Mavris Arts & Event Center Reviews

51 | Indianapolis, IN

51 Reviews for Mavris Arts & Event Center

Kimberly Morris · Getting married on 03/09/2021

Flawless wedding venue!

Mavris Arts & Event Center is perfect for any corporate event or wedding! My husband and I fell in love with the venue for our wedding and we couldn't have been more satisfied. It has everything you could want and more! Spacious garden courtyard, beautiful bride and groom suites, rooftop bar and entertainment area, fantastic food and alcohol service provided onsite, and a wonderful staff! Our coordinator provided by the venue made planning our wedding so much easier and went above and beyond our expectations. Thanks to the Mavris team our wedding was flawlessly perfect! If you're looking for the perfect wedding venue in downtown, Indianapolis this is the venue you want!

Sent on 10/22/2019
  • Britney

Britney · Getting married on 10/17/2020

Definitely recommend!

Mavris has been exceptional so far! We decided to book this venue bc it has amazing views of the city in their outdoor spaces as well as very cool industrial chic indoor spaces! The wood, brick, and piping is all gorgeous. The individuals we have worked with have been quick with correspondence and so incredibly helpful in all of our planning and many questions. Would definitely recommend!

Sent on 04/08/2019
  • Robyn

Robyn · Married on 02/08/2020

Amazing venue!

I cannot recommend this venue enough! Maddie made our day so magical and everything was beyond amazing. You will not regret booking this venue!!

Sent on 03/09/2020

Kathy lamont · Married on 10/12/2019

Pre wedding

Quick response tons a me week meeting. Very personal tour and options galore! We booked the venue rhe next week! We can't wait for the big day!

Sent on 03/08/2019
  • Sara

Sara Bertch · Married on 09/14/2019

Dream Wedding

if you're looking for a wedding venue, the Mavris is a must! Elise is wonderful, so make sure you ask for her. Our wedding day was perfect and effortless thanks to all the help from our planner, the expert chef and the wonderful staff!

Sent on 10/08/2019
  • Kinga

Kinga · Married on 09/07/2019

There are not enough good words....

Most people say that wedding planning is stressful, but I'm here to say that with the help of Maddie and the Mavris, I never got stressed throughout the entire process and I was able to enjoy the weekend from beginning to end.

The venue is easily the first decision, the most expensive, and the most impact decision you make for your wedding or event. After narrowing it down to two venues we picked the Mavris. I was not 100% sure on it because they were the more expensive option. However, after having our wedding there I can say without a doubt that it was absolutely the right choice. Maddie, our day of coordinator and planner, guided us through everything, every detail we didn't even think of. With a steady hand she made sure the day of went off without a hitch. We walked in the day before expecting to have to do a lot of work to prep the space, Maddie cast all that aside, asked us what we wanted and handled it on her own with her team. She insisted we did not lift a finger except to relax at the hotel with a drink in hand. After the wedding they took the time to breakdown all of our decorations and prepare them for us to pick up the next day. I cannot tell you how huge this was! On top of that, I have a very restricted diet, gluten free and dairy free, and the chef was amazingly accommodating. There was nothing we asked for that they came close to saying no to. I cannot recommend them enough. Thanks Maddie and the Mavris for making the event perfect!

Sent on 02/11/2020
  • Kylie

Kylie · Married on 08/10/2019

Perfect Memory of Wedding Day

Where do I even begin with how magical working with the team at the Mavris was? I was initially planning a wedding from DC and wasn't even able to see their venue in person. My sister and mother in law toured it for me and Facetimed me while they were there. Even through a phone video, the romantic brick and wood décor was breathtaking and the planning/event team women were so friendly that I immediately knew I was in good hands. I was instantly sold with knowing the Mavris could help me take the guesswork out of venue planning, catering, and day of coordination. They are multiple "super vendors" rolled into one - which I loved!! Halfway through wedding planning, our wedding planner took a new job elsewhere. I was a little scared at first, but the Mavris immediately assigned a new coordinator. So, I wanted to extend A HUUUGGEEE thank you to Olivia, who stepped in as our final wedding coordinator. She was always efficient in answering emails, taking facetimes with my fiance and I, helping with any last minute changes, and led the charge on wedding day to make sure every little detail was taken care of! I couldn’t have asked for a more perfect and seamless experience. I tried to think of one thing that went wrong on my wedding day and couldn't even think of one, that's how you know the investment was worth it. I'm still hearing from guests on how beautiful the venue was, how delicious the food was, and how much fun they had! Also, guests loved being able to mingle in different areas of the Mavris - they could go out in the garden or up on the rooftop balcony that overlooks downtown Indy to take a break from dancing. Overall, my entire wedding preparation with the Mavris was a magical experience. I would not hesitate to whole-heartedly recommend this venue to any couple looking to make their big day a perfect memory.

Sent on 08/27/2019
  • Kristen

Kristen · Married on 07/05/2019

The most incredible wedding venue you could imagine!

Getting married at the Mavris was an incredible experience!! Our wedding was July 5 2019 and we couldn't have asked for a better venue and staff to work with. Not only is the venue absolutely stunning in and of itself, the staff made planning fun and easy and they took care of so many things for us. You have the entire three-story building starting at 10am on your wedding day and the bridal suite and mancave (where groom/groomsmen get ready) are amazing. They are spacious and beautiful and you can order pre-ceremony food and drinks to be delivered to the suites by Mavris staff throughout the day. Also, the food is all done in-house and is outstanding! Our guests RAVED about our food. Thank you Mavris for making our special day so easy and fun!!

Sent on 07/30/2019
  • Darcy

Darcy Snyder · Married on 06/04/2019

Our Dream Wedding

We loved having our wedding at the Mavris. We fell in love with the venue as soon as we stepped through the front door and immediately knew that we wanted to have our special day there. Planning a wedding can be stressful, but having Maddie and the Mavris team help us with every step made it fun and a lot less stressful. It was easy to communicate with the staff, and they truly helped our dream become a reality. Maybe we are biased, but the Mavris is by far the best wedding venue! 4-6-2019 will forever be our favorite day!

Sent on 06/06/2019
  • Kim

Kim Stoebick · Married on 12/31/2018

Absolutely Amazing Staff & Venue

Held our wedding on New Year's Eve (12/31/18) and can't say enough about how amazing the staff was, how many compliments I received about the food, and the overall venue was gorgeous! We worked with Maddie (and a little with Ana) and their entire team from start to finish was perfect!

Sent on 01/20/2019

Morgan Mounsey · Married on 11/09/2018

Best Day Ever

This venue is utterly amazing! It is a great price for being downtown. The unique industrial look and the fact everything in one place really drew us in. Pictures do not do it justice!! The staff was also fun to work with and very professional and timely!

Sent on 11/14/2018

Laura · Married on 10/20/2018

Perfect Venue!

We had our wedding ceremony and reception at Mavris, and absolutely everything about our day was perfect thanks to Mavris! They do tons of events there, and you can tell that their staff is very experienced and organized.

Maddie was our wedding planner and went above and beyond for us. She kept everyone coordinated and kept the schedule moving, so that we didn’t have to worry about a thing on the wedding day. I can’t say enough about how helpful and wonderful she was to work with.

The in-house catering was fantastic! From the pre-ceremony lunch, to the appetizers, to the plated dinner, everything was delicious and made in-house. The bar service was wonderful as well and our guests were very complimentary.

The venue itself is gorgeous. We hardly had to decorate the space because it’s so beautiful on its own. There’s plenty of space so the guests don’t feel crowded, and the rooms are very versatile so that you can make it your own.

I am so happy we chose Mavris for our wedding day. I don’t think we could’ve had a better experience!

Sent on 11/24/2018
  • Grace

Grace Kennedy · Married on 10/20/2018

If you want a beautiful, romantic fall wedding

We fell in love with the Mavris just moments after walking through the front door. We were in awe of all of the warm, beautiful wood and that GORGEOUS chandelier. It is truly a one of a kind venue due to its multiple levels and all-inclusive elements that make planning and your wedding day a breeze. Not every wedding venue includes catering, an awesome outdoor ceremony space (as well as a beautiful interior ceremony space), a day of coordinator, and an entire team to set up the wedding of your dreams.

Hands down the best part of our experience at the Mavris was our planner and confidant -- Aly. Aly and her staff are all EXPERTS in the wedding business. She is fantastic at her job. She is fun, caring, pays great attention to detail, so quick to respond to any emails, and above all knows how to get people to where they need to be with a smile on her face. We had a slight hiccup with some furniture pieces not being delivered the day of and Aly was immediately on the phone and with her magic was able to get everything in place before I arrived. I did not even know there was a problem. We were slightly behind schedule, but Aly and the rest of the Mavris team put me at ease and everything went perfectly.

We have gotten so many compliments about the venue.
    Everything was so magical and romantic and whimsical and authentic--totally out of a dream! Couldn't imagine a better space, or a better experience. THANK YOU, Mavris!

Sent on 01/14/2019

Raquel · Married on 09/23/2018

I cannot say enough great things about the venue, the staff, Maddie (our coordinator), and the entire process of working with this venue. We had an elegant yet modern 1920's style wedding and the environment there at the Mavris was PERFECTION. All guests kept raving that it was the best and most beautiful wedding they've ever attended. As soon as we first toured Mavris we knew it was for us, and we were NOT disappointed.

Sent on 10/10/2018

Carley · Married on 09/21/2018

The entire staff at the Mavris is absolutely amazing. The sales associates, event coordinators, kitchen staff, and set up and tear down crew are professional, poised, and incredibly helpful! We had such an unbelievably perfect wedding day at the Mavris and we know that we couldn't have pulled it off without the help of their unmatched staff. And the venue is absolutely stunning. I can't imagine having our wedding anywhere else in Indy!

Sent on 10/03/2018

Miranda · Married on 07/28/2018

The Mavris and Elise made every part of our wedding so easy! We wanted a place where we could trust the experts and enjoy our day. We got that and so much more! We could not be happier with how our wedding day turned out, and it was all thanks to the Mavris! We got so many compliments on the venue, the food, and how smoothly our wedding day went. People loved the different spaces available and how they always knew where to go when without having to rush around or ask anyone. We never would have had the wedding we had if we were planning it on our own. So thankful we found and decided on the Mavris.

Sent on 10/05/2018

Jordan · Married on 07/06/2018

I don’t even know where to begin with describing how phenomenal our wedding at the Mavris was! From start to finish, everything was excellent. Aly Parrish was so great when I first inquired about the Mavris for our wedding. She quickly answered all of my questions, was so professional and very friendly. Once we took our initial tour of the venue, I knew the Mavris would be the most perfect spot for our wedding. The whole building has so much character and the grounds are beautiful. I heard from so many of my guests how much they liked the building. Thankfully we had amazing weather and our guests loved the outdoor space for cocktail hour and also during the reception. Everything at the Mavris was very well-kept and every person I interacted with at the Mavris was very professional and polite. I had the pleasure of working with Ana Campins for my wedding and she was FABULOUS. I honestly can’t say enough good things about her. Ana made the entire planning process go so smoothly and she was organized, helpful, patient, friendly and very detail-oriented. I don’t know what I would have done without her! She was also just a lot of fun to be around and was very good at keeping me on task while also making me feel so comfortable. She did such a fantastic job and I know she did so many things “behind the scenes” that I never knew about that helped make our wedding day perfect. I can’t say enough great things about Ana and I’ve decided she now needs to be my friend so that I can hang out with her again! The food was delicious and I got so many compliments from our guests about it. The servers, bartenders and all of the staff at the Mavris were so fantastic and helpful on our wedding day. I really appreciated how smoothly everything went and it’s obvious the entire Mavris team takes pride in making the guest experience a positive one. I would highly recommend the Mavris to anyone searching for a fantastic wedding venue without any hesitation.

Sent on 07/17/2018

Lily · Married on 06/09/2018

The Mavris was the absolutely perfect venue for our big day! The space is set up in a way that creates an amazing atmosphere for all of the different segments of the wedding and our guests loved the flow of the night. We even had to move the ceremony from outdoors to indoors and it was still absolutely stunning and set up perfectly. We have gotten so many compliments about the venue. People have raved about how fun it was, the food being delicious, and the setting being beautiful. All the things you want!

Finally, Aly and the team were fantastic to work with. I was nervous about not having a day of coordinator but Aly and her team were able to do everything on their own and it was such a relief to know we were in good hands.

Sent on 07/07/2018

Elizabeth · Married on 04/22/2018

The Mavris Arts and Events center is a wonderful place to get married. The staff was super helpful and friendly on our big day. The old restored building is beautiful and interesting while the garden area was a lovely spot for our ceremony. Great views of Indianapolis too! Everyone remarked on what a great venue it was. It was extremely nice to use the bridal sweet and the “man cave” for everyone to hang out and get ready, and it was really nice to have the venue for most of the day. Our coordinator Aly was fantastic and helped us plan a wedding and reception from long distance. I was totally at ease with her expertise. After seeing friends get married at various places where they needed a vendor for every little thing- it was such a relief to know that everything was taken care of through the Mavris from set up to tear down. Aly not only helped plan the event, she was present on the day of and made sure everything ran smoothly! The food and drinks were delicious and everything ran super smoothly. We couldn’t be happier with how our special day went!

Sent on 05/08/2018

Katie · Married on 12/23/2017

We recently had our wedding ceremony and reception at the Mavris and have nothing but great things to say about it! The staff is excellent, the venue is beautiful and our entire experience was fantastic. I would highly recommend the Mavris to anyone looking for a wedding venue!

Sent on 01/07/2018

Amanda · Married on 11/18/2017

The Mavris is AMAZING! We loved having our wedding there! Aly is by far the BEST! She was always so great and so prompt at answering my millions of e-mails with thousands of questions and always making sure we were good. I would have my wedding at Mavris a million times over again. Highly recommend it to anyone considering the venue!!

Sent on 12/01/2017

Allison · Married on 11/04/2017

I am so incredibly thankful to Alyssa and the entire Mavris staff for helping make our wedding day absolutely perfect! I actually fell in love with the Mavris when my family was helping look for a venue for my brother and sister-in-law's wedding. Three years later when I got engaged, I knew without a doubt that this was where I wanted to get married!
    Words can't even describe how awesome this place is and how wonderful the staff is! Alyssa made planning a wedding from far away so incredibly simple. I recommend anyone looking to host an event to check this place out! You will not regret it.

Sent on 11/16/2017

Madison · Married on 10/20/2017

Mavris was the most amazing wedding venue for my husband and I! Our guests were able to stay in one building the whole night, the food was amazing, the staff were incredibly friendly, and Aly Parrish (Events Coordinator) couldn’t have made me feel any more comfortable with every aspect of the day!

Sent on 11/03/2017

Jillian · Married on 09/30/2017

We absolutely loved working with The Mavris team. From the first time we saw the venue, we were in love. SO MUCH BEAUTIFUL SPACE! The team was amazing from start to finish. Elise helped us determine that this was the venue for us pretty quickly and let us tour the place a few times before making the leap. Ana, our event coordinator, was a dream to work with. She was responsive, reliable and thorough. Never once did she let us freak out about details because she had everything covered. The day of went off without a hitch because of their expertise and confidence. Everything looked beautiful, the food was so much better than any other wedding food I've ever had, the attention to every little detail was noticed. We can't recommend this place more. It was perfect from start to finish. The final price may look overwhelming sometimes, but I promise it is one hundred percent worth it when you see how great the team is, how lovely everything looks and how great the whole event will go. It was perfect and I can't thank everyone enough.
    All our love! Jill and Joe

Sent on 10/17/2017
  • Shelbey

Shelbey · Married on 09/24/2017

From the moment we walked into the venue for our very first tour to walking out as husband and wife we were treated like family. I cannot say enough great things about the venue. The food was amazing and people are still talking about the bacon knots!! Ana was the best! She made sure all my little diy touches were in the correct place and kept the entire day effortless and a true joy! The day, seriously, could not have gone better. It was so nice having the event in one place for guests. The venue does an awesome job of setting each space for its unique purpose for the day keeping guest flowing from room to room. Guests really enjoyed the rooftop patio and garden in the middle of it all. Not to mention the free parking lot for guests!! It's hard enough to find parking downtown the day of a colts game. Such a bonus that the Mavris took the extra step to secure a parking lot for all guests within walking distance of the venue.

Sent on 10/14/2017