Matthew Pautz Photography Reviews

Matthew Pautz Photography 6
Matthew Pautz Photography 7

Ryan Finn · Married on 10/13/2018

Incredibly perfect service!

Having representative, engaging, amusing, and high quality pictures of our wedding was one of our top wedding day priorities. We searched and contacted A LOT of photographers. When we found Matthew's website gallery, we reached out. He is so polite and his energy is incredible. We were quickly sold. Matthew is quick to communicate, incredibly polite, and shares a great energy. Leading up to and on our wedding day, he was wonderfully respectful, professional, and he engaged with us and our guests exactly as we requested. He is so creative and captured everything we asked for, as well as everything important that my wife and I never thought of. He captured our wedding in VERY high quality. He had a great turn-around time on the photos and he did not skip a single step. They all look fantastic! We were provided photos with the highest resolution, as well as a matching photo that is formatted perfectly for sharing on social media - what a smart idea. He also photographed my wife's bridal session and those photos are absolutely flawless. He fit his way in with all our other vendors, namely the videographer and DJ. The wedding went seamlessly, and we have Matthew to thank for a lot of that. Top notch guy. I recommend him to everyone.

Matthew Pautz Photography 8
    Matthew Pautz Photography 9
    Matthew Pautz Photography 10

Kacey · Married on 09/01/2018

Choosing Matthew as our wedding photographer was one of the best decisions my husband and I made! Working with Matthew was very easy. He really took the time to get to know Greg and me, which made us more comfortable when he was photographing our wedding. He really went above and beyond, and captured all the special moments of our wedding day! Matthew got our photos back to us so quickly, and the photos are absolutely stunning! I am so happy I'll have these photos to look at for the rest of my life!

Marissa · Married on 06/29/2018

We couldn't have found a better photographer/artist to capture our special day!! Matthew is extremely talented and literally captures your wedding through the eyes of an artist. He doesnt just take pictures, he is able to capture the emotions of you, your guests, and the overall beauty of your venue. We had a wedding in the mountains at Pretty Place Chapel and the reception at Table Rock State park. To us, these places are beautiful and mean more to us than just a location. We love that his pictures reflect how beautiful we see these places in our eyes. We wanted more candid pictures than posed pictures and man did he do an amazing job!! I have so many pictured of my guests that they want printed for themselves as well. I also have to note that Pretty Place is a very challenging venue to shoot, as the background is very bright in contrast to the chapel. This was no problem for Matthew. He captured the amazing view and our faces in the posed pictures of our wedding party and family pictures.

Matthew goes out of his way to be as creative as necessary to get the best shot. He is engaged and passionate, and that's what you hope for. Someone who is passionate and loves their job.

He is worth every penny!! Don't skimp on your photos!! If you're going to spend money somewhere, spend it here!!

Meaghan · Married on 06/08/2018

Matthew was so incredibly professional. It was an absolute breeze to work with Matthew. During our meeting we shared with him a little about us - even with that one meeting he was able to capture the very essence of us as a couple. His pictures came out better than I could have ever imagined.

Valentina · Married on 05/17/2018

Amazing! Great person to be around, very pleasant and awesome person. Professional and super fast!

Matthew Pautz Photography 11

Sarah · Married on 03/24/2018

Best Decision  When looking for a wedding photographer, I wanted two things. I wanted beautiful pictures (obviously) and I want pictures that captured actual moments, not staged representations. Matthew does both of those things impeccably. As I look back on our wedding photos, I tear up every time, reliving each moment as if I was there. This is because the photos capture the purest of emotions, they aren’t staged, but rather Matthew expertly captured each special moment as it happened.
    I truly could not recommend Matthew more highly, he was a pleasure to work with, timely, communicative and our photographs are more than I could have ever asked for! Prior to the wedding, Matthew made us feel comfortable as we took our engagement photos. He took time to get to know our personalities and make sure that our relationship and love were the focus of our beautiful photographs. Because he did such a wonderful job with our engagement photos, I had no worries that he would do a wonderful job at the wedding. I have been to so many weddings where I see the photographer everywhere – they are in the middle of every special moment, making sure they get it on film. But to be honest, I can’t remember seeing Matthew once during the entire wedding, yet every moment is expertly photographed.
    In my personal opinion, wedding photographs are one of the most important decisions you make for a wedding and I believe I made the best choice possible in choosing Matthew Pautz to do our wedding photographs.

Matthew Pautz Photography 12
    Matthew Pautz Photography 13
    Matthew Pautz Photography 14

Hannah · Married on 11/04/2017

Matt was awesome! From the start, he responded quickly and answered the million questions that I had! He was always there to give advice and share tips. We did our engagement and wedding photos with him and they are beautiful! He's laid back and relaxed and makes photographing you as comfortable as possible!

Stacy · Married on 06/30/2017

AMAZING!!!!! Matthew is hands down an awesome photographer and an even more awesome person!!! Our photos are breathtaking and we will forever be grateful for these memories he captured for us!!!

Abigail · Married on 06/10/2017

I wish I could give him more than 5 stars!! He has been wonderful in every way!!! His photos are beyond breathtaking!! I HIGHLY recommend him to EVERYONE in need of a wedding/engagement photographer!!! He's super responsive and is very personable!! There was never an awkward or dull moment!! He captured everything I wanted and more!!!

Jessica · Married on 05/27/2017

Handing the reins over to someone who would photograph one of the most important days of our lives was huge. I had browsed and browsed and contacted some photographers but something always just held me back from committing. Then I found Matthew. I knew right away that he was it, the same way I knew my dress the second I saw it. I believe in trusting your gut and instinct. His work makes you feel something. It isn’t posed and forced. This partially comes from his background in photography, continuous drive to learn, and a natural ability. Working with Matthew is a joy. He even made a believer out of my husband, who was impressed with his skill and knowledge. He’s adventurous and loves a challenge or new opportunity. He was super responsive and had a plethora of suggestions when I needed help or advice. His knowledge of venues and settings in South Carolina was so helpful and refreshing. On our wedding day, it felt like hanging out with a friend. He really gets to know you and capture that. There were so many times throughout the day that I would look over and see something and be like man that would be a beautiful picture. When I looked through the album he sent me, there they all were. He’s proactive and also captured so many beautiful things I never even got to see the day of. He really sees people and captures all those little moments, because those are the big ones. I cried over so many pictures because they are such a treasure. Of all the vendors we booked for our wedding, Matthew was above and beyond the best. He is not only an exceptionally gifted photographer but also a wonderful person.

Prstou · Married on 05/20/2017

Great in EVERY aspect!!! Amazing photos, professional, friendly, easy to work with... You can't go wrong with Matthew Pautz Photography. He did our engagement session and wedding. I can't even describe how much we love the photos. I highly recommend him to anyone who cares about quality.

Erika · Married on 05/13/2017

Wedding photography is expensive. But here's the way I look at it: other than the actual marriage, the photos are the only thing from that day that will last forever. So make sure you're picking a photographer who is also an artist. Who will make your photos beautiful pieces of art that you can look at for years to come. Matthew Pautz delivers just that. His photos are breathtaking. Literally. On top of that, he goes above and beyond to make sure you are happy, comfortable, and organized on your wedding day and throughout the planning process. Wedding photography is expensive. But Matthew Pautz is worth every penny.

Sara · Married on 09/24/2016

All I can about Matthew and his photography is WOW. Matthew is amazing, both to work with and his photography. Matthew's style is very unique. It gets away from the uptight, formal feel and gives a fun twist on pictures. He was great to work with and very flexible. His prices are extremely reasonable and the best bang for the buck we found. The turn around on finished albums was within 2 weeks for both, which was much faster than I expected. We got so many compliments on both our engagement photos and our wedding photos from friends, family, and guests. We are entirely pleased with all our pictures, and are trying to think of more events to use Matthew for! I would recommend Matthew to anyone!

Sara · Married on 07/30/2016

Most importantly, Matthew is a very talented photographer who is able to catch small moments that happen naturally without his photographs feeling staged or awkward. I think it's partially due to his love of landscape photography that he is able to capture both the couple and the scenery in such a balanced and beautiful way. Though not as important as the quality of photographs, it's also worth mentioning that Matthew is extremely professional and flexible. The word flexible was one we got very familiar with when scheduling our engagement session in February. We live in Greenville, SC but dreamed of having mountain engagement pictures since our wedding will be in Asheville. However, the mountains in February have a way of being suddenly snowy and icy with little warning. We were forced to change locations and dates several times but Matthew was consistently positive and professional, perfectly balancing our happiness with making sure the photos would be stunning. We love our pictures and couldn't be happier with how everything turned out. There are some pictures that literally made my fiancé and I gasp when we saw them. We would recommend this photographer to anyone looking for unique and beautiful photographs.

Lee · Married on 06/05/2016

Choosing Matthew Pautz as our wedding photographer was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. From the day we first met with him he was friendly, professional, organizer, and great at communicating with us. He took time to get to know us and our interests as well as our vision for our wedding photos. Once the big day finally came he was a huge help in keeping us both relaxed and on schedule and capturing every moment along the way. He didn't just stand there and wait for us to ask him to take photos; he was very proactive in making sure he got shots of every detail of our wedding. Also, he did a wonderful job of blending into the background and not being a distraction to us or the guests--I didn't see him one time during the ceremony, yet he got tons of beautiful shots that we will treasure forever. I heard many comments from my family and other guests that he was a wonderful photographer--even before they saw any of the pictures--just because he was so kind and friendly and non-intrusive. You will not be disappointed going with Matthew for your wedding photos; please check out his site and Facebook page to view his work!

Alexandria · Married on 04/03/2016

He deserves way more than 5 stars. When I began my search for wedding photographers, Matthew was the first one to come across my screen. After considering other options while still figuring out my budget, I ended up going with my first choice - and will never regret it. After an awesome engagement session, Matthew didn't fail to deliver during my wedding, and he took so many amazing shots that it is impossible to choose a favorite. He really made my husband and I comfortable, and we adored working with him. Matthew is excellent with catching the best and most memorable parts of the big day, and my family and I were utterly blown away by Matthew's professionalism and talent behind the camera. If you book him, I promise he will not disappoint.

There are not enough words to describe how much we loved working with Matthew. He was so responsive during the process leading up to it and then so great on the day of. He was with me and my bridal party all day and was so sneaky with the camera that we didn't realize he was there. We did a first look which was so much fun and totally calmed the wedding day jitters. During the ceremony and reception he was everywhere, I really don't think he missed anything! Every image is so beautiful I really don't know how we're going to narrow them down for a book.

I would recommend Matthew to anyone, he is the best! I hope we get to work with again in the future for family portraits.

Stephanie · Married on 05/10/2015

Trey and I couldn't be happier that we found Matthew to do our engagement and wedding photos. I found him by googling photographers near our wedding location to try to reduce the need to pay a photographer to travel to our wedding, but I chose him because I love the way he captures light in his pictures, his depth of field, and how easy he was to work with in determining a package that would be affordable. We have not only received a lot of compliments already on our pictures from our wedding and engagement, we also received compliments during the wedding on how well Matthew did at blending in. He was able to take pictures while we were getting ready without us noticing him move about the room. Trey complimented his style and creativity with his different angles, moving around, etc during our engagement pictures that he could feel natural-- and that is coming from someone who never likes having his picture taken. We hope to continue to work with Matthew on our future photography needs and would highly recommend him to anyone. Thanks Matthew for all of your hard work!

Katie · Married on 04/11/2015

Matthew Pautz was a pleasure working with during both the bridal shots and the wedding. During our overwhelming times he already knew the questions that we had and the answers to them. He was always prepared and ready to adjust to any changes. Matt was always right where you needed him to be for the wedding photos and caught the priceless photos that I will cherish forever. I would recommend Matthew Pautz to all my friends and family.

Krissy · Married on 01/24/2015

Matthew was great! My husband and I planned our wedding in 3 weeks during the coldest time of year. Matthew was quick to meet with us, get to know us and understand our needs. We had the reception outside (yes, crazy of us I know) so it was colder than I expected...but Matthew captured beautiful photos in these conditions. He arrived early to familiarize himself with the venue since he hadn't previously shot there. I was extremely happy with my wedding photos! He wasn't the kind of photographer to show up at the appointed time and leave exactly x number of hours later. He spent his time and cared about capturing quality photos that we can look back on for years! Would definitely recommend him!

Stephanie · Married on 07/11/2014

The pictures are amazing! I am getting so many questions about Matt!

Michael · Married on 06/28/2014

I shopped around for photography before contacting Matt and Matt gave the best price on any package I could find elsewhere. I ended up getting his high end package that included engagement pictures, wedding pictures, 2 large printed photos and an album. I received all of my pictures quickly and the quality was amazing and the shots did not look forced. I would highly reccommed Mathew Pautz Photography over anybody else in the business in the Upstate of South Carolina. I will be a repeat customer as well!

megan · Married on 04/19/2014

His work is very unique and personal. He gets a lot of shots that are unscripted and real. The quality of his work is fantastic.

Christopher · Married on 10/26/2013

Matthew Pautz is by far one of the best photographers for the money. He's amazing with every shot, and can even improvise on the fly if something changes. I would not have wanted any other photographer for my wedding