Mavris Arts & Event Center Reviews

38 Reviews for Mavris Arts & Event Center

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

38 Mavris Arts & Event Center Reviews

Raquel · Married on 09/23/2018

I cannot say enough great things about the venue, the staff, Maddie (our coordinator), and the entire process of working with this venue. We had an elegant yet modern 1920's style wedding and the environment there at the Mavris was PERFECTION. All guests kept raving that it was the best and most beautiful wedding they've ever attended. As soon as we first toured Mavris we knew it was for us, and we were NOT disappointed.

Mavris Arts & Event Center 1

Carley · Married on 09/21/2018

The entire staff at the Mavris is absolutely amazing. The sales associates, event coordinators, kitchen staff, and set up and tear down crew are professional, poised, and incredibly helpful! We had such an unbelievably perfect wedding day at the Mavris and we know that we couldn't have pulled it off without the help of their unmatched staff. And the venue is absolutely stunning. I can't imagine having our wedding anywhere else in Indy!

Mavris Arts & Event Center 2
    Mavris Arts & Event Center 3
    Mavris Arts & Event Center 4

Miranda · Married on 07/28/2018

The Mavris and Elise made every part of our wedding so easy! We wanted a place where we could trust the experts and enjoy our day. We got that and so much more! We could not be happier with how our wedding day turned out, and it was all thanks to the Mavris! We got so many compliments on the venue, the food, and how smoothly our wedding day went. People loved the different spaces available and how they always knew where to go when without having to rush around or ask anyone. We never would have had the wedding we had if we were planning it on our own. So thankful we found and decided on the Mavris.

Jordan · Married on 07/06/2018

I don’t even know where to begin with describing how phenomenal our wedding at the Mavris was! From start to finish, everything was excellent. Aly Parrish was so great when I first inquired about the Mavris for our wedding. She quickly answered all of my questions, was so professional and very friendly. Once we took our initial tour of the venue, I knew the Mavris would be the most perfect spot for our wedding. The whole building has so much character and the grounds are beautiful. I heard from so many of my guests how much they liked the building. Thankfully we had amazing weather and our guests loved the outdoor space for cocktail hour and also during the reception. Everything at the Mavris was very well-kept and every person I interacted with at the Mavris was very professional and polite. I had the pleasure of working with Ana Campins for my wedding and she was FABULOUS. I honestly can’t say enough good things about her. Ana made the entire planning process go so smoothly and she was organized, helpful, patient, friendly and very detail-oriented. I don’t know what I would have done without her! She was also just a lot of fun to be around and was very good at keeping me on task while also making me feel so comfortable. She did such a fantastic job and I know she did so many things “behind the scenes” that I never knew about that helped make our wedding day perfect. I can’t say enough great things about Ana and I’ve decided she now needs to be my friend so that I can hang out with her again! The food was delicious and I got so many compliments from our guests about it. The servers, bartenders and all of the staff at the Mavris were so fantastic and helpful on our wedding day. I really appreciated how smoothly everything went and it’s obvious the entire Mavris team takes pride in making the guest experience a positive one. I would highly recommend the Mavris to anyone searching for a fantastic wedding venue without any hesitation.

Mavris Arts & Event Center 5
    Mavris Arts & Event Center 12
    Mavris Arts & Event Center 13
    Mavris Arts & Event Center 14

Lily · Married on 06/09/2018

The Mavris was the absolutely perfect venue for our big day! The space is set up in a way that creates an amazing atmosphere for all of the different segments of the wedding and our guests loved the flow of the night. We even had to move the ceremony from outdoors to indoors and it was still absolutely stunning and set up perfectly. We have gotten so many compliments about the venue. People have raved about how fun it was, the food being delicious, and the setting being beautiful. All the things you want!

Finally, Aly and the team were fantastic to work with. I was nervous about not having a day of coordinator but Aly and her team were able to do everything on their own and it was such a relief to know we were in good hands.

Elizabeth · Married on 04/22/2018

The Mavris Arts and Events center is a wonderful place to get married. The staff was super helpful and friendly on our big day. The old restored building is beautiful and interesting while the garden area was a lovely spot for our ceremony. Great views of Indianapolis too! Everyone remarked on what a great venue it was. It was extremely nice to use the bridal sweet and the “man cave” for everyone to hang out and get ready, and it was really nice to have the venue for most of the day. Our coordinator Aly was fantastic and helped us plan a wedding and reception from long distance. I was totally at ease with her expertise. After seeing friends get married at various places where they needed a vendor for every little thing- it was such a relief to know that everything was taken care of through the Mavris from set up to tear down. Aly not only helped plan the event, she was present on the day of and made sure everything ran smoothly! The food and drinks were delicious and everything ran super smoothly. We couldn’t be happier with how our special day went!

Mavris Arts & Event Center 15
    Mavris Arts & Event Center 16

Katie · Married on 12/23/2017

We recently had our wedding ceremony and reception at the Mavris and have nothing but great things to say about it! The staff is excellent, the venue is beautiful and our entire experience was fantastic. I would highly recommend the Mavris to anyone looking for a wedding venue!

Amanda · Married on 11/18/2017

The Mavris is AMAZING! We loved having our wedding there! Aly is by far the BEST! She was always so great and so prompt at answering my millions of e-mails with thousands of questions and always making sure we were good. I would have my wedding at Mavris a million times over again. Highly recommend it to anyone considering the venue!!

Allison · Married on 11/04/2017

I am so incredibly thankful to Alyssa and the entire Mavris staff for helping make our wedding day absolutely perfect! I actually fell in love with the Mavris when my family was helping look for a venue for my brother and sister-in-law's wedding. Three years later when I got engaged, I knew without a doubt that this was where I wanted to get married!
    Words can't even describe how awesome this place is and how wonderful the staff is! Alyssa made planning a wedding from far away so incredibly simple. I recommend anyone looking to host an event to check this place out! You will not regret it.

Madison · Married on 10/20/2017

Mavris was the most amazing wedding venue for my husband and I! Our guests were able to stay in one building the whole night, the food was amazing, the staff were incredibly friendly, and Aly Parrish (Events Coordinator) couldn’t have made me feel any more comfortable with every aspect of the day!

Shelbey · Married on 09/24/2017

From the moment we walked into the venue for our very first tour to walking out as husband and wife we were treated like family. I cannot say enough great things about the venue. The food was amazing and people are still talking about the bacon knots!! Ana was the best! She made sure all my little diy touches were in the correct place and kept the entire day effortless and a true joy! The day, seriously, could not have gone better. It was so nice having the event in one place for guests. The venue does an awesome job of setting each space for its unique purpose for the day keeping guest flowing from room to room. Guests really enjoyed the rooftop patio and garden in the middle of it all. Not to mention the free parking lot for guests!! It's hard enough to find parking downtown the day of a colts game. Such a bonus that the Mavris took the extra step to secure a parking lot for all guests within walking distance of the venue.

Rachel · Married on 08/26/2017

I can not say enough good things about our experience working with the Mavris! My husband and I had our ceremony and reception there on 08/26/17 and it was perfect! I didn't have to worry about a single detail that day because I knew Elise was going to have it 100% taken care of. Her detail in planning and responsiveness was so helpful throughout the whole process leading up to the wedding. The whole staff is so awesome and accommodating. We got lots of compliments on the food and the bartenders. The venue gives you so many options to use the space as you wish. I didn't have a moment of concern for possible bad weather because plan B was just as good as plan A. The Mavris is a dream venue for sure and worth every penny!

Laken · Married on 07/15/2017

We couldn't love the Mavris more! Our wedding day was absolute perfection thanks to the wonderful staff here. Elise went above and beyond to make sure our day ran smoothly. It was a dream come true! I did not worry about a thing on our big day and felt so at ease. The venue is stunning, every little detail is noticed by guests. Our food was delicious and guests complimented us on the uniqueness of our menu. We love the Mavris so much and would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a gorgeous venue!

annie · Married on 06/23/2017

I cannot recommend the Mavris enough! Our wedding was an absolute dream come true and we didn't have to worry about a thing knowing we were in such good hands of Elise and the rest of the Mavris staff. Initially, we fell in love with the venue space and loved the exposed brick and outdoor areas but our coordinator (Elise) and the Mavris staff won our hearts and made everything perfect! Everyone there was so friendly and attentive to us both the day of our wedding and throughout the whole planning process.

Emily · Married on 06/03/2017

Wouldn't recommend anywhere else. Mavris was the perfect location and venue for our wedding. The designers are wonderful, especially Ellie. They make every step of the way so easy. The 3 levels allows guest to experience different feels in every room and having the ceremony and reception in one place was a huge guest favorite n

• User6153162 · 1+ year ago

Amazing! The Mavris was the perfect place to hold the wedding of my dreams. The facility itself is beautiful and the staff really go above and beyond to make every detail special. Elise was our wedding coordinator and I can't say enough good things about her. If I came up with an idea, she did everything she could to make it happen! The day of the wedding was virtually stress free because of Elise and the rest of The Mavris staff!

Danielle · Married on 09/25/2016

I don't even know where to begin! Our experience with Mavris could not have been better. Everything from the planning process to the food to the flow of the event was perfect! We were especially impressed with the staff - they were incredibly courteous and attentive all night! Mavris took care of everything we needed, all while being mindful of our budget. We received so many compliments on the space, as well as the food. Our coordinator, Elise, was with us every step of the way (even bustling my dress pre-reception)! We are so happy we chose Mavris as our wedding venue and would highly recommend them to anyone planning an event in Indy!

• Janice

Janice · Married on 05/14/2016

We have heard so many amazing comments from our guests about our wedding reception at the Mavris! We worked with Elise, and she was accommodating for all of our requests. We needed a gluten-free and dairy-free entree, and everyone was blown away by how delicious the food was! Everyone at the Mavris was so friendly and nice to work with. Our guests loved having different floors with room to talk, dance, sit, and eat - it was such a unique environment! We cannot say even great things about the Mavris, and we would pick this as our reception venue again in a heartbeat!

Emy · Married on 04/09/2016

Our wedding at Mavris could not have been anymore perfect. Ellie was our coordinator and we loved working with her. The staff at Mavris did anything they could to make our day perfect and bring to reality any request that we had. The planning process with Mavris was easy and followed the timeline we were given upon signing the contract with them. Our families were impressed by the small details Mavris paid attention to. For example they brought food for the kids out first before serving the other guest. Another example was the attentiveness of the chef who paid attention to food allergies of our guests. He even made a trip out to one table to speak with a guest who has lots of allergies and explained all ingredients in each dish to make sure that the guest was comfortable eating the food. The bridal party had a great time in the bridal suite getting ready in the morning and hanging out while we all got our hair and makeup done on site. Ellie made several trips to come and check on us and see if there was anything we needed. They even took our leftover food down to the man cave so it didn't go to waste. The people at Mavris made me feel like a princess on my wedding day and went above and beyond. You can tell they have hosted many events before and could execute without any hiccups down to the details we had planned during our planning meeting. The owner even showed up to see how our reception was going, on a Saturday! We could not be happier that we chose to have our wedding at Mavris and it could not have been more perfect. I know we won't look back on our wedding day with anything except great memories.

Saher · Married on 02/20/2016

I would absolutely book this venue. Everyone we worked with was great and the venue was awesome. All my guess had a great time and said how cool the venue was.

Tess · Married on 08/28/2015

We got married at the Mavris this August (8.21.15) and it was a complete DREAM! Everything was handled so professional and the attention to detail was out of this world. I am so glad we chose the Mavris as our Wedding Venue- I would have been upset if we didn't!

Meaghan was such a great wedding coordinator. She was so friendly but also got stuff done- which was very much appreciated. I can't thank her enough for all her handwork.

We were out of town planning this wedding and they completely accommodated everything we had to work around. We would suggest this venue to anyone looking in the Indy area! Thanks again!!

Gretchen · Married on 07/31/2015

I absolutely loved everything about Mavris, all of the staff was so helpful and friendly! My wedding designer, got everything organized and the day went off perfectly!

Mavris was absolutely perfect for our wedding. Every single guest raved about the quality of both the venue and the service they received. The staff was an absolute pleasure to work with, and they ensured every detail was perfect for us - we couldn't imagine things any better.

Sent on 07/01/2015

Mavris Arts & Event Center's reply:

Thank you for your amazing feedback about your experience with us! We appreciate you choosing us for you recent event and always have a wonderful time working with satisfied clients. We always appreciate feedback to help us grow as a business. Thank you again for choosing Mavris Arts & Event Center and we are so happy to hear about your positive experience with us!

Aaron · Married on 04/18/2015

The Mavris was above and beyond what we expected in terms of service and quality. Meaghan went above and beyond to make sure everything was perfect. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Mavris to anybody looking at having their wedding/reception there. The attentiveness of the staff and the quality of service provided by every employee was second to none.

Sent on 05/07/2015

Mavris Arts & Event Center's reply:

Hi Aaron, We appreciate your wonderful feedback about your experience with us! Thank you for trusting us on your wedding day!