Maumee Bay Lodge Reviews

Maumee Bay Lodge 5
Maumee Bay Lodge 6
Maumee Bay Lodge 7

Maureen · Married on 10/28/2017

The staff at Maumee Bay made my day perfect. I had zero stress planning this wedding. Kendra and staff do an amazing job making sure I was completely happy.

Sent on 11/14/2017
    Maumee Bay Lodge 14
    Maumee Bay Lodge 15
    Maumee Bay Lodge 16

Amanda · Married on 05/16/2015

Keendra was great to work with. She was very easy to get a hold of and answered all of our questions and more! They took care of pretty much everything so we did not have to stress about coordinating or doing any work on our wedding day. It was such a beautiful location, I wish I could do it again!

Sent on 05/12/2016

Deb · Married on 05/09/2015

I could not more highly recommend Maumee Bay State Park for a wedding venue. The staff is outstanding. Even a year later, so many people who work there actually remembered my wedding and were so sweet. I have never been a big "wedding person," never been that person who loves to hear about, plan, or even attend most weddings. My dang wedding changed my own mind. It was the best day, best time, best memory of my life. I am eternally grateful to the employees at Maumee Bay who helped in such a huge way to make my wedding day absolutely stunning.

Sent on 05/19/2016

Kristin · Married on 12/11/2010

I had a winter wedding at Maumee Bay. It was beautiful! The staff was very professional. The food was wonderful and the cake was great. We had a wonderful wedding and our friends had an amazing after party in the cabins. They are a great option for families and friends to share rather than having to have multiple hotel rooms.

Sent on 01/01/2011

Katlyn · Married on 09/03/2016

I'm getting married at the lodge on September 3rd, 2016 and I cant wait! The whole planning experience has been smooth sailing thanks to Kendra ( who is in charge of all events at the lodge) You can call her up, email her and ask her a million questions and she will always answer with a smile! Shes been really easy to talk to and very flexible on anything you may want. The lodge is a beautiful place to get married as well! the scenery alone practically pays for itself! There is a catch ( which I didn't mind) You have to use them for the food and alcohol. But honestly, it made things easier for me because i didn't have to go looking for a vendor for those things. If you want a beautiful outside wedding AND a hotel to crash into ( you and your grooms hotel room is free for two nights!) I HIGHLY suggest Maumee Bay State Park Lodge. You really do get what you pay for.

Sent on 05/12/2016

Ann · Married on 05/20/2017

Kendra and her team were great to work with. She was really helpful in the months leading up to the wedding, from the food tasting to our final meeting to go over all the details of the day. On the day of the wedding, she checked in with us a few times, asking how everything was going. I was in love with the windows looking over the lake - we had a gorgeous sunset on our wedding night! I would definitely recommend Maumee Bay as a reception venue to other brides.

Sent on 06/27/2017

Rebecca · Married on 03/03/2018

3.5

I'm going to be honest, Maumee Bay wasn't my first choice in location. My husband picked it, because it made the most sense out of our other options because 50% of our guests were out of towners. And I'm glad we chose Maumee Bay.

Kendra was sweet, accommodating and easy to work with from the moment we walked into her office. I explained to her that we were ahead of the game in booking vendors because I was leaving for basic training and wanted to have the majority of the planning done before I left. She understood and worked with us to make things easy for me while I was away.

The hall was beautiful the day of the wedding, the food was amazing even the vegan option which many people said they wished they had ordered because it was so good, and the whole thing went off without any major disasters.

The only hiccup we had in the whole process, was about a week before the wedding, my mom went onto Maumee Bay's website and found out their dinning room would be closed for remodeling. My mother was quite upset that no one had called me or my guests to let them know of this change. Maumee Bay did say they would have full-service in their bar/lounge area, but it's rather small and we had at least 20 families staying there. We were a bit more disappointment when we were offered nothing but an, "I'm sorry," with no other remedies even trying to be offered.

Despite the hiccup, the wedding weekend went smoothly. I still have friends and family members saying how much fun they had and how nice the whole thing was. Kendra was wonderful the day of the wedding and even had food waiting in our room for when the night was over.

I'm still very happy with our choice and everyone we worked with. And would recommend the venue for anyone looking for a beautiful location for their wedding.

Sent on 05/15/2018

Danielle · Married on 08/31/2007

3.4
      3.5

The site was beautiful, and a perfect setting for a summer wedding. There are lots of activities for guests who are staying as well. Some slonees in coordinating the plans, however the coordinator was very friendly and offerd several options for us to accomodate our interests.

Sent on 07/06/2008

Alexis · Married on 07/05/2008

2.8
      2.0
      3.0

The Cons: My first Event Coordinator quit working at my reception venue days before my taste teste with their chef. At first I thought it would be a good thing since her call back time and service level was aweful. She could barely remember my name let alone specific details that I needed her to remember. She told no one, including me. The 2nd coordinator was her boss and she was even more horrible at returning phone calls and emails. By time she hired a new coordinator it was 3 weeks before my reception. At least the 3rd girl was pretty good, but she didn't quite have the pricing down so we had several "misscommunications" over price.

On the day of the reception the air cooler broke down and they didn't even offer as much as a fan until 30 minutes before the end of the party. Since it was so hot inside people either left or went outside (where it was cooler even though it was the middle of summer). When they went outside they were told to be quiet by another wedding party since they had a wedding that was about to start outdoors.

The Pros: The view is amazing and the food was pretty good -although pricey.

Sent on 07/14/2008