, the union, etc.) Justin was prompt to respond to emails, on time to our ONE (yes, one meeting), scouted the location, showed up early and was super chill. Although I hired him for a few hours, he stayed longer! And captured some incredible moments. I could not recommend him more.

Way to go, he's the best!

Sent on 06/26/2014

Justin was so much fun during our wedding! He and the other photographer were incredibly professional and took amazing pictures of our event! They did everything we wanted plus more!! The photobooth was a big hit as well! Our wedding pictures are all beautiful and capture our day so perfectly!

Sent on 12/24/2013

Lynice · Married on 04/13/2013

Max photography ROCKS!!! Justin (the owner) is awesome to work with and was a great addition to our wedding. His prices are hard to beat for the quality. We ended up having him do our photography and we rented his photo booth for the wedding. Everyone loved the photo booth and we loved Justin's photos. He was so attentive to my numerous emails (which were always loaded with questions I might add) and he always kept a pleasant attitude. His crew was just as great as he was so they were all easy to work with. Even though we had a few hiccups on our timeline Justin worked it all out so it was seamless. I couldn't have been happier with having Max Photography for our wedding and would totally recommend him to anyone!!

Sent on 06/05/2013

Ashtin · Married on 10/07/2012

I. LOVE. MAX PHOTOGRAPHY.

Justin Elledge is the owner/ photographer of Max Photography and he is awesome! I used Max Photography’s photo booth services for my wedding reception and it was a huge hit! Initially we were hesitant to add an extra expense for entertainment because our budget was already stretched so thin but the photo booth was worth every penny and more. The quality, design and layout of the prints were better than a lot of the photo booths I’ve seen from various weddings and events. Justin was an absolute pleasure to work with; he was one of our favorite vendors and just so… cool! Forget any other vendor you’ve considered to cover you photo booth needs- MP tops them all in value, quality and professionalism! We had a good number of young kids at our wedding who were in and out of the booth all night; it was so hard to squeeze in a shot between all the kids going in and out. Justin was so patient with all of them- never made any negative remark, eye-roll or showed a hint of annoyance. At the end of the night, he had already begun to pack up when I asked him if I could pop in for one more series, he was happy to load all the equipment back in to fulfill my wishes. What more could you ask for a as a bride than to have a vendor that truly cares about your experience with them and strives to make you happy? I will say it again… I. LOVE. MAX PHOTOGRAPHY. End of Story.

Sent on 04/23/2013

Angela · Married on 10/22/2011

Justin was easy to work with and the photobooth was a hit. Our wedding guests loved it! And our photos were posted quickly, 2 days after our wedding. My only regret was that I didn't have more time to take more photos in it! The photo quality for a photobooth was amazing and I really loved the white backdrop .

Sent on 10/31/2011

Gretchen · Married on 10/01/2011

Our photo booth was amazing, I'm so glad we did it!! Everyone had a blast, and the photos made great favors. To be fair, a few of our older guests seemed a little confused by it, but our younger guests took it and ran with it. I also love how we got the photos so soon, it kind of made up for having to wait for the professional ones to come in. Working with Justin went smoothly from start to finish. I would definitely hire again, and I'm kind of looking for another reason too (it was so much fun!!).

And a side note - the free props were awesome!

Sent on 10/09/2011